Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

But Wang So was such an iconic role that I believe it's best that he distances himself from that role for a while.

Right.Joon Gi is actually a really smart guy.Like the way he totally did a 360 degree change after his first iconic role Gong Gil which is a historical role(2005).After delivering that performance,he goes and does a rom com(my girl)even willing to be second lead then(2006) and then changes again in (2007) to lead a crime thriller time between dog and wolf.His choices have been strategic so far.If he takes this latest one, I believe he will have thought carefully if not I won't be crying a river either.If they give him a historical again il still watch coz he is so.darn good, just want to see him in a drama already.

• Like 13

31 minutes ago, violina said:

Right.Joon Gi is actually a really smart guy.Like the way he totally did a 360 degree change after his first iconic role Gong Gil which is a historical role(2005).After delivering that performance,he goes and does a rom com(my girl)even willing to be second lead then(2006) and then changes again in (2007) to lead a crime thriller time between dog and wolf.His choices have been strategic so far.If he takes this latest one, I believe he will have thought carefully if not I won't be crying a river either.If they give him a historical again il still watch coz he is so.darn good, just want to see him in a drama already.

You're right. He does like to challenge himself and tackle on different genres and characters. But before the King and the Clown became a huge hit, I think he didn't have much choice on roles, and he signed on My Girl before the movie was released. That's why he only get to be a second lead on that :wink: 

So while waiting for his next project, I was missing Wang So yesterday so I rewatched some fanvids I like very much about the drama, and today look what I came across on tumblr (sorry can't integrate the gifs here). This breaks my heart. Indeed Wang So left a deep impression on people.
http://krysyuy.tumblr.com/post/157692868019/there-was-no-in-between-for-him-insp

• Like 14

About the new and yet to be confirmed drama. … I like CW. Loved  her in My Fair Lady ,Brilliant Legacy, The Innocent Man and The Princess' Man. But Good doctor was just meh for me so I didn’t bother to watch her latest.  And honestly I haven’t seen criminal mines even though it’s a  type of series I might like. When it comes to remakes and adaptions it can go either way, depending on the budget, writer, director and so on.   

As I’ve noticed LJK has always made a good choice for his projects. The only drama I’m not so keen of is JG and that maybe because I had higher expectation from the producer (as it was nothing wrong with the acting). If he choose this remake I hope it goes well and they don’t waste LJKs talent!

• Like 8

15 hours ago, lisethvr said:

Hahaha, you're not the only one and this is a gift for you :wink::wub:.

Oh thank you! :wub:

I'll take it as my birthday gift. :wink:

11 hours ago, junejungki said:

His legs and his sun kiss skin colour. :love:

Hmmm - skin colour - which number of our love-list that would be? :love:

11 hours ago, emeraldblue said:

Anyone who watched "My Girl" (2006)drama knows what I am talking about.

Oh I know too well what you're talking about. Probably the strongest SLS I ever had. 

• Like 8

wow so now i have to be worried he might not do CM because of his fans?? :unsure::wacko: i just need him to do a new drama.. a movie will be fine too. but i need him to have some rest... i just want to see him. lol

I think is good for fans to want him in a high rating drama (i want it too, for his sake) but a true fan must support his choices.  i wouldn't be here if he hadn't done MLSHR. I'm so thankful he took the role, and more thankful i decided to watch the drama (i was on the blink of not watching, because i was not excited about the rest of the cast!) to me MLSHR is my fave drama ever and Wang So my fave character :wub: 

@lisethvr hope you keep posting the hawaiian pics. love them all:love: 

btw i love his legs... even whe he's so thin you can see he has well shaped legs. i guess it's a mix of his amazing genes and his martial arts :wub:

imageproxy%208.gif imageproxy%207_1.gifimageproxy%209.gif

• Like 15

2 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

wow so now i have to be worried he might not do CM because of his fans?? :unsure::wacko: i just need him to do a new drama.. a movie will be fine too. but i need him to have some rest... i just want to see him. lol

I think is good for fans to want him in a high rating drama (i want it too, for his sake) but a true fan must support his choices.  i wouldn't be here if he hadn't done MLSHR. I'm so thankful he took the role, and more thankful i decided to watch the drama (i was on the blink of not watching, because i was not excited about the rest of the cast!) to me MLSHR is my fave drama ever and Wang So my fave character :wub: 

btw i love his legs... even whe he's so thin you can see he has well shaped legs. i guess it's a mix of his amazing genes and his martial arts :wub:

imageproxy%208.gif 

Support his  choice yes, but if the drama lack a decent storyline a true artist must be ready to get  some critic. I don't doubt he's ability to act.  Neither do I see high ratings as success. Many of the dramas I have loved have had low ratings in Korea. And I also know how hard it must be to top ML. I don't expect ANYONE to top that and WS in a LOONG time. I do, however, want to see a well written and well produced drama!

Gotta  love how positive he is! HAHA "this is what makes it unique.." LOL

• Like 8

5 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

You don't have to worry, many of his fans opposed to SWWTN and MLSHR and yet he did, not all his fans are so authoritarian in wanting to impose their opinion, also has many fans who write messages saying that they will support him in what Joon Gi decided do. Now, if all his fans were opposed maybe I would be worried because Joon Gi has repeatedly said that he is a very stubborn person and that when he decides to do something nobody can make him change his opinion except his fans, but as I told you he also has many fans who don't press him and on the contrary they write him support messages.

More pics from  2016 Hawaii Photobook 

Credit to the logo as tagged 

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, sentado y primer plano

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, primer plano

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, primer plano

• Like 12

10 hours ago, cedarwood said:

Hmmm - skin colour - which number of our love-list that would be? :love:

We stopped at number 65.

66.I propose that we add this on our love-list at number 66.No one mentioned how beautiful his skin colour is.

67.His commitment and passion for his main profession as an actor.Il explain.So you see the guy is not only an actor, he has other side endeavours as a model, ventured into music and variety show so he can interact better with his fans.But all of these side professions can be full time careers on their own, they are demanding.You can see how this manifests itself physically by how much his weight fluctuates every now and then.He is such a workaholic.

but still each and every year he continues to participate in at least one acting project.he could take a hiatus for one year or two, and God knows the guy deserves some rest..So I find that really admirable.And he does it all so cheerfully,see his photoshoots always jumping around,see his bts at film sets he is the moodmaker and at recording studio still so cheerful.

• Like 12

21 hours ago, emeraldblue said:

Unnie,I agree with what you are saying.now that you mention it.I am starting to suspect the age range of the people writing these negative comments.from what our chingu has translated.you can see some of the comments are really childish.It could be some older fans are included but I really really have a strong feeling it's the newer fans who have just started following Jun ki's career plus haven't really gotten to know Lee Joon Gi the person, plus some haters disguised as fans in the mix.Because really the genuine level- headed Lee Joon Gi fans don't care about ratings, awards, genres whatever. We just want to continue to enjoy his works that's all. if all those other things come along as a result of his project, fine and good if they don't it's ok.our love for Lee Joon Gi has no conditions attached.We see Lee Joon Gi's name, we support.

sorry if I offend anyone with everything I have said.love and peace everyone.

I agree with everything you said except that 'the genuine level-headed Lee Joon Gi fans don't care about ratings, awards'. Regarding the awards of course we care because we feel he deserves them and it is unfair for him that his hard work and magnificent performance isn't recognized and about rating, his fans do care about rating, not because it's important for us, but because I think it's important for him, to Joon Gi affects him if a project does not go well or the drama receives bad critics, an example of it is that when SWWTN was being transmitted, the drama had low ratings and received bad critics regarding to the script that even added another screenwriter from episode 10, well I liked myself despite some flaws that drama may have had. Well just after episode 10 was broadcast despite his fans writing messages of support, Joon Gi posted this pic and he wrote a message saying 'I am so sorry ...'.

No hay texto alternativo automático disponible.

The fans were pretty worried and we sent many encouraging messages until he showed up again and we were so relieved after seeing the pic and message that he posted as he seemed ok.

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona

So that's why their Korean fans are worried and mention SWWTN, they are afraid that the same thing will happen again because most of remakes didn't go well in Korea and there is also the theme of the screenwriter. In that sense I understand their  worries since the fans want the best for him but what I can not understand is that some fans cross the limit and they try to pressure him by making those kind of comments.

• Like 11

@leesopark16 Thank you for posting the link to @krysyuy tumblr - so many wonderful MLSHR GIFS, writings, thoughts etc, to peruse :D Thank you krysyuy for putting it together :)

@lisethvrThank you for all the Hawaii pics - I love the first one from your last post - the pics are so big  - almost lifelike :tongue:  I had the sudden urge to run my hand through his hair - not sure why haha - is it the sun shining on it?  I love the style and it looks so thick and soft :wub:

It is sure going to be interesting to see what 'Criminal Minds' Korean style will look like :)  I do hope they find a good writer who will do it justice.  I wonder if Joon Gi is back in Korea now...he leaves for Singapore on the 2 March according to his schedule.  He's been absent from his IG for a week now - yes he did say have a good week - ha :tongue:

• Like 10

Well I guess my question was answered - he's home :)  Poor Joon Gi he does look exhausted.  As for the coat - I think it looks too big on him - it doesn't look so bad in @Silvermaine picture but he looks like he is swimming in it.  Well he only has 2 days to catch up on sleep and get ready for Singapore FM - I guess he's got it all figured out though :tongue:

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Silvermaine said:

From South Korean designer Juun J's Spring/Summer 2017 collection.

I like the rugged look though. :D maybe because I'm 22 and into streetwear lol. 

Spring/Summer Collection? More like a Winter design. That Jacket is what exactly I need for outdoor at peak of winter. But $2K? Wow!

• Like 10

7 hours ago, lisethvr said:

So that's why their Korean fans are worried and mention SWWTN, they are afraid that the same thing will happen again because most of remakes didn't go well in Korea and there is also the theme of the screenwriter. In that sense I understand their  worries since the fans want the best for him but what I can not understand is that some fans cross the limit and they try to pressure him by making those kind of comments.

Have they realised that they are one of the reasons why the drama was a failure? I noticed that in Korea knets comments have an impact on the outcome of anything. If they are really a good fan, they shouldn't really say those negative comments esp. if they can't say it objectively. They can't really say that a drama is good or bad if they have not watched it yet much less not even produced yet.

I have watched SWWTN, it's not exactly my favourite but LJG did really well in this drama. I could understand why he decided to do it. At least it did perform better than the Assembly. I can't compare it with YongPal I decided not to watch it as I was put off by Joo Won's performance in Good Doctor. I don't think people with Savant Sydrome would act like that esp for an adult.

Was SWWTN a live shoot drama because it seemed like it? The drama was actually good but it looked like they didn't have time to polish it or even shoot enough footage. That's just my perception comparing it with pre-produced dramas esp. Moon Lovers.

For Moon Lovers, I think International viewers saved that drama from disaster. For me, it's the best kdrama I've seen and Wang So was the best portrayed so far. Just my two cents, I understand other have different opinions.

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 15