Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

4 hours ago, polaris1965 said:

Thanks for tagging me @kiinn and @junejungki :) This marks my first ever post as I have been lurking here since MLSHR but was just too shy and busy to post anything. Because I am really too old to be fangirling to this extent. However after the SG FM I thought I should at least write down some of my thoughts for cathartic effect!

I decided to attend the HK FM alone in a sheer moment of madness and contacted @qwenli for tips on how to buy the ticket online. It was not difficult but my seat was waaaay back as the best seats were snapped up in the first 20 minutes or so. I went to the site as soon as the tickets were on sale but it was so busy that I just couldn't get through. Before the HK FM I told myself that going all the way to Hong Kong from Malaysia alone is sufficient insanity, no need to go to the SG FM, etc, etc.

Well, suffice to say I totally underestimated the "JG effect" as the ladies in the WA group put it! After the 3 hour HK FM I was mesmerised, hynoptised, entranced, transfixed, you name it! Watching him live and experiencing his charisma, sexiness and stage presence is like a drug, you just keep wanting more and more....I initially told @qwenli that I was not too enthused about the SG FM as it was outdoor (under the hot sun or rain) and free seating, all factors which are usually an absolute enthusiasm dampener for me. Then she said that a group of fans from Soompi were going and that we would look after each other. That kind of swung it for me- thanks @qwenliso much! Otherwise I would have missed out on seeing him the second time! I went to both FMs solely due to your helpfulness and encouragement :D The Sg FM was actually a better experience as I was with a group of like minded and kind ladies! Much better than being very comfortable in HK but alone.

@kiinn and I were at JG's airport departure together but got separated in the absolute chaos and melee. I used to watch JG's airport scenes and think "Nope, not me" but oh well.... He really made me do things which are out of character but you know what, for me personally, it was soooo worth it as I got to see him closer than ever before.

Anyway in short I totally agree with all of @kiinn 's post above on all the pros and cons, especially points 5 and 6. I kept being told I was nuts but persevered through it all. My profession deems that I should be logical and rational above all else and this was such a departure from the usual sensible me but you know what in the end i just disregarded everything and WENT! So anyone thinking of going to the Seoul Encore FM, just go! You won't regret it one bit :D 

I am still in the office so end of ramble, better go and return to real life!

Hear hear!! You are not alone. I am normally a sane person. I analyst things from different angle and perspective before making my decision. But when comes to Jun Ki, I lost my sanity. :tongue:

• Like 10

@eugeneyy @polaris1965 @NoonaEWelcome and thank you for sharing your experiences at the Singapore FM :D Ah the 'Joon Gi effect' - it is a struggle for me now maintaining some perspective - I'm not sure I would cope seeing him live :blink:

@SilvermaineThank you for your reply 're Rachel' - I'm sorry I asked you that - I went to bed last night beating myself up for asking - feeling like a gossip :(  Maybe she just comes from a rich family - she may not even work. 

Yes @pixelsticks, we can be grateful that she shares her 'gotten gains' haha.

@Lynn11 Just love - love - love the U Weekly video :tongue::wub: - Thank you :D  I had to laugh at the look on the lady's face when Joon Gi took the camera off her - she wasn't expecting that :lol::wub:

Edited by luvkstyle
text was out of alignment
  • Like 8

@oyashirazuUnnie add to the JG love list.

74. Dear God this should have been mentioned at the beginning!it's so obvious in photos.Who here loves Lee Joon Gi's Adams apple.You can't unsee it and when he exposes his neck it just enhances his sexy manly appeal.:heart:

• Like 10

On 8/3/2017 at 7:23 PM, luvkstyle said:

I've been searching through his recent interviews because I'm sure I heard him say - briefly, somewhere - that he wrote the lyrics for his song 'Thank You'.  I've often wondered who wrote his songs.  After searching on Google I read that he also wrote 'Selfless Dedicated Trees'.  Does anyone have any information about his song writing?  Does he also compose the music as well as the lyrics?  What other songs has he written/composed?  

Joon Gi didn't write the lyrics for his song 'Thank you', this song and 'Now' were written by someone who calls himself Director of Soul.
I don't remember reading any interview in which Joon Gi talked about his song 'Thank you', maybe you're confused with the interview in Singapore where Joon Gi talked about why he named his tour 'Thank you' or the articles that came out about release of his new single album 'Thank you' dedicated to his fans. This is an excerpt from an article about his album.

"As his way of giving back to fans who had been there since he started his career, Lee Joon Gi will release a new single album "Thank You". The digital single album is dedicated to all his fans from all over the world.
Lee Joon Gi's new single album 'Thank You' contains 3 songs: title track 'Thank You' which is dedicated to all his fans for their undying support for him, 'Now' which says to depict his desire to make his relationship with his fans lasts, and 'We Wish You A Merry Christmas' to celebrate the upcoming holidays".

And about 'Selfless Dedicated Trees', Joon Gi hasn't composed the music, he only wrote the lyrics and he also wrote the lyrics of 'Tonight'. When he released his mini album Case by Case (CBC) it was said that 'Tonigh' is a sweet love song about a man who fell into his first love, and Lee Joon Gi participated in writing lyrics himself.

The song 'Selfless Dedicated Trees' is dedicated to his fans and has 3 versions, the first version belongs to his J Style album that was officially released on April 21, 2009 and Lee Joon Gi sang it for first time on April 18, 2009 in his fan meeting named 'Episode 2: The Mask' and where Joon Gi did something very cute, he was pointing the names of the fans who attended while they were moving up the screen.

After, Joon Gi released another version and he made a video with never-before-seen clips from the making process that was shown to the public for first time at his Taiwan FM on September 26, 2009. 

The last version belongs to his My Dear album that was released in 2013.

P.s. Another song that he dedicated to his fans is My dear.

• Like 9

Continuing Lee Joon Gi love list.

75. Ok I'm gonna sound pervertish here but ahem #sorrynotsorry.But really it's coming from me not as a fan girl(for a minute) but as a drama critic.He really is a "romantist"(whatever that means that's what he always say)too although he always credit Kang Ha Neul with that which I agree with but I do have a feeling that he is excellent at showcasing romance in drama.

Il explain; his kiss scenes in pretty much all his dramas but especially his post military ones,in my opinion, have a certain authentic ness or realness that is rarely found in other kiss scenes in dramas.They are usually not too aggressive or intense.Instead they are gentle and filled with so much emotion they can burn your screen.Especially in scholar who walks the night and moon lovers I could play the kiss scene over and over and over again because there is just that special feeling to them that I can't put in words.

Ah and when he is making love confessions instead of them sounding cheesy or just like an actor reciting a script or trying to look cool.His sound so passionate.so full of longing. so meaningful. so loving.moonlovers and arang and the magistrate best demonstrate this.

Spoiler

See arang and the magistrate towards the end of ep 12 and also towards end of ep 13 for heart wrenching love confessions.

See also moon lovers in the prison scene in ep 11 for indirect heart tugging love confession.see also heart melting jealousy and love induced love confession in ep 14.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, emeraldblue said:

75. Ok I'm gonna sound pervertish here but ahem #sorrynotsorry.But really it's coming from me not as a fan girl(for a minute) but as a drama critic.He really is a "romantist"(whatever that means that's what he always say)too although he always credit Kang Ha Neul with that which I agree with but I do have a feeling that h75. Ok I'm gonna sound pervertish here but ahem #sorrynotsorry.But really it's coming from me not as a fan girl(for a minute) but as a drama critic.He really is a romantist too although he always credit Kang Ha Neul with that which I agree with but I do have a feeling that he is excellent at showcasing romance.Il explain; his kiss scenes in pretty much all his dramas that have watched have a certain authentic ness that is rarely found in other kiss scenes in both Kdrama and he is excellent at showcasing romance in drama.

Right.Then his critics keep blubbering on about how he doesn't have chemistry with his female first lead co-stars blah blah blah.Hahaha.He has done 5 dramas and won "couple awards" three times from all big 3 TV stations since he came out from the army.Thats not an easy feat when you are being awarded for acting skill and chemistry not popularity.see he won:

Couple award MBC(arang and the magistrate)= 2012

Couple award KBS (Joseon Gunman)= 2014

Couple award SBS (Moon lovers) = 2016

He is definitely an effective 1st lead as far as romance is concerned.I have run through his whole filmography and not once have I ever had second lead syndrome in his drama. I have never wished that the 1st FEMALE lead should be with the second MALE lead when he is leading the drama.I have always rooted for him to get the girl not because of fan bias but he just portrays his character so damn well even when he was jerk-like as Kay in TBDW.

• Like 14

How could i not love coming to this thread when i always find beautiful things... pics, videos, thoughts...

Why of course @MAROSA_JIN and @pixelsticks are winners when it comes to beautiful/sexy/cute pics :wub: many thanks to you both

@Christabelita no. those cute doggie gifs are not mine. given to me by another chingu. must thank marosa jin

@eugeneyy @polaris1965 @NoonaE love to see you here sharing your experiences and @kiinn thank you for the many tips.. might follow them if only i could go to korea..

@lisethvr thank you so much for the music info... i am new to follow his music side, so i don't know much about it. i downloaded most of his singles (i think) and i'm listening to them nonstop. he might not be the best singer ever, but he has a beautiful voice (what is not beautiful about him)  and most his songs are really catchy, some of them i already love

@luvkstyle i wonder about her and black hole too!!! must have tons of money i guess...

and yes please go visit MLSHR's thread it is moving slowly but it's still moving...

• Like 11

@Silvermaine  Awwwww. I laughed so hard at that ads next to cover, Peel Fresh. Timing couldn't have been better. Lol. Yes, Peel this man fresh. 

@luvkstyle I'll put my faith on that man greeds/ambitions *grin*  Hopefully it's something big/international hehe.

Spoiler

@Silvermaine  @luvkstyle  What did we talk about?  :blink: I saw the lady, actually ( of course, she's the pro, and everywhere), LadyOne also fed me some infos. lol. But I couldn't write that, here. It's not something bad, but it's not decent to talk about other in an open forum. I see she's a mature woman, and I guess she do have jobs. I personally have mix feelings toward ppl's dedication to this one scrawny little guy (Zi's word, lol), but well, world's free. I draw my own line, let others have theirs. The narcissistic man, doesn't mind anyway, I guess. lol

13 hours ago, polaris1965 said:

Thanks for tagging me @kiinn and @junejungki :) This marks my first ever post as I have been lurking here since MLSHR but was just too shy and busy to post anything. Because I am really too old to be fangirling to this extent. However after the SG FM I thought I should at least write down some of my thoughts for cathartic effect!

@polaris1965  You're here! Yay!  

I'm so grateful you decided to come ( after a lot of hesitation) that airport day. I don't know what I'd  do to cope with my mental breakdown, without you by my side. I'm also happy for you it's the right decision ( although not for me). I remember before the FM, you told us you went to the HK one and it's so fun you wanted to attend the SG's. I was actually surprised, cause I was quite doubtful before ( like, really? how fun can one get from a man dancing and singing k-pop on stagey). But now I totally understand you point, lol. Let's see if we're going nuts again, and go to the Japan one. :tongue: 

I suggest you assign your work to your staffs before his Ear Candy, released. I bet you'll get stoned, your ppl will be left dumbfounded.

See my point, when I said this man is cocaine.

Urgh, gimme life back...

• Like 13

1 hour ago, violina said:

Right.Then his critics keep blubbering on about how he doesn't have chemistry with his female first lead co-stars blah blah blah.Hahaha.He has done 5 dramas and won "couple awards" three times from all big 3 TV stations since he came out from the army.Thats not an easy feat when you are being awarded for acting skill and chemistry not popularity.see he won:

Couple award MBC(arang and the magistrate)= 2012

Couple award KBS (Joseon Gunman)= 2014

Couple award SBS (Moon lovers) = 2016

He is definitely an effective 1st lead as far as romance is concerned.I have run through his whole filmography and not once have I ever had second lead syndrome in his drama. I have never wished that the 1st FEMALE lead should be with the second MALE lead when he is leading the drama.I have always rooted for him to get the girl not because of fan bias but he just portrays his character so damn well even when he was jerk-like as Kay in TBDW.

Especially for type of dramas that romance is only a secondary element.

Lee Joon Gi is doing fine in his choices of drama. People or fans have to understand that Leonardo DiCaprio have to go through self-mismanagement so he won't be typecast as a typical romance leading actor. NO, I definitely don't want LJG to go through that just to prove he is a serious actor. I say fans because I heard some fans say the same comment just because they don't like LJG's leading lady. I think this kind of criticism from the fans itself is one of the reasons why SWWTN & MLSHR didn't rate well in Korea.

I have read those other critics. They are not making sense at all.

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 10

@kiinn

Spoiler

Why do you keep calling him as small man? Is it because he is skinny or short? or Maybe you are taller than him. I saw a photo from  Iljimae where all casts stood next to each other. He looked taller than Park Si Hoo who's been identified as 182cm tall in his profile. Well, LJG was more bulky by atleast 15 kg in Iljimae though.

I was asking purely out of curiosity. But I also thought maybe you just say it to make it sound funny as it does sound funny to me when you say it like that.

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 5

@missmaudy No, he's tall. Like, my head is around his shoulder height ( or below), that's my measurement when I was 1meter away from him. I'm 5feet btw, i'm short. Yeas, sorry bout that, it's just our jokes to make fun of our-degraded-selves. Zi blurted it out at the airport and all ready-to-murder-eyes turned on her lol. He's not little and he's definitely the opposite of scrawny, hehe. He's the most radiant creature, I've ever seen. 

In fact, i feel his build is gorgeous and couldn't be more perfect for pulling off the high-fashion. so well, yeas, please excuse us, these sarcastic bitter women. -_-

• Like 11

39 minutes ago, kiinn said:

@missmaudy No, he's tall. Like, my head is around his shoulder height ( or below), that's my measurement when I was 1meter away from him. I'm 5feet btw, i'm short. Yeas, sorry bout that, it's just our jokes to make fun of our-degraded-selves. Zi blurted it out at the airport and all ready-to-murder-eyes turned on her lol. He's not little and he's definitely the opposite of scrawny, hehe. He's the most radiant creature, I've ever seen. 

In fact, i feel his build is gorgeous and couldn't be more perfect for pulling off the high-fashion. so well, yeas, please excuse us, these sarcastic bitter women. -_-

I thought so. Just suit yourself.  I actually find it funny with how you were saying it. :)

I am now more curious how he actually look in person. I don't even think of asking for handshake. Seeing him upclose, say 1m, is more than enough. I got to save up fast for his fan meeting next year.

• Like 9

@lisethvrThank you so much for the information re his songwriting.  I did notice the name 'The Director of Soul' against some of his songs when I was searching on Google :)  Yes I must have got confused - thanks for putting me straight ^_^ I will look at the videos tonight :D

@missmaudyI believe he is about 5ft 10in - 1.78m according to various internet sites.  He himself said in an interview after filming SWWTN that he wished he was taller and was comparing himself to Lee Soo Hyuk 1.84m and Changmin 1.85m.  Apparently some actors do wear lift inserts in their shoes and perhaps they do for certain occasions as well.  It makes sense. (Of course I'm not saying Joon Gi does this :p)

Spoiler

I saw an video of Jang Hyuk a few years ago when he was in Mongolia and he rolled down a hill and his shoe came off and the insert flew out of it of course everyone cracked up laughing - poor Jang Hyuk - he is said to be 1.77m tall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGW8LzLwDRA&index=2&list=PLJIIhqmbAqX2Zt3Qof5La4viIprJALPvs

...at 1.10mins - right click on link and open in a new tab

• Like 8