Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

1 hour ago, bbljg05 said:

I heard many ppl cancelling their tickets.., but isnt it better coz now he got to be with his real fans on his birthday,.. just saying...☺

Hi bbljg05, in case this is true, I couldn't agree with you more - :lol:

• Like 10

2 hours ago, bbljg05 said:

I heard many ppl cancelling their tickets.., but isnt it better coz now he got to be with his real fans on his birthday,.. just saying...☺

Yes, I think it's true since at the beginninf of this week there were about 300 tickets available and now they are 430. Fortunately they are all on the second floor, so the first floor and the basement will be full of his real fans :):):)

• Like 11

1 hour ago, glassnokamen said:

Yes, I think it's true since at the beginninf of this week there were about 300 tickets available and now they are 430. Fortunately they are all on the second floor, so the first floor and the basement will be full of his real fans :):):)

Hi glassnokamen, thanks for sharing this. I just hope that his upcoming concert will be a success! Oppa fighting!:lol:

• Like 7

Dear My ladies and gents(?) I advise and warn you to stay away from instagram until maybe he post something or criminal minds news pops up.You will get a migraine.No amount of reason will be enough to push through these deluded "fans":crazy:. As if attacking his account and his girlfriend is not enough.They are even attacking anyone who is voicing out an encouragement.Its just so heartbreaking.As for the fan tickets:D lol.The more space the better.hahaha(just kidding).

I said it, this situation is actually a good thing, it will edit and sort out the true fans(who are truly rooting for his well being in all aspects of his life) and people who are entirely interested in his career growth from deluded shippers and haters.True fans and genuine people who love his acting,root for him to grow as an actor, watch his drama for his performance + that of his colleagues, not those who are watching just so they can live their fantasies through him, will help him succeed and maintain longetivity in the industry.

Deluded fans,shippers and haters will only bring him backwards.Because with deluded shippers, they will keep reminding him of a project he has already completed and he won't be able to focus on the future project since they keep bringing up his previous female co-stars.Also can you imagine his mental health and his partners?Yes he is celeb and yes he is a public figure but he is human being too. The less deluded, obsessive fans we have.The better.It might mean a dip in popularity but that's ok.JG will be just fine.He has exceled in this life because of his hardwork,sincerity and talent anyway not popularity and he will continue to succeed and be respected for the talent that he has.Popularity comes and goes, but legends and legacy will be remembered for ever.

Having said all of the above,.mark my words, when he stars in a new drama and by chance it becomes trending like Scarlet Heart Ryeo was, or if hopefully this doesn't dent his career and he continues to be more and more successful.They will come crawling back saying oppa oppa with heart eyes as if they never abandoned him at his lowest moment.Fake people everywhere.I really feel for him.Cant trust friends coz some are opportunists and money hungry.can't rely on fans to trust his career choices and respect his decisions about his personal life.Cant date the woman he loves in peace.No wonder he feels lonely. My poor oppa stay strong!!

• Like 17

I had to roll my eyes when I read that article which mentioned that he prepared an official statement for the Encore FM. But yeah, it's South Korean entertainment... you'll have to explain yourself and polish your 'goody-two-shoes' image every single second. Sigh. Anyway, if it's the wisest thing for him to do, I'll support whatever the statement is, sometimes saying sorry for unintentionally 'hurting' people is just a sign of maturity even though I just feel bad if he has to apologize for being a normal guy in a relationship who wants to have some more privacy. About the fans who sold their tickets... lol... like how old are you to be 'offended' by an obviously scripted show and paparazzi's photos? anyway, it's their loss. Joon Gi is already nice enough to add another show... if they can't trust him and support him, oh well... there's no need of having those fans. I fully agree to the statement that he doesn't need any more popularity boost... he needs a good project to let his talents speak for him. I hope Criminal Minds will be one of those projects.

Anyway, tomorrow is the first script reading for CM, isn't it? I hope there'll be some snippets showing him attending it and being safe and sound! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

:D

23 minutes ago, NoonaE said:

About the fans who sold their tickets... lol... like how old are you to be 'offended' by an obviously scripted show and paparazzi's photos? anyway, it's their loss. 

Actually I was thinking of selling my tickets........................... just to buy some seats closer as they are available!!!

:glasses: :glasses:

• Like 13

43 minutes ago, NoonaE said:

I had to roll my eyes when I read that article which mentioned that he prepared an official statement for the Encore FM. But yeah, it's South Korean entertainment... you'll have to explain yourself and polish your 'goody-two-shoes' image every single second. Sigh. Anyway, if it's the wisest thing for him to do, I'll support whatever the statement is, sometimes saying sorry for unintentionally 'hurting' people is just a sign of maturity even though I just feel bad if he has to apologize for being a normal guy in a relationship who wants to have some more privacy. About the fans who sold their tickets... lol... like how old are you to be 'offended' by an obviously scripted show and paparazzi's photos? anyway, it's their loss. Joon Gi is already nice enough to add another show... if they can't trust him and support him, oh well... there's no need of having those fans. I fully agree to the statement that he doesn't need any more popularity boost... he needs a good project to let his talents speak for him. I hope Criminal Minds will be one of those projects.

Anyway, tomorrow is the first script reading for CM, isn't it? I hope there'll be some snippets showing him attending it and being safe and sound! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Well, he gained a lot of new and young fans, I bet they are the ones selling their tickets. I don't think his longtime fans would do that. If only I didn't live 15hours from Korea I'd go ! His fanmeetings are so much fun they don't know what they're missing ~ Anyway, hoping the loyal fans going there will show full support :) 

And yes it is ! :) There should be official photos/videos of the script reading session being released, but sometimes they release them several weeks after. 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, NoonaE said:

Hi NoonaE, well-said. I couldn't agree with you more. :lol:

• Like 8

Hi everyone. I have been a silent lurker for a while. After all that's happened with Joon Gi  I finally decided to create an account, to express my feelings about this. I use instagram often to see updates and sometimes read the comments. The amount of hate is ridiculous. I am not the type of person who bashes people let alone bash people I don't personally know. People are going nuts because their fantasies have been broken or making assumptions about LJG's character. 

The following I placed under spoiler due to some negativity from a comment I read for those who don't want to know.

Spoiler

I read a comment on binahearts instagram account in the latest MEC Sub video from someone who use to follow JoonGi and several of his fan accounts for 3 months. They felt the photo release was staged and said that it might have been Joon Gi himself who released it. That sometimes celebrities need a scandal to help boost their popularity. But backfired on LJG because of MEC. One photo gave the impression that he was smiling at the camera as if he knew he was being filmed. (It was at night it's likely he couldn't see it). After watching his interviews and his contrasting behavior at his fms they assumed he uses the 'I'm lonely' speech and his struggles to help get more love from his fans. Assuming that everything he does is just a game to him.

Everyone has opinions, but they aren't alway based on facts. It's not right to judge someone's character and integrity based on assumptions. He's a good actor and entertainer; of course no one except those who are close know the real LJG. How do they know whether his interviews and personality aren't genuine. Unless they can back it up with solid proof, they need to keep their negative opinions to themselves

Hope Joon Gi will have another successful year.

Edited by jade715
  • Like 18

1 hour ago, glassnokamen said:

Actually I was thinking of selling my tickets........................... just to buy some seats closer as they are available!!!

ahahahaha I LOVE YOU @glassnokamen!

If only flying to Seoul requires no visa hassle for me, I would definitely buy one of those resold tickets lol... too bad my work schedule doesn't allow a last-minute trip either. I've been already a 'brainless cockroach' these three days lol cannot excuse myself to fly all the way to Seoul even though I desperately want to go *sigh*.

Looking forward to more CM news in the next couple of days... it'll definitely cheer us up hehe...

As @pixelstickssaid - I need to step away from parts of the internet.  The power to be judgemental is everywhere. <_<  It's making me feel so sad - so much venom :( I'm burying myself in a drama. I hope Joon Gi and Hye Bin are coping okay and I'm sure (or hope) they are receiving lots of support from friends, family and their fellow actors/actresses.  He's going to be pretty busy from now on with the script reading tomorrow and also preparing for his fan meet and then into CM so hopefully this will keep his mind occupied and focused.  I hope he can look forward to the FM where he will be in the company of people who love him and care about him as a person and actor and that they can celebrate just that :D:wub:  힘내 Him Nae - Joon Gi - 힘내 Him Nae

• Like 10

@jade715, welcome !

Spoiler

Yeah I read some ridiculous comments and assumptions here and there as well. Like on koalaplayground, it's not good to go there !
And it's ridiculous to assume he is the one who wanted to released those dispatch photos, especially right now. He is at his second peak of  popularity, it's not like he was under radar and needed a boost whatsover. The timing is so wrong he is smart enough to know it wouldn't be a good move at all. We think here that indeed the release was no coincidence, but not on his part, but from someone who wanted to harm his image, now that he is starting to becoming again one of the most popular actor, among all the younger stars nowadays. 

• Like 14

Hi @jade715, welcome to the thread. Thanks for sharing your observation.

Spoiler

Yeah... at this rate, people can assume just anything and we just have to stick to what we believe. I won't say I know Joon Gi that well even after following him for a few years already because of course all of us -especially stars like them- will only show what we would like others to see from us. I also noticed that in some of those Dispatch pics he seemed to look at the camera but then again, it might have been a coincidence, sometimes we just gaze or look at a random point without fully realizing what it is, don't we? As for 'creating a scandal to buzz popularity', I don't think this works out quite well in the case of Korean celebrities. Most of them will be 'bashed' and lose fans if found dating. Looking at how long it took for Namoo Actors to release an official statement, I guess they were also uninformed about it. Anyway... all we have are just assumptions. The truth only Joon Gi knows about it. About the 'loneliness' issue that he has mentioned over and over and over again, some other stars also do the same. One that I know is Jang Keun Suk- in the 1st Season of MEC he also mentioned that despite the glamorous life as a star, he felt lonely and in a number of interviews as well as his messages to his fans, he mentioned the same thing. To what extent their 'lonely' statements are true, again, only them know it. We can only believe if we want to and those people whose comment(s) you quoted will also believe what they want to.

Anyway, the Joon Gi we all here might be agree upon is the Joon Gi who has worked the hard way to reach the position he is now. It's also the Joon Gi who has been so friendly and loving to his fans. It's the Joon Gi who respects and is respected by his Seniors and Juniors. That's the Joon Gi that he prefers to show us and perhaps it's also the Joon Gi we have learned to love and trust. Others might have a different perspective and let them be... even though I know how hard it feels to read all those degrading, hurtful comments from people who think as if they knew his inner side.

2 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

:glasses: :glasses:

You can try checking every hour, saw a standing VIP ticket available earlier...  gone now... 

2 hours ago, NoonaE said:

I totally agree with you, I pity that actress that some ppl actually think so lowly of her, she is a smart girl and I don't think she will fall in love or being lead on that easily. she is not 12 years old... faint...

I roll my eyes together with you.  Crazy it is getting out of hand...  

Keeping my fingers crossed for CM too..  

1 hour ago, leesopark16 said:

Well, he gained a lot of new and young fans, I bet they are the ones selling their tickets. I don't think his longtime fans would do that. If only I didn't live 15hours from Korea I'd go ! His fanmeetings are so much fun they don't know what they're missing ~ Anyway, hoping the loyal fans going there will show full support :) 

And yes it is ! :) There should be official photos/videos of the script reading session being released, but sometimes they release them several weeks after. 

I believe that this FM is going to be an emotional one... I gonna bring lots of tissue, I will most likely gonna cry rivers :bawling:... for those who are going please remember to bring some tissue and a bag to clean up after you. Thank you. 

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, NoonaE said:

Hi @jade715, welcome to the thread. Thanks for sharing your observation. Yeah... at this rate, people can assume just anything and we just have to stick to what we believe. I won't say I know Joon Gi that well even after following him for a few years already because of course all of us -especially stars like them- will only show what we would like others to see from us. I also noticed that in some of those Dispatch pics he seemed to look at the camera but then again, it might have been a coincidence, sometimes we just gaze or look at a random point without fully realizing what it is, don't we? As for 'creating a scandal to buzz popularity', I don't think this works out quite well in the case of Korean celebrities. Most of them will be 'bashed' and lose fans if found dating. Looking at how long it took for Namoo Actors to release an official statement, I guess they were also uninformed about it. Anyway... all we have are just assumptions. The truth only Joon Gi knows about it. About the 'loneliness' issue that he has mentioned over and over and over again, some other stars also do the same. One that I know is Jang Keun Suk- in the 1st Season of MEC he also mentioned that despite the glamorous life as a star, he felt lonely and in a number of interviews as well as his messages to his fans, he mentioned the same thing. To what extent their 'lonely' statements are true, again, only them know it. We can only believe if we want to and those people whose comment(s) you quoted will also believe what they want to.

Anyway, the Joon Gi we all here might be agree upon is the Joon Gi who has worked the hard way to reach the position he is now. It's also the Joon Gi who has been so friendly and loving to his fans. It's the Joon Gi who respects and is respected by his Seniors and Juniors. That's the Joon Gi that he prefers to show us and perhaps it's also the Joon Gi we have learned to love and trust. Others might have a different perspective and let them be... even though I know how hard it feels to read all those degrading, hurtful comments from people who think as if they knew his inner side.

Hi NoonaE, while in some other countries with different culture from Korea, celebrities dating rumors are taken lightly, dating rumors are seen as serious business within the Korean entertainment industry.  In some cases, it leads to harsh criticism and a possible drop in popularity with fans losing interest if the celebrity is really ‘off the market’. There are some, though suffering some backlash, they have been pushed through and are generally accepted in due time. Besides, there is no written contract between fans and the actor not to date. I mean, they can date whenever & whoever they want, right? They are also people (human beings). I hope the industry will grow & things will change..... Probably because the majority of the K-p-op consumers consist of young girls and women. But, their dating should not affect us as fans. I didn't blame that LJK has kept his relationship a secret because if the public suspects you are a couple, they will scrutinize and possibly criticize ... Celebrities personal lives shouldn't matter to us. ... :lol:

• Like 7

@pixelsticks I don't know what it was you were specifically referring to but I was appalled at some of the comments on YT. YT comments are notoriously bad I know but it has been a disturbing read with regards to LJG and JHB. It's been a feeding frenzy.

After recent events one can really understand why LJG is normally so tight-lipped about girlfriends and protective of his privacy. I think the confected outrage has made the case that actors should maintain a healthy distance from their fans lest they (fans) mistake appreciation for entitlement as is the case here.

The problem isn't with LJG or the timing of the announcement of his relationship with Jeon Hye Bin or his "overfriendliness" with his co-stars. They are all adults who make a good living pretending. Sometimes that's forgotten. 

A line has been crossed and it isn't LJG. It's bad enough that reality tv has done some damage blurring the lines between fiction and reality but for fans to get sucked into that vortex willingly and then rage about how actors should conduct their private lives boggles my mind.

I don't think LJG needs to apologize or should he. The SK entertainment industry and its relationship with viewers is riddled with inconsistencies and hypocrisies. Actors are the soft targets here.

• Like 18