Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

2 hours ago, sukbin said:

Not bad at all. Noticed the increased in ratings the moment LJK took over the screentime starting from Episode 7. Just when few weeks ago, many thought that passing 6% is an achievement, so I am glad now that they have managed to pass 7% mark. Bring it on.

Hi sukbin, ye, not bad at all - Thanks for sharing this info.  Unlike Fans of South Korean dramas in Malaysia and Singapore they have fallen in love with Scarlet Heart currently airing on ONE, Astro Ch 393. ONE is available in Malaysia. The series premiered same-time-as-Korea last August 29 and since then has consistently won the 9pm timeslot each Monday and Tuesday evening. :P

• Like 7

2 hours ago, sukbin said:

Not bad at all. Noticed the increased in ratings the moment LJK took over the screentime starting from Episode 7. Just when few weeks ago, many thought that passing 6% is an achievement, so I am glad now that they have managed to pass 7% mark. Bring it on.

That's why I'm happy to post it, the drama goes down to 5% with a lot of critisms and now they made it back again to 7% (wish to achieve 10%). Last week I didn't expect to achieve 6.9% (closer to 7) knowing that it will against to the final week of monster.  It's true the increase of rating was due to JG screentime (I don't want to admit it bcos this drama is effort of all the casts but he dominates the screen...what can I do, that's why I write the other factors that may add the ratings), being him on screen the plot is moving and the other characters were developed and its getting more and more intense every episode. He is the driver of this drama. 

Conclusion for episode 10 (don't want to write it but... ) JG overshadow all the characters from the beginning to the end of the episode. 

Re: IU's acting, the girl is fine... I feel that she can do more during emotional scene, she proves it in episode 5 but in other scene she is lacking and the close up make it more obvious. 

1 hour ago, willenette said:

Hi sukbin, ye, not bad at all - Thanks for sharing this info.  Unlike Fans of South Korean dramas in Malaysia and Singapore they have fallen in love with Scarlet Heart currently airing on ONE, Astro Ch 393. ONE is available in Malaysia. The series premiered same-time-as-Korea last August 29 and since then has consistently won the 9pm timeslot each Monday and Tuesday evening. :P

Hi @willenette I am Malaysian and I am happy that so many from my home country sharing the same love towards the drama. Of course, they are some (especially the fans of the other drama) not happy over the reverse reception between Korea and Singapore/ Malaysia. I read a lot of negative comments over this happy news on DB and decided not lurk in there anymore. The buzz is of course not as big as DOTS (sorry, I mentioned other drama here only for reference) since Malaysians especially the youth not really into saeguk but Scarlet Heart definitely hit all the right notes with the international audiences. Jun Ki is recognizable in Malaysia only for My Girl and I am happier than many more are taking notice on him. Look at his IG followers now, he is just 120k short to reach 1 million. Above all, I am most thrilled that lion share of credits given to him for his fantastic performance in Scarlet Heart.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, proudme said:

That's why I'm happy to post it, the drama goes down to 5% with a lot of critisms and now they made it back again to 7% (wish to achieve 10%). Last week I didn't expect to achieve 6.9% (closer to 7) knowing that it will against to the final week of monster.  It's true the increase of rating was due to JG screentime (I don't want to admit it bcos this drama is effort of all the casts but he dominates the screen...what can I do, that's why I write the other factors that may add the ratings), being him on screen the plot is moving and the other characters were developed and its getting more and more intense every episode. He is the driver of this drama. 

Conclusion for episode 10 (don't want to write it but... ) JG overshadow all the characters from the beginning to the end of the episode. 

Re: IU's acting, the girl is fine... I feel that she can do more during emotional scene, she proves it in episode 5 but in other scene she is lacking and the close up make it more obvious. 

The drama indeed is a collaborative effort. I normally read the recap at DB after watching each episode. If you read the comment sections, most credited Jun Ki and it is so hard to deny that he is the anchor of the drama. Like the blogger of A Koala's Playground mentioned, "At least Moon Lovers has Lee Jun Ki holding down 99% of the fort and keeping it afloat". I think he has been burdened with this task of carrying a drama solely on his shoulders since SWWTN. 

Regarding IU, I agree that she is "perfectly fine" only that "perfectly fine" is not good enough at this stage. I wish not to discuss it here since this is Jun Ki's thread. I have voiced my opinion at the drama's thread. 

Above all, I am happy that the ratings showing improvement, I really hope it will break double digit soonest possible and am glad that Jun Ki is aware that the drama and him is receiving a lot of love and support outside Korea. Now, he needs to come to Malaysia!

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, sukbin said:

Hi @willenette I am Malaysian and I am happy that so many from my home country sharing the same love towards the drama. Of course, they are some (especially the fans of the other drama) not happy over the reverse reception between Korea and Singapore/ Malaysia. I read a lot of negative comments over this happy news on DB and decided not lurk in there anymore. The buzz is of course not as big as DOTS (sorry, I mentioned other drama here only for reference) since Malaysians especially the youth not really into saeguk but Scarlet Heart definitely hit all the right notes with the international audiences. Jun Ki is recognizable in Malaysia only for My Girl and I am happier than many more are taking notice on him. Look at his IG followers now, he is just 120k short to reach 1 million. Above all, I am most thrilled that lion share of credits given to him for his fantastic performance in Scarlet Heart.

sukbin, ahhh............NICE to know you're from there. :P

• Like 1

Spoiler

IU is doing fine, but yeah she lacks a bit of versatility and subtility in showcasing emotions. The contrast is really showing when she is with LJK, hard to match his level of control and expressiveness.  Was he always THAT good ? I'm impressed each episode...  But I think IU is going to surprise us in today's episode. Judging from the stills :) 

The ratings going up might also be because Monster ended, and the new drama replacing it was just premiering yesterday. It also coincides with the plot picking up too though. We'll see how tonight's episode does ~ Anyway really HAPPY the drama is doing great in Malaysia, Singapore and China :) 

Edited by LyraYoo
please refrain from discussing other actors in this thread
  • Like 7

29 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

IU is doing fine, but yeah she lacks a bit of versatility and subtility in showcasing emotions. The contrast is really showing when she is with LJK, hard to match his level of control and expressiveness.  Was he always THAT good ? I'm impressed each episode...  But I think IU is going to surprise us in today's episode. Judging from the stills :) 

The ratings going up might also be because Monster ended, and the new drama replacing it was just premiering yesterday. It also coincides with the plot picking up too though. We'll see how tonight's episode does ~ Anyway really HAPPY the drama is doing great in Malaysia, Singapore and China :) 

Hi leesopark, NICE to know also that the drama is doing fine in China. Despite of the ratings, LJK has never disappointed me. :P

• Like 4

Hello all! 

I am new to this forum and I have been lurking and liking peoples' for a while. It's time to delurk because Lee Joon Gis current drama is so interesting and it's more fun to interact with all of you. I became a fan of Lee Joon Gi's acting after I watched Scholars Who Walks the Night. I have no much idea  (I have watched My Girl way before but I was too focused on the main couple romance story) of who he is but during the first few episodes when he transformed into a vampire I was like this guy can really act. After that I turned into an avid fan with watching most of his dramas, BTS, videos and reading his English interviews' translations (the heart of a fan.. T T) and he seems to have good, honest, responsible, down to earth and hardworking as hell personality. He had gone through a lot in his life. I hope he has a girlfriend or married before he his 40 because I can see how lonely he his after watching the Healing Camp episode. His drama that I like are SWWTN, Iljimae, Two Weeks, Arang & Magistrate and not forgetting the infamous The King and the Clown. I am currently watching Scarlet Heart Ryeo and will watch Time Between Dog and Wolf when I have time. 

I have to applaud his great efforts in every project he takes. He always delivers his 110% in each movie/project and his acting always increase another level with each movie/drama he undertakes as witnessed in the currently airing Scarlet Heart Ryeo. The drama is fabulous, fresh in the Kdramaland and very interesting. 

I hope for his next project he will work in a movie with more veteran and A-list actors like Song Kang Ho and Hwang Jung Min. 

Edited by buryly
  • Like 13

4 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

@buryly, hi ! Welcome ! :) Glad to see he also gained fans from SWWTN. 
Time Between Dog and Wolf is a must watch. You won't regret it. I also recommend the movie Virgin Snow if you have not seen it yet. It's a lovely love story.

Thank you! I will give them a try. :blush: 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, buryly said:

Hello all! 

I am new to this forum and I have been lurking and liking peoples' for a while. It's time to delurk because Lee Joon Gis current drama is so interesting and it's more fun to interact with all of you. I became a fan of Lee Joon Gi's acting after I watched Scholars Who Walks the Night. I have no much idea  (I have watched My Girl way before but I was too focused on the main couple romance story) of who he is but during the first few episodes when he transformed into a vampire I was like this guy can really act. After that I turned into an avid fan with watching most of his dramas, BTS, videos and reading his English interviews' translations (the heart of a fan.. T T) and he seems to have good, honest, responsible, down to earth and hardworking as hell personality. He had gone through a lot in his life. I hope he has a girlfriend or married before he his 40 because I can see how lonely he his after watching the Healing Camp episode. His drama that I like are SWWTN, Iljimae, Two Weeks, Arang & Magistrate and not forgetting the infamous The King and the Clown. I am currently watching Scarlet Heart Ryeo and will watch Time Between Dog and Wolf when I have time. 

I have to applaud his great efforts in every project he takes. He always delivers his 110% in each movie/project and his acting always increase another level with each movie/drama he undertakes as witnessed in the currently airing Scarlet Heart Ryeo. The drama is fabulous, fresh in the Kdramaland and very interesting. 

I hope for his next project he will work in a movie with more veteran and A-list actors like Song Kang Ho and Hwang Jung Min. 

Hi @buryly welcome to us !  let's share our love and support for our Lee Joon Gi ! :)

• Like 8

Our Joon's latest work is slowly moving up in the domestic ratings which is nice but the international ratings are the real killers here.

According to IBT in SE Asia the show has .....a 73% audience share*.  that of course is in addition to the 1.1 in China....... That's ginormous.!

Major Congratulations to our sweet Joon. :wub:

*http://www.ibtimes.co.in/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-excels-internationally-garners-1-1-billion-views-china-695000

• Like 14

3 hours ago, minmar said:

Our Joon's latest work is slowly moving up in the domestic ratings which is nice but the international ratings are the real killers here.

According to IBT in SE Asia the show has .....a 73% audience share*.  that of course is in addition to the 1.1 in China....... That's ginormous.!

*http://www.ibtimes.co.in/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-excels-internationally-garners-1-1-billion-views-china-695000

Finally!!! People are recognizing what a great actor he is.  He deserves all of the praise and recognition he is getting.  I'm really happy for Lee Joongi right now.  I bet he is very happy too.  I'm glad they are tracking the views from online streaming.  Now, South Koreans can see how loved Joongi is outside of Korea despite the fact they have not been watching his dramas in Korea.  Why does it take people from China, Singapore, Malaysia and the rest of the world for South Koreans to see what a great actor Lee Joongi is?  At any rate, I am happy for his success.:P

• Like 8

4 hours ago, minmar said:

Hi minmar, thanks for sharing the link.  I’m happy that“Scarlet Heart: Goryeo” has an increase in ratings with 7.1 percent, a 0.9 percent increase from its previous viewership rating of 6.2 percent. :P

Hong Jong Hyun Reveals What He Learned from Lee Joon Gi On The Star

Hong Jong Hyun Reveals What He Learned from Lee Joon Gi On The Star

Hong Jong Hyun recently worked with The Star magazine for a photoshoot. The photos were taken with theme of “Me, Myself, and I,” and portrayed Hong Jong Hyun as an unstoppable actor enjoying his own time.

After the photoshoot, the actor continued to an interview, where he talked about his latest drama “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo.” “I thought about a lot of things while watching Lee Joon Gi and Kang Ha Neul on the set of the drama. They’re always at work, and are earnest. Watching them put others first despite being in hard circumstances made me realize that I needed to work harder as an actor.”

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 8

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" Episode 11

photo767417.jpg

Prince So's solution to the assassination plot against his brother was, as we see recapped at the beginning of this episode, rather needlessly dangerous. It was only through sheer force of will that Prince So was able to prevent an immediate crisis from breaking out. The actions of the other actors in the carnival of Goryeo politics render that sacrifice meaningless anyway, even if for another day, Prince So is able to save his brother. But is this really a sustainable plan?

The answer to that question is, of course, obviously not. Freaked out as Soo is by the supposedly inevitable royal massacre, time and again it's hard to see any other plausible outcome to the constant plotting in "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo". As usual the historical perspective is fairly interesting. The drama actually presents a pretty good political argument against polygamy- the surfeit of available princes provides some fairly perverse backstabbing incentives for just about everyone.

But on the more emotional level, the character contrast has more emphasis. Prince So knows that he lives in a genuinely vicious time period, and his generally desperate efforts to rise above that are reasonably inspiring. It is unfortunate that most of the time the only plan Prince So can come up with to solve problems is mass murder, but he's a man of limited skill sets, all of them related to being a tough guy.

Elsewhere, Prince Wook is more of a sweet, affectionate smart prince, who is obviously more in tune with Soo's modern sensibilities. Unfortunately, when faced with a similar ethical dilemma as what Prince So deals with on a regular basis, Prince Wook is forced to make a similarly bad choice. The issue is not intent. Whether Prince So or Prince Wook want to be a nice guy is besides the point. There's simply too many members of the royal family hanging around and no good way to get rid of them except through murder.

I'm perhaps being a bit overdramatic, since no royal family members actually die here. But other people do, and this is an intriguing ethical issue. Soo, too, is forced to realize that the only way to save the royal family is by sacrificing lesser palace staff as scapegoats. This is no more morally tenable, because even if Soo herself can expect a rescue, no one else can. That's a big helping of reality that can't be ignored by anyone going forward.

Review by William Schwartz

"Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" is directed by Kim Kyoo-tae, written by Jo Yoon-yeong and features Lee Joon-ki, IU, Kang Ha-neul, Hong Jong-hyeon, Nam Joo-hyeok, Baekhyun and Ji Soo.

Episode 11

Watch on DramaFever

source : Hancinema

• Like 6