Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

MLSHR BTS

Park Bo Gum And Lee Joon Gi Voted As Top 2 Best Dates For White Day

park bo gum lee joon gi

Park Bo Gum and Lee Joon Gi were chosen as the stars people most want to spend White Day with! White Day, March 14, is a romantic holiday celebrated in several Asian countries like Korea, Japan, Vietnam, and more.

A company carried out a survey from February 16 to March 9 asking, “Which star would you want to spend White Day with?” and a total of 768 people participated in it.

Park Bo Gum was chosen as No. 1, taking 49 percent of the votes, while Lee Joon Gi came in second place with 10 percent of the votes.

(skipped unrelated)

He also commented about Lee Joon Gi, saying, “Lee Joon Gi is receiving lots of love not only from Asia, but also from North America and Europe for his character Wang So in ‘Scarlet Heart: Goryeo.’ His visuals are always on point, and his portrayal of a charismatic yet romantic emperor is what seems to have captured the hearts of many.”

Meanwhile, (skipped unrelated) Lee Joon Gi is making his first reality show appearance in tvN’s “My Ear’s Candy 2” after successfully wrapping up his tour in Asia.

Source: https://www.soompi.com/2017/03/12/park-bo-gum-lee-joon-gi-chosen-top-2-celebrities-make-perfect-dates-white-day/

5 hours ago, oyashirazu said:

And thanks @emeraldblue and @pixelsticks for the clarification on his Bing Bang 'fan status'! Since I almost never listen to Kpop I never really know what he's actually singing... Shame on me. And yes, he's such a neat freak in a GOOD sense. I love that about him.

When Joon Gi went to China for a fanmeeting in Beijing in January 2013, in an interview said he likes Big Bang.

130129 LJG was a guest on Top Music Chart~ he likes Big Bang best, no to rich handsome roles

http://ent.sina.com.cn/y/k/2013-01-29/10523847191.shtml

539192_524181057614780_1258104862_n.jpg?oh=24bf4448923bf0d9381d2a8bac68e830&oe=5964744F

601306_524181130948106_1339842936_n.jpg?oh=a6157bb9154d7f516fc9e1a1afe24177&oe=5972047E

Korea popular star LJG held a fan meeting in Beijing recently, this is a Beijing revisit after two years of military service, LJG had an interview with Top Music Chart during his schedule, closing in to Lunar New Year, LJG conveyed his new year blessings to China fans, and chatted about his views on singing and acting.

LJG only wants to sing for his fans, he likes Big Bang best

China fans know LJG through his excellent performance in the Korea popular movie K&C and k drama MG which elevated him to the status of a hallyu star, although he began his stardom in acting, LJG likes singing too, and had released his single J Style in 2009, LJG expressed, 'I sing all because of my fans, do not compare me to that of a professional singer.' LJG said, 'I like Big Bang best, Big Bang not only sings on stage, they have powerful stage presentation and appeal, they are able to make their fans immersed in a stunning visual and audio feast.'

LJG longs for a breakthrough, not to continue to rich handsome roles

As for acting, LJG admitted,' I don't wish to repeat the rich handsome roles, I  want some breakthrough and challenge, trying out roles that I have never challenged before.'

At the interview scene, our reporter requested the demonstration of the 3 phrases from actor LJG, firstly, 'to act cute' , LJG at once did what is now the hottest in korea 1+1guiyomee 2+2little bunny, this handsome guy is no amateur at acting cute. Secondly, 'villain',LJG was almost into his role at once, he tossed the mic used in the interview onto the table, turned around and walked away, leaving behind this stunned reporter. Thirdly, 'J Style', that, he did not have to act, he said, it's his usual self.

Trans by cwng@JGfamily

acting cutie video~~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdoQ9X7u5iE&feature=youtu.be

• Like 11

1 hour ago, missmaudy said:

KKT is an action / melodrama PD. His works were more edgy based on his profile. He is the type of PD that will wrench your heart based on his line works. Definitely not a rom-com PD. The only rom-com he did was It's Ok, It's Love but that was not even your typical rom-com. It was actually quite edgy. He was also the main director of IRIS with Yang Yun Ho. I only love Bi-Rain as an actor in A Love To Kill and that was KKT work.

I know many would not agree with me, but to me Moon Lovers was a work of art. I only have comments on the casting. I would have hope they cast less known but talented supporting actors. Having weak actors in one scene was just painful to watch. Well KKT did a fantastic job having the kind of talents on those scenes. Those scenes were not that many anyways. For me, WAng So and those involved in the game of thrones were really strong actors which I think was the main plot of the drama. That is why I feel like any criticisms of Moon Lovers will directly affect LJG as Wang So was the centre of this drama. It was like directly saying he didn't effectively deliver his part and didn't capture the audience well enough which I find it quite unfair as I feel Wang So was a masterpiece.

I think you got me a little wrong here :wink: I never talked about KKT doing rom-coms - I watched MLSHR myself and know for sure it's not a rom-com. I talked about 'romance' and for me, romance isn't necessary = rom-com but stories about love. Maybe I've got a wrong idea of romance since at least in my opinion romance doesn't have to be kitsch and fluff. Anyways, heart-wrenching love stories are what I see as KKT's forte - not criminal dramas with little romance in them. And I do hope the remake of Criminal Minds won't emphasize love all of a sudden. That would destroy the whole concept of Criminal Minds IMO. I'm not saying KKT can't do action - he does it well. But his dramas so far tell me that he isn't much into pure action/criminal dramas but always needs love to be there, whether in the center or at least as a very meaningful part of the story - maybe IRIS is an exception but he didn't direct it by himself after all and he and Yang Yun Ho joined after the concept has already been created by Taewon Entertainment as far as I now - so I don't see IRIS as his "vision" or concept. I haven't watched all of his dramas so please tell me if he ever directed a drama aside from IRIS where love wasn't a quite integral part. 

Don't get me wrong - You probably don't remember my posts here or in the MLSHR thread but MLSHR is one of my all-time favorite dramas and I myself believe it's art. I love it because it's a deep and heartwrenching story which feels like a poem and much of this is thanks to KKT's direction. So of course I love KKT for it. But I still don't think he'd be a good fit for Criminal Minds nor do I believe that he himself wants to take on Criminal Minds at that. Not saying, though, that he wouldn't succeed if he wanted to direct Criminal Minds. 

So that's why I'm relieved he's probably not directing Criminal Minds. Doesn't mean I wanted to offend him or MLSHR fans - I'd be offending myself then.

@lisethvr Thanks for another great proof that Joon Gi likes Big Bang! :D You're research abilities are jjang!

Edited by oyashirazu
  • Like 11

5 hours ago, violina said:

@pixelsticks Hi unnie.The operative word here is that the "organizational robot" tendencies (hahaha) are MILD not heavy that you have to go for therapy, as you have noted with the cabinet example.So I would say that's a positive.

Because I can be assured that if say his wife goes away for days or weeks at least when she comes back there will be e.g. no trail of both dirty and clean clothes on the floor in the bedroom, or a pet peeve of mine..one pair of socks on the sofa in the living room and the other damp it on the toilet floor in the bathroom(hahaha you get my drift) like how hard is it to take care of two socks and leave them in the laundry basket.(ok I'm sounding like a mum) but yeah some people are like that and it's normal for them.No dirty dishes left unwashed for one week etc etc..

It's in the little things. So when you get a guy which is very rare, that has medium to high standards of orderliness thats I think a very attractive trait to have.

Jun Ki is man of rare breed int this modern world :D

Because of him women all over the world set their standard high when comes to choose their men 

• Like 11

@oyashirazu  thank you! feel free to re-arrange my messy words ^_^, i'm such a bad writer.

yes, LOL i think he could as well speak Icelandic, and we're all still melting into goo.

The list's very neat! Good work. Hopefully it reaches him, would be a lovely birthday present, for him and us all.

Adding to the list: He's a man of confidence. However, his reaction when he breaks down because of accidents or mistakes are even more adorable if not priceless. i.e: when he crying out 'eomeoni' when he's cooking dinner in My Ear's Candy, when he's panicking because of his May Day's out of tune, when he pouted and laughed hopelessly cause the fans kept repeating his 'Ja'.

Ah, I miss Yongee 

• Like 12

4 hours ago, lisethvr said:

He also commented about Lee Joon Gi, saying, “Lee Joon Gi is receiving lots of love not only from Asia, but also from North America and Europe for his character Wang So in ‘Scarlet Heart: Goryeo.’ His visuals are always on point, and his portrayal of a charismatic yet romantic emperor is what seems to have captured the hearts of many.”

He can be a bloody cold arrogant richard simmons , I'd still want him as my date ^_^ ----> sorry, i'm really trying hard to get through my withdrawals.

@junejungki I see you're still alive slash not drown by husband in Danube river.

'Because of him women all over the world set their standard high when comes to choose their men' -------> so..........the statistics of single ladies ( because all men around look like potatoes now) and divorcee ( because a lot of husbands are unhappy by their wives madness) in the world will increase ? Yep, true.

p.s: you can move with me to Seoul, if your husband dump you. I don't mind cats.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, luvkstyle said:

Anyone want to add to that??

Me! You have a point - if he was bad person or had baloon ego they wouldn't be able to work with him for so many years. :)

9 hours ago, violina said:

He is definitely an effective 1st lead as far as romance is concerned.I have run through his whole filmography and not once have I ever had second lead syndrome in his drama.

I had - when he was the second lead. :tongue:

• Like 10

5 hours ago, oyashirazu said:

@lisethvr Thanks for another great proof that Joon Gi likes Big Bang! :D You're research abilities are jjang!

Agreed!  So thorough!  Zutter, the word that JG wanted everyone to call him at the Singapore FM, is a GDragon & TOP (2 Big Bang members) song.  The word basically means dope, awesome or sick. BTS also uses it in their song Dope.  

And thanks for your take on the CM info that is out there.  More word should be coming out in a few weeks one would believe.  Especially if it is true to start on JG's bday.

4 hours ago, phenyl said:

i can't vote for LJG http://nanshen.ddyule.cn/ since yesterday...anyone have the same problem or is it just me?:(

And please help vote.Our LJG is now BOTTOM 3:bawling:

I haven't been able to either.  :angry:  Hey @Christabelita.  Didn't that happen to you before and you did something to fix it?  

@lisethvr slowly more BTS keep showing up.  I could watch BTS of the Monk fight scene over and over. 

As for the #100 list

#86 or ?? The Power of JG: A true Korean Ambassador of Culture. Why would people from Singapore, Phillipines, Korea, USA, Canada, Poland, Bermuda, Malaysia, New Zealand, Australia, "please add country here" connect online (Soompi) and in person (at fan meets)? Why it's the strong draw of an amazing Korean Actor, our true actor Lee Joon Gi.  We connect to discuss, share, research, analyze, create, revel and fangirl/guy over him and in the process, connect with other fans, cultures, and opinions along the way.  We attempt to learn Hangul and understand the cultural norms of Korea. We visit non-English websites to discover what content we can because obtaining valid Lee Joon Gi information is not that easy for an international fan. We support each other at fan meets and beyond.  The common denominator is Lee Joon Gi.

UGH my brain had this statement sounding so eloquent late last night.  I was thinking of elaborating more by specifically addressing fans in the Country section.  For example, "Why would an ajumma from Malaysia, an unnie from the USA, a Dongsaeng from Manila, a Noona from ????  But then again,  I was worried about making this list "too" wordy especially when it was going to be delivered in English. I do appreciate the thorough explanantions as to why a point was made in the list, but I also felt that a short statement would have more effect/impact and be easily read/understood (if it was only delivered in English).  Since JG receives a ton of gifts, cards, books, etc. I was wondering what would be the best presentation that would stick out and actually be read.  

• Like 7

On 2/26/2017 at 6:49 AM, emeraldblue said:

In the spirit of spreading the Joon Gi love list.

64.He loves animals (Dog lover).I think he had four dogs last time I checked but don't count me on this.But anyway I'm not into animals myself nor am I into kids..I find both extremely cute and that's it.But still any person, more so a guy and a huge celebrity at that who loves kids and animals that much makes feel feel they have a compassionate heart and that character trait in any person  to me is so attractive.

65. His onscreen presence is yet to be rivaled.I think it's safe to say he is one of the first definitions of "second-lead syndrome" in Kdrama.Anyone who watched "My Girl" (2006)drama knows what I am talking about.no wonder it didn't take even a year before he was promoted to first lead status to lead TBDW in 2007.

Its not the other actors fault because usually it's that when you put alpha-male/female actor and beta-male/female actor together ..alpha actor dominate and everyone in the screen fades into the background even if they are equal in talent and looks.

In TBDW, his charisma is so strong it's hard to believe the actor was only 25 and it was his first drama as lead.

@cedarwood Unnie roll back to page 1683 and onwards of this thread where we covered the discussion on Lee Joon Gi causing second lead syndrome when he is not leading the drama.Now we can count you in, as one of the many patients who suffered the earliest cases of SLS syndrome because of him.welcome to the club:D.The above quote is just part of that discussion.That is why I made special emphasis to twist that a little bit, to discuss why Lee Joon gi is one of the best ever first male leads to appear in Kdrama land and why we only have "LJG syndrome" when he is the main character.

Besides, I wouldnt consider any drama that he is not the main character, "his drama".its just that his presence is so strong that it feels like its his drama when its not.Thank goodness it didnt take too long for him to start headlining dramas.I would have hated to have seen him go for years unnoticed, like other extremely talented actors, who have been stuck in secondary roles with his kind of talent.That would have been a travesty.Can you imagine a world without lee joon gi leading "historical fusion dramas" and "crime/thriller dramas?" or him just stuck with secondary lovesick puppy roles?

• Like 10

6 hours ago, kiinn said:

He can be a bloody cold arrogant richard simmons , I'd still want him as my date ^_^ ----> sorry, i'm really trying hard to get through my withdrawals.

@junejungki I see you're still alive slash not drown by husband in Danube river.

'Because of him women all over the world set their standard high when comes to choose their men' -------> so..........the statistics of single ladies ( because all men around look like potatoes now) and divorcee ( because a lot of husbands are unhappy by their wives madness) in the world will increase ? Yep, true.

p.s: you can move with me to Seoul, if your husband dump you. I don't mind cats.

yeah, this is because I woke up at 5am instead of 3am this morning to lurk Jun Ki's thread :tounge_xd:

Thank you for your offer. I keep that in mind if my hubby dump me when we return to Malaysia. :grin:

• Like 7

so far @oyashirazu unnie updated us with the JG love list and we got to #83. four points have been added so far hope unnie you are keeping track:wub:

88.(maybe).When I was watching the zaobao singapore interview.He was saying how curious he is about being a "bad boy, since he is the "good boy type", who is conscientious about what people say about him.Then something crossed my mind.I am amazed at how he has managed to maintain a good balance, between having a positive public image, and maintained an air of mystery around his private life, for such a long time(10+ years).I mean he is human and allowed to make mistakes, and what he does in private is none of our business. But its like everywhere he goes, both in Korea and International, he commands respect not only as an actor but as a person.It is very rare to find people talking negative things about LJG (netizens, staff, co-workers, journalists(although they say he had a brief "star sickness episode" at the early stages of his career but who wouldnt when you suddenly become famous haha).

This is a very difficult thing to do when you are a celebrity or public figure especially a very successful one like LJG. Respect!!How many idols, actors and celebrities, some who debuted later than lee joon gi both in Korea or even across the world have fallen prey to scandals, controversies became subjects of tabloid gossip.Of course some of it is baseless, but still for our love LJG to rise above it all, when he is such an open and transparent person, is still all kinds of awesome.

• Like 11

Ermm... *looks around* How far are we with our magical list of things we love about Joon Gi? 87?

Let me add 2 new points! Or 3! :D 

88. His profile is a perfection. Ever noticed that? Perfect forehead, slender nose, beautiful lips and that ideal jaw shape. 

89. It's always Joon Gi. No matter how many dramas you want to watch you always chose the one with Joon Gi as your first choice. You'll find extra time just to see another episode as soon as it's available. There are so many actors yet it's always HIM you chose because he has that something that makes him so addictive. 

90. Korean in his mouth sounds like the most beautiful music. :wub:

• Like 13

[Eng sub] 20170124 Cross interview with Lee Joon Gi and Milla Jovovich

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B841LMvHvTufd2VuTmJRUE01Mmc/view

Robert Holley talked about Joon Gi

On 12/3/2017 at 1:41 AM, popdedi said:

A big hello to all. I'm a new supporter of JG (after watching Scarlet Heart) and was fortunate enough to attend his fan meeting in Singapore. He made a lot of effort to speak in English, which I am sure his international fans were very appreciative of. He invited his fans to attend the Encore fan meeting in Seoul, but I wonder if international fans will be able to understand what he'll be saying (I am assuming he will be speaking in Korean most of the time, but will he have an English translator right beside him?) Well I guess if anyone is lucky enough to get hold of tickets, maybe just being able to see him up close will be good enough. :):)

At Joon Gi's fanmeeting they provide headphones international fans with translation. You can read here story of Patoi, she attended his fanmeeting for his birthday last year.

• Like 6