Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

Lee Dong Wook Epitomizes Otherworldly Gorgeous In Photos For W Korea

20200520_124559-550x400.jpg

Lee Dong Wook blended his manly charisma in Summer themed shots for June issue of W Korea

As recognized male muse, Lee Dong Wook seemingly struts to his upcoming drama role. The actor is set to portray the role of a mythical character in Tale of Gumiho.

mb_1589938254935497.jpg

In the preview photos released, Lee was garbed in classic clothing pieces with his trademark piercing gaze. Reminiscent of summer vibe, he wears a striped shirt in a refreshing blue sky background. Then, he goes for a wet look scene in royal-blue-toned shirt.

Lastly, Lee holds on the perfume bottle of Bleu de Chanel while laying down in crisp white polo adorned by Summer grass and sunshine background. The actor is the domestic male ambassador of luxury brand Chanel.

mb_1589938295035940.jpg

mb_1589938335975008.jpg

Subsequently, in the accompanying interview, Lee expressed anticipation to his new drama.

Explaining his character as a male gumiho who has settled in the city, he said the new series takes a unique “urban fantasy melodrama” theme.

“The intention of the director and the writer who conceived the mythical story is interesting,” he said. He also quipped that working on a gumiho character is a fun experience.

More of Lee Dong Wook’s pictorial and interview can be seen in the June issue of W Korea. It will be sold in major bookstores nationwide beginning May 20th. Additionally, photos and videos can also be viewed on W Korea’s website and official Instagram page.

Source: xportsnews

• Like 4

Lee Dong Wook On 'Goblin' Success: 'It was Gong Yoo's drama'

'I've never thought something like, 'This result is my own.''

lee-dong-wook-goblin-success-w-magazine-

In the latest issue of W Korea, Lee Dong Wook gave quite an honest interview which tackled the highs and lows of his decades-long career. According to Soompi, the 38-year-old South Korean actor, who's currently filming his latest drama The Tale Of Gumiho, spoke about the challenges he faces in breaking free from a character, his self-esteem issues, and whether or not he should continue playing cutesy roles in rom-coms (he believes he can still do it!).

But the interview put a spotlight on the mega-success on his 2016 drama Goblin. ICYDK, Goblin held the title of the highest-rated tvN drama of all time for several years.

Speaking of Goblin, Dong Wook shared, "At the time, honestly, I wasn't able to really feel how popular Goblin was. While the show was on, I was just so busy filming. It wasn't just me that was like that, many other actors would have been the same way."

Although it was when he started getting more projects and offers that he realized how big the drama really was: "That's when I thought, 'It seems like I'm going to be busy now' and 'Things are going well because the drama was a success.'"

Dong Wook was quick to note though that the success of Goblin isn't of his own doing and he credits it to Goblin's lead star and real-life bestie Gong Yoo and the show's screenwriter Kim Eun Sook. "However, on one hand, I was cautious about not getting intoxicated by the happiness. I still say to other people and to Gong Yoo. 'Goblin is Gong Yoo's drama and writer Kim Eun Sook's drama.' It's important to create a good atmosphere, but I've never thought something like, 'This result is my own.'"

He added, "The fact that people still talk a lot about Goblin shows that it was an interesting and great drama. It's my duty and my assignment to quickly break away from that."

"At any rate, it's something that's over now, it's a past honor, and even more than that, it was Gong Yoo's drama."

He spoke again of his best friend Gong Yoo when he opened up about a low point in his life after filming his 2018 drama Life. Dong Wook connected being strict on himself (in terms of being satisfied with his work) to his own self-esteem. "There was a time when I went through a severe slump and didn't leave my home for two to three months. It was after the end of the JTBC drama Life," he said.

"I felt scared too about leaving the house. I felt like people would just point at me when they saw me, and I felt like no one was on my side. I got so deep into that feeling that I was at rock bottom. I didn't meet up with anyone and I just stayed at home or worked out."

He then said that having supportive people around him, including Gong Yoo, eventually helped him heal, "When I was lost in thoughts about what was wrong with me, I was helped a lot by people who encouraged me by telling me I'm a good person. Gong Yoo was one of those people. I once again realized that even when going through a crisis and having a hard time, people are the important thing."

Dong Wook and Gong Yoo were last seen on the small screen in December 2019 for Dong Wook's talk show Because I Want To Talk. The two also recently gave a sweet gesture to their Goblin co-star Kim Go Eun (whom they consider as their little sister!) when they sent a coffee truck to the set of her ongoing drama The King: Eternal Monarch.

source : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/lee-dong-wook-goblin-success-w-korea-interview-a483-20200521?ref=home_feed_1

• Like 4

[SBS Star] Lee Dong Wook Reveals He Once Stuck at Home for 2 to 3 Months

201433223_1280.jpg

Actor Lee Dong Wook opened up about his past experience of having a slump, making him to stay at his home for two to three months straight. On May 20, fashion magazine W Korea shared their recent photo shoot and interview with Lee Dong Wook.

201433221_1280.jpg

During the interview, Lee Dong Wook revealed that he is a type of person who barely felt satisfied with himself. He said, "The words 'You did well' are meaningful when someone else says them, and I think I have to look at myself more realistically." He continued, "My agency director tells me not to be so hard on myself, but I say, 'No, I have to fully understand my reality. I have to know myself.' Maybe I've been able to come this far thanks to that."

201433222_1280.jpg

Lee Dong Wook then opened up about the time when he went through a severe slump. He said, "There was a time when I was having a severe slump, and I didn't leave my house for two to three months. It was right after the final filming of JTBC drama 'Life'." He went on, "I felt scared about leaving the house. I felt like people would just point at me, and I felt like no one was on my side. I got so deep into that feeling. I didn't meet anyone and just stayed at home or worked out."

201433219_1280.jpg

When asked how he had overcome his slump, the actor said, "I was helped a lot by people who encouraged me by telling me I'm a good person. Gong Yoo was one of those people." He added, "At that moment, I once again realized that even when going through a hard time, people are the most important thing."

Spoiler

201433220_1280.jpg

Credit= W Korea) (SBS Star)

• Like 4

Top 8 tvN Dramas With Highest Ratings Ever

tvN is a cable channel of Korea and its dramas are popular in and out of Korea. The channel has quite a lot of hit dramas in its record. The channel keeps on having high ratings with interesting plots and Hallyu actors for the cast.

We previously looked at the tvN dramas of 2019 with the highest ratings ever. Now it is time to have a look at all the dramas of tvN up until now.

Here is a list of the tvN dramas with the highest ratings up until now (all years). (Updated article)

2- "Goblin" - 20.5%

The drama "Goblin" also titled "Guardian: The Lonely and Great God" aired in 2016-2017 starring Gong Yoo, Kim GoEun, Lee DongWook and more. In and out of Korea, the drama was extremely popular. There was definitely a "Goblin craze". The final episode of the drama reached its highest personal ratings at 20.5%. "Goblin" held the record of tvN best ratings until "Crash Landing on You" broke it.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-5-tvn-dramas-with-highest-ratings-ever/

• Like 3

Top 14 Most Followed Korean Actors On Instagram & Others 70 Actors' Instagram

Most of the Korean actors have Instagram and some have an impressive amount of followers! Some have been using actively Instagram while some do not really keep it updated. Some actors also just created their Instagram recently and are still gathering followers.

Here are the most followed Korean actors on Instagram and then a rough ranking of other actors' Instagram followers amount (around 70 actors).

If you are not following your favorite actors' Instagram, it is time to do so.

Article first published on Apr. 3. All data were updated on June 5, 2020, at 10:00 am KST.

Note: only acting-dols who had a lead role in a K-Drama (not a web drama) have been included. 

10- Lee DongWook by his agency - 6.9m followers - @leedongwook_official

lee_dongwook_instagram_followers_0506202

Lee DongWook's Instagram Screenshot

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-12-most-followed-korean-actors-on-instagram-others-70-actors-instagram/

• Like 3

@coffeebay_official has sent coffee cart to support their model Lee Dong Wook. “Sexy Gumiho Lee Yeon’s treat!” 

Wookie’s friends from gym @baekkihun_ and @nohheekwan1 have visited him on set of “The tale of Gumiho” today. 
Thanks for your constant support, guys!

e53ca833gy1gfhoxds24jj20u011idmg.jpg

e53ca833gy1gfhoxgoa9jj20u011in1p.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/7/2020 at 4:43 PM, Guk said:

who knows when the gumiho series will air? thanks

Guk, this “fantasy romance” K-Drama is scheduled to premiere in August 2020. :blush:

_________________________________________________________________________________

Small-Screen Returns of Actors Who Have Been Dominating Since Late 2000s to Early 2010s

You've probably seen the hype these past few days about the actors who have been on newly released K-dramas. Now, we narrowed it down to seven lead actors who have been making huge comebacks on the small screen.

"The Story of Gumiho" star Lee Dong Wook.  He also starred in "Goblin" as the Grim Reaper.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Kdramastars

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/118075/20200610/small-screen-returns-actors-who-dominating-late-2000s-early-2010s.htm

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, willenette said:

Guk, this “fantasy romance” K-Drama is scheduled to premiere in August 2020. :blush:

_________________________________________________________________________________

Small-Screen Returns of Actors Who Have Been Dominating Since Late 2000s to Early 2010s

You've probably seen the hype these past few days about the actors who have been on newly released K-dramas. Now, we narrowed it down to seven lead actors who have been making huge comebacks on the small screen.

"The Story of Gumiho" star Lee Dong Wook.  He also starred in "Goblin" as the Grim Reaper.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Kdramastars

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/118075/20200610/small-screen-returns-actors-who-dominating-late-2000s-early-2010s.htm

There are articles saying it will air on December. Thanks for the info. 

Will it be available on Netflix? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Guk said:

There are articles saying it will air on December. Thanks for the info. 

Will it be available on Netflix? 

Guk, i have no idea if the drama is available on Netflix.  So far, I haven't read anything that Netflix will air this. :)

• Like 1

For Your Viewing Pleasure: Playing with Light

Welcome back to another installment of For Your Viewing Pleasure, where we take time out of the week to curate a set of photos from the K-pop landscape.

Light is an integral part of every fashion shoot and can be used to enhance an image and make the subject truly shine. Lee Dong-wook relax in dappled sunshine.

20200614_seoulbeats_Lee-Dong-wook.png

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : seoulbeats

https://seoulbeats.com/2020/06/for-your-viewing-pleasure-playing-with-light/

• Like 5

The rumored cast of “The tail of nine tailed fox” with Lee Dong Wook and Jo Bo Ah as main leads. It was revealed in Korean blog. As well there is info that time slot might change from 10.40 pm KSR to 9 pm KST, but still will air on Wednesday and Thursdays starting in September. Besides the episodes length will be 70 minutes each. 

As to the cast, we can see familiar face. The actress Kim Jong NaN was working with Wookie in dramas “Partners” and “Bubblegum”. The girl right next to Kim Bum is actress Kim Eun Ji from recently ended “The King: eternal monarch”.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Second lead syndrome? More like “grim reaper syndrome”

Ever heard of the grim reaper syndrome?

Everyone has heard of a second-lead syndrome, for sure. That one handsome oppa in a Korean drama did not end up with the main lead lady and it leaves your heart aching for him. It is definitely common!

However, have you heard of the “Grim Reaper Syndrome” thing? Here are few examples of actors who have left their mark as the most dashing culprit for this syndrome!

1. Lee Dong Wook – Goblin

tvN’s Goblin soared up the rating charts right after the drama had finally been released. One of the reasons that probably attracted the viewers, other than an interesting plot, would be the dashing grim reaper. He turned out to be a king, Wang Yeo, who collects the dead and sends them off.

He’d take these wandering souls to his ‘tea house.’ He serves them the tea of oblivion which helps erase all present memories so, they can actually Rest In Peace.

Here’s the problem. How can he, who collects souls, be so handsome?

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://annyeongoppa.com/2020/06/17/second-lead-syndrome-more-like-grim-reaper-syndrome/

• Like 5

12 Heartbreaking K-Drama Quotes That Will Make You Ugly Cry

K-dramas are famous for being super kilig and funny, but what makes a lasting impact on us are the heartbreaking lines uttered by the characters we love, especially when the delivery is just right. Add a strategically-inserted OST to that, and well, you’re in a puddle of tears!

4. Goblin: The Lonely And Great God

A quote from Goblin:

If you're looking for a tragic love story, turn to Goblin's second leads, Sunny (Yoo In Na) and Grim Reaper (Lee Dong Wook). With the timing never right and their past lives in the way of their present, it took multiple reincarnations for these two to be together. But hey—it was well worth it!

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Like 5

*** I want to see them working together in a new romance film. :blush:

********************************************************************************

Lee Dong Wook And Im Soo Jung In Talks To Star In New Romance Film

7acb3e8ec4b449ca963f5d75a554bc59.jpeg?s=

Lee Dong Wook and Im Soo Jung may be starring in a new film together!

On June 19, Sports Chosun reported that Lee Dong Wook and Im Soo Jung would be making their return to the big screen with the melodrama film “Single in Seoul” (literal title).

Following reports, a representative from the two actors’ agency King Kong by Starship clarified, “Lee Dong Wook and Im Soo Jung have received offers to star in ‘Single in Seoul,’ and they are in the process of reviewing the offers.”

“Single in Seoul” is a melodrama about two drastically different people who meet through an essay about single life, and in the process, they rediscover their old wounds from past loves. The film will be helmed by “Red Carpet” director Park Bum Soo.

Lee Dong Wook is in in talks to play Park Young Ho who thoroughly enjoys the single life and lives on the borderline of being emotional and being pretentious. He’s also a popular lecturer and an influencer with 300,000 followers. Im Soo Jung is in talks to play Joo Hyun Jin, Park Young Ho’s college junior and editor-in-chief who is in charge of the essay series titled “Single in the City.”

Previously, Lee Dong Wook made a special appearance in Im Soo Jung’s tvN drama “Search: WWW.” He appeared for a brief scene as Bae Ta Mi’s (Im Soo Jung’s) ex-boyfriend, leaving a strong and memorable impression. Viewers are excited to see if the two will be reuniting with the upcoming film.

“Single in Seoul” will reportedly begin filming this summer.

credit : soompi news

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Actors Lee Dongwook and Lim Soojung reportedly will meet in the melodrama Movie "Single in Seoul"

2020062001001875400128061_20200619113305

Actors Lee Dongwook and Lim Soojung reportedly will meet in the melodrama Movie "Single in Seoul"

Post response : 493views 

Netizens comments :

- Ah!! Both of you just live together.

- Lee Dongwook is working hard. The drama is scheduled for the second half of this year.

- It's going to be fun!

- Heol you looks good together.

- I will see it.

- Wow, you came out as her ex-boyfriend during "Search WWW" and said it looked great on you!

- Wow.

- Heol.

- Even when he passed by at Search WWW for a while, I thought it would be nice to do a project together.ᅲᅲ

- Heol the visual is amazing.

source : https://www.storykpop.com/2020/06/actors-lee-dongwook-and-lim-soojung.html

• Like 5