Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

'Wook Dong-i' is a success.. Character pop-up that looks exactly like Lee Dong-wook is well-received

optimize

Actor Lee Dong-wook's character 'Wook Dong-i's pop-up cafe has ended successfully.

On the 31st, King Kong by Starship released several photos from the site along with the news of the success of the pop-up cafe 'Wook Dong-i and the Peach Farm' of Lee Dong-wook's official character 'Wook Dong-i', which was held from the 17th to the 30th in Samcheong-dong.

Lee Dong-wook's official character 'Wook Dong-i' is a baby white lion who loves peaches. He resembles Lee Dong-wook in every detail of his face, from his white skin, big eyes, and moles on his cheeks to his favorite fruits and hobbies. Lee Dong-wook opened the first offline character pop-up store for a domestic actor in November of last year, and this year he also opened a pop-up cafe for Wook Dong-i. In particular, this pop-up cafe has been visited by not only Korean fans but also fans from all over the world, making his popularity even more real.

Spoiler

optimize

https://www.starnewskorea.com/stview.php?no=2024073116030516196

It is nice that Gong Yoo and Lee Dong-Wook are together in a new commercial.

5954aedb78c3bf6d02f96551f60a58af39b68f5e

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=415677421507400&set=a.265801199828357

• Like 1

*** On August 6th, multi-content studio HiGROUND has announced the production and broadcast plans of 'Good Man'. The drama is set to wrap up filming by the end of this month and is slated for broadcast in the first half of next year.   :hypehype:

*** Recently, Lee Dong Wook, Minho, and volleyballer Kim Yeon Kyung were spotted at the Paris airport traveling to attend  The Olympic Games Paris 2024. They're supporting Team South Korea. Later, Minho and Lee Dong Wook were seen cheering on the Korean national table tennis team. They weren’t sitting by each other, but they were in the same frame! I hope he enjoys the rest of his trip!    :kaching1:

*** The Directors Guild of Korea (DGK) published a list of ten series that a jury had found to have successfully met the requirements of the Bechdel Test on August 9th. The shows on the list include Not Others, Castaway Diva, Knight Flower, Tell Me That You Love Me, Daily Dose of Sunshine, The Midnight Romance in Hagwon, A Shop for Killers,  Pyramid Game, Strong Girl Nam-soon and LTNS. A panel of experts evaluated 91 series released between July 2023 and May 2024 across public, general, cable, and streaming platforms for the Bechdel Choice 10. Shows like Knight Flower and A Shop for Killers were included for breaking the mold by placing women in the lead of action-packed stories. The winners will be announced this month (August) on the Bechdel Day 2024 website and social media (@bechdelday).   :emmm:

b0e711a54a8fd60c2f362db5f3d57356.jpeg

4ea32ded6bd7957fcd60ee02a9f923ff.png

c2e2c0f08c07f7d7953317411cb8ca8a.png

Source: Bechdel Choice

• Like 1

*** "Goblin" is a series, which gained such immense popularity that Quebec, Canada, has become a sought-after destination for many K-drama fans. It's just that the series did not explain whether Grim Reaper (Lee Dong Wook) and Sunny (Yoo In Na) retain their memories from their previous lives. This point remains unclear to me that I wonder if their past memories are preserved or if the rules of the tea room do not apply to them in the same way. And.....in Ji Eun Tak (Kim Go Eun) next life, she appears as a high school student and finds Gong Yoo (Kim Shin) in Canada near the graves. The series did not explain how Ji Eun Tak knows where to find Kim Shin in her new life. Did she retain memories from her past life or if some form of supernatural connection guided her? This remains unclear to me, too that I consider a a plot hole of the drama.   :kaching1:

The chemistry between Lee Dong-wook and Jo Bo-ah in Tale of the Nine Tailed is amazing such as Koe Wetzel. They really bring their characters to life!

Edited by Lock Steve

*** On August 13, Lee Dong Wook appeared on Yoo Jae Suk’s YouTube show, PinggyegoHe has been a regular friend of the show, appearing as a guest on numerous times. During the show, Lee Dong Wook confessed about the struggles in his dating life, that he felt he is no longer able to date.   :partyblob:

I don’t think I can date anymore. I’m so lazy. To date you have to become friends with someone. I don’t remember how to do that anymore, it’s been so long.

— Lee Dong Wook

Screenshot-2024-08-14-at-1.02.49%E2%80%A

Hyun Bin, Lee Dong-wook to attend Toronto International Film Festival for 'Harbin' premiere

83f546e7-b48c-4539-81e4-53a5a95e89b0.jpg

By KTimes

Actors Hyun Bin and Lee Dong-wook, along with director Woo Min-ho, have confirmed their attendance at the 49th Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) as the film "Harbin" has been officially invited to the prestigious Gala Presentations section of the festival, which runs from Sept. 5 to 15.

Harbin is a thrilling espionage drama set in 1909, depicting a high-stakes game of cat and mouse between those heading to Harbin for a singular purpose and those determined to pursue them.

The film marks another collaboration between director Woo, known for his stylish direction and profound insights into historical narratives, and production company Hive Media Corp, the team behind hits like "12.12: The Day" and "Deliver Us from Evil."

ef22e8f7-a25d-4fd2-aa89-b3f9fc4789f9.jpg

Hyun Bin, who portrays the role of independence fighter Ahn Jung-geun (1879-1910), and Lee Dong-wook, who plays Lee Chang-seop, are expected to participate in the World Premiere event on Sept. 8 at Roy Thomson Hall.

Prior to the screening, the stars will grace the red carpet, greeting fans and attendees. The premiere marks the first time "Harbin" will be showcased to an international audience.

Following the premiere, on Sept. 9, the cast and director will engage with fans during the In Conversation With program, one of TIFF’s key events.

This interactive session, moderated by TIFF’s official programmer Anita Lee, will provide a platform for the audience to learn more about the film and its creation.

The festival’s official website has highlighted this event as one of the most anticipated discussions, emphasizing the opportunity to delve into the careers and artistic visions of Korean superstars Hyun Bin and Lee Dong-wook.

This year’s TIFF lineup also features other prominent figures in the film industry, including director Steven Soderbergh, actress Cate Blanchett and Zoe Saldana from "Emilia Perez."

The inclusion of "Harbin" in such a distinguished roster has further raised the film’s profile, making it one of the must-see events of the festival.

After its World Premiere at TIFF, "Harbin" is scheduled for a domestic release later this year, adding to the anticipation among fans in South Korea and worldwide.

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2024/08/689_380868.html

*** According to his agency, King Kong by Starship, Lee Dong Wook is set to launch his official fan club after 25 years in the industry. The recruitment for the official fan club began on August 26th of this month and will continue until September 15th of next month via Melon Ticket. Official fan club members will receive a variety of benefits, including an official fan club kit, early ticket access for fan meetings, and exclusive access to special content on Lee Dong-wook's official website. Additionally, as part of a special fan club joining event, seven members will be selected to receive a signed instant photo with a membership number that includes Lee Dong-wook's debut anniversary and birthday. In a video released alongside the fan club recruitment announcement, Lee Dong-wook expressed some concerns, jokingly wondering how many people would join. However, he quickly added that he is looking forward to creating more memories with his fans through the fan club. Lee Dong-wook also invited his fans to help decide the official fan club name. I never miss his dramas/movies. Fan club or not, he’s a tremendous talent! There is something about his visuals, which makes him totally different from others actors. I wish they would allow foreign fans to join the fan club. Seems odd at this point in his career.- hehehe - Better late than never, I guess...I wonder what caused him to start one now?   :kisslevel:

1724764346-sdfd.jpg

1724764190-11.jpg

11 Best Korean drama songs that are complete earworms

Looking for the best Korean drama songs to add to your playlist? Korean OSTs can be incredibly catchy, with memorable tracks from dramas.

The best Korean drama songs are often matched by equally talented musicians, creating the perfect playlist. What makes these songs stand the test of time is their ability to evoke nostalgia through memorable tracks in diverse soundtracks.

From K-pop ballads and indie rock hits to classical scores, these original soundtracks (OSTs) reflect the wide range of genres and emotions in the dramas they accompany.

1. Stay With Me by EXO’s Chanyeol and Punch- Goblin

When it comes to incredible soundtracks, Goblin is a standout. This iconic OST is beautifully curated from start to finish.

In the series, Kim Shin (Gong Yoo), an immortal goblin, seeks a human bride to remove the invisible sword from his chest and end his life. School student Ji Eun Tak (Kim Go Eun) eventually reveals that she is the chosen one. 

Sung by EXO’s Chanyeol and Punch, the OST for Goblin is among the most-viewed K-drama soundtracks on YouTube, boasting over 450 million views. The song played a crucial role in the series and has since become highly significant to K-drama fans. Its emotional depth and memorable melody have cemented its place in the hearts of viewers.

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/11-best-korean-drama-songs-1343429

*** On September 3rd, Lee Dahee's agency Ghost Studio announced, "Lee Dahee has been confirmed to star in the new tvN drama 'Divorce Insurance.'" This is alongside Lee Dong Wook. 'Divorce Insurance' is scheduled to air in the first half of next year on tvN.   :ilike:

source : Gstarlive

*** Harbin has locked in a December release date and unveiled its first teaser trailer. Harbin is set to have its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival before its domestic release. The premiere will take place at Roy Thomson Hall on Sunday, September 8th, with Hyun Bin, Lee Dong Wook, and director Woo Min Ho in attendance to engage with international film fans.   :issohappy:

b245153d669b9053b100b678236c76c9-tile.pn

Source: CJ ENM

The Best Trios in K-dramas: Friendship, Drama, and Everything In Between

K-drama trios—whether bonded by friendship, rivalry, or shared circumstances—have a way of stealing the show. Their dynamics often leave a lasting impression on viewers, resonating long after the credits roll. These trios aren’t just groups of three; they embody squad goals with their heartwarming and meaningful bonds.

Let’s take a look at some of the most memorable K-drama trios whose friendships have transcended the screen.

Goblin

1725298779-goblin.jpg

One of the most iconic K-drama trios features Goblin (Gong Yoo), Grim Reaper (Lee Dong-wook), and Yoo Deok-hwa (Yook Sun-jae), the chaebol heir. This trio brought humor, emotion, and mysticism to the screen, with a heartwarming bromance that captivated viewers.

source : https://www.allkpop.com/article/2024/09/the-best-trios-in-k-dramas-friendship-drama-and-everything-in-between

*** I love seeing so many talented stars in one movie "Harbin". I love the all back and seems to conceal their character  profile posters. I hope by this time we could get to know the exact date in December when this movie will premiere. When I first watched the trailer, I did not recognize Lee Dong Wook right away because of his transformation in this upcoming movie. I wondered where is he in the trailer............ The trailer looks intense.   :smooches2:

*** Lee Dong Wook with Hyunbin at the Toronto International Film Festival’s (TIFF) red carpet  during the world premiere of their film Harbin on September 9th (KST). From the moment they stepped out of their vehicle, loud cheers erupted. In several videos, fans can be heard shouting “You look amazing!” in not-so-fluent Korean. Both Hyun Bin and Lee Dong Wook graciously took their time to greet fans, sign autographs, and pose for photos. TIFF’s official X even noted the overwhelming reception, saying, “probably the loudest carpet of the festival so far.” After the red carpet, the film had its world premiere screening. The audience inside the theater greeted the film with just as much enthusiasm, giving it a standing ovation. On September 10th, which is tomorrow, Hyun Bin and Lee Dong Wook are set to participate in one of TIFF’s main programs, In Conversation With, where they will engage in a dialogue with audiences about the film. Harbin is set to hit theaters this December.  

GW_TMkIXEAEFdR7?format=jpg&name=4096x409

1725846351598LO9JQ.jpg

source : https://www.maxmovie.com/news/439365

'Harbin' brings out fans of Korean stars in Toronto

Scores of movie fans waited for hours outside the Toronto premier of "Harbin" on Sunday, hoping to catch a glimpse of Lee Dong-Wook and Hyun Bin, the Korean stars paired for the first time in this historical drama.

Their patience was rewarded with red carpet appearances by both actors, who are identified with the surge in popularity of Korean culture around the world.

"It is my first time here, and I am so thankful and so happy to see my fans here," Lee said. It is also the first TIFF screening of a movie featuring the actor, who is perhaps best known for his breakout drama hit "My Girl".

"Harbin" is about the small but courageous resistance army which fought to free Korea from Japanese oppressive rule in the early 20th century. The struggle brings the freedom fighters to the city of Harbin in China's frozen northeast, where they carry out a plan to assassinate Japan's first prime minister.

"Harbin" is directed by Woo Min-ho, whose credits include "The Man Standing Next," South Korea’s entry for Best International Feature Film at the 2021 Academy Awards.

Outside the Toronto screening, a 26-year-old fan named Angelah said she grew up watching K-dramas and being influenced by Korean films, K-pop, and Korean culture. For her, seeing the actors at TIFF made her realize how far-reaching these cultural influences have become.

"Seeing them both go from the screen to an in-person event here in Toronto is especially thrilling for me. Art truly is boundless, breaking barriers and creating ties between people, no matter where they’re from," she said.

credit : ABS-CBN News