Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

3 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

Is the jujitsu will have a grand appearance ?? 

Well there is that.Plus the fact that the PD is the one who directed Time Between Dog and Wolf.Namoo is saying they are reviewing the offer.But we all know dang well the character description is very JG if you get what i mean.So he is more likely to accept than not.

Talking about badass lawyers with loads of attitude and TBDW.Bear in mind.This was his first drama as a main lead.

tumblr_mfwt95FYr91qesubqo2_250.gif

tumblr_mfwt95FYr91qesubqo1_250.gif

• Like 6

4 hours ago, LadyOne said:

News on casting with tvN

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002755041

Lawyer? In May? ^_^

I perfer a Judge....

Same script writer  'Time Between Dog and Wolf' 'Pride and Prejudice' and 'a marriage contract'. Fingers crossed. 

*Reminder to self: I shall not complain I shall love any role he take. :)

Hi LadyOne, thanks for sharing the link. Yah………….another drama for LJK…..love it! I'm excited for him to return to the small screen again. Please take the role.... Plot sounds OK but it can only either be a hit or miss, though. The drama is being planned as a Saturday-Sunday drama to follow the currently airing Hwayugi. :lol:

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi LadyOne, thanks for sharing the link. Yah………….another drama for LJK…..love it! I'm excited for him to return to the small screen again. Please take the role.... Plot sounds OK but it can only either be a hit or miss, though. The drama is being planned as a Saturday-Sunday drama to follow the currently airing Hwayugi. :lol:

It will follow the drama which will follow Hwayugi like @pixelsticks said. So broadcasting set in May :)

Otherwise I agree, the plot will be a hit or miss. The PD is good - I think he managed to bring a lot out of JG back in the time when he was young, very eager to see what it can be now. I also loved the whole atmosphere of TBDAW. Now remains the question of the writer. This type of story has to be subtle in the characterization for me, don't push too far in the melo side too soon and it can work ! ^^ If he accepts, please let this drama be good ! I kind of lost my trust in Tvn which seem to decrease in quality recently but who knows.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

So....from cop/profiler to gangster/lawyer???  And May?? Broadcast or start filming? Ok...I googled a bit and it seems this show will start after A Korean Odyssey/Hwayuki (end March 4th) and LIVE full run (March 10th - May 13th?)  I'm guessing a May 19th broadcast start?  This is a weekend Sat/Sunday drama?   

And tvN?  Crap...I just unfollowed their vLive.  Guess I might have to bring that back up.   LJG...you are really testing me.  Going from warrior to cop to lawyer? 

MY SMILE for the Day:

This is BINGs version of Lee Joon Gi Lawyer.  

Can we get a drenched scene?  Then I am OK with a lawyer. :wink:  <<<I kid because I'm not a big fan of lawyer shows>>>

Hi pixelsticks this is slated to begin airing in May. But, he has not made a final decision yet. Although, according to his Label, he is positively considering the offer right now. If so, I'm happy LKG has another new modern day drama again. I really appreciate those actors who consistently graced our TV screens every year. Isn't it sounds wonderful?  I so want him to accept this. Besides, the PD and writer have good works to their names.  Whatever his decision is I'm sure he'll do his best.  If he's okay with it, then I can't wait! Although, action again - I want to see him in a cute way this time, not always tough as his previous projects, not action related.  Well, I believe that actors should choose projects that define him as an actor.   So, no problem really if he chooses historical or action. Although, as far as I remember he was always interested to play in a romcom. He said that in his previous interviews in the past.  Whatever.....I am ready for a badass lawyer who shakes up things a little bit. :lol:

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

It will follow the drama which will follow Hwayugi like @pixelsticks said. So broadcasting set in May :)

Otherwise I agree, the plot will be a hit or miss. The PD is good - I think he managed to bring a lot out of JG back in the time when he was young, very eager to see what it can be now. I also loved the whole atmosphere of TBDAW. Now remains the question of the writer. This type of story has to be subtle in the characterization for me, don't push too far in the melo side too soon and it can work ! ^^ If he accepts, please let this drama be good ! I kind of lost my trust in Tvn which seem to decrease in quality recently but who knows.

Hi leesopark, ohhh.............I thought all along after Hwayugi. Thanks for the correction..... :lol:

• Like 3

On 11.02.2018 at 2:01 PM, antoniaclamens said:

Joseon Gunman parade 

Aaaaaahhh... THE moment that changed my life...

21 hours ago, haniiiii said:

oppa was promoted to higher rank :wink: 

Wow wow wow! Conratulations! crazy-monkey-emoticon-148.gif?1292792417

8 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

Snippets from the news:

A lawyer who doesn't follow the protocol but use his fist instead.

This is a revenge-theme drama.

So... so he'd play a lawyer? I'm not into law-dramas but I'll make an exception of course!!! 

A lawyer...

Does that mean he'll wear suit?

A LOT???

Lawyer...

In a suit...

Suit...

Lee Joon Gi in a suit...

I wonder if coffins are expensive this season. I believe I may need one. crazy-monkey-emoticon-121.gif

8 hours ago, LadyOne said:

Same script writer  'Time Between Dog and Wolf'

Oh this is a good news! I love how LJG played in TBDAW. I believe the script writer will give our man the chance to change us into emotional pond. crazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif?1292792378  Can't wait!

7 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

the character seems not bad... a ganster turn into lawyer...

Also: "Since this role puts the "fist above the law", the role will also call attention to the actor's action performance."

This sounds sooo good!!! crazy-monkey-emoticon-089.gif?1292792402

6 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Can we get a drenched scene?  Then I am OK with a lawyer. :wink:  <<<I kid because I'm not a big fan of lawyer shows>>>

I'm sure LJG will make us all love lawyer shows. Besides he'll be using his fists crazy-monkey-emoticon-055.gif?1292792393 which means - more action scenes, less boring court babbling. I'm fine with this. crazy-monkey-emoticon-022.gif?1292792384 (Am I using too many emoticoners?)

5 hours ago, violina said:

caption translate:look how happy he is:).

Can I do the honor to change his belt???

vlntr.gif

5 hours ago, violina said:

Talking about badass lawyers with loads of attitude and TBDW.Bear in mind.This was his first drama as a main lead.

*purrs* And he did it so well... 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi pixelsticks this is slated to begin airing in May. But, he has not made a final decision yet. Although, according to his Label, he is positively considering the offer right now. If so, I'm happy LKG has another new modern day drama again. I really appreciate those actors who consistently graced our TV screens every year. Isn't it sounds wonderful?  I so want him to accept this. Besides, the PD and writer have good works to their names.  Whatever his decision is I'm sure he'll do his best.  If he's okay with it, then I can't wait! Although, action again - I want to see him in a cute way this time, not always tough as his previous projects, not action related.  Well, I believe that actors should choose projects that define him as an actor.   So, no problem really if he chooses historical or action. Although, as far as I remember he was always interested to play in a romcom. He said that in his previous interviews in the past.  Whatever.....I am ready for a badass lawyer who shakes up things a little bit. :lol:

Yes he has mentioned that he’s interested to be in a rom-com drama but the script must be good as per his statement in the magazine interview.

Anyway just like you,  I am just happy that Lee Joon Gi will be gracing the TV screen soon. At least I don’t have to wait for centuries. :) 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, willenette said:

Thank goodness for some news on his possible next project. I was starting to worry that he wouldn't do a project this year.  I have faith that it would be a hit with LJG as a lawyer with attitude :wub: . Hello "J" from TBDAW ? TVN must have been happy with his performance on Criminal Minds to offer another project to him so soon.  I like the time frame of May, not too long to wait. There hasn't been many good kdramas to watch lately :(

• Like 5

5 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

I think the writer is experienced and successful in this genre and the director is familiar with JG's acting style so I am not worried.  To be honest the quality in all the kdramas recently regardless of which station seems to have decreased. I am rewatching some of the older favourite kdramas when I can't get past the first few episodes of the newer dramas. Misty looks promising though, I like the actors and the suspense feel it gives. 

I just hope the director doesn't prolong JG's emotional scenes. I prefer a cool, calm badass character who uses his brain and fists effectively rather than with too much emotions. However, JG is known for his tear jerking scenes which I love especially in MLSHR and his sad/angry scenes in Criminal Minds were very well done, short and effective.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, leesopark16 said:

And yeah, romcoms are also not doing well nowadays (and none of them make me want to check out) so except if the script is mindblowing and original it wouldn't be the right genre to go.

Exactly. I don't want to watch him in some embarrasing rom-com.

1 hour ago, hiluna said:

I just hope the director doesn't prolong JG's emotional scenes. I prefer a cool, calm badass character who uses his brain and fists effectively rather than with too much emotions.

Hmm... at first he can behave like cool badass with great brain and no emotions at all but later we can learn there's something under that facade. :) I like badass idea but hate emotionless robots. I hope the makers would mix it. :D

• Like 6

2 hours ago, missmaudy said:

Thanks for the reminder. Off to vote.

JG is on number 1, followed by Ji Chang Wook then Lee Jung Suk.

JCW’s voting army is fast and furious... at the rate that they are going, they will soon take over the number one spot. :( 

Was hoping to see another JG’s award wining speech and hopefully in English... 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, cedarwood said:

So... so he'd play a lawyer? I'm not into law-dramas but I'll make an exception of course!!! 

A lawyer...

Does that mean he'll wear suit?

A LOT???

Lawyer...

In a suit...

Suit...

Lee Joon Gi in a suit...

I'm shallow....this will get me to watch!!  waiting onion head But give me a shower scene washing onion head or a fountain fighting scene...  <<<I'm sensing a new Director's List will be forthcoming!!>>>

I'm cautious about the bad-richard simmons descriptions.  Yes, the character was a gangster, involved in organized crime before becoming a lawyer but when is the change?  I'm trying to digest the description, " treats law books like home appliance manuals."  Does that mean he diligently reads/follows them to the letter (which doesn't mesh with lawlessness) or that he treats them like "guidelines" and doesn't even read/respect them (I know a few people like that)?  But then, it is said he knows how to win by finding all the loopholes (which infers he reads/knows the law well) or by using his fists (easy fall-back strategy).  I am always hesitant with the translation of the character.  Especially after CMKR, when we thought Hyun Joon was going to be a hot-head, Tom (& Jerry anyone) cat and he really wasn't. 

Like @violina said, this character change/growth sounds like what he likes to pick.  Will he be a tough guy/bully in some fashion at the beginning...used to his physicality and wiles getting him the outcomes he wants...until he realizes that to protect his mother, etc.  he has to follow the "right" path and the law.  So what is the catalyst?  His mother's safety?  A romantic straight-laced law abiding interest? Revenge?  

Do you think there will be a romantic line at all? 

And what the frick is up with SBS planning all these Season 2 of shows....<<<but no MLSHR>>>?

• Like 3

Lee Jun Ki to comeback in a new tvN drama?

lee-jun-ki

Actor Lee Jun Ki is looking to make a comeback in a new drama!

On February 13, a representative of Namoo Actors told Sports Chosun, "Lee Jun Ki has received a casting offer for tvN's 'Lawless Lawyer' (literal title), however, nothing has been confirmed at this time.  He is currently actively considering the role."

SEE ALSO: [OP-ED] Rebooting? What rebooting?: The failure of 'The Unit'

The initial role he received was of protagonist Bong Sang Pil, a lawyer who used to be part of a gang.  He handles law books as if they were home appliance manuals and likes to act with his fist as opposed to going by the law.  Looking at his character, there seems to be a lot of action-packed sequences, leading to further attention.

'Lawless Lawyer' follows the story of Bong Sang Pil who goes against the odds to avenge his dear mother.  The script is written by Yoon Hyun Ho who also worked on drama 'Remember' and film 'Confidential Assignment'. Kim Jin Min PD will be in charge of production, who previously worked on 'Pride and Prejudice' and 'Time Between Dog and Wolf' which also starred Lee Jun Ki.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Source Link: https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/02/lee-jun-ki-to-comeback-in-a-new-tvn-drama

11 hours ago, cedarwood said:
12 hours ago, hiluna said:

I just hope the director doesn't prolong JG's emotional scenes. I prefer a cool, calm badass character who uses his brain and fists effectively rather than with too much emotions.

Hmm... at first he can behave like cool badass with great brain and no emotions at all but later we can learn there's something under that facade. :) I like badass idea but hate emotionless robots. I hope the makers would mix it. :D

Agree.There has to be a good balance.I am a little worried about "avenge his dear mother" bit.I wish they would somehow make a different catalyst or motivation for the character's personality.

6 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

I am curious^_^..you want it to have one? 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

I'm shallow....this will get me to watch!!  waiting onion head But give me a shower scene washing onion head or a fountain fighting scene...  <<<I'm sensing a new Director's List will be forthcoming!!>>>

I'm cautious about the bad-richard simmons descriptions.  Yes, the character was a gangster, involved in organized crime before becoming a lawyer but when is the change?  I'm trying to digest the description, " treats law books like home appliance manuals."  Does that mean he diligently reads/follows them to the letter (which doesn't mesh with lawlessness) or that he treats them like "guidelines" and doesn't even read/respect them (I know a few people like that)?  But then, it is said he knows how to win by finding all the loopholes (which infers he reads/knows the law well) or by using his fists (easy fall-back strategy).  I am always hesitant with the translation of the character.  Especially after CMKR, when we thought Hyun Joon was going to be a hot-head, Tom (& Jerry anyone) cat and he really wasn't. 

Like @violina said, this character change/growth sounds like what he likes to pick.  Will he be a tough guy/bully in some fashion at the beginning...used to his physicality and wiles getting him the outcomes he wants...until he realizes that to protect his mother, etc.  he has to follow the "right" path and the law.  So what is the catalyst?  His mother's safety?  A romantic straight-laced law abiding interest? Revenge?  

And what the frick is up with SBS planning all these Season 2 of shows....<<<but no MLSHR>>>?

From what I understood, the character is a former gangster who became a lawyer, but still use his fists - so it can be a thing like when law isn't enough, here come the old fashion way ^^ But it's too soon to know. A romantic line is possible, but probably not the main concern which is good.

I don't think a second season is needed in Moon Lovers - that sad and unfair ending is what made the drama so memorable and epic in its own way.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, hiluna said:

TVN must have been happy with his performance on Criminal Minds to offer another project to him so soon. 

That.Plus they probably made a lot of profit from selling Criminal Minds abroad.So of course, they would be more than happy to hire someone who brings in the money.

.............................................................................................................................................................................................

Writeup from Dramabeans

Lee Jun-ki offered tvN legal-action drama Lawless Attorney

by javabeans

leejunki_306.jpg

There are multiple reasons to be excited at news of Lee Jun-ki (Criminal Minds) being courted for another tvN drama, not least because that means Lee Jun-ki is likely to come back to television soon, which I always welcome, even if his projects don’t always turn out so well. But apparently I will never give up on him despite a number of subpar dramas (Criminal Minds, Scholar Who Walks the Night, Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo…), because he’s due for a good one any day now, right? Right?

This new series is called Lawless Attorney, and if Lee Jun-ki accepts the offer, it would reunite him with his Time of Dog and Wolf director, PD Kim Jin-min (who also directed The Liar and His Lover, Marriage Contract, Pride and Prejudice, andLa Dolce Vita). As Dog and Wolf was one of his best dramas, the idea fills me with cautious optimism, especially since this drama looks to bring back Lee’s grittier side as a former gangster turned lawyer on a revenge mission.

The role Lee Jun-ki is considering positively in Lawless Attorney is Bong Sang-pil, a “gangster lawyer” who doesn’t trust the law and feels free to use his fists. He takes advantage of loopholes in the law and boasts an excellent win rate. Other lawyers may consider the legal code sacred, but he considers it more of a tool “like an appliance user manual.” He fights against those in absolute power, standing all alone in the world, driven solely by the thought of avenging his mother.

Lawless Attorney promises an exciting story of growth of maturation, as well as action and thrills. Well, it’s Lee Jun-ki, so action is just a gimme at this point. The drama is being planned as a Saturday-Sunday drama to follow writer Noh Hee-kyung’s Live, which follows currently airing Hwayugi.

Via IS Plus, Sports Chosun

Source: http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/02/lee-jun-ki-offered-tvn-legal-action-drama-lawless-attorney/

6 hours ago, missmaudy said:
On 2/12/2018 at 3:40 AM, pixelsticks said:

Thanks for the reminder. Off to vote.

JG is on number 1, followed by Ji Chang Wook then Lee Jung Suk.

Goes off to vote.Goodnight angels:

Image result for lee joon gi waving gif

• Like 4