Myths About Foods

Guest s u n d a e_

Guest s u n d a e_

not 100% sure that this goes here, mods please move if it is in the wrong section.

the day before NYE my family went to eat duck... its supposedly good luck and the next day my dad won the lottery.

then there's the other scientifically proven wrong one that chocolate causes pimples, but that does apply to me.

are there anymore myths relating to what food can do besides fulfilling tastebuds?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Juli~<3

if you don't eat every single rice grain on your plate/bowl you're going to marry a husband/wife with that many spots on his face.

currently, i'm going to be marrying a guy with like 5 heads. lol

'Canker sores result from too much fried foods' (or if you're chinese and know what i'm saying" Yeet-Hay/Hot foods LOL) - i just read though that (western/allopathic) doctors don't know what causes them but it seems that stress, poor nutrition, something, and menstrual periods contribute to their formation or reoccurence. In a word, i think all those things could be categorized as "Stressors" to the body in general. And stress is definitely a situation in which the body is out of balance. This somewhat corresponds to the Chinese medicine's theory (ok, it's My theory, sort of, based on chinese medicine and what little i know of it) that the body is under stress when there's a strong disequilibrium between the hot and cold elements within your body. So in both types of medicine, Stress = possibility of canker sores galore.

I think i've just semi-proven this myth to be a possible-partial-fact (at least in accordance with allopathic/chinese medicine) LOL - whatever that means.

Guest x SaRaNg HaE x

if you don't eat every single rice grain on your plate/bowl you're going to marry a husband/wife with that many spots on his face.

lol I get that all the time.

Eating mushrooms will make you smarter.

Guest bigfatPANDA

fish makes your brain better? lol.. something like that.

my parents told me that ;P

pop eye! spniach mmakes you strooonnngggg >D

fried food causes pimples?

thats what my parents always tell me @_@

...that's not a myth

i thought eating fried foods causes your body to have excess oil

and the oil goes through your face

clogging your pores

causing pimples?

Guest thuylinh

When u cut a cake slice and put it to the plate and under the process it u let it fall not standing u will not get married.

Guest chimerical.

...that's not a myth

i thought eating fried foods causes your body to have excess oil

and the oil goes through your face

clogging your pores

causing pimples?

lol

i don't know.

i always eat fried foods but i never break out.

Guest ichigo_no_powder

lol your poor husband. I didn't know about this till my grandma looked over at my bowl and told me that I was going to have a good husband because my bowl is so clean.

When u cut a cake slice and put it to the plate and under the process it u let it fall not standing u will not get married.
well there goes my husband =.=

lol

i don't know.

i always eat fried foods but i never break out.

either it varies from people to people or your skin just hasn't broken out...yet. I'm so sure that fried foods cause pimples, my godbrother stopped eating fried foods, drinking more water and his skin cleared up by a lot.

Guest itsSAMMAY

my grandfather used to tell me if i eat chicken wings, i'd be able to fly when i'm older :rolleyes:

LMAO. :lol: my grandmother tells me that if i eat fish, my eyesight will get better and i would be the smartest in my class. :P

Guest miss sweetie

my grandfather used to tell me if i eat chicken wings, i'd be able to fly when i'm older :rolleyes:

hahah thats so cute.

I get these all the time. -_-

same here. =/ especially the rice one.

Guest Carmen.

haha i get that from my mom all the time.

also, my mom tells me that if i eat alot of carrots and fish, i will get better eyesight

food doesn't cause acne. Genetics, stress, and hormones do. My dermatologist told me. If food causes acne for you, it could be related to stress eating or allergic reactions, but food itself doesn't really have an effect. Otherwise we'd all be getting acne from the same foods.

fish makes your brain better? lol.. something like that.

my parents told me that ;P

yea cos fish contain essential fatty acids that the brain needs to function :)

Archived