Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

10 minutes ago, booho said:

guys, don't know about this, but the title is

Han Seok-gyu vs Kim Rae-won vs Lee Jun Ki? SBS Acting Grand Prix

** it's means LJG still be nomited on daesang ??

I think it's speculation again about the nominees. Glad they included him on this one though.

• Like 10

On 04.12.2016 at 1:53 PM, nightwitch said:

The last information ab. best korean drama ever voting.

http://voteformost.net/best-korean-drama-ever-poll/?f

Stand now: MLSHR 4392 voices already (4th place)! Please don't stop voting!

3. Queen Seon Duck 5173

2. Inspiring Generation 8942

1. DOTS 10799

You can vote once a day per each device and per each browser. Let's vote for MLSHR

Stand now: 

MLSHR 5594 voices (3th place)! Plus 1202 voices! Please don't stop voting! We have a giant gap up to 2nd place!

4. Queen Seon Duck 5267

2. Inspiring Generation 9094

1. DOTS 11570 (plus 771 voices)

You can vote once a day per each device and per each browser. Let's vote for MLSHR!

http://voteformost.net/best-korean-drama-ever-poll/?f

Another votings by voteformost:

Kdrama 2016

http://voteformost.net/best-korean-dramas-2016-poll/

MLSHR at 2nd place and an another monster gap up to 1 place (DOTS)

K-actors 2016

http://voteformost.net/most-handsome-korean-actors-2016-poll/

LJK on 5th place

And an SBS-Voting (here you need be registered for voting):

Best couple 2016:

http://saf.sbs.co.kr/2016/together/vote.jsp?lang=en&pgType=act&voteType=couple

Voting dates : December 9–30, 2016 (until 24:00)

You can vote once a day

The results will be revealed live during the 2016 Drama Awards

Please support HaeSo!

• Like 11

9 hours ago, minekas said:

7first kisses- making film:)

'It's like The Avengers.' Honestly this guy.:blush:
But I really like how he sounds so confident, saying it would be a blockbuster drama, he's like 'B***h we slay!'. Yes Joon Gi we also wonder, how they managed to gather all of you otherworldly beings to participate in this project.

• Like 15

9 hours ago, gallevi said:

I just had a wild idea. Imagine Joon Gi and Ha Ji Won in drama together, something like 'Mr. & Mrs. Smith' kind of concept. It would be so awesome. Their visuals match nicely too in my opinion:smile:

But then, those two together would be awesome in any setting really.:blush:

Eh, I can only dream :dissapointed_relieved:

I am not familiar with Ha Ji Won (Empress Ki & Secret Garden is on a list to watch) but I SO was thinking a role like "Mr. Smith" would be a good challenge for JG.  

Question for all: Do you believe the low Korean ratings for MLSHR will, in turn, restrict acting offers to LGJ in terms of kdramas?  Even with the many other ratings (CPI, Brand, Top Action Star, Hallyu Star) seemingly off the charts? 

• Like 10

39 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

I am not familiar with Ha Ji Won (Empress Ki & Secret Garden is on a list to watch) but I SO was thinking a role like "Mr. Smith" would be a good challenge for JG.  

Question for all: Do you believe the low Korean ratings for MLSHR will, in turn, restrict acting offers to LGJ in terms of kdramas?  Even with the many other ratings (CPI, Brand, Top Action Star, Hallyu Star) seemingly off the charts? 

2 hours ago, missmaudy said:

Which rating?

Firstly, MLSHR has been rating consistently on 1st or 2nd on CPI. CPI uses wider data and it is ranking all programs which includes drama & variety shows.  So in my opinion being on top spot or 2 actually have more bearing compared having 20% spot on traditional TV index.

Secondly, on the tradition TV index, it may not have reached the 20% mark or consistently maintained a double digits through out its run, but rated decently except for few episodes. lt has achieved the highest rating on the last 4 episodes amongst dramas aired on the same time slot.

Take a look at this, it is really important for people to understand.  Tradition TV index is measured from the viewership of 2000 households which are selected as samples.  If you look closely on the ratings, drama actually just hold around 35% of the total market share. That is why if one drama gets more than 20% mark, other dramas may only have around 7% rating.

If we look a little more closely, say out of the 2000 households:

35% or (700 households) = watch drama

35% or (700 households) = watch other kinds of shows

30% or (600  households) = do not watch TV === what if this group of viewers watched on streaming either live or later dates?

Seriously, TV rating is not a strong indication of popularity and marketability.

In addition, FYI, Content Power Index (CPI), also conducted by Nielsen Korea  uses wider data than the traditional TV index which is also conducted by the same company.

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 7

@lisethvrThank you for posting the video of Lee Joon Gi with Holley - it was heart-warming to see their bond and friendship :)  I have watched it several times now and I am so thankful for the English subs :D  Their friendship is an interesting story from the interviews I have read.  I'm so glad they keep in touch despite busy lives.  I love the photo of him with Holley and the other person - you can see that he hasn't really changed just matured ..... beautifully

:P:wub:

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, jgismyking said:

Is Lee Joon Gi officially nominated for a daesang? I hope he wins although chances might be slim..he totally deserves that grand prize!

13 hours ago, missmaudy said:

Which rating?

Firstly, MLSHR has been rating consistently on 1st or 2nd on CPI. CPI uses wider data and it is ranking all programs which includes drama & variety shows.  So in my opinion being on top spot or 2 actually have more bearing compared having 20% spot on traditional TV index.

Secondly, on the tradition TV index, it may not have reached the 20% mark or consistently maintained a double digits through out its run, but rated decently except for few episodes. lt has achieved the highest rating on the last 4 episodes amongst dramas aired on the same time slot.

Take a look at this, it is really important for people to understand.  Tradition TV index is measured from the viewership of 2000 households which are selected as samples.  If you look closely on the ratings, drama actually just hold around 35% of the total market share. That is why if one drama gets more than 20% mark, other dramas may only have around 7% rating.

30% or (600  households) = do not watch TV === what if this group of viewers watched on streaming either live or later dates?

Seriously, TV rating is not a strong indication of popularity and marketability.

The chances is slim? Please see analysis about rating in the above. Also both CPI and TV index are conducted by Nielsen Korea. Another thing, I think the antis are circulating about the rating issues which unfortunately fans also took the bait.

LJG totally deserves the big prize. It's really about the big performance. I wish to believe it is. Why, say during the Iljimae time, the drama peak at 31.4% & averaged at 22%. While it did not win the Daesang? Why the award went Moon Guen Young for Painter of the Wind which rated only at ave. 13%?. In fact it was the time when traditional tv rating was still relevant.

Now, as per my above explanation.... more than 50% probably don't watch TV anymore...... Most of them probably watch dramas online.. which is counted on the CPI rating. The rating would not be the hindrance for him winning the big award.

We just have to lobby for LJG Daesang.  That kind of character and performance is one of a kind.  LJG probably has to top that in his future performance.  It has been awhile since The King and the Clown that he got such amazing character that allows him to showcase his amazing acting skill & talent. I have seen dramas of the other nominees and their performances on them , Lee Joon Gi's Wang So is on another level.

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 16

45 minutes ago, jgismyking said:

Is Lee Joon Gi officially nominated for a daesang? I hope he wins although chances might be slim..he totally deserves that grand prize!

13 hours ago, missmaudy said:

Which rating?

The chances is slim? Please see analysis about rating in the above. Also both CPI and TV index are conducted by Nielsen Korea. Another thing, I think the antis were the once circulating about the rating issues which unfortunately fans also took the bait.

LJG totally deserves the big prize. It's really about the big performance. I wish to believe it is. Why, say during the Iljimae time, the drama peak at 31.4% & averaged at 22%. While it did not win the Daesang? Why the award went Moon Guen Young for Painter of the Wind which rated only at ave. 13%?. In fact it was the time when traditional tv rating was still relevant. Now, as per my above explanation.... more than 50% probably don't watch TV anymore...... Most of them probably watch dramas online.. which is counted on the CPI rating.

We just have to lobby for LJG Daesang.  That kind of character and performance is one of a kind.  LJG probably has to top that.  It has been awhile since The King and the Clown that he got such amazing character that allows him to showcase his amazing acting skill & talent. I have seen dramas of the other nominees and their performances on them, Lee Joon Gi's Wang So is on another level. There's no reason for him not to win the big award.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, missmaudy said:

The chances is slim? Please see analysis about rating in the above. Also both CPI and TV index are conducted by Nielsen Korea. Another thing, I think the antis were the once circulating about the rating issues which unfortunately fans also took the bait.

LJG totally deserves the big prize. It's really about the big performance. I wish to believe it is. Why, say during the Iljimae time, the drama peak at 31.4% & averaged at 22%. While it did not win the Daesang? Why the award went Moon Guen Young for Painter of the Wind which rated only at ave. 13%?. In fact it was the time when traditional tv rating was still relevant. Now, as per my above explanation.... more than 50% probably don't watch TV anymore...... Most of them probably watch dramas online.. which is counted on the CPI rating.

We just have to lobby for LJG Daesang.  That kind of character and performance is one of a kind.  LJG probably has to top that.  It has been awhile since The King and the Clown that he got such amazing character that allows him to showcase his amazing acting skill & talent. I have seen dramas of the other nominees and their performances on them, Lee Joon Gi's Wang So is on another level. There's no reason for him not to win the big award.

I hope you're right. *fingers crossed* I really want him to win this award because of his amazing performance as Wang So. 

Edited by jgismyking
  • Like 18

On 12/9/2016 at 0:08 AM, yumezu said:

Hahah I'm so with you. I'm all the way "OMG girl you followed him tho you'd no idea who he is?! yaaw he could be serial killer in disguise!" just because he's LJG lol. The part he'd played the slides of pics got me goosebumps "What a stalker!" Hahah I would jump and run. That's a sign you gonna get killed soon might stab and throw you into the pool. Nevertheless, he's so fine that I grinned and smiled throughout the episode :wub: tho the storyline is so cheesy~

I didn't particularly like his role as the church oppa. I can see why he says he can't act in romantic roles, there isn't enough depth in that kind of character for him. He could certainly play the romantic psycho role to perfection. I would love to see him in a "Monte Cristo" kind of role in a modern drama.

• Like 11

On 12/9/2016 at 4:03 AM, jgismyking said:

I became a Lee Joon Gi fan after watching him in Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Ryeo. He was so good in that series and literally blew me away with his acting skills! I hope he tries a rom com drama next time !! Cannot wait for his next series!:)

I am not sure I want him in a romantic comedy unless the writer is outstanding and the co-star is at his level of acting.  He did "Hero" and that was so-so.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, luvkstyle said:

@lisethvrThank you for posting the video of Lee Joon Gi with Holley - it was heart-warming to see their bond and friendship :)  I have watched it several times now and I am so thankful for the English subs :D  Their friendship is an interesting story from the interviews I have read.  I'm so glad they keep in touch despite busy lives.  I love the photo of him with Holley and the other person - you can see that he hasn't really changed just matured ..... beautifully

:P:wub:

We have Holley to thank for inspiring LJG and giving us such a great actor :)

• Like 13

50 minutes ago, hiluna said:

I didn't particularly like his role as the church oppa. I can see why he says he can't act in romantic roles, there isn't enough depth in that kind of character for him. He could certainly play the romantic psycho role to perfection. I would love to see him in a "Monte Cristo" kind of role in a modern drama.

Agree with you. I love character and role with more depth. So far, he took on this type of layered roles (except Hero) and although this complex role generally not so popular with the public (unlike the cheesy alpha male type of hero like DOTS), I appreciated that he is more concerned over his growth as an actor. I recently watched 1996 HK movie "Shanghai Grand" and I think LJG would be perfect to portray either Andy Lau or Leslie Cheung's kind of role. If he is to do rom-com, I want something like Bradley Cooper's character in "Silver Linings Playbook".

• Like 9