[Current Drama 2024] Scandal - 스캔들 - Mon to Fri @ 19:50 KST

6 hours ago, kboramint said:

This is KBS. A conservative broadcast channel. They'll diferently will not allowed this. 

This is true... if we don't include the dailies Nameless Woman and Heaven's Promise. 

Spoiler

In Heaven's Promise, the FL was married to her uncle-in-law, since the SFL's dad was actually her (and her twin's) dad, and not the SFL's dad.

In Nameless Woman, the FL also got married to her uncle, because her bio-mother was the main villain. FL married her bio mom's husband's brother (so bio mom's brother-in-law) for revenge. FL didn't know the main villain was her bio mom till almost the end of the drama.

I guess this will lead to a misunderstanding that he was with another woman. 

Technically he was, just not on the wedding day.

Side note: the timeline is very confusing. If it's 2024 now, and we jumped back 22 years ago in episodes 2 & 3, it'd be 2002. But Dong-Ho's (Seol-Ah's father) grave says 1999? Is it 22 or 25 years? Did the writer miscalculate something?

2 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

5.7 (4th)

The rating is 6.7, not 5.7. Korean sites updated it today. 😁

Here is the relationship chart! It's in Korean. If I can figure out a way to translate it, I will. Or maybe someone proficient in Korean can do so?

Scandal relationship chart.jpg

• Like 4

@liyahsbutterfly he was her step uncle in law. Her stepmother’s half brother.

They are not blood related, I would not call that incest.

I don’t remember unknown woman much except that it was hilarious unintentionally. The FL was in a sageuk and quite well known, but she was trying too hard, me thinks.

I have got more names figured out.

The family practically tricked him into a new identity. I wonder if he will recognise SA.

14 hours ago, Lmangla said:

think we are going into incest type territory where Joo Ryeon and Jin Ho are either full siblings or half siblings

Ok in which episode did they show JH’s parents? I thought he was an orphan like SA.

7 hours ago, kboramint said:

Ok, it looks like that the ML didn't get skip his wedding due to the fact that he was with a mistress but rather he was hit by the FLwith a car and was taken to her house (hidden from her family, btw) and it looks like he has some sort of amnesia.  

I guess this will lead to a misunderstanding that he was with another woman. 

I

There is whitewashing here. He did spend the night with JR but he was shown to be sleeping in a chair. I don’t get it.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, maribella said:

he was her step uncle in law. Her stepmother’s half brother.

They are not blood related, I would not call that incest.

Oooh, I forgot about that.

13 minutes ago, maribella said:

I don’t remember unknown woman much except that it was hilarious unintentionally. The FL was in a sageuk and quite well known, but she was trying too hard, me thinks.

Some parts of the show were ridiculous. The FL played in a villain in Golden Garden. I haven't watched much of her stuff, so I'm neutral on her. But the writing itself was odd.

There was quasi-incest in Unknown Woman. And a lot of birth secrets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

Based on the Character sheet, Seol Ah and Hyun-Woo will have a romantic fling? 

31 minutes ago, maribella said:

FL (Han Chae-Young) was pretty popular actress during 2000-2010. Her most popular drama was Sassy Girl Chun-Hyung and was in Boys Over Flowers. 

• Like 3

FL (Han Chae-Young) was pretty popular actress during 2000-2010. Her most popular drama was Sassy Girl Chun-Hyung and was in Boys Over Flowers. 

@liyahsbutterfly and I were referring to another series that had hints of incest.

I didn’t know she was in BOF. I watched about 1/2 of ep 1 and quit when I felt they glorified bullying because the perpetrators were  going to repent. She was in Autumn tale.

They were obviously a couple at the award party. But the way they made the ML a reluctant cheater tells me that she might still end up with him.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, maribella said:

I didn’t know she was in BOF. I

watched about 1/2 of ep 1 and quit when I felt they glorified bullying because the perpetrators were  going to repent.

BOF made me cringe when I watched it. Dropped it immediately and I did not finish episode 1.

12 hours ago, kboramint said:

They end up in a relationship, not a fling.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

They end up in a relationship, not a fling.

Sorry, I'm not used to the Korean slang that was used for their relationship chart. The hangul literally translates to "thrill".  I guess it could also mean crush, or relationships that are starting and exciting.

11 hours ago, maribella said:

I didn’t know she was in BOF. I watched about 1/2 of ep 1 and quit when I felt they glorified bullying because the perpetrators were  going to repent. 

BOF is a Korean adaptation of Hana Yori Dango.  Basically a story about a poor girl that falls love with a rich high school bully. 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, kboramint said:

Seol-Ah had a miscarriage in today's episode 

And based on a preview, it looks like FL is going to change his idenity and take avantage of his amnesia?  

Looks like the whole family was in the scam. They were the only people who knew his real name.

• Like 4

On 6/26/2024 at 11:37 AM, liyahsbutterfly said:

Here is the relationship chart! It's in Korean. If I can figure out a way to translate it, I will. Or maybe someone proficient in Korean can do so?

@liyahsbutterfly  Hi, I'm not Korean, but I've used Google Translate to learn the characters' names in the drama, which I've written in red ink. I hope the chart provides you with some useful information too.

Scandal Characters

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, renaoh said:

Hi, I'm not Korean, but I've used Google Translate to learn the characters' names in the drama, which I've written in red ink. I hope the chart provides you with some useful information too.

Hello! Thank you so much for the translation! This is very useful and makes the drama easier to understand in terms of characters and relationships.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, renaoh said:

@liyahsbutterfly  Hi, I'm not Korean, but I've used Google Translate to learn the characters' names in the drama, which I've written in red ink. I hope the chart provides you with some useful information too.

thanks for your hard work; it looks like we will have some additional characters show up -- am curious to see this "nanda park" who is the aunt to nanny's husband -- maybe she will finance seol ah on the way.

we also have the doctor who signed the fake death certificate on the chart -- maybe he will pop up again later. that would be very much in poirot type twist. 

re: @joccu @liyahsbutterfly

• Like 1
  • Love 1

What the heck... The FL and her daughter (Ju-Ryeon) actually planning on changing Jin-Ho's idenity? Even though they are aware that he has a fiancee. Like they are going to raise him into thinking he's someone else and make him into a top star? This is basically kidnapping and indenity manipulation. 

Also... they claim that they don't know where Jin-Ho lives (to Ju-Ryeon's father) but they have his wallet which probably has his ID and his smartphone which has phone numbers to everyone he knows. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kboramint said:

Also... they claim that they don't know where Jin-Ho lives (to Ju-Ryeon's father) but they have his wallet which probably has his ID and his smartphone which has phone numbers to everyone he knows. 

Just to show they are obsessed with him and the man is a fool, manipulated by wife and daughter. He should take the guy to the police and let them solve it.

• Like 2

I noticed that low-income hoseholds in daily dramas are always stuffing teddy bears. 

The FL blames JH for getting hit by her car (he jumped in front of her car) and losing his memory. I guess she kind of told him the truth. Shouldn't Jin-Ho ask if he has a family? Did he get manipulated into thinking he tried commiting suicide?

The drama has now claimed that Jin-Ho and Woo-Jin aren't related     

Sooner or later, the heroine is going to see the CF (Commercial Film/ TV Ad) and find out that Jin-Ho is alive.

Yeah... she's going to find out next episode.  

• Like 2