Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

I love him! I have so many good things to say about him based on what i watched and read but i cannot organise my thoughts at the moment. I can tell that he is not a shallow person. This guy is not just intelligent but wise, too. Regarding his acting, it is impeccable! I first saw him in My Girl when my classmates requested that we watch tv first before we start working on the prototype of our thesis, he was good then but now i think it's perfection at its best. One thing that i like about him is he sometimes post in english on his IG account. He is sensitive enough to consider his non korean speaking fans. And that to me means a lot regardless of the reason why he is doing such. :)

• Like 10

5 hours ago, cedarwood said:

My country was under occupation of Germans during II World War but it's not that I hate Germans or something. Every country is different and see things differently. I was never in Korea (I wish I was!) but I read books about Korea, many written by people who not only visited this country but they live ther (outsiders who happen to live in Korea now). I read it in those books (not all of them but w few mentioned it) that it's of course because of Japanese occupation. There was a case commented I think all around the world that during those times Korean women were forced to work as prostitutes for Japanese soldiers (some of them are still alive). And because of that if you tell Korean that he looks like Japanese he would feel offended 'cause it's as if you suggested that his mother / grandmother was a prostitute. Sure you don't but it's unpleasant topic to them (can't blame them actually!).

Btw Joon Gi doesn't look like Japanese. He looks like manga character and manga cartoons don't look like Japaneses actually - tall with long legs, blond*, big blue* eyes - this is not how Japanese look like. They don't have round eyes or blond hair. Japanese characters look more like ideal type for Japanese but impossible to be alive. ;) 

I read about that too, with China and Korea being most sensitive when come to Japan. Actually, most of the Southeast Asian countries (excluding Thailand) were under Japanese occupation and subject to a lot of brutalities which is common during war. But putting aside this irrelevant subject, I guess their sensitivity levels are higher compare to us, those originating from Southeast Asia. Having visited China, Korea and Japan and being Asian, tbh, the people from these 3 countries actually have quite a lot in common including their physical traits. But the most glaring difference would be Koreans are comparatively taller than Japanese. And we may need to agree to disagree on this, I still think he does look more like Japanese.

@willenette @leesopark16 Yes, there was an article on this and he was in fact the first choice for the male lead in Chuno/Slave Hunter. Tbh, I don't enjoy the drama, as @cedarwood mentioned, too many shirtless scenes and let's just say, I am not fond of the male lead doing too much screaming. I don't know whether the endless screaming was required for the role but my mom was a fan of that particular actor who replaced Jun Ki, only to drop the drama and lose all interest in him because of the torturous screaming. Nonetheless, Jang Hyuk won Baeksang's Best Actor for Chuno. 

And yes, @elisluvgeunscouple he was also the first choice for Faith but having to drop out because of his military enlistment, only to be replaced by Kang Ji Hwan who managed to shoot a few scenes but dropped out due to contractual dispute with his agency and then only Lee Min Ho stepped in. But thank goodness he did not do that drama. I am sorry but Faith was a mess.

• Like 8

Oh ya, talking about Faith, I guess Jun Ki has always wanted to do a 'time travelling" theme drama since long time ago. And what a coincidence that both Faith and MLSHR using the Goryeo period as their setting and a funny coincidence that Choi Young from Faith handed over his belt to Wang So which he wore during the rain scene. And let's just say that I am so thankful that he didn't get to do Faith cause Choi Young's hair is nowhere near the impressive Wang So's mane of glory. Having said that, I am confident that it would be impossible for any other K-actors within the nearest future to possibly top up Wang So's glorious look in MLSHR.

And talking about his future projects, why do I have a feeling that he won't be taking up any project until the release of Resident Evil?

• Like 11

On 9/28/2016 at 5:43 PM, addaxi said:

So I've been on a LJG kick recently and I rewatched King & The Clown. I'd forgotten how much I love that movie! Watching it after MLSHR also sort of gave me whiplash (lol) because Wang So and Gong-gil are such different characters but he plays both so well. 

imagine the reaction of Moon Lovers's fans who didn't know who Lee Joon Gi & only saw him as Wang So then they go & watch Gong Gil LOL he's such a versatile actor 

• Like 10

14 hours ago, minmar said:

So what is it about his face. Well we all comment on his beautiful eyes, his perfect nose and delicate mouth, his amazing profile yet here are other actors who have features close to that. He isn't especially tall and he doesn't have a super buff body in fact for most of his career we barely saw his body. It is that face and what his expressions do with it that have mesmerized us. At the center it is his ability to display his vulnerability as a male that hits us like an aphrodisiac. His face is so beautiful that it rivals a woman's beauty or mimics the perfect lines of an anime drawing yet in spite of that we do not see anything effeminate only something  hot and sensual.

To me, it is so much more than just his physical looks.  As far as pretty boys go, they are a dime a dozen.  What sets him apart is pure charisma and screen presence.  The camera loves him.  He has that "je ne sais quoi" factor that is so elusive and hard to define and that so few people have.  Kim Soo Hyun is another actor who has that level of charisma.  Call it the x-factor, the star factor or charisma, it is an elusive and very hard to define "essence" that only a few possess.  Add that to pure unmitigated talent and you can call it the Lee Joon Ki factor. :) 

• Like 12

Spoiler

I swear LJG must be some kind of drug in human form LOL, I've been obsessing for him and just checking out everything about him from IG, bts, pics, videos... it's crazy! I found this video from last year's FM on his birthday, It's fun to watch although I wish I cound understand korean haha.... 

PS: anyone would be kind enough to translate his conversations please? pretty please?

• Like 10

5 hours ago, AuroraSky said:

To me, it is so much more than just his physical looks.  As far as pretty boys go, they are a dime a dozen.  What sets him apart is pure charisma and screen presence.  The camera loves him.  He has that "je ne sais quoi" factor that is so elusive and hard to define and that so few people have.  Kim Soo Hyun is another actor who has that level of charisma.  Call it the x-factor, the star factor or charisma, it is an elusive and very hard to define "essence" that only a few possess.  Add that to pure unmitigated talent and you can call it the Lee Joon Ki factor. :) 

Oh yes. You said it very well.  He has charisma and the camera loves him but it is his vulnerability that touches me and speaks to my heart.  No actor can pretend to look that vulnerable.  He is.. inside.. that vulnerable.  That innocent and unspoiled honesty of emotion.  The look in the bath scene ....the one he used in the King and the Clown.    OMG.   I want to respond to that... to touch him there. To tell him he is loved and never ever let him be hurt. Yikes!  I has it bad!

I guess the difference is.. I think I'm in love with the man...not his characters,... or even his excellent acting.   EEP!

• Like 10

he's such a fun easy going character in RL, a bit of a dork too (in a super cute way) I can't believe he is 35 y/o man, he's acting like a teenager LOL..... such a cutie.... you can tell from all his IG and BTS, specially this new one... can you believe this funny guy is WS? He must get an award for this drama...

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Mona Ys said:

he's such a fun easy going character in RL, a bit of a dork too (in a super cute way) I can't believe he is 35 y/o man, he's acting like a teenager LOL..... such a cutie.... you can tell from all his IG and BTS, specially this new one... can you believe this funny guy is WS? He must get an award for this drama...

Hide contents

Oh my goodness - how can you not love this guy :P  To me he seems a bit of a chameleon.  I see photos of him in a suit and I die - he looks so very manly and swoon-worthy and then I remember his Instagram video riding his hoverboard :P  and he seems so fun-loving. Then there are the airport scenes, and the fashion photo-shoots - I could go on.

I haven't commented on Soompi before Moonlovers.  I have been a fan of Joon Gi since Iljimae but kept it to myself.  I don't know anyone else that I can talk to about my 'love' for him and K-dramas and always just been a lurker on Soompi but Moonlovers has 'brought me out' haha. 

I thank you for all your comments, pics and videos.  I've become seriously addicted to the two Soompi sites :blink: not wanting to miss out on anything.  I guess we're all pretty much feeling the same.:D

• Like 11

13 hours ago, hiluna said:

he describes himself as looking very ordinary. When he goes running people don't recognize him.

That's good. I can't imagine ppl interrupting him daily activities just because he's famous. I hope he can noramally go to a shop, run streets, drink coffee in public and go for a walk to the park. 

13 hours ago, hiluna said:

he must have that IRL as well

What's IRL? *stupid cedarwood*

10 hours ago, sukbin said:

Koreans are comparatively taller than Japanese. And we may need to agree to disagree on this, I still think he does look more like Japanese.

True, Koreans are one of the tallest nationalities in Asia. But I still disagree about him looking like Japanese. High cheekbones, V jaw - that's not common Japanese I say. :) But I'm not expert so... 

I am not fond of the male lead doing too much screaming. I don't know whether the endless screaming was required for the role but my mom was a fan of that particular actor who replaced Jun Ki, only to drop the drama and lose all interest in him because of the torturous screaming. Nonetheless, Jang Hyuk won Baeksang's Best Actor for Chuno. 

You're not alone. I hate too much screaming. And I'm actually not a fan of an actor who played that role in the end but that's not important now. 

I never knew Joon Gi was considered for this drama. It's a surprise.

I knew about Faith <<<< still I like that drama even if it's not perfect. There are boring parts of course but the main storyline is good (at least to me). 

And talking about his future projects, why do I have a feeling that he won't be taking up any project until the release of Resident Evil?

No idea why you think that. He gives us a drama per year and when RE6 will be released he would be probably in talks about new one. Sure - considering new drama isn't the same as doing one but it's still a lot of time to prepare when he decides to do one. He usually does summer-time-dramas so don't worry. I'm sure he won't leave his fans waiting too long. :)

7 hours ago, AuroraSky said:

The camera loves him.

Oh that's understatement. ;) Watching ML makes me realize that camera is a woman totally in love with him. :wub:

• Like 12

I'm not familiar with the tools in this forums. Tried to share a Youtube video of LJG's fashion photo shootings. There's one with geisha like make up. That man with three martial art's black belts sure is prettier than most women :D. I'm sorry if my link doesn't work, you can delete this 

• Like 10

37 minutes ago, hiluna said:

Not stupid, I had to look up OTP :D IRL is "In Real Life"

*facepalm* Now I feel even more stupid - I read IRL few times before and knew what it means but forgot. 

31 minutes ago, smitten1710 said:

I'm sorry if my link doesn't work, you can delete this 

It works - it shows as a video. Same thing will happen if you put link to a picture. Don't worry, everything's fine. :)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, smitten1710 said:

I'm not familiar with the tools in this forums. Tried to share a Youtube video of LJG's fashion photo shootings. There's one with geisha like make up. That man with three martial art's black belts sure is prettier than most women :D. I'm sorry if my link doesn't work, you can delete this 

I think this was taken just before he went into the military hence the short haircut at the end. He can look beautiful and manly for sure. His soul is beautiful and can be seen in his eyes. I am so happy for him that he is now ranked #1 Korean actor in China. It has been a long time coming and well deserved. Now all he has to do is get the Baeksang award for best actor :sweatingbullets:

• Like 11

1 hour ago, smitten1710 said:

It must be kinda old video, I believe now LJG is trying to avoid 'pretty' make up. Since his movie King and the Cloud, he's been trying to avoid 'girly' roles and only chooses manly action dramas with some romance. Even after 10+years, people are still thinking he is THE flower boy. I can't blame them though,  as handsome as he is, LJG is even more beautiful than most girls.

• Like 10

★ Lee Joon Gi official magazine 2016 (2 books and DVD)

[Lee Joon Gi official magazine 2016 Vol.1]
■ Title: Lee Joon Gi in Hawaii Big Island
■ Number of pages:160 pages
■ Release Date: November 11, 2016 
★ Benefits: Autograph session will be held for only 300 magazine buyers!

[Lee Joon Gi official magazine 2016 Vol.2]
■ Title: Lee Joon Gi in Hawaii Oahu
■ Number of pages: 160 pages
■ Release Date: Will be released in April 2017!

Sales price: JP¥11,000 (excluding tax)
※ shipping fee isn't included

Reservations start date and further information will be announced at a later date.
(Trans by miho_tan)

http://leejoongi.jp/information/?id=624

Source : JG Family

FB_IMG_1475244600304_zpsm46laouh.jpg

• Like 11