Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

tonight's TOP100 tvcast naver: from no. 1 to 14 all are from episode 13 clips. WOW! This show is quite trending now!

http://tvcast.naver.com/r/ 

and SHR is no. 1 trending in naver tv with more 12millions views :) congrats oppa LJG, even the rating is not high, at least it's quite trendy topic in naver,

http://tvcast.naver.com/r/channel 

looking forward for 1M followers in his instagram, it will happen soon

• Like 10

12 hours ago, vyshiva said:

Haha. I likely have gone crazy. I watch ML online without the translation. :crazy:

Thanks to fast translators at 6 a.m already is with subs, and in the evening and with a sound. 13ep is in my opinion awesome. :wub:

@vyshiva What I like about JG's current drama is I can watch the latest ep the next day due to fast subs. :lol: Great to hear his drama doing so well in Naver as well.  Happy to see that the MLSHR ratings in SK has increased as well.

@cedarwood  If you still want to watch Never Say Goodbye movie with english subs, I will let you know if you are still keen. :)

Have caught up MLSHR till ep 12 and all I can say is this show keeps getting better and better and JG is really awesome as Wang So :heart: though I'm sad his screen time is so limited as compared to 8th prince. :cry:  Yes, I know that in C-version, even 4th prince screen time is supposed to be less but I really find it too obvious here in MLSHR.  How I wish this drama could have been 24 eps instead of 20.  I too felt that PD dragged it way too much for So Soo ship to set sail.  It should have been in ep 11 since this drama is only 20 eps.  Still So Soo scenes are delightful to watch as JG is really cute when he's with IU.

• Like 10

12 hours ago, minmar said:

Ok, Joon Lovers, we are closing in on 1 million followers on Instagram. It's now 992K.   Naturally there should be a big thank you from Joon and an acknowledgement to those 1 Million.  Personally,  I am hoping for more Nakey Joon.... Emoticon 0137 Clapping  (sigh) but I doubt that'll happen. (drat)  Emoticon 0136 Giggle

Hopefully it will be something special!!!

999k now!!!! :D so excited! I hope he gets so many good projects in the future! Will def watch all of them <3 

• Like 7

*** "Woman with a Suitcase" and "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" are fighting for second place. According to Nielsen Korea, "Woman with a Suitcase" came in next with 8.6% and "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" came in last with 8.2%. In the previous episode, these two dramas both tied in second with 7.9% each. :P

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" Episode 13

photo769351.jpg

A wide-angle camera shot better explains the cliffhanger for the last episode and...apparently Woo-hee was nowhere near King Taejo? What's more, the monarch had other more immediately pressing problems in the whole "staying alive" department, so that leaves Woo-hee's entire storyline as being completely pointless with no pay-off. Even so, other characters have to devote energy to saving Woo-hee, because Soo likes her, even though we don't actually know how or why Woo-hee and Soo are friends.

The scripting in "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" is...well, it's not terrible, I'll give it that much. But it really is jarring how it seems like half of every episode is directly related to serious dramatic payoff while the other half is just random filler involving characters with little to no influence on the main action. Bizarrely enough Soo, the alleged main character, also falls into that category. Observe how Soo is important here mainly because for whatever random reason, she's the servant who King Taejo tasks with the important mission.

King Taejo himself, in fact, is another such character. I honestly didn't have much reaction to his death because we really do know so very little about the man personality-wise. The late flashbacks, with sad Prince So thinking back to how important even the most meager approval from King Taejo was, could be read either as sympathetic or cruel. Prince So's dad was the most powerful man in Goryeo, and look at how broken down his poor son is.

Faulty logistical scripting is also a contributing factor to that. I couldn't figure out how Prince Yo managed to escape when last we saw him the guy was being held at swordpoint by a literal army. But then again, Prince Yo is yet another one of those characters who's important more because we think he's important than because he does anything noteworthy. More then actual personality traits, I remember Prince Yo chiefly for his excessive eyeliner.

This, too, being a usual consequence of the blasted camera work, which seems to go out of its way to make "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" difficult to watch. When even the fight scenes involve close-up shots, that's when we have a problem. The worst of it is that bad camerawork really takes me out of the story, reminds me that I'm watching something that was filmed, and further makes it difficult to connect emotionally to the characters. It's all very irritating.

Review by William Schwartz

"Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" is directed by Kim Kyoo-tae, written by Jo Yoon-yeong and features Lee Joon-ki, IU, Kang Ha-neul, Hong Jong-hyeon, Nam Joo-hyeok, Baekhyun and Ji Soo.

Episode 13

Watch on DramaFever

source : Hancinema

• Like 6

"Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" Seohyun, fun times with Lee Joon-ki and Nam Joo-hyeok

photo769327.jpg

Girls' Generation member Seohyun took a picture.

She posted a picture on her Instagram on the 5th.

Seohyun took a picture with Nam Joo-hyeok and Lee Joon-ki.

In the meanwhile, Seohyun kissed Nam Joo-hyeok before they parted on the episode of "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" on the 4th.

Source : www.xportsnews.com/?a...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 9

11 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

Nam Sang Mi's torture scene was particularly awful to watch :( But it showed how a great actress she is (yes I like her very very much). Good thing we got spared to actually witness Hae Soo's one, but I think it's a missed opportunity for her to showcase her acting. But better for our health though. It breaks my heart how Hae Soo is limping around now.

I'd like to add Gong Hyo Jin, Jung Yumi, Hwang Jung Eum, Yoon Eun Hye and Seo Hyun Jin to the list. Personal favorites and close to his age so either one of them I'd be very happy. I don't know how they would match as couples but they have great acting chops and if the story is worth it I'd be totally excited. 

I think he would match very well with Han Ji Min, look wise. They had an opportunity to work together, when he was courted for Angel Eyes and so was she right ? But they eventually both turned it down.

Jun Gi and Han Ji-Min were going to work together in Hero, she had already confirmed as the female lead in the drama but later abandoned it and MBC picked up actress Kim Min-jung in her place, who a week before the drama's scheduled premiere also had to drop out the drama due to injury sustained while filming drama Strike Love that went unattended too long. At end MBC picked up Yoon So-yi to be the last-minute replacement of Kim Min-jung in Hero.

Dramabeans posted articles about this. These are the links.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/08/lee-junki-and-han-ji-min-together-in-hero/

http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/11/hero-in-danger-of-losing-lead-actress/

http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/11/yoon-soyi-pinch-hits-for-hero-as-new-leading-lady/

• Like 7

"Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" Lee Joon-ki cries in IU's arms

photo769323.jpg

Lee Joon-ki cried in IU's arms.

On the thirteenth episode of the SBS drama "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo", Wang Gun (Jo Min-ki) died.

Baek Ah (Nam Joo-hyeok) found out Woo Hee (Seohyun) planned to kill Wang Gun. He stopped her and got stabbed in the process. Wang Gun fell unconscious and everything went up in chaos. Baek Ah made Woo Hee run away.

Wang Gun came to but sensed that he was dying and said, "Will the Koryeo last forever? It's your fight now. Take care of Jeong Yoon and the fourth Prince". He called Hae-soo (IU) and told her that the prince who asked about his death would be the Emperor. Then he told her to bring Wang Moo (Kim San-ho).

Later, the eighth prince Wang Wook (Kang Ha-neul) told Hae-soo, "I'll become the emperor for you. It has begun. Jeong Yoon won't be back. So, all you have to do is not tell anyone and just wait for me. The emperor is gone". However, Hae-soo avoided him.

The third prince Wang Yo headed to the War of Cheondeok with Wang Wook. However, it turned out that Wang Wook held hands with Jeong Yoon and Wang Moo and betrayed Wang Yo (Hong Jong-hyeon). Choi Ji-mong (Kim Seong-gyoon) delivered the news that Emperor was dead and Wang Moo was in the throne. In that process, Wang Wook and Hae-soo couldn't trust each other.

The fourth prince Wang So (Lee Joon-ki) cried in Hae-soo's arms saying, "I thought maybe you would understand me although you might not forgive me. I stabbed my brother". Hae-soo comforted Wang So.

Hae-soo's prediction that Wang So will become the next emperor might just be true.

Source : www.xportsnews.com/?a...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 8

Spoiler

Lee Joon-gi’s fame is entering its 2nd prime.  The clips from Moon Lover Scarlet Heart: Ryeo ( hereafter MLSHR) are ranking no.1 play times at online portal sites and Lee Joon-gi is constantly on the real time search rank or weekly rank.   MLSHR is being aired at the same time in China and the reactions in China are also notable in that LJG took the top place of popular Korean male actor in China list since the drama started broadcasting.    According to his agency, Lee has over 16 mil weibo followers and the Chinese movie”Never Said Goodbye” scored the most viewers on opening among the melodrama movies that were released in China. The ‘hot’ responses come from the influx of new fans since the drama airing along with the long term fans.    Let alone China, there are presents and requests for fan meeting coming from Japan and North America.   His agency Namooactors said “Thanks to the mobile streaming and real time airing service, we realize Lee Joon-gi’s popularity has got greater. His fans from all over the world visit the agency. And overseas fan meeting are under consideration now.   

Source: http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0002994461&lfrom=twitter  Brief trans&summary  by Elly@JGfamily

https://www.facebook.com/notes/jgfamily/lee-joon-gi-in-his-2nd-prime-to-take-over-north-america/1382795678415466

• Like 12

19 hours ago, dejun said:

@cedarwood  If you still want to watch Never Say Goodbye movie with english subs, I will let you know if you are still keen. :)

Sure I am! You know where to find the movie? Please PM me! <3

Hell that could happen in my country made me so worried that I couldn't focus but I finally saw 2 new episodes.

I wanted to shake Hae Soo. After one year she only cares if Wook missed her? Wook is an interesting character but not with Soo anymore. When it comes to Soo he showed how awfull swine he could be. He left her, then never took care of her after she dissapeared and he only cried like a baby. I wasn't sorry for him at all. I was more keen to kick his a**. Sorry for saying that and using such a nasty word.

I hope she sees him now the way he is and that she'll forget about him. Hope so! It's time for her to finally love Wang So, he so deserves to be loved. :wub:

Wang So? Is there a man I could love more? And that could be so different from Wook??? Wook wants the throne and he leaves Soo for that. So thinks about taking the throne for her, so he could win her heart. I don't know maybe it's Joon Gi's work only that he can show so many complicated inner things about him that the character is so much loved by me (and not just me I guess). I'm so glad it's him who took that role. I can't imagine other actors doing his part. Sure there are plenty as talented as he is but... no, it's Joon Gi's role. And I love him to pieces in this drama.

(If you have any doubt - no I don't dislike Kang Ha Neul, he's doing one fantastic job on his part.)

Oh... btw... Joon Gi takes off mask perfectly since 2005 (if you remember his first seconds in The kind and the clown). I loved 2 moments (well more than 2 but I want to focus on those) in episode 2 - when he puts on his old mask - the change in his face is as if old Wang So appeared (and he probably did!) and the second - when he took off the mask for Hae Soo. I mean... show me a man more beautiful than he was in this moment. There's none in the world! :wub:

• Like 9

LJG and masks or clothes that are covering his face *Joseon Gunman* is a love story. His face fits them so well - even the weird Iljimae's mask :P Who is looking more badass than LJK with a mask, or LJG on a horse, or LJG with a sword, or LJG's doing air kicks ? On that ML hit the right notes and got the perfect actor ;) I'm glad he is getting so much love for his portraying of Wang So. And like the article mentioned, it might be his second peak in term of popularity. Wang So is a great character on paper, but I doubt he would be as nuanced, powerful and charismatic yet vulnerable if it wasn't LJG playing him.

I'm glad people not only noticed his good looks but also got amazed by his acting skills. 

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

LJG and masks or clothes that are covering his face *Joseon Gunman* is a love story. His face fits them so well - even the weird Iljimae's mask :P Who is looking more badass than LJK with a mask, or LJG on a horse, or LJG with a sword, or LJG's doing air kicks ? On that ML hit the right notes and got the perfect actor ;) I'm glad he is getting so much love for his portraying of Wang So. And like the article mentioned, it might be his second peak in term of popularity. Wang So is a great character on paper, but I doubt he would be as nuanced, powerful and charismatic yet vulnerable if it wasn't LJG playing him.

I'm glad people not only noticed his good looks but also got amazed by his acting skills. 

The mask highlights those unique, gorgeous eyes

• Like 9

On 3 October 2016 at 11:23 AM, smitten1710 said:

@hayperreality  Question. Did he get surgery in his chin/jaw? I noticed that in Arang his face is a bit rounder but in SHR, it got leaner on the jaw area.

In an interview he said he only had laser surgery for his sight and surgery for his front teeth.  In SHR he was told by the director to loose weight for the role and he lost quite a bit, that's why his jaw is more pronounced.  

You can see his pictures from baby until now and judge whether he had plastic surgery or not.

he didnt get surgery for sure. i can assure everyone. I've watched him since 2006 and he looks completely the same. he just got older and lost a lot of weight.

• Like 7

On 30 September 2016 at 8:43 AM, sukbin said:

I read about that too, with China and Korea being most sensitive when come to Japan. Actually, most of the Southeast Asian countries (excluding Thailand) were under Japanese occupation and subject to a lot of brutalities which is common during war. But putting aside this irrelevant subject, I guess their sensitivity levels are higher compare to us, those originating from Southeast Asia. Having visited China, Korea and Japan and being Asian, tbh, the people from these 3 countries actually have quite a lot in common including their physical traits. But the most glaring difference would be Koreans are comparatively taller than Japanese. And we may need to agree to disagree on this, I still think he does look more like Japanese.

@willenette @leesopark16 Yes, there was an article on this and he was in fact the first choice for the male lead in Chuno/Slave Hunter. Tbh, I don't enjoy the drama, as @cedarwood mentioned, too many shirtless scenes and let's just say, I am not fond of the male lead doing too much screaming. I don't know whether the endless screaming was required for the role but my mom was a fan of that particular actor who replaced Jun Ki, only to drop the drama and lose all interest in him because of the torturous screaming. Nonetheless, Jang Hyuk won Baeksang's Best Actor for Chuno. 

And yes, @elisluvgeunscouple he was also the first choice for Faith but having to drop out because of his military enlistment, only to be replaced by Kang Ji Hwan who managed to shoot a few scenes but dropped out due to contractual dispute with his agency and then only Lee Min Ho stepped in. But thank goodness he did not do that drama. I am sorry but Faith was a mess.

asdfhgkggl he doesn't look japanese he has a very trademark korean flower boy style to his face !!!! not the flower boy look every korean boy group calls themselves rn but true original flower boy look , he looks very korean , eyes nose and face shape. refer to his my girl styling !!! i think that was when he struck me as super korean look ! :P

• Like 5

Guest proudme

"Lee Joon-gi in ‘his 2nd prime’ to take over North America"

Reading and hearing this my happiness and smiles goes above my ears.. After 10 years he made it again. 

The last 2 episodes were a bit too rushed (don't know if the problem still on editing or it's now the writer's fault). There's a lot of things happened off screen. How I wish that this is more than 20 episodes. My favorite scene is wangso flashback, the smiles in his eyes have so many feels. And the action scene is awesome no slow motion. 

4 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

Lol to the weird Iljimae mask, but I guess that is hardest mask he have, his eyes is the only one do the act and it's hard to see the entire reaction of his face. And the breathing while fighting. LJG played WS perfectly and unique, it's hard to see any actor played WS in ML.

2 hours ago, Claudia Koh said:

asdfhgkggl he doesn't look japanese he has a very trademark korean flower boy style to his face !!!! not the flower boy look every korean boy group calls themselves rn but true original flower boy look , he looks very korean , eyes nose and face shape. refer to his my girl styling !!! i think that was when he struck me as super korean look ! :P

For me what makes him look japanese is his manga hairsyle. He exactly look like a real human manga character.

20 hours ago, Mona Ys said:

Congratulations for 1M followers LJG-ssi :) hope the rating will keep going up too..... Go SHR!

Hi Mona Ys ye, congratulations to LJK that he has one million followers on Instagram! Actually, he posted on his IG with a caption (with his usual cute emojis), “1M Thanks & Love.” Lee Joon Gi’s Instagram has been followed by more than 600,000 users since the premiere of “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo.” LJK have various fans :  from middle school and high school students. So NICE to see that despite of his busy schedules he still has time to update his social media. This is the only way to communicate with his fans. And I can see that he enjoys doing things with his fans. Again, congratulations on reaching one million followers, Lee Joon Gi! :P

• Like 13

***  Congratulations to everyone! I'm so proud of LJK!  As expected he's amazing! Good job. Daebak! He deserves every accolade for how hard he works.  He's getting the recognition he deserves. :P

Who are the most popular Korean actors and idols in China?

Lay, Victoria, and G-Dragon continue to rank high on Sina's Star Ranking chart in China. Noteworthy is EXO's Sehun soaring up to 46th place; he is currently in the midst of filming 'My Dear Archimedes,' a Chinese web-drama. Additionally, EXO wrapped up a concert in Hangzhou on September 30 with big success. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINk here : http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/10/who-are-the-most-popular-korean-actors-and-idols-in-china

• Like 8