Myths About Foods

Guest s u n d a e_

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest may1430262455

if you don't eat every single rice grain on your plate/bowl you're going to marry a husband/wife with that many spots on his face.

currently, i'm going to be marrying a guy with like 5 heads. lol

joy luck club? hahah

Guest jensaysBOO

nuts and chocolate causes pimples bcoz of salt and sugar

really my mom says peanuts entitle you to a good memory but since i dont like peanuts i guess that contributes to my lack of memory skills

Guest dead-nova

'Canker sores result from too much fried foods' (or if you're chinese and know what i'm saying" Yeet-Hay/Hot foods LOL) - i just read though that (western/allopathic) doctors don't know what causes them but it seems that stress, poor nutrition, something, and menstrual periods contribute to their formation or reoccurence. In a word, i think all those things could be categorized as "Stressors" to the body in general. And stress is definitely a situation in which the body is out of balance. This somewhat corresponds to the Chinese medicine's theory (ok, it's My theory, sort of, based on chinese medicine and what little i know of it) that the body is under stress when there's a strong disequilibrium between the hot and cold elements within your body. So in both types of medicine, Stress = possibility of canker sores galore.

I think i've just semi-proven this myth to be a possible-partial-fact (at least in accordance with allopathic/chinese medicine) LOL - whatever that means.

ahaha yeahH!! YEET HAY foods are sooo bad. Like any fried stuff.

I always thought they cause ulcers to appear in your mouth.

Are canker sores the same?

really my mom says peanuts entitle you to a good memory but since i dont like peanuts i guess that contributes to my lack of memory skills

Apparently if you eat walnuts you'll get a good memory. That's what my mum tells me anyway. :unsure:

Guest imaviet

my grandfather used to tell me if i eat chicken wings, i'd be able to fly when i'm older :rolleyes:

that was cute ^_^

and i've only heard the usual of "hot" food gives you zits.

Guest MizJudge.d

then there's the other scientifically proven wrong one that chocolate causes pimples, but that does apply to me.

Me too~ same with fries and ramen, make my pimples pop up like mushrooms.

Guest ookikioo

hm my parents tell me that squash and carrots are good for the eyes, eat noodles on new years eve for long life, & leftover rice is a sin -__-;;.

• 2 months later...
Guest RainFan4ever

so u're saying, if u eat a gorillas boob, you'll get bigger boobs?

or... no never mind... we'll just stick with the delicious gorilla example

lol u r so funny..ew2ww eating gorilla's boobs for bigger boobs..i'll pass... no matter what I eat now gorilla boobs or cow boobs my boobs won't become any bigger...I'm too old. :)

Guest shortxofxaxfairytale

-if you eat lottsa tofu, you'll have smooth skin.

[hm. it seemed to work for me before puberty came -_-]

-fish is good for your hair.

-however much leftover rice is in your bowl is the number of pimple scars/holes in your future husbands face..

[right now, i have a very hole filled husband xD]

-carrots are good for your eyes.

-tomatos will make you have pretty skin.

[but i hate tomats so w.e x)]

&more but i forgot

Guest estelle

eating walnuts make your smarter...for the longest time i believed this..haha its cause those stupid nuts look like the human brain.o_o

for koreans:

well its more like a superstition, but oh well..

easting miyuk gook( seaweed) soup on the day of your test/exam is pure bad luck....never eat it cause like the slipperyness of the seaweed, u too will be "slip/fail" your test...-.-;

but eating...Dduk, rice cakes is good? cause it makes u stick..???

Guest hyein101

^hrmm.. carrots make your eye sight better? my parents told me that all the time.. -_- hehe.. i like the one about the chicken wings O_o

Guest xoxo.poppinv

If you eat too much spicy noodles, you get freakin' pimples... @_@

__EDIT

Eating cherries make your boobs grow... LMFAO!

Guest tanyl78

pig brain to nourish the brain

longan to nourish the eye (longan in chinese is long yan, and it sounds like dragon's eye)

Archived