Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

http://www.inquisitr.com/4110246/lee-joon-gi-reveals-he-wants-to-do-romcom-k-dramas-but-never-gets-offers/

Lee Joon Gi Reveals He wants To do Rom-Com K-dramas But Never Gets Offers

One of the more popular period K-dramas that aired back in 2016 that was unique from the others was Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo. What made it unique was the fact that it did not do well domestically in South Korea but was a breakout hit internationally. It is one of the most watched K-dramas in China and was even the most watched K-drama during its airing on DramaFever. To be blunt, Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo is the one K-drama that really expressed the divide between international and domestic K-drama fans as well as showed Korean networks they can thrive outside of Korean viewership if business is done correctly.

Pertaining to K-drama fans, however, it reignited a love affair with the male lead Lee Joon Gi. They could not get enough of him wanting to know more and more of the Hallyu heartthrob. As they got to know Joon Gi more, they wondered why he hasn’t been in any romantic comedies or romcoms. We now know why as Lee Joon Gi himself has admitted he wants to act in a romcom but is never given any offers.

Lee Joon Gi made his thoughts known on the April 1 KST episode of My Ear’s Candy on the Total Variety Network (tvN). According to Korean news outlet Naver, Joon Gi roamed the Seoul streets during a rainy day while having a conversation with Park Min Young. The crew took pictures of Joon Gi in romantic settings marveling just how perfect he looked if he were to act in the specific genre especially the comedic kind. Eventually, they asked him why he hasn’t acted in a romantic comedy. Lee Joon Gi immediately responded with the following.

“It’s not that I haven’t been in any, it’s that I don’t get any offers for romantic comedies.

“I get a lot of hero fantasy projects. Because I’ve done a lot of action scenes, I think my image as an actor has become set as an action star in the eyes of many. It’s frustrating, especially as I get older.”

In some ways, Lee Joon Gi has been pigeon-holed in suspenseful melodramas especially those that are period pieces. It probably started with his breakout role as Gong Gil in The King and the Clown. The K-movie was very entertaining and ranked as one of the most popular K-movies in South Korea’s history. Since then, he’s been in numerous serious period pieces including Iljimae, Arang and the Magistrate, Gunman in Joseon, Scholar Who Walks The Night, and of course Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo.

Though he is always in such K-dramas, he is technically no stranger to romantic comedies. He was the second lead in My Girl, one of the most popular romcom K-dramas to air back in 2005. He appeared in the very popular She Was Pretty back in 2015 too.

Right now, Lee Joon Gi is working on the upcoming K-drama adaption of Criminal Minds. He also played Commander Lee in the final movie in the Resident Evil series titled Resident Evil: The Final Chapter and Jun Hao in the Chinese production Never Said Goodbye.
(pls read actual article for the report above mentioned. Tks)

(methink: he has this witty looks, why don't some PD put him in a role that demands NO Action, but Brains-works, lots of analyzing Crimes scenes, you know , a korean CSI kinda of Lee Joon Gi as the Head of a CSI team, with zero fighting. tis kinda of tired to see KD world stereotype Joon Gi and Chang wook into 'must-do-action', when both actors has this "Cunning/witty-breaking out of box" vibes. )

another article with same story: http://www.koreaboo.com/buzz/lee-joon-gi-reveals-never-received-offers-star-romantic-comedy/

• Like 8

@antoniaclamens Ep. 6 part 2 haven't been released yet (I'm also waiting for the second part). The fanclub FB page got a copyright warning from TvN and ep.6 part 1 was deleted before they even got a chance to post the 2nd part. I think they will post it up at the link I posted above, so keep an eye on it :)

• Like 6

Hi all,

Have not post anything on this thread lately and still trying to backread. The thread is moving pretty fast.

I am still eagerly waiting for Joon Gi's next acting project. It's been too long and still no confirmation from him yet. I thought there would be announcement in his last FM in Seoul but nothing yet. But I ran through his page on Wikipedia and "Criminal Minds" is being listed as his latest project. I don't know how that happened and I am not fond of remake but the idea of him working with Moon Chae Won really excite me and whatever it is, I hope his next acting project will be a quality one with great ratings.

Anyway, I just want to profess how much I love him in My Ear's Candy and watching his interaction with Park Min Young, I wonder why until now these two never being paired as OTP in any drama. The last long shot when the two of them met at the square was really beautiful and I could not help but marveled at what a beautiful pair this two would turn out to be. Alas, she has signed up for a new drama (7 Days' Queen), so I am keeping my hope to see them reunited as OTP in future drama.

Regarding his next project, I would very much love to see him acting in a drama penned by either Song Jae Jung (W, Nine and Queen In Hyun's Man) and also Song Ji Na (Healer, Story of A Man). But since he dreamed on doing rom-com, I really could not find a consistent writer that I am especially fond of other than Yang Hee Seung (Oh My Ghostess, Weighlifting Fairy) or Seo Jook Hyang (Jealousy Incarnate, Miss Korea) but the great projects of these two writers always fell below radar.

I am not a fan of star writers like Kim Eun Sook (DOTS, Goblin) and Park Ji Eun (You From Another Star, Legend of The Blue Sea) because I always find their writings rather shallow and cheesy but they are hit-makers and knowing that Joon Gi is a great talent that badly needs a rating hit drama which he greatly deserves, I really don't mind him to work with those writers and despite how much I have a severe allergy on anything written by KES, I would definitely watch her project should LJG is the leading man. So, KES is taking a break this year and to come back with a sageuk by early 2018..... so I am crossing my fingers that she will cast LJG since he is the sageuk king and whatever the outcome, she pretty much could attract high ratings.

Cheers to all and apologized for the long post.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, lyserose said:

I am not a fan of star writers like Kim Eun Sook (DOTS, Goblin) and Park Ji Eun (You From Another Star, Legend of The Blue Sea) because I always find their writings rather shallow and cheesy but they are hit-makers and knowing that Joon Gi is a great talent that badly needs a rating hit drama which he greatly deserves, I really don't mind him to work with those writers and despite how much I have a severe allergy on anything written by KES, I would definitely watch her project should LJG is the leading man. So, KES is taking a break this year and to come back with a sageuk by early 2018..... so I am crossing my fingers that she will cast LJG since he is the sageuk king and whatever the outcome, she pretty much could attract high ratings.

Cheers to all and apologized for the long post.

I am sure Lee Joon Gi would be very appreciative of any good rating dramas that come his way but I am curious; WHy did you think he needs good rating badly?

KES? Do you really think she is bigger than any actors. I don't really understand the hype about that writer. 'Its Quality over rating' Esp. for already established and popular actors. 

Let KES casts newbies. Anyway she is a rating guru. She does NOT need big actors to be in her drama.

Also, I don't think he said he wants to be in a rom-com on his next project. He was asked why he is not in a rom-com. He responded that it is not that he does not want to be in it, he just didn't receive an offer. 

Edited by Uniform Victory
  • Like 6

52 minutes ago, Uniform Victory said:

I am sure Lee Joon Gi would be very appreciative of any good rating dramas that come his way but I am curious; WHy did you think he needs good rating badly?

KES? Do you really think she is bigger than any actors. I don't really understand the hype about that writer. 'Its Quality over rating' Esp. for already established and popular actors. 

Also, I don't think he said he wants to be in a rom-com on his next project. He was asked why he is not in a rom-com. He responded that it is not that he does not want to be in it, he just didn't receive an offer. 

He needs a ratings hit as he is relingated to a B class actor here in Korea. Which means top scripts, top writers, top co-stars are not an option given to him. Scarlet Heart despite being the ratings boo boo got him more attention than his past productions. Also he is seen as an older hallyu star much like kwon sang woo, song seung heon and the sad reality is this bracket of stars are not seen as hot trending stars here in Korea now and domestic investors, broadcasters prefer to have younger trending actors in their premium productions. I really hope he takes on TVN remake of criminal minds. With Moon Chae Won as a costar, like Gong Yoo i feel he will have a resurgence of his career. He really deserves better productions with that talent amd charisma. Fingers crossed 2017 could be even a bigger year for him.

P.s- TVN gave him his best Alist costar recently- aka PMY. He should do TVN more. They are congregating the best of Korea's talent in their productions now. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Jenny2702 said:

Hi friends,excuse someone know where can I find Candy episodes with English Subtitles?  Please help me the previews looks too cute.

thank u in advance

Lee Joon Gi international FB page do some translation but sadly they got a warning from TVN so they deleted all the video but you can find some link to random sub video there

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kimchigal2 said:

He needs a ratings hit as he is relingated to a B class actor here in Korea. Which means top scripts, top writers, top co-stars are not an option given to him. Scarlet Heart despite being the ratings boo boo got him more attention than his past productions. Also he is seen as an older hallyu star much like kwon sang woo, song seung heon and the sad reality is this bracket of stars are not seen as hot trending stars here in Korea now and domestic investors, broadcasters prefer to have younger trending actors in their premium productions. I really hope he takes on TVN remake of criminal minds. With Moon Chae Won as a costar, like Gong Yoo i feel he will have a resurgence of his career. He really deserves better productions with that talent amd charisma. Fingers crossed 2017 could be even a bigger year for him.

P.s- TVN gave him his best Alist costar recently- aka PMY. He should do TVN more. They are congregating the best of Korea's talent in their productions now. 

Wow Such demeaning words!

Imagine Choi Ji Woo and Jo Jin Moo with their Woman in Suitcase which rated about the same as Moon Lovers and didn't appeal to the International market which means Producers have alot lesser options to earn more Revenue. What are they C-class actors?

Imagine Hyun Bin and Han Ji Min with their Jekyll & Hyde which got a rating of 3.2%. I don't think it was even appealing to the internationally. What are they now D-class Actors.

How about Jang Hyuk though his recent drama Voice did decently in the rating but his drama Beautiful Mind got him a really low rating as 2.0% and with less impressive box office in the Chungmuro?  What is he D-Actor?

How about So Ji Sub and Shin Min ah with their drama Oh My Venus which roughly rated as Moon Lovers & Shin Min Ah's Tomorrow With You which even went less than 1%... Are they both C Actors as their dramas didn't even appeal much internationally.

I could go on with the list for those 'Rating obsessed" who thinks or deluded that rating means revenue or profit.

P.S. I am glad that Lee Joon Gi is getting offers of high budget dramas which is really a luxury for many drama actors. I am proud that he is the first options of those kind of dramas. He does not have to battle the challenges of liveshoot productions and he can always have a promise or even assured of better quality dramas.

How about Kang Dong Won who's not receiving that many drama offers? Is he B, C?

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/18/kang-dong-won-interest-dramas-outside-korea/

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Uniform Victory said:

Let KES casts newbies. Anyway she is a rating guru. She does NOT need big actors to be in her drama.

What I said in my earlier post may not sit well with some but appreciation of talent in Korea is always related to rating. I don't know about you but I feel angered when he lose Daesang and Top Excellence awards for his brilliant performance in MLSHR. And as expected, that was the result due to poor domestic rating performance of MLSHR. That is why, I want him to have a rating hit drama, which I think to greatly equate to his phenomenal performance all the time as well as his tremendous effort. Even Joon Gi himself in one of his interviews, expressed his disheartened over the lack of support that MLSHR received and even shifted the blame on himself. I read the article and felt bad for him.

Truth to be told, I am also not fond of Kim Eun Sook. I could not watch her drama but like it or not, she is a consistent hitmaker even when she churned out poor product like The Heirs. Goblin is not Goblin without Kim Eun Sook, not because of Gong Yoo (He did "Big" after MS and the drama failed big time until he finally took a leap of faith and did KES' drama and became popular again). At this juncture, KES is the only writer who could guarantee rating hit drama. I don't enjoy her works but if she is to cast Joon Gi to headline her drama, I could not be any happier - knowing that he will earn more recognition. Of course, preference-wise, I want him to work with really credible writers like Song Jae Jung, Song Ji Na and Kim Eun Hee.

Ok, I may have interpreted his words wrongly. But he did said that he feels frustrated that he did not get offer for rom-com and being offered role of action hero all the time. So, I guess I made the assumption that he wanted to do rom-com to broaden his horizon.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, lyserose said:

What I said in my earlier post may not sit well with some but appreciation of talent in Korea is always related to rating. I don't know about you but I feel angered when he lose Daesang and Top Excellence awards for his brilliant performance in MLSHR. And as expected, that was the result due to poor domestic rating performance of MLSHR. That is why, I want him to have a rating hit drama, which I think to greatly equate to his phenomenal performance all the time as well as his tremendous effort. Even Joon Gi himself in one of his interviews, expressed his disheartened over the lack of support that MLSHR received and even shifted the blame on himself. I read the article and felt bad for him.

Truth to be told, I am also not fond of Kim Eun Sook. I could not watch her drama but like it or not, she is a consistent hitmaker even when she churned out poor product like The Heirs. Goblin is not Goblin without Kim Eun Sook, not because of Gong Yoo (He did "Big" after MS and the drama failed big time until he finally took a leap of faith and did KES' drama and became popular again). At this juncture, KES is the only writer who could guarantee rating hit drama. I don't enjoy her works but if she is to cast Joon Gi to headline her drama, I could not be any happier - knowing that he will earn more recognition. Of course, preference-wise, I want him to work with really credible writers like Song Jae Jung, Song Ji Na and Kim Eun Hee.

Ok, I may have interpreted his words wrongly. But he did said that he feels frustrated that he did not get offer for rom-com and being offered role of action hero all the time. So, I guess I made the assumption that he wanted to do rom-com to broaden his horizon.

If you really felt bad that he did not win the Top Excellence Award (which was shared by 5 Top Excellent Actors), why don't we vote in the link below. At least we can somehow avenge him for the Prejudice he experienced from SBS.

https://www.dramafever.com/dfa5/#best-actor

Edited by Uniform Victory
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, kimchigal2 said:

Entertainment industry is fast moving - unlike other industries, it is all and always about the young and pretty faces and the span of one's career and glory is rather short.

I don't think that offers being extended to Joon Gi are the same kind of offers being extended to actors of different generation than his. I don't agree that he is being classified as B-class actor. MLSHR is the most expensive production for a Korean drama and I don't believe that any investor would want a B-class actor to headline the drama. MLSHR just happened to underperform in Korea due to the messed up done by the production team. It was his star-power (and of course charisma) that led to him being casted in the first place.

Drama's performance is always about luck and timing. My top priority is for him to get to headline really acclaimed drama but at the same time, being a fan, I could not helped but feel greedy and hoping for a rating hit to back up his brilliance because K-entertainment is too shallow to merit an actor based on ratings. 

P/S: After Goblin, TvN has not been performing well lately. Quality wise, I think jTbC is fast catching-up and so as OCN.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Uniform Victory said:

If you really felt bad that he did not win the Top Excellence Award (which was shared by 5 Top Excellent Actors), why don't we vote in the link below. At least we can somehow avenge him for the Prejudice he experienced from SBS.

https://www.dramafever.com/dfa5/#best-actor

I am telling you that I have voted for him in countless polls. I really hope he will get a Baeksang nomination, though I am keeping my expectation low.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, maryofbethany said:

http://www.inquisitr.com/4110246/lee-joon-gi-reveals-he-wants-to-do-romcom-k-dramas-but-never-gets-offers/

Lee Joon Gi Reveals He wants To do Rom-Com K-dramas But Never Gets Offers

One of the more popular period K-dramas that aired back in 2016 that was unique from the others was Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo. What made it unique was the fact that it did not do well domestically in South Korea but was a breakout hit internationally. It is one of the most watched K-dramas in China and was even the most watched K-drama during its airing on DramaFever. To be blunt, Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo is the one K-drama that really expressed the divide between international and domestic K-drama fans as well as showed Korean networks they can thrive outside of Korean viewership if business is done correctly.

Pertaining to K-drama fans, however, it reignited a love affair with the male lead Lee Joon Gi. They could not get enough of him wanting to know more and more of the Hallyu heartthrob. As they got to know Joon Gi more, they wondered why he hasn’t been in any romantic comedies or romcoms. We now know why as Lee Joon Gi himself has admitted he wants to act in a romcom but is never given any offers.

Lee Joon Gi made his thoughts known on the April 1 KST episode of My Ear’s Candy on the Total Variety Network (tvN). According to Korean news outlet Naver, Joon Gi roamed the Seoul streets during a rainy day while having a conversation with Park Min Young. The crew took pictures of Joon Gi in romantic settings marveling just how perfect he looked if he were to act in the specific genre especially the comedic kind. Eventually, they asked him why he hasn’t acted in a romantic comedy. Lee Joon Gi immediately responded with the following.

“It’s not that I haven’t been in any, it’s that I don’t get any offers for romantic comedies.

“I get a lot of hero fantasy projects. Because I’ve done a lot of action scenes, I think my image as an actor has become set as an action star in the eyes of many. It’s frustrating, especially as I get older.”

In some ways, Lee Joon Gi has been pigeon-holed in suspenseful melodramas especially those that are period pieces. It probably started with his breakout role as Gong Gil in The King and the Clown. The K-movie was very entertaining and ranked as one of the most popular K-movies in South Korea’s history. Since then, he’s been in numerous serious period pieces including Iljimae, Arang and the Magistrate, Gunman in Joseon, Scholar Who Walks The Night, and of course Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo.

Though he is always in such K-dramas, he is technically no stranger to romantic comedies. He was the second lead in My Girl, one of the most popular romcom K-dramas to air back in 2005. He appeared in the very popular She Was Pretty back in 2015 too.

Right now, Lee Joon Gi is working on the upcoming K-drama adaption of Criminal Minds. He also played Commander Lee in the final movie in the Resident Evil series titled Resident Evil: The Final Chapter and Jun Hao in the Chinese production Never Said Goodbye.
(pls read actual article for the report above mentioned. Tks)

(methink: he has this witty looks, why don't some PD put him in a role that demands NO Action, but Brains-works, lots of analyzing Crimes scenes, you know , a korean CSI kinda of Lee Joon Gi as the Head of a CSI team, with zero fighting. tis kinda of tired to see KD world stereotype Joon Gi and Chang wook into 'must-do-action', when both actors has this "Cunning/witty-breaking out of box" vibes. )

another article with same story: http://www.koreaboo.com/buzz/lee-joon-gi-reveals-never-received-offers-star-romantic-comedy/

Hi maryofbethany, thanks for sharing this.   Awww.......I surely love to see LJK in a rom-com genre. I wonder why he was never offered to do such..... Most of what he got was hero fantasy projects & most of them were historical. I guess because he was good in action scenes but I hope he won't be typecast on this kind of role. I hope he won't be set as an action star in the eyes of many.  I've been waiting for him to be in a rom-com for the longest time.  I wish he'll be offered one soon. "MG" was a rom-com but he was a support lead in that drama & that was a long time ago. He deserves an A-list actress for a leading lady. I can settle for PMY, though. I think he and Park Min Young would do great in a rom-com together. They both look so damn adorable together.   They have a lovable chemistry in "Candy in my ear 2". So, all along LJK knew that he's talking to PMY... & just pretended that he didn’t know her identity.  He hid it so well! Well, she gave him clues, though. This is an interesting type of show! IDK why normally this show has 2 or 3 episodes but for this couple they have 5 episodes. LJK is so sweet here. This show is touching and romantic.  Aww... so many touching moments! I loved their conversations. I'm glad they finally met. And he looks at her so warmly! Good job tvn!  :lol:

I'm sure LJK will do great in a romantic comedy drama. I'm really looking forward to that. I'd be happy if he gets a rom-com offer! I'm sure he will deliver excellently as always. :tongue:

• Like 11

39 minutes ago, lyserose said:

Entertainment industry is fast moving - unlike other industries, it is all and always about the young and pretty faces and the span of one's career and glory is rather short.

I don't think that offers being extended to Joon Gi are the same kind of offers being extended to actors of different generation than his. I don't agree that he is being classified as B-class actor. MLSHR is the most expensive production for a Korean drama and I don't believe that any investor would want a B-class actor to headline the drama. MLSHR just happened to underperform in Korea due to the messed up done by the production team. It was his star-power (and of course charisma) that led to him being casted in the first place.

Drama's performance is always about luck and timing. My top priority is for him to get to headline really acclaimed drama but at the same time, being a fan, I could not helped but feel greedy and hoping for a rating hit to back up his brilliance because K-entertainment is too shallow to merit an actor based on ratings. 

P/S: After Goblin, TvN has not been performing well lately. Quality wise, I think jTbC is fast catching-up and so as OCN.

I do understand where you are coming from but sometimes our worries can be his biggest criticism and antis would take it as chance to swarm in and maniacally spit criticisms at him. Even you know that its not true but you can't help yourself but feel bad about it.

Even about that article how he said he was disappointed about the low rating. REally he was asked how he feels about it? Do we think he would arrogantly say 'I am not affected by it at all'. Yes he said he felt responsible for the lackluster rating in Korea. Why? Do we think he would respond as a sour loser and blame it to the production team or to his co-stars who's (according to netizens) in the middle of dating scandal, or idol stars who don't deserve to be the drama, or bad acting of idol stars. Do we really expect him to say those mean things?

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, kimchigal2 said:

Hemmm, why do you think that he is B class actor? He was choosen by Paul W.S. Anderson without casting process and JG initially rejected the offer, Paul W.S. Anderson still insist untill JG received the offer. Can you name any other actor that received such kind of offer?

These days domestic ratings is not the only parameter used because many people watching it online. JG will not get appointed as Lotte duty free shop new model if he is a B Class actors. Even a rep from Lotte stated, "His fame and popularity are high in not only Asia but also other areas, and if you meet him in person, he gives off a bright and healthy image as an actor.  As he has great influence as a Hallyu star, we expect there to be good results and synergy this time around." 

• Like 13

Extract from Kang Ha Neul's interview:

"When asked to choose the most prince like person in real life from the drama, the actor instantly named the lead Lee Joon Ki: "He was already a big star before Scarlet Heart, and I used to watch his shows and admire him. Thanks to Joon Ki's fans, the rest of the cast got to enjoy a lot of sumptuous meals and other gifts..."

Source http://www.ibtimes.sg/why-actor-kang-ha-neul-has-given-lee-joon-ki-princely-title-2964

i think there should be some misunderstanding of his popularity in Korea. 

Should be a repost, this is not the first time PMY work with LJK,  It is actually extra poetic when the person you have worked with met again after so many years. :)  In the past, he even jokingly said they have generation gap.  

credit to author

All the best to Jun Ki in choosing his new project!  & looking forward to his new IG update.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, missmaudy said:

I do understand where you are coming from but sometimes our worries can be his biggest criticism and antis would take it as chance to swarm in and maniacally spit criticisms at him. Even you know that its not true but you can't help yourself but feel bad about it.

Even about that article how he said he was disappointed about the low rating. REally he was asked how he feels about it? Do we think he would arrogantly say 'I am not affected by it at all'. Yes he said he felt responsible for the lackluster rating in Korea. Why? Do we think he would respond as a sour loser and blame it to the production team or to his co-stars who's (according to netizens) in the middle of dating scandal, or idol stars who don't deserve to be the drama, or bad acting of idol stars. Do we really expect him to say those mean things?

Fair enough. Goshh.... I feel so bad about my earliest post since it has been taken way out of context. It was meant only to express my good will wishes on Joon Gi since I have not visited this thread for quite sometimes and now it has been interpreted as a medium for antis to bash him and for the fans to question my concern and his reaction and whatever they feel is best for him etc. I am done for now. Thanks anyway.

• Like 11

Well it did attract one. I am sure it would have been more of it wasn't stop.

You don't have to feel bad because of what I said. Misunderstanding is possible we just have to explain. 

But I apologise that you were hurt with what I said. It wasn't my intention but I just want to get my message across. (Btw, m I quoted  your earliest post as it contains your explanation as to why you were concern about ratings . I also didn't take it positively when you said LJG is badly in need of good rating drama. So I am also responding on that.)

• Like 4

nzWqkSt.gif

tumblr_onsxyc1Zrj1tdfsf6o5_500.giftumblr_onsxyc1Zrj1tdfsf6o3_500.gif

================

Park Min Young Is Moved To Tears By Lee Joon Gi On “My Ear’s Candy”

Actress Park Min Young teared up when actor Lee Joon Gi revealed that he knew her identity all along.

The April 1 episode of tvN’s “My Ear’s Candy” captured some of their last moments on the show. The two shared their thoughts regarding the time they had spent together on the phone. Park Min Young expressed her grateful heart, and Lee Joon Gi responded, “I feel the same way. I’m glad I was able to talk to a friend like you. You have a bright voice that cheers people up.”

Lee Joon Gi was originally supposed to meet up with Park Min Young for this episode, but he told her that he wasn’t able to make it. He also pretended that he didn’t know her identity. “I want to talk face-to-face with you, so let’s meet up soon. Don’t be sad that I wasn’t able to identify you,” he said. Park Min Young thanked him for giving her happiness, to which Lee Joon Gi suddenly responded, “Be happy, Min Young.”

Shocked at the fact that he mentioned her name, she jokingly lied that she wasn’t Park Min Young. Unable to hold in her laughter, however, she retorted, “You said you didn’t know!”

“You really thought I wouldn’t know? I missed you so much,” he confessed. Park Min Young began to shed tears, touched by the fact that he knew who she was all along. They then reminisced about their first meeting 10 years ago.

Later in the episode, Lee Joon Gi surprised her by suddenly showing up.

soompi

========

Someone give this man a contract now!!!

Lee Joon Gi reveals he has never received offers to star in a romantic comedy

Published: 14 hours ago

Lee Joon Gi has expressed his frustrations at now receiving any offers to star in romantic comedies.

Sweetheart in Your Ear Season 2 is a tvN program where celebrities are paired up to get to know each other over the phone.

In the most recent episode, Lee Joon Gi was asked by the director why he has never starred in a romantic comedy, even though he seems to be cut out for one. In response, he explained that he had never received an offer to star in a romantic comedy before, and expressed that he has always wanted to star in one.

He added that he was now getting too old for action or hero films, but they were the only offers he was receiving.

“I get a lot of offers from hero genres. I think it’s because my image was set as an actor in action related genres.. It’s frustrating because I’m also getting older.

— Lee Joon Gi

We hope to see Lee Joon Gi in a rom-com soon!, (Yup hoping it will be soon)

Source: OSEN

• Like 13
  • Awesome 1