Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

Hi all,

It's been a long time. I drop by just to say how happy and thankful I am that FINALLY, our beloved Lee Jun Ki having a legit hit drama under his belt with positive reviews. 

I wasn't expecting LL ratings to even surpass "Misty" tbh but they did it and I am feeling over the moon about it. The rating has been consistently high since its debut and it is just impressive that LL ended with a bang especially during this time of World Cup fever. Truthfully, I am still stalling at episode 6 (because sadly, "My Ajusshi" has basically destroyed my drama palette in a very good way that I need to get it out of my system before I can watch any other drama for now) but I will catch up later.

LJK has every reason to celebrate and as much as LL is the collective effort of all the great casts and production, it's no doubt that LJK being credited the most for it being a massive hit. So proud of him and I am sure, he finally feel rewarded and  appreciated.

Again, the skinny frame is a concern (although I know he is perfectly fit and healthy) so I hope he would pack on some pounds because I do miss that chubby cheeks and the glimpse of Wang So (during earlier episodes of MLSHR). And although I wanted a good rest for him, can I just be a little greedy and hoping he will come back with another drama soon (hoping for a sageuk here) and advisable to just stay with the cable networks (tvN, jtbc or OCN) where they have better writers and production teams. SBS, KBS and MBC are very much dead these days.

Spoiler

There's a new sageuk with my fave PD Kim Won Suk (My Ajusshi, Signal, Misaeng) helming and the formidable writing duo of Queen Seondeok, Deep Rooted Trees and 6 Flying Dragons' Fame in the works, and although Song Joong Ki has been courted for the lead, he has yet to confirm and in some way, I hope and pray that he won't take the role and hoping it will land on our LJK's lap instead. Can I just hope.

• Like 7

@glassnokamen thank you as always for being my official JG insta post notifier! the last one is sublime!!!!

@violina I'm in heaven thanks to the ratings news! almost 10% en Seoul!!! it was a great achievement. in a time slot where most of the people are hanging out of house (specially on saturdays) with World Cup...it wasn't an easy task and LL cast and crew make it posible. no one can say LL wasn't a hit! It was a hit! and I'm the happiest of fans... And LJG was great in it... he deserves this success so much. after so much struggling, so much badmouthing, finally korean audience recognize his work with good ratings!!!!

@willenette @violina @bluelilac1214 @roseyyyy thank you again and again for so many goodies... i'm all heart shaped eyes!!!!

@leesopark16 @lyserose go marathon it asap!!! you won't regret it. it's an awesome drama! there's nothing lacking about it (well maybe a little more romance in the last part) but it has a great and entertaining story, never a dull moment. it has not only a solid cast, but an amazing cast, seriously my jaw dropped so many times at the great acting, and in the middle of all those wonderful performances our LJG always managed to shine bright! Bong Sang Pil must be one of my favorite characters ever and Wang So was very nervous because he was afraid he might loose his place. lol. Luckily @bluelilac1214 gave me the perfect solution: Wang So is reigning in my period fantasies and BSP in my modern ones. lol lol.

@lyserose about your new drama suggestion... that would be wonderful. i'll be crossing all fingers and toes... let's hope together. Soompi Powers at full force

About wrap up party... OMG LJG is pretty in pink. i'm blinded by his beauty and his smiles... i had so much yet to watch and check. i promise i will do a parade of my fave pics asap

7 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

More pretty!!! I'm floored

I don't know how you managed to select just a few pictures, there were so many and all so beautiful. as i hate the idea of them not being posted, i will add a few:

6764-12.jpg?type=w1200

8254-12.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

8492-12.jpg?type=w12007184-12.jpg?type=w12002408-12.jpg?type=w1200

Adorable!

8739-12.jpg?type=w1200

8635-12.jpg?type=w12008465-12.jpg?type=w1200

please guys go check the rest and droll and give a heart!

I'm not sure if those were posted here, from http://program.tving.com/tvn/lawlesslawyer/3/Board/List?page=1

8QCCXV2LBPTQFGV6GKY3.jpg

Spoiler

C5N4M3G6EJH8FAUPWIK9.jpg

My smile for today

2503-12.jpg?type=w1200

Edited by antoniaclamens
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

I totally agree with everything you said. And yes, I watched it live and was beyond happy with the very clear happy ending! yesss crazy rabbit I love the BTS and the Bromance so much. It's impossible to not fall for JG even more when you watch all those BTS videos! crazy monkey 003 I will miss Mr Bong and seeing JG on a weekly basis so much. And he might come back to us quickly according to this...

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe we wouldn't have to wait for too long...

Reveal hidden contents

Hi bluelilac, thanks for sharing this. At least, he assured us that he's coming back shortly. We won't wait too long. :P

• Like 3

7 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

Some more wrap up party videos:

he's flooded with flowers lol

Hi antoniaclamens, thanks for sharing the videos. Ye, he's flooded with flowers & stuff. I love his get-up & love his heels & his pink shirt. :P

• Like 3

tumblr_pbalfbLdXv1w2cbngo1_540.jpg

Another Success from “Time Between Dog and Wolf” Duo; Lee Joon-Gi makes a glorious comeback with “Lawless Lawyer”

(source: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0003045652)

Actor Lee Joon-gi has made a glorious return to the small screen.

On July 1, tvN’s weekend drama “Lawless Lawyer,” led by Lee Joon-gi, aired its final episode. ‘Evil-busting’ legal/action drama “Lawless Lawyer” tells the story of a ‘lawless’ lawyer who initially uses his fists rather than the law but grows into a true ‘fighting’ lawyer taking on absolute power. In “Lawless Lawyer,” Lee Joon-gi has delivered a committed performance as ‘Bong Sang-pil,’ gangster-turned-lawyer who’s mastered the law and martial arts.

According to Nielson Korea, the finale of “Lawless Lawyer” averaged 8.9% and peaked at 10.2% in national ratings based on viewership data from cable, satellite, and IPTV platforms, which brought the drama to a new ratings high and to a successful end.

Even before its premiere, “Lawless Lawyer” generated buzz as the celebrated duo of “Time between Dog and Wolf,” director Kim Jin-min and actor Lee Joon-gi reunited after 11 years apart.

During the production presentation, Lee Joon-gi revealed, “The director convinced me by saying, ‘If [this project] becomes another turning point for Lee Joon-gi’s career after ‘Time between Dog and Wolf,’ then wouldn’t it help you stay in this acting job for another 10 years?’ I was so touched by his words. I chose this project hoping that working with him [director] would help me break out of my old habits and mannerisms.”

By turning in a performance that switches between cunning and seriousness, as well as his signature ‘all-out’ action performance, Lee Joon-gi has proven yet again he’s a solid, reliable actor; he’s shown that director Kim Jin-min made the right decision by casting him.

“Lawless Lawyer” has become another successful, career-defining work for Lee Joon-gi, years after “Time between Dog and Wolf.” Now, all eyes are on the next move Lee Joon-gi will make after his glorious return to the small screen.

Translation Credit: https://allaboutjoongi.tumblr.com/

• Like 6

Yeayyy :D so happy with the final rating, even peaked at 10,2% wow. Considering it's a spring season, a perfect weather to go out at weekend, combined with the wave of euphoria of the worldcup ... it's not an easy job to make people sit in front of tv to watch a revenge-and-law-theme drama.  Well, LJG and all of the LL team deserved it after all of their hardwork. 

The wrap up party looks like he's having a special fan meeting on street. Love to see him surrounded by flowers. 

I watched V-live after the finale, and he was sooo adorable.  The english subtitles was not good, there were many moments when it didn't appear at all, but just by looking at him, his gesture, his facial expression, all are very very amusing that I forgot I didn't understand what he said LOL.

He happily greeted and answered fans questions.
Fortunately, there are some funny moment during Q&A session when the english subtitle appeared.

Fan               : please gain more weight!
JG                 : I'm trying... I really trying!
Another Fan: please don't gain more weight!
JG                 : Then what should i do?

*LOL*

Fan                : What genre are you planing to do?

JG                 : I'm reviewing many scripts 
Fan                : Do historical drama
JG                 : I'm open to anything, but maybe not historical drama this time.

I even think of a villain character in movie although i'm not the lead actor, i like a character that give influence to the movie

Fan                : Don't do villain character!

Another Fan : I want to watch you acting villain!

*LOL*

Fan                : Please do rom-com

JG                  : That's also possible

Another Fan : No bed scene!

Another Fan : and no kiss scene!

I guess it's hard to grant all of fans wishes right?*LOL*

Someone ask him to end the v-live

JG                  : Don't ask me to end it! I've (enjoyed) talking too much with my fans

*LOL*

Btw, regarding his fans concern about him loosing more weight, here is his answer:

He knew many people concern about his weight, He really appreciates it. However, he is currently portraying Bong Sang Pil, a character who suffered for 18 years, that is why he looks thinner. He is not sick. He's perfectly healthy. He regularly checks his physical condition, including blood test, all the results are good... except cholesterol (fair enough, i know he's meat lover LOL but try to lower it if possible ok). He likes his current weight while shooting action scenes, because with his thinner body, he got less injured. 

Agree with him, his body is perfect for his action scene in Lawless Lawyer, so slick, sophisticated choreography in jiujitsu style (that i've never seen before), and effortlesly executed by him. 

So, no worries JG angels, he said he's healthy, he'll try his best to gain weight, or at least he said he won't lose wight more.

With all news about high drama rating, good acting recognition from viewers, health confirmation, currently reviewing many scripts, I guess I'm the happiest fan in the JG world who is patiently waiting for his next project... yesss... make it soonest please *pray* aghhh... miss him already LOL

• Like 6

On 7/2/2018 at 6:23 PM, bluelilac1214 said:

It was a very exciting ride as you said - always with unexpected twists. And Mr Bong is LOVE:wub:  I'm not ready to let go of Mr Bong either. I don't want to. I won't let go of him, just like Wang So. :wub::wub:  Oh, I need to rewatch LL too. I just wonder how much time I will take to watch each episode; it will surely be more than one hour - you know, due to research purposes... crazy monkey 195

On 7/3/2018 at 1:46 AM, antoniaclamens said:

Bong Sang Pil must be one of my favorite characters ever and Wang So was very nervous because he was afraid he might loose his place. lol. Luckily @bluelilac1214 gave me the perfect solution: Wang So is reigning in my period fantasies and BSP in my modern ones. lol lol.

Hahaha so funny.I agree.I was so immersed in this drama and their world just like the actors.Its going to take me time to snap out of it.Even CMS's minion is sad to say goodbye to his character:

Spoiler

I got the same bittersweet feeling like when he said goodbye to wang so when he was saying goodbye to bong sang pil.Sweet because im so proud of him for doing such a great job and getting satisfactory results.Bitter because we have to let go of the character.

Yeah Wang So was under threat indeed for me too but this is the perfect solution.We dont replace characters we collect them.But I apologise to "Jang Tae San"(two weeks).He has been my second most favourite character of JG's after Wang So, but Mr Bong will now be number two and Jang Tae San moves to number three.But its a tie for JG dramas as a whole."Two weeks" and "Lawless Lawyer" both hold the same place in my heart.This two are love:

By the way here is the netizen reviews of Lee Joon Gi's acting in Lawless Lawyer:

[Lawless Lawyer] Countless of moments possible only with Lee Joon Gi's great acting

ll1.png

Posted on Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Article: Naver 'Lawless Lawyer' Countless of moments possible only with Lee Joon Gi

1. [+499,-8]
Lee Joon Gi should get more popular. His articulation is great, his action scenes are needless to say, he also acted well in the court scenes making me immersed with the show.

2. [+241,-3]
I enjoyed watching the show but seriously, it's the actors' great acting that saved the drama... The script seems to be lacking as compared to them... 

3. [+194,-3]
Wow, whether if it's Choi Min Soo or Lee Hye Young, he doesn't lose out too 

4. [+131,-5]
Seriously Joon Gi hyung's acting is daebak. I've watched almost all of the first broadcasts, but his acting is great 

5. [+87,-4]
Lee Joon Gi is really a charming actor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. [+43,-0]
I agree that Lee Joon Gi made Bong Sang Pil possible. Is there any other characters that showed as many emotions as Bong Sang Pil? Revenge, agony, self-blame, sad, sympathetic, anger, other times, he's acting sly, chic, pretending to be innocent, and the list goes on endlessly. His acting is so delicate that it made me immersed with Bong Sang Pil. From his crazy acting skills, high level action scenes, to his gaze and his articulation, they're all absolutely perfect!! As expected, he's an actor I can trust in when I watch his works. I will be looking forward to his next work~^^

7. [+29,-1]
Seriously, Bong Sang Pil's character can be only done with Lee Joon Gi. First, his acting has to be really good, his action scenes must be the best, and have strong intellect. Lee Joon Gi is amazing. 

8. [+20,-0]
Lee Joon Gi is good, although Choi Min Soo has always been good, but he's great in this too. He analyzed his character's expressions and lines well. A very charming actor. I hope Choi Min Soo have a long career ahead with his acting skills 

Translation Credit: https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2018/07/lawless-lawyer-countless-of-moments.html

• Like 4

On 7/3/2018 at 6:23 AM, willenette said:

Hi antoniaclamens, thanks for sharing the videos. Ye, he's flooded with flowers & stuff. I love his get-up & love his heels & his pink shirt. :P

I love everything about his outfit too! He looks so natural and handsome and adorable

On 7/3/2018 at 9:49 AM, violina said:

Another Success from “Time Between Dog and Wolf” Duo; Lee Joon-Gi makes a glorious comeback with “Lawless Lawyer”

(source: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0003045652)

Translation Credit: https://allaboutjoongi.tumblr.com/

I feel so proud and happy everutime i read something good about the drama and JG. As if i was part of it... well maybe we all were, watching streaming, searching naver, supporting, commenting, waiting for next episode, for ratings, reviews... i was inmersed in LawLawLand since script reading...

On 7/3/2018 at 10:37 AM, girlyponytail said:

Yeayyy :D so happy with the final rating, even peaked at 10,2% wow. Considering it's a spring season, a perfect weather to go out at weekend, combined with the wave of euphoria of the worldcup ... it's not an easy job to make people sit in front of tv to watch a revenge-and-law-theme drama.  Well, LJG and all of the LL team deserved it after all of their hardwork. 

The wrap up party looks like he's having a special fan meeting on street. Love to see him surrounded by flowers. 

Everything you said!  This drama was a success no doubt and the team and JG fully deserved it...

I watched V-live after the finale, and he was sooo adorable.  The english subtitles was not good, there were many moments when it didn't appear at all, but just by looking at him, his gesture, his facial expression, all are very very amusing that I forgot I didn't understand what he said LOL.

OMG with JG is always the same, hearing his voice, looking at his face, watching his antics make you forget everything else, you feel like you don't need to understand... then when everything is over you do want to understand. lol

He happily greeted and answered fans questions.
Fortunately, there are some funny moment during Q&A session when the english subtitle appeared.

Fan               : please gain more weight!
JG                 : I'm trying... I really trying!
Another Fan: please don't gain more weight!
JG                 : Then what should i do?

*LOL*

Fan                : What genre are you planing to do?

JG                 : I'm reviewing many scripts 
Fan                : Do historical drama
JG                 : I'm open to anything, but maybe not historical drama this time.

I even think of a villain character in movie although i'm not the lead actor, i like a character that give influence to the movie

Fan                : Don't do villain character!

Another Fan : I want to watch you acting villain!

*LOL*

Fan                : Please do rom-com

JG                  : That's also possible

Another Fan : No bed scene!

Another Fan : and no kiss scene!

I guess it's hard to grant all of fans wishes right?*LOL*

Someone ask him to end the v-live

JG                  : Don't ask me to end it! I've (enjoyed) talking too much with my fans

*LOL*

This is so so funny!!! priceless!!! thank you so much for sharing. It must not be easy being JG. fans are so hard to please, but he always does his best to please them all, but with such contradictory demands, what could he do? lol lol.

BTW Lee Joon Gi ssi, if you are reading here: I am very easy to please. Just be happy with the things you do and with the way you are and i will be happy too!

Btw, regarding his fans concern about him loosing more weight, here is his answer:

He knew many people concern about his weight, He really appreciates it. However, he is currently portraying Bong Sang Pil, a character who suffered for 18 years, that is why he looks thinner. He is not sick. He's perfectly healthy. He regularly checks his physical condition, including blood test, all the results are good... except cholesterol (fair enough, i know he's meat lover LOL but try to lower it if possible ok). He likes his current weight while shooting action scenes, because with his thinner body, he got less injured. 

Agree with him, his body is perfect for his action scene in Lawless Lawyer, so slick, sophisticated choreography in jiujitsu style (that i've never seen before), and effortlesly executed by him. 

So, no worries JG angels, he said he's healthy, he'll try his best to gain weight, or at least he said he won't lose wight more.

He knows his fans are worried abouth his weight, from what i've seen he looks very healthy. He can't be unhealthy when he's sheding so much energy and happiness where ever he goes... If he says he's ok i decide to trust him... as always

With all news about high drama rating, good acting recognition from viewers, health confirmation, currently reviewing many scripts, I guess I'm the happiest fan in the JG world who is patiently waiting for his next project... yesss... make it soonest please *pray* aghhh... miss him already LOL

same but impatiently waiting

18 hours ago, violina said:

Hahaha so funny.I agree.I was so immersed in this drama and their world just like the actors.Its going to take me time to snap out of it.Even CMS's minion is sad to say goodbye to his character:

Love minion... maybe (not sure but maybe) my favorite character after BSP

I got the same bittersweet feeling like when he said goodbye to wang so when he was saying goodbye to bong sang pil.Sweet because im so proud of him for doing such a great job and getting satisfactory results.Bitter because we have to let go of the character.

Did i say good bye to Wang So? Will i say good bye to BSP???

Yeah Wang So was under threat indeed for me too but this is the perfect solution.We dont replace characters we collect them.But I apologise to "Jang Tae San"(two weeks).He has been my second most favourite character of JG's after Wang So, but Mr Bong will now be number two and Jang Tae San moves to number three.But its a tie for JG dramas as a whole."Two weeks" and "Lawless Lawyer" both hold the same place in my heart.This two are love:

Poor Jang Tae San, of course i still love him so much, it's  only that i love BSP a little better. But seriously, I'm really happy and relieved that LJG still can pull a character such as BSP. When you are so good it's hard to surpass oneself, and JG did it. BSP is the perfect modern hero.. and if @pixelsticks ask us now, i will answer her that i would not only date BSP but marry him if i can...

By the way here is the netizen reviews of Lee Joon Gi's acting in Lawless Lawyer:

[Lawless Lawyer] Countless of moments possible only with Lee Joon Gi's great acting

Thank you so much for sharing, as i said i love to read BSP praises...

Did you see this?

DhPXvAPUYAEiFFj.jpg:large

from tvn Twitter, is it some kind of event?

And Farewell messages translated by an angel

They joke about season 2... i would love it (I read some articles speculating about season 2 too... well that's what i understood with my poor korean)

Spoiler

And episode 16 BTS

Adios!

• Like 5

• Guest changed the title to Lee Joon Gi 이준기 Congrats Soompi Best Actor ! ♚ Concluded Drama: Lawless Lawyer
4 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

I love everything about his outfit too! He looks so natural and handsome and adorable

Adios!

Hi antoniaclamens, time flies so fast that "LL" seems just begun & now it's finished, wrapping-up its 2-month run. The drama has been doing well-rating-wise & this is a good win for the cast especially LJK. They truly deserved it! It's truly a team effort from the cast who acted up to 16-EPs. The plot was good but the fun on the set was better. It's fun watching them having this great chemistry on/off-cam. LJK has fantastic chemistry with his female partner. Congratulations to LJK & to the "LL" team for making a drama worth-watching until the end. Good story & solid acting. A job well-done to everyone! LJK is fortunate to have great co-stars. And this is NICE because this was under cable network. Right now, quality dramas are mostly produced by cable stations.  :P

• Like 5

Photoshoots!!!!I think we can expect interviews.But am wondering if this means another project is already in the works or its just post drama interview?He usually appears in magazines when he has work to promote.I mean one magazine, maybe its post drama interview but two on the same day????Either way, am excited for the gorgeous pictures coming our way:wub: soon.

For those of you who are able to, please:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, violina said:

Photoshoots!!!!I think we can expect interviews.But am wondering if this means another project is already in the works or its just post drama interview?He usually appears in magazines when he has work to promote.I mean one magazine, maybe its post drama interview but two on the same day????Either way, am excited for the gorgeous pictures coming our way:wub: soon.

For those of you who are able to, please:

Hi violina, is this DVD with Eng subs? :o

• Like 2

20 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi antoniaclamens, time flies so fast that "LL" seems just begun & now it's finished, wrapping-up its 2-month run. The drama has been doing well-rating-wise & this is a good win for the cast especially LJK. They truly deserved it! It's truly a team effort from the cast who acted up to 16-EPs. The plot was good but the fun on the set was better. It's fun watching them having this great chemistry on/off-cam. LJK has fantastic chemistry with his female partner. Congratulations to LJK & to the "LL" team for making a drama worth-watching until the end. Good story & solid acting. A job well-done to everyone! LJK is fortunate to have great co-stars. And this is NICE because this was under cable network. Right now, quality dramas are mostly produced by cable stations.  :P

Yes sadly time flies so fast... i try to think positive and believe that now i will get my life back... but sometimes i think i'm just fooling myself. Chemistry onscreen was awesome and offscreen maybe even more. I agree that BSP and SYJ had great chemistry but i will do honorable mention to BSP and AOJ chemistry... I'm dying to see them working together again... or at least hanging together again. CMS's wife speaks good of JG so maybe there's a chance

16 hours ago, violina said:

2 photoshoots! i think i died and went to heaven... i just sneaked for a moment to say how happy i am. but i'm afraid they are wrap up photoshoots, though it doesn't hurt to pray for a new project coming soon  (who needs a life after all?)

16 hours ago, willenette said:

most important question

13 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

No emojis this time????

let me say that JG is looking mighty fine in those pics... it's been a year since i noticed how beautiful his arms are... so those pictures are like an extra gift for me... i can not look at them arms any more

Latest pictures from http://program.tving.com/tvn/lawlesslawyer/3/Board/List?page=1

3T5KHVZ3UH9ONUJC5ZYI_1024x0.jpg

Spoiler

YXZWLXBQTYHEEC7GL7AT_1024x0.jpg6UJEP78235744SBXFLP8_1024x0.jpg

New release of old pictures from viki FB.

36395611_1886830331373940_73635856736657

Spoiler

36365599_1886830251373948_3111637788009636342081_1886830224707284_45259257263685

36411831_1886830301373943_6057621947292836322711_1886830198040620_54772943070838

I promised to share my favorite pics from my pretty in pic...

Spoiler

My smile for today

36406480_1886830048040635_85835883826831

• Like 4

SOMEONE *cough* @bluelilac1214 *cough* told me you guys miss me. Here I am!

Of course I saw the drama till the very end (with pictures at the end as well! would never miss the chance to see our baby!). Our chart is probably fullfilled and with something extras too - I mean he even (kind of) spoke English in the last episode. My, my, he worked hard ot fullfill that chart. :) 

There were moments... well, I didn't really get. Like why the good guys kept coming to bad guys to tell them their plans?! But pfff let's forget about it - I enjoyed the whole drama. Our man was beautiful beyond words and so good at playing mr Bong! He showed us all his sides and I'm grateful for that. And the best part - he had such an amazing female partner. I love this actress and will happilly look at her works in the future. :) Seo Ye Ji CAN act, she didn't only look pretty (of course she did), but she actually has acting skills. It was so good to watch them together. I also liked actors who played the bad guys, esp. mrs Lee Hye Young, she was amazing! The whole cast actually was good (with one exception but I won't mention it here).

But to tell you the truth... I loved Bong Sang Pil but... Wang So is still the love of my life. :wub:

• Like 5

On 7/3/2018 at 3:10 AM, glassnokamen said:

:D:D:D

Oh my! He looks flawless even when he is hungover. And looks so, so soft too… :wub::wub:

On 7/3/2018 at 7:16 AM, antoniaclamens said:

@glassnokamen thank you as always for being my official JG insta post notifier!

Not only yours, she my official JG Insta post notifier too! Thank you lovely @glassnokamencrazy monkey 077

@violina I'm in heaven thanks to the ratings news! almost 10% en Seoul!!! it was a great achievement. in a time slot where most of the people are hanging out of house (specially on saturdays) with World Cup...it wasn't an easy task and LL cast and crew make it posible. no one can say LL wasn't a hit! It was a hit! and I'm the happiest of fans... And LJG was great in it... he deserves this success so much. after so much struggling, so much badmouthing, finally korean audience recognize his work with good ratings!!!!

I’m not going to lie, I was very worried and very, very nervous about the ratings because of the World Cup. But even that or weekend outings could not stop LL getting very good ratings! I have no words to describe how happy I was (and still am) about the finale ratings! He deserves it; the drama deserves it; the whole team deserves it. Let’s hope and pray that this success will continue in his future projects as well.

I don't know how you managed to select just a few pictures, there were so many and all so beautiful.

Oh, it wasn’t easy at all. I had a tough time choosing which to post. ALL of them were beautiful. And even a tougher time selecting the pics to post under the spoiler.:tears:

On 7/3/2018 at 8:05 AM, antoniaclamens said:

Some more wrap up party videos:

he's flooded with flowers lol

Thank you for the videos. He looks more beautiful than those flowers – he makes them look pretty… crazy monkey 003 and yes, I've found out that I can be very cheesy – only for him, of course. -_-

On 7/3/2018 at 8:07 PM, girlyponytail said:

The wrap up party looks like he's having a special fan meeting on street.

And he was being so kind and patient with the fans, as always. :wub:

Love to see him surrounded by flowers.

Very fitting for the original Flower Boy. crazy monkey 156

Exactly! I couldn’t control my smile when I was watching him – the way he spoke, how adorable he was, how happy he was to see all the hearts he was getting, the way he greeted fans from different countries, everything – it didn’t matter that I didn't understand what he said. Watching him and listening to his pretty voice is enough. :wub:

And I trust him – he knows what is best for him more than anyone else. So I completely trust his judgment, as always. All that matters is him being happy, healthy and successful in whatever he does.

Hahaha… yes. I’m extremely happy too but not very patient. I might sound very selfish but I already miss seeing him weekly and it hasn’t even been one week since the finale of LL. depressed1 onion head

Thank god for JJ. We’ll at least get to see his JJ updates and hopefully the JG Drought won’t be that severe. It’s been raining JG since April, and I’m spoiled rotten with the continuous updates….

On 7/5/2018 at 7:15 AM, antoniaclamens said:

I feel so proud and happy everutime i read something good about the drama and JG. As if i was part of it... well maybe we all were, watching streaming, searching naver, supporting, commenting, waiting for next episode, for ratings, reviews... i was inmersed in LawLawLand since script reading...

So true – it felt like our own personal project. And the end result is very rewarding too. And I will never forget the memories I created with the other Angles – LL has been an amazing experience from the beginning to end. 

OMG with JG is always the same, hearing his voice, looking at his face, watching his antics make you forget everything else, you feel like you don't need to understand... then when everything is over you do want to understand. lol

As always, you speak my mind. :wub:

Love minion... maybe (not sure but maybe) my favorite character after BSP

My favourite after Mr Bong would be Cha Moon Sook and AOJ – I couldn’t decide between these two. Every character was done very well, it was very satisfying to watch.

Did i say good bye to Wang So? Will i say good bye to BSP???

Again and again, you speak my mind. Do we have to let go of any character? Of all the dramas we’ve watched, with how many roles have we fallen in love? But with JG’s roles, every single one of them was special and memorable in one way or another. So many roles to love!  The more to love, the better, right? We are lucky to be JG’s fans in that regard also!

But seriously, I'm really happy and relieved that LJG still can pull a character such as BSP. When you are so good it's hard to surpass oneself, and JG did it.

He is the best. He made the character so believable, it’s like Mr Bong is a real person to us. And I know for a fact, that his next role would be a great one too – he will continue to amaze us, as always!

from tvn Twitter, is it some kind of event?

Isn’t this about that posting snack event thingy? Maybe they are announcing the winners….

On 7/5/2018 at 3:53 PM, willenette said:

Hi violina, is this DVD with Eng subs?

I saw a discussion regarding the Eng subs in this IG post:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkwJC-fgv2_/?taken-by=jg_k_drama

Hope that helps.

16 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:
On 7/5/2018 at 3:49 PM, violina said:

2 photoshoots! i think i died and went to heaven... i just sneaked for a moment to say how happy i am. but i'm afraid they are wrap up photoshoots, though it doesn't hurt to pray for a new project coming soon  (who needs a life after all?

TWO photoshoots!!!! Think of all the yummy pics! admire2 onion head And let’s hope for the best about his next project… it would be great if he has already found something he likes...

16 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

let me say that JG is looking mighty fine in those pics... it's been a year since i noticed how beautiful his arms are... so those pictures are like an extra gift for me... i can not look at them arms any more

Fine doesn’t properly explain how good he looks in those pics! An angel has done a comparison:

That confident smile is everything! love onion head

6 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

:):)

You used emojis this time! :P

And the translation for today's update:

Spoiler

@cedarwood YOU ARE BAAAAAACKKKKKKK! happy dancing crazy rabbit We were going to organize a search party for you and @pixelsticks! So glad to have you back and missed you so, so much here! 

1 hour ago, cedarwood said:

Of course I saw the drama till the very end (with pictures at the end as well! would never miss the chance to see our baby!). Our chart is probably fullfilled and with something extras too - I mean he even (kind of) spoke English in the last episode. My, my, he worked hard ot fullfill that chart.

Yes! And most of the suggestions in our chart have come true, I think! yesss crazy rabbit

Some more new stills from https://twitter.com/CJnDrama. There are tons more – go check them out!

DhaoWUfU8AAw66Z.jpg

One of my favourite scenes out of so many! His eyes!!

Spoiler

DhaoXLvU8AEVXu6.jpg

DhaWF_dUcAAYdRO.jpg

Why does he have to be so cute???? 

DhaocosUEAE0UgM.jpg

PERFECT! love you crazy rabbit

• Like 4

More praise for JG! hell yes onion head

Lee Joon-gi, star of “Lawless Lawyer,” has lived up to his name

(source: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=396&aid=0000483922)

Lee Joon-gi has shown what he’s made of.

Once again, actor Lee Joon-gi lived up to his name through tvN’s drama “Lawless Lawyer.” The drama offered him the chance to not only show off his acting chops and an even broader range of emotional performance, and but also achieve ratings success, helping him re-establish his reputation as a ‘truly reliable actor.’

Aired on July 1, the last episode of “Lawless Lawyer” culminated in the final punishment Bong Sang-pil dishes out to ‘absolute evil’ Cha Moon-sook. Following the death of Seok Gwan-dong, Ahn Oh-ju, betrayed once again by Cha Moon-sook, comes forward as a witness to testify against her. No Hyun-ju, Ha Jae-yi’s mother, also makes an appearance, pushing Cha further into the corner. Cha ends up in prison waiting to be legally punished, while Bong Sang-pil starts working for the special investigation unit at the Seoul Central District Court, delivering the ‘cathartic ending’ that viewers waited for. From start to finish, “Lawless Lawyer” was a shining testament to Lee Joon-gi’s competence as an actor (‘hard-carry’).

Lee Joon-gi returned to the small screen as ‘Bong Sang-pil’ in “Lawless Lawyer,” a lawyer who has devoted his life to avenging his mother’s death. Even during the casting phase, the drama drew attention as it marked the first reunion of Kim Jin-min and Lee Joon-gi since “Time between Dog and Wolf” 11 years ago. The buzz came as no surprise especially since “Time between Dog and Wolf” is still regarded as one of the very finest achievements in Korean drama history, as well as Lee Joon-gi’s most prominent career-defining work. Viewers appeared both excited and concerned, wondering whether their reunion would make a subpar version of “Time between Dog and Wolf” or another career-defining work for both. However, that question mark quickly turned into an exclamation mark as soon as the premiere aired, and viewers fell in love with Lee Joon-gi’s own Bong Sang-pil.

Lee Joon-gi created and showed viewers a character that befits the description ‘lawyer who’s mastered fighting skills.’ Nicknamed ‘the master of action,’ Lee Joon-gi delighted viewers with his committed performance that has a mix of agility, eye-catching moves, and sophistication. The action scenes in which he makes those moves in suits were the very definition of ‘swag and stylish.’ In each episode, Lee Joon-gi completely immersed himself in the professional lawyer character as if he really were one in real life. He also fascinated female viewers with his sexy yet sharp looks.

Lee Joon-gi’s emotional performance, in the scenes where Sang-pil shows his profound love for Jae-yi, was another highlight of the drama. His deeply-felt and nuanced facial expressions sent viewers’ hearts aflutter. If the actor proved himself to be a masterful action performer in “Time between Dog and Wolf” 11 years ago, this time, through “Lawless Lawyer,” he delivered the perfect blend of action and emotional performances. The drama was full of moments where viewers couldn’t help but shout out praises like ‘Of course, Lee Joon-gi lives up to his name.’

Probably because of his commitment, “Lawless Lawyer” continued to set new ratings records, amid the dismal results of recent dramas in general, and its finale hit a ratings high, bringing the drama to a successful end. The finale averaged 8.9% and peaked at 10.2% based on nationwide viewership data from cable, satellite, and IPTV platforms. It also averaged 4.7% and peaked at 5.3% among target viewers aged 20-49. Cementing its top position in cable and general-programming viewership charts, based on both household and target viewership data, the drama ended up a shining success.

Through his agency Namooactors, Lee Joon-gi shared his feelings as the drama came to an end: “Thanks to the cast and staff members, we were able to end the drama successfully. It is a bittersweet feeling, and I have such mixed feelings. I feel like I could have done a better job as an actor, but I will show you better work on my next project. I want to express gratitude to the staff members, director, fellow actors, and producers for their hard work since March, and to viewers and fans for being our biggest support. Hoping that one day I’ll come back as a better actor with better work, I will say goodbye for now. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you and I always love you.”

Credit: https://allaboutjoongi.tumblr.com/post/175595570263/lee-joon-gis-2018-drama-lawless-lawyer-wrap-up

And I'm sneaking in more pictures from https://twitter.com/CJnDrama :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

DhbFcUxUwAEjHO4.jpg

DhbFcXlUwAEZ6SJ.jpg

DhbFcV_UcAEAL_N.jpg

He makes them suits look good. I have no words to describe these pics except say that they are Perfect!love you crazy rabbit

• Like 4

On 7/5/2018 at 10:23 AM, willenette said:

Unfortunately, am just spreading the word so I dont know.But hopefully they do consider subbing it because that is how they will be able to sell more copies abroad.They should make use of the fact that JG has a huge international fanbase.They will make more money if they play their cards well.

On 7/6/2018 at 6:27 PM, cedarwood said:

SOMEONE *cough* @bluelilac1214 *cough* told me you guys miss me. Here I am!

Of course I saw the drama till the very end (with pictures at the end as well! would never miss the chance to see our baby!). Our chart is probably fullfilled and with something extras too - I mean he even (kind of) spoke English in the last episode. My, my, he worked hard ot fullfill that chart. :) 

There were moments... well, I didn't really get. Like why the good guys kept coming to bad guys to tell them their plans?! But pfff let's forget about it - I enjoyed the whole drama. Our man was beautiful beyond words and so good at playing mr Bong! He showed us all his sides and I'm grateful for that. And the best part - he had such an amazing female partner. I love this actress and will happilly look at her works in the future. :) Seo Ye Ji CAN act, she didn't only look pretty (of course she did), but she actually has acting skills. It was so good to watch them together. I also liked actors who played the bad guys, esp. mrs Lee Hye Young, she was amazing! The whole cast actually was good (with one exception but I won't mention it here).

But to tell you the truth... I loved Bong Sang Pil but... Wang So is still the love of my life. :wub:

Hello there:) long time no see.I agree with everything you said too.It looks like every collabo with Director Ji Min produces good results.He also seem to know who to cast to work with JG.I remember loving the chemistry/bromance he had with a actor Jung Kyung Ho.But also the chemistry he had with the senior actor who played Mao in "Time Between Dog and Wolf.So I hope it wont take another 10 years before they(the PD and JG) work together again.

Another review:

Lawless Lawyer Korean Drama Review

07aae034a1c41a749b8c2e231a95a405?s=24&d=identicon&r=g Kay
18 hours ago

lawless-lawyer-lee-joon-gi-seo-ye-ji-cho

Lawless Lawyer (Lawless Attorney) is a legal action thriller about a gangster (Lee Joon Gi) turned lawyer who doesn’t mind using his fists or doing whatever is necessary to bring justice as he works to avenge his mother.

Lawless Lawyer is a slick drama with a solid story. It’s an intense ride that provides thrills, action, humor, and romance. That’s quite a nice combination to make for an overall exciting and enjoyable watch!

lawless-lawyer-lee-joon-gi-5.jpg?w=452&h

Lee Joon Gi plays our lawless lawyer Bong Sang Pil. His mother was murdered when he was a child so he becomes a lawyer to take revenge on those responsible. But he’s not your average lawyer since he is willing to use loopholes in the law to his advantage as well as his fists.

How refreshing to see Lee Joon Gi get to showcase his charms in a drama! He usually plays somewhat more serious roles, so this was a nice change. He has so much charisma, and he was able to really put that on display in Lawless Lawyer. But as would be expected, he also delivers some seriously intense emotions that capture the hurt Sang Pil has experienced. Lee Joon Gi is always amazing, and this drama perfectly highlighted his versatility.

lawless-lawyer-seo-ye-ji-4.jpg?w=450&h=2

Seo Ye Ji is another lawyer, Ha Jae Yi. After getting suspended, Sang Pil approaches her to work with him at his law office. He also has a connection to her because of the death of her own mother.

Seo Ye Ji easily held her own opposite of Lee Joon Gi, which says a lot about her. She was perfect to play the strong willed and moral Jae Yi. She will pull you right into her character through her wonderful performance.

Now the villains. Choi Min Soo plays Ahn Oh Joo. He’s confident, intense, and he’s the man who killed Sang Pil’s mother. Choi Min Soo definitely does his thing by going all in and makes Oh Joo such an intimidating and unique character. His intensity always comes right through the screen and completely creeps me out. And that’s the best kind of villain!

Then there is Lee Hye Young as the big baddy Cha Moon Suk. She’s a respected judge who has everybody fooled. She’s immensely powerful and is involved in all kinds of shady business. Lee Hye Young is another case of really doing well even opposite our other villain Choi Min Soo. She has this calm and collected manner to her that still has a fierceness behind it. Well done.

As you can see, talk about bringing together one fantastic cast for Lawless Lawyer! All four of our main leads are incredibly talented and bring such intensity to their roles. They were cast perfectly and did not disappoint in any way.

This is a drama where the legal stuff is well balanced with the overall story and the thriller element including plenty of excitement outside of the courtroom. And despite having a fairly heavy story, the drama incorporated humor appropriately to provide moments of levity throughout.

The plot is very well done with a few twists and turns and wonderful pacing. The characters from the heroes to the villains are all interesting and engaging to help bring this story to life. There are a few times where you have to not think to hard about some elements of the story, but everything else was so well done that I found those times easy enough to overlook.

lawless-lawyer-lee-joon-gi-and-seo-ye-ji

Lee Joon Gi and Seo Ye Ji make one fantastic couple! Just look at these two. Aren’t they gorgeous? And they have some seriously amazing chemistry. Despite being a legal thriller, the romance element was done very well. The relationship feels mature yet it still was a lot of fun. They just had this wonderful rapport between them, and they made me smile so much.

Sang Pil and Jae Yi have a lot of hurt from their past though. They were really able to come together to not only support each other but to share each others pain. They also took action to bring justice to those responsible for what happened to their loved ones. This duo was such a good one, and I think most people will appreciate what a great team they were.

I also particularly enjoyed the antagonistic relationship between Sang Pil and Oh Joo. They are both such strong and distinct characters that seeing them go head to head was something else. Every scene that features them together is packed with a palpable intensity that gave me goosebumps. They are exactly what you want to see when a hero and villain go against each other.

Lawless Lawyer was an all around fun watch that provided a nice mixture of elements. The story, thrills, characters, and talented actors all came together for an entertaining drama that left me pretty well satisfied.

My Rating: 8/10

Credit:https://kdramakisses.com/2018/07/06/lawless-lawyer-korean-drama-review/

• Like 3