Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

1 hour ago, dejun said:

We should care as it's good for his acting career.  High ratings received locally will ensure that he receives more good scripts.  Another favorite actor I admired mentioned before that he has no lack of scripts offered to him but very few good ones he wishes to act in.  It's important that JG's dramas are successful as he wants to be an actor on long term basis.  It's his passion.  I still want to enjoy his performance onscreen years down the road.

I know, rating influence the career, but many good drama didnt get good rating. I remember once moon geun young said in her award speech for top excellent award on cinderella's sister that they didnt make the drama to achieve a high rating, they want their drama to become an evaluation for their work...lee jun ki drama always popular internationally n he awarded for his great work even his drama got low rating,

The number of awards that they have and a good agent will also has a big influence for their career. I think..rating influence the income for the station, the more high rating they have, means the more money come to the tv station, . Correct me if I am wrong. Since he is joining namoo actors agent, his career is increasing significantly, he has many good drama n even international career by joining resident evil even as he said it was only cameo.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

No dear. Please re-read my reminder. This is to also not bring any misunderstandings for fans who go to this thread which are also fans of other dramas and actors. :) . 

I honestly don't prefer posting reminders but there is a need because this is an actor's thread after all. For those who still want to discuss the concerns about drama ratings , feel free to create a separate discussion in the 

k-entertainment general discussion

His drama is on going so it is fine if fans opted to discuss it here, but please refrain from including comparisons of other dramas as well. 

I hope that clarifies the purpose of the reminder.

아랐서

고마워

:D

• Like 1

Joon is without a doubt the best actor in Korea. It is just a shame that until now so few have cared or noticed. Perhaps they had doubts simply because he was so beautiful. Perhaps they didn't notice his natural talent because it tends to burst out and could be seen as overacting. I only know that because I saw everything he did in a short space of time it gave me an advantage. Perhaps it allowed me to see the breadth of his ability more easily. Perhaps because I didn't live in SK or experience his celebrity I didn't take him for granted. Whatever the reason, I had no doubt the talent was there . I just felt that at some point that face and talent had to finally get broader recognition at home and his career would explode.

Appreciation for this project inside SK was weak at first but I believe a shift is about to occur. Given the reports regarding the popularity this has gained outside of SK it is possible that from this natural and non industry driven hype may come some real curiosity about what is drawing so much attention. If so, it will be that curiosity which brings the ratings.

• Like 13

Just thought everyone would want to know, I hear .MLSHR has now reached 1 Billion viewers on Youku. 

PartyPartyParty   Emoticon 0152 Heart      King  Emoticon 0152 Heart        PartyPartyParty

(.the total number of initial viewers for that other big drama seen in China was 2.3 billion) 

MLSHR is nearly half way there with episode 8

• Like 13

5 hours ago, minmar said:

Just thought everyone would want to know, I hear .MLSHR has now reached 1 Billion viewers on Youku. 

PartyPartyParty   Emoticon 0152 Heart      King  Emoticon 0152 Heart        PartyPartyParty

(.the total number of initial viewers for that other big drama seen in China was 2.3 billion) 

MLSHR is nearly half way there with episode 8

congratulations MLSHR got more than 1 billion views in China and his IG has more than 800K followers, uri Joon got appreciation everywhere and has increased popularity, I hope he is happy. 

Btw I love the kissing scene at the end episode 9, both international and korean version, I kept watching it over and over, he is just so sexy with his sharp jawline. I know I was worried with his loosing 15 kgs weight during filming this drama, but it is really makes him look younger and sexier and I saw him swimming body, he got muscles now hahaha.... Love him!

• Like 8

17 hours ago, minmar said:

Joon is without a doubt the best actor in Korea. It is just a shame that until now so few have cared or noticed. Perhaps they had doubts simply because he was so beautiful. Perhaps they didn't notice his natural talent because it tends to burst out and could be seen as overacting. I only know that because I saw everything he did in a short space of time it gave me an advantage. Perhaps it allowed me to see the breadth of his ability more easily. Perhaps because I didn't live in SK or experience his celebrity I didn't take him for granted. Whatever the reason, I had no doubt the talent was there . I just felt that at some point that face and talent had to finally get broader recognition at home and his career would explode.

Appreciation for this project inside SK was weak at first but I believe a shift is about to occur. Given the reports regarding the popularity this has gained outside of SK it is possible that from this natural and non industry driven hype may come some real curiosity about what is drawing so much attention. If so, it will be that curiosity which brings the ratings.

I remember I read somewhere that him being a brilliant yet underrated actor is because he is so consistently good (Ok yes, now I remember, the blogger of A Koala's Playground mentioned this).

So, I view his scenario the same as Leonardo Di Caprio. He has been long underrated despite that he gave out powerful performance each and everytime because people never watched any bad performance from him to do any comparison and to elevate a certain performance as great. It's unlike Matthew McConoughey whom is more of a mediocre actor to begin with and once he pulled one great performance, everyone seems to take notice.

That's the same with Jun Ki. His projects may not do well but his performance never let us down, in fact always mind-blowingly good. Unlike some other K-actors, they may pull out one good performance after a number of forgettable ones, and so the public has the medium to compare with and therefore elevating that performance as great.

Though I was hoping that MLSHR will become the platform for him to shine in SK and yet did not turn out that way (though he is getting more popular outside SK now), I still have faith that he will rise again with a really good project soon. Just continue praying for his success.

• Like 12

56 minutes ago, sukbin said:

I remember I read somewhere that him being a brilliant yet underrated actor is because he is so consistently good (Ok yes, now I remember, the blogger of A Koala's Playground mentioned this).

So, I view his scenario the same as Leonardo Di Caprio. He has been long underrated despite that he gave out powerful performance each and everytime because people never watched any bad performance from him to do any comparison and to elevate a certain performance as great. It's unlike Matthew McConoughey whom is more of a mediocre actor to begin with and once he pulled one great performance, everyone seems to take notice.

That's the same with Jun Ki. His projects may not do well but his performance never let us down, in fact always mind-blowingly good. Unlike some other K-actors, they may pull out one good performance after a number of forgettable ones, and so the public has the medium to compare with and therefore elevating that performance as great.

Though I was hoping that MLSHR will become the platform for him to shine in SK and yet did not turn out that way (though he is getting more popular outside SK now), I still have faith that he will rise again with a really good project soon. Just continue praying for his success.

Hi sukbin, I couldn't agree with you more -  It's really personal preference but the plot for this drama is fun so, IDK why it seems that it doesn’t pass to Koreans/native’s taste. I have no idea why though. Nothing is wrong with this drama. The storyline is good, at least for me. I still believe that Lee Jun Ki has an eye for picking dramas. Sigh..... If you're hitting 6.2% on public broadcast, that's about a 0.6% on cable, which basically means no one's watching it. The story is getting more interesting, though. Lee jun ki is literally amazing. Poor Kang Ha neul & Lee Jun Ki – especially LJK, he is carrying hard. It’s fine, LJK - it doesn’t matter since you like what you’re doing. I hope he doesn’t get discourage by the ratings. :P

• Like 10

Hi All, I'm new here. Just wanna express my gratefulness and appreciation that I'm able to watch Lee Joon Gi's excellent performance in Ryeo. I will go on to visit his previous projects. (I've only watch oh my girl and King and the Clown like 10 years ago...sorry Mr Lee....)

He's such a powerful actor!!!! Just knew he filmed in Hollywood's blockbuster too, wow!!! Wish he will have more great work in the future! 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, willenette said:

Hi sukbin, I couldn't agree with you more -  It's really personal preference but the plot for this drama is fun so, IDK why it seems that it doesn’t pass to Koreans/native’s taste. I have no idea why though. Nothing is wrong with this drama. The storyline is good, at least for me. I still believe that Lee Jun Ki has an eye for picking dramas. Sigh..... If you're hitting 6.2% on public broadcast, that's about a 0.6% on cable, which basically means no one's watching it. The story is getting more interesting, though. Lee jun ki is literally amazing. Poor Kang Ha neul & Lee Jun Ki – especially LJK, he is carrying hard. It’s fine, LJK - it doesn’t matter since you like what you’re doing. I hope he doesn’t get discourage by the ratings. :P

Hi @willenette I think he should be ok despite the low domestic rating of MLSHR and am glad to mention that the moment the drama showcased more LJK's screentime, the public took more interest. He just posted a thank you message on his IG for the Youku viewership reaching 1 billion mark which means, he is taking notice of the support that he is receiving outside SK. And the rise of his IG followers which is short of 200K to reach 1 million when MLSHR has only been broadcast up to episode 9. It is still a win for him, he has more fans outside SK now and that is a good sign.

• Like 10

@vyshiva Thanks for sharing. I love the side by side comparison. Same actor, same pose, same eyes yet transpiring totally polar opposite different aura. Only the eyes doing the talking. That's the testament of a brilliant actor and that is our dear LJK. :heart: So much respect for him.

• Like 8

Hi yorobun,

Been a LJG fan since Iljimae. And i always follow his activities and drama.

Btw, i want to share something about my feelings towards our oppa. 

I watched JG Style back in 2012. I forgot which episode, but i remembered, while he was being make up and put on his Satto attire, he said something about his role on many of his sageuk dramas. He said that he started playing sageuk as a commoner (Gonggil - King and a clown), then continue as a long lost crown prince's son/ Bandit (Iljimae), and continue to be a magistrate (Arang and the Magistrate). Back then he said, he will be on his way to act as a king. And 4 years later, here we are now, watching LJG's Scarlet heart Ryeo. And he is playing Wang So who will be future King Gwangjong. 

And when i watched the last 10 minutes scene SHR eps 8, and saw LJG wearing King's robe, and has those evil and powerful gaze, i can't help but my eyes fill with tears. OUR OPPA IS NOW A KING. 

I know it's somewhat overreacting, but hey, i'm a proud fan. Proud with his achievement. 

Hope he doesn't affected by the SK's low ratings. Because, with or without those ratings, he gain a lot of recognition and new fans since SHR. 

Way to go, oppa.

• Like 14

I wish to point something out about my previous post on the Iljimae Blu-ray set. I thought the episodes would have English subtitles, but now I found out that it won't. Only the commentary/interview MAY be subbed if enough copies are pre-ordered. With less than 10 days left, I don't think it's going to happen at this point. At any rate, if you have placed your order believing that it would have English subtitles, you might want to cancel it since it won't be subbed. It will be automatically canceled and your money refunded if the pre-order sale doesn't reach its target by the end of this month.

On the other hand, Korean fans of MLSHR are starting to organize a team to request for it to be released on DVD/Blu-ray with all the deleted scenes. This one should include English subs for the episodes and maybe if enough interest is shown early on, we may be able to ask for the special features to be subbed as well. Please pray that this will happen so that we can see all the deleted scenes of Wang So!

• Like 10