Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

On 1/9/2019 at 8:13 AM, hiluna said:

I just watched the first episode of The Crowned Clown and although I like Yeo Jin Goo, I can't help but think of our LJG taking on that role since he did The King and the Clown. He could have played both a mad king and a clown :P

So true - I can already imagine all those expression he would show us in his eyes alone. JG does want to play the role of King Yeonsan (the king in the King and the Clown), doesn't he? So maybe a modern drama or a film where he plays a dual role - both the hero and the villain? Or even a saguek. I don't mind - I just miss him. Hopefully, he'll announce about the new project soon - at least in February. His schedule is free in February so far, so pretty please? wow1 onion head

On 1/9/2019 at 12:21 PM, happyfanlgx said:

JG updated his IG

And he "borrowed" an angel's edit for this update... ;)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

Some more pics from the Namoo Actor's 15th Family Day:

Looks like our boy had lots of fun last night! And he is simply glowing!! :wub:

Hi bluelilac, thanks for sharing the pictures + the clip. LJK had so much fun indeed during this Family Day event. :P

Seeing is believing…

• Like 6

More updates from namoo party

Translation of Seo Ye Hwa's(lawless lawyer co-star) caption:

@bluelilac1214 @joybran

long time no see.

tumblr_p6lxixBgXT1spfigfo5_400.gif

8 hours ago, joybran said:

The Lady's name is Do Ji-won and they were together in Flying Boys(2004) The lady next to her is Park Min-young -his co-star in Candy in my ear(season 2) :heart:

The world of Korean entertainment is so small. Not only did both actresses work with JG, but they also worked with each other a couple of times. Most notably, Do Ji Won played Park Min Young's mother in Healer in 2015. Can you believe DJW is 52 years old? No wonder JG called her sunbaenim at the Namoo party. 

Also, all three of them starred in dramas with Ji Chang Wook, with whom they are all still friends. I don't know about DJW, but JG and PMY both supported JCW at the premiere of his movie Fabricated City. JCW had his last supporting role in JG's 2009 drama Hero. DJW starred as JCW's mother in his first lead role in 2010's Smile, Dong Hae. And, of course, JCW and PMY were the leads in Healer.

Its a small world indeed.I also think Do Ji Won and Lee Joon Gi are very close.If you see all the footage of Kim Joo Hyuk's(He was a namoo actor too) funeral.They were next to each other all the time(crying together and walking together).

• Like 4

4 hours ago, violina said:

long time no see.

Hiiii!

iylKwXo.jpg

And I'm happy to be back too

Even more pics from last night:

Is it just me or is the guy in the pic above was in TBDAW? :huh:

It's raining JG today and I can't be happier! happy dancing crazy rabbit

He has the softest and sweetest smile and the prettiest eyes :wub:

• Like 4

8 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

So true - I can already imagine all those expression he would show us in his eyes alone. JG does want to play the role of King Yeonsan (the king in the King and the Clown), doesn't he? So maybe a modern drama or a film where he plays a dual role - both the hero and the villain? Or even a saguek. I don't mind - I just miss him. Hopefully, he'll announce about the new project soon - at least in February. His schedule is free in February so far, so pretty please? wow1 onion head

I'm SO READY info onion headfor an announcement regarding his next project!!  And yes, count me in as one of the many who thinks he would SLAY a role where he has duality! Don't waste this man's talent!  Or beautifully long bangs right now!

Thanks for the info @joybran !

I was actually pricing out trips to Bangkok because basically, my 2 Korean loves were going to be there on the same weekend.  Minho and JG. Now if it was full SHINee...I might spend the major bucks.  I just cannot justify over 1000 bucks even though the odds of this schedule happening again are nil.  If only I won the lottery!  That and I also looked at my schedule.  I work that weekend. UGH. 

Anybody here get the Just Go Love merchandise?  I've been contemplating the long sleeve shirt <<<I don't have many but I don't need many where I live>>> 

Wait...did I just see @glassnokamen in here?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

Hiiii!

And I'm happy to be back too

Is it just me or is the guy in the pic above was in TBDAW? :huh:

It's raining JG today and I can't be happier! happy dancing crazy rabbit

The guy from TBDAW that you are thinking about is Sung Ji Ru. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sung_Ji-ru

He and Yoon Je Moon are about the same age and resemble each other. Also, they are both the kind of character actors you see in lots of supporting roles and recognize their faces but not their names. Yoon Je Moon has done a lot more movies and had more main roles.

It looks like all that JG rain has brought out the lurkers like me who haven't posted much lately. I can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly appreciate the people who have kept this forum alive with beautiful JG content while I have been lurking.

• Like 5

More from Namoo Actors Anniversary Party

5 hours ago, happyfanlgx said:

He wasn't in Time...!:) His name is Yoon Je-moon https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoon_Je-moon

Dont know if you watched a drama by actress Ha Ji Won and Actor Lee Seung Gi called "The King 2 Hearts".He was the villain.A very memorable villain.

@glassnokamen @pixelsticks

Hello:)

tumblr_odrrvh8iFH1spfigfo1_400.gif

2 hours ago, joybran said:

It looks like all that JG rain has brought out the lurkers like me who haven't posted much lately. I can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly appreciate the people who have kept this forum alive with beautiful JG content while I have been lurking.

I hope JG rain continues to pour so that more lurkers come out:D.It was getting really lonely here.

Come out all JG Angels!!The thread is much more fun with y'all around.

tumblr_olfv6ds2lf1vng8dpo4_400.gif

• Like 3

12 hours ago, violina said:

Dont know if you watched a drama by actress Ha Ji Won and Actor Lee Seung Gi called "The King 2 Hearts".He was the villain.A very memorable villain.

I haven't seen it :) Anyway, I'm sure you're right.Seeing them together in this pic it's enough for me bc I'm thinking JG don't like to be linked to bad person or talentless actors:)

On 1/11/2019 at 6:02 PM, violina said:

VIOLINA!!!!  My JG champion!  

On 1/11/2019 at 6:02 PM, violina said:

I hope JG rain continues to pour so that more lurkers come out:D.It was getting really lonely here.

Come out all JG Angels!!The thread is much more fun with y'all around.

C'mon JG....your angels are waiting for some casting news!!  We are thirsty for any tidbits of new roles, characters, filming schedules, etc.  I want him to get a role before all the other actors whistling onion head return from the military this year.  

In the meantime, I do have DELIGHT on shuffle on my SPOTIFY!!  What is everyone's fave song? 

My FAVE found JG photo today....

• Like 3

I have less than 24 hours to decide....

Tshirt or long sleeved shirt....

https://represent.com/leejoongi

And I always wanted to do this after I saw the LOGO....

And onto Kdrama casting news....

did anyone read this???

https://www.soompi.com/article/1292309wpp/tvn-responds-new-reports-hong-sisterss-next-drama-ius-potential-casting

and

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/iu-upcoming-drama-hotel-del-luna/

Could JG be considering the Hotelier role????

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pixelsticks said:

https://represent.com/leejoongi

And onto Kdrama casting news....

did anyone read this???

https://www.soompi.com/article/1292309wpp/tvn-responds-new-reports-hong-sisterss-next-drama-ius-potential-casting

and

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/iu-upcoming-drama-hotel-del-luna/

Could JG be considering the Hotelier role????

I ordered the bucket hat. He has been wearing those hats a lot lately, but I have no idea how it will look on me. Probably awful. :D

That casting news is really interesting. JG just said very recently that he wants to do a fantasy romance, which is what this sounds like. And didn't the Hong sisters write My Girl? That would be a cool reunion. My Girl was my worst case of Second Lead Syndrome, and I don't think I was alone.

JG's last two dramas have been on tvN. Criminal Minds was a disappointment, but Lawless Lawyer did well. He might want to get back to a broadcast network, but I imagine tvN wants him to stay with them.

The biggest thing is that IU is confirmed as the female lead. They are known to be good friends and have great chemistry. I thought JG acted circles around her in Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo, but she is much better in modern dramas. There are so many people longing for the second season of MLSHR, which will never happen. This would be the next best thing for all those people. I will be very happy if he takes the Hotelier role!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, joybran said:

I ordered the bucket hat. He has been wearing those hats a lot lately, but I have no idea how it will look on me. Probably awful. :D

That casting news is really interesting. JG just said very recently that he wants to do a fantasy romance, which is what this sounds like. And didn't the Hong sisters write My Girl? That would be a cool reunion. My Girl was my worst case of Second Lead Syndrome, and I don't think I was alone.

JG's last two dramas have been on tvN. Criminal Minds was a disappointment, but Lawless Lawyer did well. He might want to get back to a broadcast network, but I imagine tvN wants him to stay with them.

The biggest thing is that IU is confirmed as the female lead. They are known to be good friends and have great chemistry. I thought JG acted circles around her in Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo, but she is much better in modern dramas. There are so many people longing for the second season of MLSHR, which will never happen. This would be the next best thing for all those people. I will be very happy if he takes the Hotelier role!

For me honestly.I wouldnt be keen on him taking this drama for the following reasons.One and most importantly, the Hong Sisters havent written a good script in a long time.I think since master's sun."Big" and "Warm and Cozy" were flops.I have liked some of their dramas but one common fearure in most of them, they lean toward childishness.JG said one of his criteria for choosing dramas is those one with brainy scripts or the one with depth that can evoke many emotions from the audience.Two, tvn CG for romance fantasy dramas is atrocious.Hwayugi, gyeryong fairy tale drama, and bride of the water god are good examples.Three, the casting trail for this drama was Jun Ji Hyun first, when it didnt work out, the offer went to IU who is also not confirmed.This means the main protagonist or should I say the one driving the plot is the female lead.That means the one who will play the male lead is going to be playing somewhat a supporting role.Knowing how Joon Gi is:D, I dont think he would take an offer like that yet unless the lead actress is his senior or someone with same level of acting experience.They said this drama will air in the second half of this year, my bet is..the male lead will be one of the younger guys who are coming back from the army.It would be interesting to see him do a modern romance fantasy since he already did sageuk ones(arang and scholar) and tvn is still the real deal nowadays for drama and jtbc but I hope he chooses wisely.Whatever, he decides, il support though:D i miss him onscreen.

• Like 5

I want a SBS drama because it would give him a bigger popularity in the International Film Industry and, of course, better opportunities for his career as a movie actor ...so he could join for a great movie and achieves the Big Prize he is dreaming for so many years

As for TVN...I saw how they awarded their actors (no connection with acting skills..and a :dissapointed: voting system) ...so better not a TVN again

• Like 2

On 1/11/2019 at 9:29 PM, glassnokamen said:

:wub::wub::ph34r::ph34r::phew::phew:

crazy monkey 075  Did I really just see @glassnokamen's post here??? SIX emojis???? Is this real life or fantasy????? shock1 onion head

On 1/11/2019 at 9:41 PM, pixelsticks said:

I was actually pricing out trips to Bangkok because basically, my 2 Korean loves were going to be there on the same weekend.  Minho and JG. Now if it was full SHINee...I might spend the major bucks.  I just cannot justify over 1000 bucks even though the odds of this schedule happening again are nil.  If only I won the lottery!  That and I also looked at my schedule.  I work that weekend. UGH.

Noooooo! If everything would work out, you could've seen both of them. Live. In person. depressed1 onion head  Let's hope that you'll get a better opportunity to meet them.

On 1/11/2019 at 9:41 PM, pixelsticks said:

Anybody here get the Just Go Love merchandise?  I've been contemplating the long sleeve shirt <<<I don't have many but I don't need many where I live>>>

I did order. If only the shipping costs were not tear-inducingly high, I could’ve contributed more to this good cause. Why must I live so far away??? crying1 onion head

On 1/11/2019 at 11:09 PM, happyfanlgx said:

He wasn't in Time...!:) His name is Yoon Je-moon https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoon_Je-moon

On 1/12/2019 at 1:47 AM, joybran said:

The guy from TBDAW that you are thinking about is Sung Ji Ru. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sung_Ji-ru

He and Yoon Je Moon are about the same age and resemble each other. Also, they are both the kind of character actors you see in lots of supporting roles and recognize their faces but not their names. Yoon Je Moon has done a lot more movies and had more main roles.

Thank you both of you for the info. :wub: At the angle and with longer hair, I was a bit confused - they looked very similar to me. :sweatingbullets:

On 1/12/2019 at 1:47 AM, joybran said:

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I should’ve said this when I delurked: thank you so much to all the lovely angels who kept updating in this forum. I am so very grateful to all of you.

jHrJsyX.gif

On 1/12/2019 at 4:32 AM, violina said:

I watched it. He was a very memorable and despicable villain. Such great acting!

On 1/12/2019 at 4:32 AM, violina said:

I’m so sorry I’ve been bad at posting here. :tears: And I must say, I really missed discussing and cheering and swooning and screaming like a banshee about JG here with all of you. As you said, the more the merrier! Hope that many more angels would come and join us.

On 1/12/2019 at 6:38 PM, violina said:

Another post from Namoo Actors Anniversary Party:

How does he keep getting so young and beautiful? Look at that sweet smile! admire2 onion head

On 1/13/2019 at 7:45 AM, pixelsticks said:

C'mon JG....your angels are waiting for some casting news!!  We are thirsty for any tidbits of new roles, characters, filming schedules, etc.  I want him to get a role before all the other actors  return from the military this year.  

Yes! Yesss!! And YES!!!  I’m so afraid that we won’t be seeing him in any projects in the first half of 2019. I miss seeing him slaying whatever role he does. And all the possible outfits he’d wear and the hairstyles he’d have. Will I get my leather-jacket wearing JG at least in his next project? And the exposed Pretty Forehead too…. wow1 onion head I’m so ready to fall in love with a new JG character.

On 1/13/2019 at 7:45 AM, pixelsticks said:

In the meantime, I do have DELIGHT on shuffle on my SPOTIFY!!  What is everyone's fave song? 

Gah! That’s such a difficult question. I just can’t pick one song. So can I just say that I all of them are my favourites? crazy monkey 095

Oh, do you guys have any idea when the For Us Japanese version will be released?

@violina @happyfanlgx And I haven’t backread yet, but have there been any discussions about the lyrics of Can’t Be Slow and Accepted? You know, for research purposes? crazy monkey 039  embarrassed1 onion head

10 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Sooooo…… have you decided yet???? Not even 24 hour left!!! Only 17 hours more as of now.

10 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

And I always wanted to do this after I saw the LOGO....

I ABSOLUTELY love this!!! :wub: I missed seeing your JG edits so very much.

I ordered the bucket hat. He has been wearing those hats a lot lately, but I have no idea how it will look on me. Probably awful.

I’m sure it will look good on you. -_- I too wanted the bucket hat, but I have a large head, so I wasn’t sure. :sweatingbullets:

That casting news is really interesting. JG just said very recently that he wants to do a fantasy romance, which is what this sounds like.

The biggest thing is that IU is confirmed as the female lead. They are known to be good friends and have great chemistry.

It is very interesting. JG and IU have such great chemistry so I really want to see them together in a project. But would he do it though? It sounds very much like a female lead centric drama, which would not sit well with JG. Unless they tweak the story to fit him in, I don’t think this will work out.

But I can imagine him in a dual role in this project - assuming it’s focused on him – the evil ghost and the leading man. Do you remember the game they played on Knowing Bros where they have to act the titles of the movies? He did a perfect evil face. So yes, while I’d love to see him play a negative role, (and as I very much like to see him get a happy ending) and the good guy, I don’t know how practical this is. 

4 hours ago, happyfanlgx said:

I love he respects his fans and appreciates their gifts

I love it so much too – he is such a sweetheart, always so kind and patient with his angels! :wub: And I’m sure he would have been lurking to see the fan’s reaction after noticing their gift is being worn by him. :P

2 hours ago, violina said:

For me honestly.I wouldnt be keen on him taking this drama for the following reasons.

I agree with the whole thing. And you said so eloquently what I wanted to say – thank you! love-shower-smiley.gif?1292867634

2 hours ago, violina said:

It would be interesting to see him do a modern romance fantasy since he already did sageuk ones(arang and scholar) and tvn is still the real deal nowadays for drama and jtbc but I hope he chooses wisely.Whatever, he decides, il support though:D i miss him onscreen.

Yessss! His features are perfect for romance fantasy too. He’s always done quite serious roles in modern dramas, so I’m down for some romantic comedy, regardless whether it is fantasy or not. And if he decides that he is going to make us cry and tear our hearts into millions of pieces, I’m okay with that too. As you said, I trust his decisions. And I miss him so, so much onscreen. depressed2 onion head

That reminds me, this is him teasing the fans when they told him to do any project soon:

1 hour ago, happyfanlgx said:

I want a SBS drama because it would give him a bigger popularity in the International Film Industry and, of course, better opportunities for his career as a movie actor ...so he could join for a great movie and achieves the Big Prize he is dreaming for so many years

I completely understand you. Lawless Lawyer and Mr Bong are one of the best in their categories, but they were not recognized in the Korean award shows, if I’m not mistaken. The only consolation I have is that he received the Best Male Asian Star Award in Singapore. And he did not receive Daesang for the portrayal of Wang So – yes, I’m still bitter about it, because he deserved better. So I too would really like it if his talents and hard work are appreciated in the form of awards also.

More pretty pics from Namoo Family Day:

Sorry about the mini essay. crazy monkey 095

And I'll leave with this:

love you crazy rabbit

• Like 4