Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

13 minutes ago, jgismyking said:

I think Jo Jung Seok is the dark horse for Daesang. But please I hope LJG doesn't lose to Lee Min Ho. I'm okay with LMH as an actor (not in the same league as JG) but if JG loses to MH then I would be so mad!

I don't think LMH will be nominated for Daesang for LOTBS, Jeon Ji Hyun has more chance to be. As for Top Excellence, with the multiple drama categories, maybe they won't be nominated in the same. I never understood what is the difference between special drama, mid lenght drama, mini series or whatever categories tv stations creates. 

Wang So was sooo powerful as a character that indeed his next acting choice is important. I have no doubt he won't disappoint but, will he top that ? He certainly can, he surprised me more than once. Let's wait and see :) We waited more than 7 months for Wang So (counting from the moment he confirmed it till the broadcast) and it was worth it, has to be patient again :) 

• Like 17

I claim Lee Joon Gi wins the Daesang. Seriously SBS do not have any reasons not to give him the award. :):):) 

Tell me any character and performance that could top or even just compete with Lee Joon Gi's Wang So.  I would love to watch that drama. So far, all dramas that I have watched in 2016 can't compete with LJG Wang So. :):):) 

@leesopark16 I am dying to hear for the announcement regarding his next project. 

• Like 13

On 26/12/2016 at 6:36 AM, yumezu said:

He's such a sweetheart, then and now~ Thank you for sharing! Hardly find one with English subs. I wish we have the full video subbed, I really want to know what were asked in the Q&A session and his answers. Fun and amusing it's his first FM isn't it? He even cosplayed as Kuchiki (from Bleach anime) and performed action scene, stuns and whatnot, it's like watching a theater. And he danced tango too! suave Joongi~ He is truly an entertainer, could really passed as idol too :w00t:

Thank you @booho yet another good news. At least we get to see both in modern times! heheh

Yea, let's hope for the best! Now that both confirmed their attendance I want them to win as well yahh getting greedy* :vicx: I agree with you! They have to note this one, internationally it's much wider reception than that of domestic! MLSHR is a global phenomenon (more likely LJG's) I must say so they better recognize that. Finger crossed* 

Yes this was his first fan meeting and it was called Episode 1. I would also like to see the full video with english subs, but in many years I only found these videos, here are subtitled the Q & A session and the letter to his fans. And you're quite right he's such a sweetheart.

This video is from Joon Gi's FM in Osaka in 2007.

And this is another video of Joon Gi dancing at the event of chinese new year in Shanghai in 2007.

• Like 13

Letter that Joon Gi wrote to his fans and it is included as part of 'The Star' Magazine.

La imagen puede contener: texto

ALOHA!
Hello my dear fans~ I am your actor – Lee Joon Gi.
I am currently writing a letter to all of you under the starry sky in Hawaii. 
After busy shooting of the TV series , it is necessary for me to get some good rest and regain energy.
I can feel the natural magnificence on the islands of Hawaii and able to breathe in and absorb some renewed strength.
It seems like I can still feel the deep support and love from all the fans! That's why I prepared this small gift to return the never-ending love that I received from all of you.
The pictures we took in Hawaii, you will see many sides of me, such as the youthful Lee Joon Gi, sexy Lee Joon Gi,..etc.(LOL)
I try to portray the different sides of me that people haven't seen in this shoot. Different styles and charisma will be showcased in these two-part magazines took place in Hawaii.
I hope you can feel the happiness while looking at the magazines. 
Staring at the starry sky, I am starting to feel sentimental too. 
This is a night that I think of the love and endless support that my fans give me. 
I hope you can all be happy with me forever and ever!
I am so thankful for all of you. I love you all! 
Your actor, Lee Joon Gi.

Translation by  Lee Joon-Gi 이준기 International Fan Club

Elle Korea January 2017

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, de pie

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, calzado

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, automóvil

• Like 21

2 hours ago, lyserose said:

@lisethvr Thanks for the videos. In that fan meeting, where he wore the red blazer....that face which is like a perfectly cut porcelain coupled with that hairstyle....he really looked like that hero stepping out of a Japanese manga. He looked so unreal. 

I am new to this Joon Gi's world. This is how I become to like him. The moment he appeared on the first episode of Moon Lovers I was really mesmerized. He looked like he just stepped out from the Manga. I am one of those Moon Lovers fans who would say MLSHR is Wang So.

• Like 12

18 hours ago, Uniform Victory said:

@anonymouschic Feel free to share and express your love for LJG. Welcome to the thread. I am also new to the fandom. :):):) We both are more than 10 years behind to this craziness. We have too many things to catch up. :):):)

I watched videos of him on YT because I can't start watching his other dramas yet. I can say that he is so graceful in all of his films whatever the genre, whether the scene is sweet, fighting or emotional with the tears and all. He's a brilliant and versatile actor.:heart:

17 hours ago, Fragile Geegee said:

Hi there.. I tried again last night and it did worked. I couldnt go to bed before voting lol. 

About the daesang award or top excellent award there is the actor from jealousy incarnate who is more candidate to get it more than KRW. He got much love this year enough to get him one big award (I hope I'm wrong about this).

@anonymouschic same for me, I fell for him from the very beginning scens of his and I didnt expect that to happen lol.

Actually, I started watching it (thanks to knets) because I was curious about how bad  is IU's acting and the story and I ended up by dumping moonlight and other dramas (I was wasting my time on )and started my journey with moon lovers and our 4th prince. I really can't understand Knets..the just hate too much.

It was a magnificent scene. It's hard to forget.:blush:

7 hours ago, lisethvr said:

Letter that Joon Gi wrote to his fans and it is included as part of 'The Star' Magazine.

ALOHA!
Hello my dear fans~ I am your actor – Lee Joon Gi.
I am currently writing a letter to all of you under the starry sky in Hawaii. 
After busy shooting of the TV series , it is necessary for me to get some good rest and regain energy.
I can feel the natural magnificence on the islands of Hawaii and able to breathe in and absorb some renewed strength.
It seems like I can still feel the deep support and love from all the fans! That's why I prepared this small gift to return the never-ending love that I received from all of you.
The pictures we took in Hawaii, you will see many sides of me, such as the youthful Lee Joon Gi, sexy Lee Joon Gi,..etc.(LOL)
I try to portray the different sides of me that people haven't seen in this shoot. Different styles and charisma will be showcased in these two-part magazines took place in Hawaii.
I hope you can feel the happiness while looking at the magazines. 
Staring at the starry sky, I am starting to feel sentimental too. 
This is a night that I think of the love and endless support that my fans give me. 
I hope you can all be happy with me forever and ever!
I am so thankful for all of you. I love you all! 
Your actor, Lee Joon Gi.

Translation by  Lee Joon-Gi 이준기 International Fan Club

I do not know how long i stared at his handwriting. Now i love it too. lol. :grin:

• Like 10

Apparently there will be a change in SBS Drama Awards 2016. This year the awards classification will be based on drama genre (ie romance, fantasy etc), unlike the last year that was based on the length of drama (ie Mini series, Medium-length drama and Long-length drama/Serial drama).
According to SBS they do this to improve the award category for each genre but I would say the change in the award category is more rather to enable them to distribute more awards, so more artistes can attend and win.

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201612210100167810011462&servicedate=20161221

http://www.koreastardaily.com/tc/news/88657

• Like 12

2 hours ago, lisethvr said:
Apparently there will be a change in SBS Drama Awards 2016. This year the awards classification will be based on drama genre (ie romance, fantasy etc), unlike the last year that was based on the length of drama (ie Mini series, Medium-length drama and Long-length drama/Serial drama).
According to SBS they do this to improve the award category for each genre but I would say the change in the award category is more rather to enable them to distribute more awards, so more artistes can attend and win.

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201612210100167810011462&servicedate=20161221

http://www.koreastardaily.com/tc/news/88657

So with the change of rules, the only competitors that seem to be in the same category as MLSHR are LOTBS and The Royal Gambler? Cmiiw

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, tinniet said:

So with the change of rules, the only competitors that seem to be in the same category as MLSHR are LOTBS and The Royal Gambler? Cmiiw

honestly, this year SBS really have aired many good drama, if i'm a netral judge ( not a fans for some actor ) it will be really hard to choose the winner

• Like 5

21 hours ago, tinniet said:

If that is the case, then no brainer then Top Excellence Awards goes to LJG's Wang So.

Most importantly, LJG should win a Daesang. If the criteria for Daesang are the following:

Culture: Moon Lovers: This drama has & will have great contribution to Korean Tourism. LJG delivered the Wang So in a way that make you curious about Korean History. The execution of this character was just amazing. I am so fascinated about Goryeo because of this drama.

http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/ATR/SI_EN_3_6.jsp?cid=2420291

Commercial Success:

A. Revenue: It was said that this drama is the most expensive Korean's drama export ever.

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201608251518520345065_2

B. Rating:

i. Domestic -

TV Rating Index:  Conducted by Nielsen Korea & TNMS

It has showed lackluster in few episodes but it rated decently in ep 1-3. It rank number 1 on its time slot from ep 17-20.

CPI - (Content Power Index - conducted by Nielsen Korea)

SBS only - Rank 1 amongst  drama & entertainment programs

If including programs from other channels:

Ep1-3 Rank 1

Ep4-14 Rank 2nd or 3rd

Ep 15-20 1st

A week after the finale - 2nd

Two weeks after the finale - 1st

http://www.kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201611151027200984396_2

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2016/10/25/0701000000AEN20161025003800315.html

ii. International:

I thought it's know that's been topping everywhere internationally. :)

Performance:

Moon Lovers - His delivery of Wang So is his best performance yet in drama. So far for dramas I have watched. I have not seen any performances that could top LJG Wang So.

Contributions to the Industry & SBS (Films & Dramas only)

Film:
Korea
a. Flying Boys (2004)
b. The King and the Clown (2005) - highly acclaimed the he received many awards thru this movie
c. Fly Daddy  Fly (2006)
d. May 18 (2006)

International
a. The Hotel Venus (2004) - Film Debut -Japan
b. Virgin Snow (2007) - Japan
c. Never Said Goodbye (2016)  - China/Taiwan
d. Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2016) - USA

Drama
SBS
1. My Girl (2005)
2. Iljimae (2008)
3. Moon Lover Scarlet Heart Ryeo (2016)

Other Channels
1. Time Between Dog and Wolf (2007)
2. Hero (2009)
3. Arang and the Magistrate (2012)
4. Two Weeks (2013)
5. Gunman in Joseon (2014)
6. Scholar Who Walks the Night (2015)

Fingers crossed...Praying Hard. Jebal!....

*Some of the info were taken from previous posts of other members on this forum.

• Like 14

Btw there's a news that SBS to adapt Moon/Sun, Sungkyunkwan author’s newest novel. 

The fusion sageuk is set in the early 15th century and tells the story of the only female painter in Joseon, named Hong Chun-gi, who is mentioned only briefly in historical record. The novel imagines her colorful life story as a beautiful painter who enters the palace and shares lovelines with a blind astronomer and arts enthusiast Grand Prince Anpyeong, third son of King Sejong.

Hong Chun-gi’s mother once prayed to the heavens to send a suitor down for her daughter to marry, and one day when a strikingly beautiful young man falls from the sky right in front of her, she believes he’s been sent from the heavens just for her. Pfft, I like her already. The young man, named Ha Ram, is nearly blind due to an accident during a rain ceremony, and can only see the color red. He holds a position in the palace as an astronomer, and after meeting Hong Chun-gi, he discovers that there’s a larger mystery surrounding his eyes.

It’s described as a story about the ardent love and the cheerful life of Hong Chun-gi, which sounds like a nice mix of Moon/Sun’s earnest romance and Sungkyunkwan Scandal’s bright sensibility. At least I hope that’s the winning combination that drama producers are going for.

SBS has begun pre-production on Hong Chun-gi, which is being planned for a 2018 broadcast. That is EONS away, SBS.

ahahaha i just wondering LJG will being cast, cuz he say that he like to act in fushion-saeguk drama LOL

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, booho said:

ahahaha i just wondering LJG will being cast, cuz he say that he like to act in fushion-saeguk drama LOL

He also said he won't act in a sageuk, including fusion sageuk, for a while. If he sticks to his words, not a chance he will take this. 

It seems to be a story more fitted for a young cast anyway.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

He also said he won't act in a sageuk, including fusion sageuk, for a while. If he sticks to his words, not a chance he will take this. 

It seems to be a story more fitted for a young cast anyway.

yeah, this one isn't for him. Maybe one of the other MLSHR cast.

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, hiluna said:

yeah, this one isn't for him. Maybe one of the other MLSHR cast.

I agree. I think the same. I am thinking Kang Hanuel for that. I am not sure why he has not been cast as the lead yet.

After watching LJGs dramas & movies, I came to a realization that I trust whatever he chooses. I thought he was brilliant with his choices. I don't necessary love the drama as whole but I love every single character he did. I love how he interprets each character. He is just amazing. What a true talent he is.

Edited by Uniform Victory
  • Like 12

6 minutes ago, Uniform Victory said:

After watching LJGs dramas & movies, I came to a realization that I trust whatever he chooses. I thought he was brilliant with his choices.

His dramas are (almost) always rich and thrilling, with a lot of genre mixed and lot of layers to the story. I think his only wrong choice a priori is SWWTN - he did an amazing job as Sung Yeol though, but I always felt uneasy about that drama, even before he got confirmed for that role. Maybe he could have foreshadowed the outcome of this one. Well it was still enjoyable but it's not a solid drama (mainly because of the writing). MLSHR was a big success on paper but as we already discussed long before, we know where it went wrong (and no one of the cast saw it coming I think), but still the drama has an epicness, a certain scale that SWWTN hasn't. 

• Like 8