Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

@violina thanks for the clip! hahaha IU is sooo ME! I would whine and complain *and yawn as well lol* if I have to do such an exercise huhuhu... while our JG was like: exercise! exercise! exercise! hahaha... and I love how he did the cross sign before starting his activity :wub:.

@LyraYoo thanks for the info. I will sign in to IG and drop the comment as well... it's better to have loads of supportive comments right now, especially to show to Korean media stalking his SNS that his fanbase is still going strong! this might help as well for his upcoming project prospective, I think.

Btw, I have a question for whom has visited Seoul, even if it's a little bit out off topic :)
As some of you probably know, I'll be in Seoul from 14th to 18th of April. Other than go to our Real Actor LJG FM and go around in the city, what could I buy in addiction to their famous beauty products? Any suggestions? Rather than this, do you have suggestions in general like places to see, places that are famous but at the end don't worth, where to eat and so on?

Any suggestions is more than welcome :D:D:D

• Like 8

2 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

Btw, I have a question for whom has visited Seoul, even if it's a little bit out off topic :)
As some of you probably know, I'll be in Seoul from 14th to 18th of April. Other than go to our Real Actor LJG FM and go around in the city, what could I buy in addiction to their famous beauty products? Any suggestions? Rather than this, do you have suggestions in general like places to see, places that are famous but at the end don't worth, where to eat and so on?

I am not sure if you want to accept my opinion. I bought their 'mattress' while I was there. It wasnt actual mattress but I dont know what to call the thing. If you watch Korean drama, you see they normally sleep on the floor with that ''mattress." Almost similar to Japanese futon. I bought two set. One for me and 1 for my mum. They compress it and you can neatly put it inside your luggage. But you must tell the seller you are taking a plane so they must help you to compress that mattress. I use this mattress in my living room. Lying on it while watching K drama :blush:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, junejungki said:

I am not sure if you want to accept my opinion. I bought their 'mattress' while I was there. It wasnt actual mattress but I dont know what to call the thing. If you watch Korean drama, you see they normally sleep on the floor with that ''mattress." Almost similar to Japanese futon. I bought two set. One for me and 1 for my mum. They compress it and you can neatly put it inside your luggage. But you must tell the seller you are taking a plane so they must help you to compress that mattress. I use this mattress in my living room. Lying on it while watching K drama :blush:

Wow!!! This is really a good suggestion! I only have to leave some empty place in my luggage... I think it will be quite impossible since I'll go to Japan after Seoul... but I'll try to manage it in some ways :D Do you remember where did you buy yours?

• Like 2

On 4/9/2017 at 3:24 AM, cedarwood said:

Hahahhahaha! The video! Jeon Hye Bin is not only extremely beautiful but also smart. :D

Spoiler

b44e00c0b479cb7a6e8e_preview.jpg

09fd07ea35c096c9d33c_preview.jpg

c9c7e5ef2b16d6f31305_preview.jpg

It's Summer 2016 - July or August. I don't remember exactly.

Edited by LyraYoo
offtopic
  • Like 10

I am glad the buzz about Oh Hae Young is almost subsiding.

Criminal Minds is confirmed so I'll just have to wait for the broadcast.

I hope he'll come back to updating us on his SNS. 

For those attending the concert, enjoy your time and don't forget to share your experience. :)  

• Like 10

18 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

Hi, I bought quite an amount of korean snacks when I went to Seoul last year:D Jagabee (similar to potato chips), chocopie, honey butter chips are the famous ones hahaha (but unhealthy though). Instant jajangmyun & ramen are good buys too if you're a foodie.  Other than those edible ones, there are a lot of stores selling pretty backpacks/handbags & clothings at reasonable price especially in ewha university area :D

• Like 7

19 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

Wow!!! This is really a good suggestion! I only have to leave some empty place in my luggage... I think it will be quite impossible since I'll go to Japan after Seoul... but I'll try to manage it in some ways :D Do you remember where did you buy yours?

I bought it in Dongdaemun. I dont know the name of the shop. I didnt have any plan to buy one. But it hit me right away when the seller told me he can compress it for me if I want to take it home. I agree and purchase 2 set. hehehehe!! Not sure if you should buy it if you are going to Japan after from Korea. You can decide later when you already there. :)

• Like 3

On 4/8/2017 at 2:01 AM, glassnokamen said:

https://www.soompi.com/2017/04/07/korean-remake-criminal-minds-start-production-soon-casting-still-talks/

It's saying that

“The actors have attended the script reading, and we are currently in the middle of tuning up cast appearances. We are considering that it is possible for them to leave [the show] depending on the circumstances, and so we are in final negotiations,”

Now I am all nervous. I hope tuning up means the supporting cast and not the main cast. The fact that they even have to explain this going on gives me a bad feeling, almost as if they were preparing us for a shock :crazy:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hiluna said:

Now I am all nervous. I hope tuning up means the supporting cast and not the main cast. The fact that they even have to explain this going on gives me a bad feeling, almost as if they were preparing us for a shock :crazy:

Don't worry this is old news.

The Lee Joon Gi International Fanclub posted this yesterday on Facebook and Instagram.

News about Criminal Minds: Spoiler 8,April. 
All nominated casting members of Criminal Minds has confirmed to join the show.
Although we don't know the exact production cost, each episode's budget is said to be around 9 hundred million Korean Won.
This show will cost the biggest money among CJE&M & tvN History. 
After yesterday (7, April)'s script reading, the show will start filming in the third week of April.
It will set as a late night show since the storyline contains a lot of violence and bloody murder scenes. 
The first episode release date is set for early July.

Source: http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003075626

• Like 12

Oh my heart - what has been going on here this past week? :tears: There are so many disheartening as well as good news out there, I don't know what to feel anymore. We were waiting like crazy for the official announcement of Criminal Minds and of course, I was thrilled when the news came out but I guess we'd have been much more happy about it without those Dispatch pictures.

I really want to be happy for Joon Gi - he's in a relationship with someone he likes and got his next drama project set. But I doubt he himself or JHB are overly happy right now. My heart hurts for both of them. We can't even imagine how they feel. I'd like to think that they don't care at all about all this but that's hard to imagine when they even were forced to admit to their relationship because of the pictures. Of course, we do not know Joon Gi as a person and what he's actually feeling and thinking right now but he is human and a situation like that is bound to hurt, especially for an actor who cares for his career and privacy as well as his fans opinions this much. And it's particulary because things like this happen in the industry that I completely understand why he didn't make his relationship official any earlier. I pray all of this attention and hate won't destroy their relationship.

Criticism by netizens who aren't his fans or usually aren't even interested in Joon Gi is annoying, of course, but the outrage by people who call themselves his fans is something I find much more unsettling. (The following might be a little off topic so I'll put it into spoiler tag)

Spoiler

I hope the same fans who felt played by Joon Gi and took MEC for real watch the new TvN drama Chicago Typewriter which - broadly speaking - is about a celebrities life and his fans/haters. Maybe that show would help them to reflect on their behavior and stop seeing fault in Joon Gi for simply doing his job as an actor while thinking of his fans wishes to see him in a rom-com AND him being a human being at the same time... Let me cite the protagonists words towards his fangirl because I found these words really fitting for those delusional fans:

"I know people like you. Saying that you're a huge fan of mine, that you like me, and you respect me. You idealize me and become obsessed with me. Once the illusion is shattered, you'd turn your back and attack and blackmail me." (EP01)

Because of Joon Gi's situation right now this drama got me particularly interested. And isn't it funny that the show is on TvN, too? :lol: Hope the previous MEC viewers watch this now.

So, fans who are outraged now should remind themselves of why they became fans to begin with. If it's about some illusion about who they believe to be the real person behind actor LJG and if their illusion was shattered now, they are free to give up on being a fan - just do this quietly and without hate messages, please!

Anyways, I believe in him to pull through this. He's been in the industry for long so he probably was aware that something like this always could happen to him. I'm glad his IG is mostly full with good messages now (with the occassional immature hate message in between...). Still, I hope he takes this situation as an opportunity to take some rest from social media and all other sources of stress before his FM.

Well, all has been said already by you guys so I'll leave it at this. More than on the dating news (which I think shouldn't really be our business anyway especially because Joon Gi didn't come out with them on his own will), I want to concentrate on the other nice news from now on: Criminal Minds :wub: We were already 90% sure he's in but I'm still happy to hear it's official now. Really hope we get to see some pictures of the script reading soon. 

On a slightly different note, I never understood why people in internet use harsh and hurtful words this easily. They should try to put themselves in the shoes of the person they are about to attack and how they'd feel if they'd be treated like this. I'm saying this in relation to how some fans, haters and netizens comment on this "scandal" (the only thing I'd call a scandal here is how "normal" this kind of harsh behavior seems to be) but also regarding some recent discussions in this thread. Recently, it wasn't pleasent to read some posts here :( Please, let's respect each other. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but even so we can use nicer words to voice them out.

But I'm glad the mood is much better again and I hope it will stay like that!

On 4.4.2017 at 5:08 AM, antoniaclamens said:

One question? this is in the Myeondong Store? I want to go (actually dying to go)

Yes, it is! Hope you have a great time in Seoul! Please share your FM experience with us :wub:

On 4.4.2017 at 8:40 AM, sscllccrazy said:

Welcome Back @oyashirazu...Missed your homecoming! Haven't been online for a couple days. Thank you again for your successful efforts. What a creative envelope to represent everyone here on his soompi thread! He will feel our love as well as our warm wish for a very happy birthday. I have no doubt that this list will bring a smile and maybe some giggles:wub:upon his gorgeous face.  

You are so funny, an actor delivery service:lol: (see highlight) and YES, YOU made it possible (delivered). We have you to thank for it!!! \^0^/

I'm so happy to read you traveled safely and no skinned knees from scaling any walls :ph34r: It sounds like you made a lot of great memories. Thank you for sharing some of your photos too. 

So sweet of you to say this :wub: Everyone worked hard for it so I really hope he gets to read it! 

On 7.4.2017 at 3:50 PM, pixelsticks said:

As for our list on that blog...can we ask if they would maybe link a different Soompi thread page or to the beginning of the thread or the beginning of creating the list?  That page does have @oyashirazu's successful delivery post...but it also has some of the negative messages.  Maybe I am being too sensitive.  

I know how you feel. I doubt Joon Gi will find the links on that blog but I'd also rather he doesn't get to see all those negative posts on that Soompi thread page. But we don't even know who the blogger is... If it's someone from Soompi maybe she can send us a private message and we'll think of a way together? ^_^ If she ever reads this......

On 8.4.2017 at 3:24 AM, luvkstyle said:

Chingu's I'm going to leave the thread for a while. This dating revelation came as a quite a shock for me and then came all the vitriol but more than that I was shocked by how much I had invested in Joon Gi emotionally - my fault - pabo pabo - I'm not sure how it happened.  All this has brought me back to earth as it were and I realise I need to be spending more time and emotional energy on those around me, friends, family.  It was my first time ever to make any comments on the Internet and I enjoyed our camaraderie very much.  I may come back as a lurker I don't know but I have to distance myself for a while.  I hope you can understand - didn't want to just 'disappear' because we've shared a lot. Mani gamsahamnida yeoreobun :wub::bawling:

So sad to hear that but yes, family and friends are much more important! Wish you all the best and hope you'll be back soon *hugs* :wub:

• Like 17

3 hours ago, oyashirazu said:

Oh my heart - what has been going on here this past week? :tears: There are so many disheartening as well as good news out there, I don't know what to feel anymore. We were waiting like crazy for the official announcement of Criminal Minds and of course, I was thrilled when the news came out but I guess we'd have been much more happy about it without those Dispatch pictures.

I really want to be happy for Joon Gi - he's in a relationship with someone he likes and got his next drama project set. But I doubt he himself or JHB are overly happy right now. My heart hurts for both of them. We can't even imagine how they feel. I'd like to think that they don't care at all about all this but that's hard to imagine when they even were forced to admit to their relationship because of the pictures. Of course, we do not know Joon Gi as a person and what he's actually feeling and thinking right now but he is human and a situation like that is bound to hurt, especially for an actor who cares for his career and privacy as well as his fans opinions this much. And it's particulary because things like this happen in this business that I completely understand why he didn't make his relationship official any earlier. I pray all of this attention and hate won't destroy their relationship.

Criticism by netizens who aren't his fans or usually aren't even interested in Joon Gi is annoying, of course, but the outrage by people who call themselves his fans is something I find much more unsettling. (The following might be a little off topic so I'll put it into spoiler tag)

Reveal hidden contents

I hope the same fans who felt played by Joon Gi and took MEC for real watch the new TvN drama Chicago Typewriter which - broadly speaking - is about a celebrities life and his fans/haters. Maybe that show would help them to reflect on their behavior and stop seeing fault in Joon Gi for simply doing his job as an actor while thinking of his fans wishes to see him in a rom-com AND him being a human being at the same time... Let me cite the protagonists words towards his fangirl because I found these words really fitting for those delusional fans:

"I know people like you. Saying that you're a huge fan of mine, that you like me, and you respect me. You idealize me and become obsessed with me. Once the illusion is shattered, you'd turn your back and attack and blackmail me." (EP01)

Because of Joon Gi's situation right now this drama got me particularly interested. And isn't it funny that the show is on TvN, too? :lol: Hope the previous MEC viewers watch this now.

So, fans who are outraged now should remind themselves of why they became fans to begin with. If it's about some illusion about who they believe to be the real person behind actor LJG and if their illusion was shattered now, they are free to give up on being a fan - just do this quietly and without hate messages, please!

Anyways, I believe in him to pull through this. He's been in the business for long so he probably was aware that something like this always could happen to him. I'm glad his IG is mostly full with good messages now (with the occassional immature hate message in between...). Still, I hope he takes this situation as an opportunity to take some rest from social media and all other sources of stress before his FM.

Well, all has been said already by you guys so I'll leave it at this. More than on the dating news (which I think shouldn't really be our business anyway especially because Joon Gi didn't come out with them on his own will), I want to concentrate on the other nice news from now on: Criminal Minds :wub: We were already 90% sure he's in but I'm still happy to hear it's official now. Really hope we get to see some pictures of the script reading soon. 

On a slightly different note, I never understood why people in internet use harsh and hurtful words this easily. They should try to put themselves in the shoes of the person they are about to attack and how they'd feel if they'd be treated like this. I'm saying this in relation to how some fans, haters and netizens comment on this "scandal" (the only thing I'd call a scandal here is how "normal" this kind of harsh behavior seems to be) but also regarding some recent discussions in this thread. Recently, it wasn't pleasent to read some posts here :( Please, let's respect each other. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but even so we can use nicer words to voice them out.

But I'm glad the mood is much better again and I hope it will stay like that!

Yes, it is! Hope you have a great time in Seoul! Please share your FM experience with us :wub:

So sweet of you to say this :wub: Everyone worked hard for it so I really hope he gets to read it! 

I know how you feel. I doubt Joon Gi will find the links on that blog but I'd also rather he doesn't get to see all those negative posts on that Soompi thread page. But we don't even know who the blogger is... If it's someone from Soompi maybe she can send us a private message and we'll think of a way together? ^_^ If she ever reads this......

So sad to hear that but yes, family and friends are much more important! Wish you all the best and hope you'll be back soon *hugs* :wub:

There's definitely a lack of accountability on the internet. Some people think they can say anything they want out of spite while hiding behind a screen and don't think about the consequences. They are like those who are friends to your face but talk behind your back. 

Joon Gi should just focus on his drama right now. It will fade eventually.

• Like 13

5 hours ago, oyashirazu said:

agree with you

• Like 9

What is more upsetting when an artist is criticised in the thread dedicated to him? Esp by those who pretend that they are an expert in the industry when in fact they are just a big fan of some other actors. That is just lack of respect. When you refute them you'd be called being in your unrelistic beliefs.

There are many people who are articulate that they can hide their ill intentions with their words. 'Substance over form" as they say.We have to remember that not everyone is shallow who only cares with grammar and such or stupid enough not comprehending the real message.

We have to understand that not everyone is attracted to the glamour of the entertainment industry like.. my fave actor have to be in a lot of CF, photoshoot, have to be in a rom-com for high rating and popularity. And, who are we decide for the actor to a point of criticising him because his choices of projects are not in accordance to what we want for him? What's more disrespectful when they tell you that LJG is beneath than their more fave actors? 

Anyway, I am one of those fans who don't care about his personal life. I am one of those who's averse  with excessive commercialism. I am not at all impress with all those CF and photoshoots E.g. Dominos Pizza - Back in 2011, I experienced paying for a Dominos whole pizza for almost $30 when it's only $10 in my home country. Seriously, it's not even a gourmet pizza. I wonder how much does their pizza cost now when their advert is literally everywhere. 

I love LJG because he is a great actor and being talented in others areas is a big bonus. I hope others will also reflect why they love LJG to know if they are loving him for the right reasons.

P.S. I just watched the latest Running Man episode. They use the passport concept like the JG passport. 

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 15

5 hours ago, missmaudy said:

What is more upsetting when an artist is criticised in the thread dedicated to him? Esp by those who pretend that they are an expert in the industry when in fact they are just a big fan of some other actors. That is just lack of respect. When you refute them you'd be called being in your unrelistic beliefs.

There are many people who are articulate that they can hide their ill intentions with their words. 'Substance over form" as they say.We have to remember that not everyone is shallow who only cares with grammar and such or stupid enough not comprehending the real message.

We have to understand that not everyone is attracted to the glamour of the entertainment industry like.. my fave actor have to be in a lot of CF, photoshoot, have to be in a rom-com for high rating and popularity. And, who are we decide for the actor to a point of criticising him because his choices of projects are not in accordance to what we want for him? What's more disrespectful when they tell you that LJG is beneath than their more fave actors? 

Anyway, I am one of those fans who don't care about his personal life. I am one of those who's averse  with excessive commercialism. I am not at all impress with all those CF and photoshoots E.g. Dominos Pizza - Back in 2011, I experienced paying for a Dominos whole pizza for almost $30 when it's only $10 in my home country. Seriously, it's not even a gourmet pizza. I wonder how much does their pizza cost now when their advert is literally everywhere. 

I love LJG because he is a great actor and being talented in others areas is a big bonus. I hope others will also reflect why they love LJG to know if they are loving him for the right reasons.

P.S. I just watched the latest Running Man episode. They use the passport concept like the JG passport. 

Well said sister. Well said. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like 7