Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

4 minutes ago, puuuumash said:

My birthday is upcoming also! Will I also get mine?:joy::joy:

Of course chingu. When is your bday? I will troll the net & find a Super hawt one for you. 

Having a restless day at work now--oh, I so envy you @triplem, I wish I had a co-worker who's a Wookie fan too!

I thought I'd share with you guys on a post I'd recently read on Weibo, on how hard Wookie works for his roles. Some of you might already know this, but it was new to me and I thought it may be for some of you here as well :)

Apparently, Wookie was in the hospital a few days back and placed on a drip. I'm guessing it's due to over-exertion. I also read that was pretty much admitted to the hospital at some point while filming all of his past dramas. Now, I'm sure it's not something that only he has experienced, because filming schedules are tough in Korea and it's not uncommon for K-actors to end up in the hospital while filming, be it due to injuries or over-exertion... except that maybe Wookie could have had it worse. When he was filming for La Dolce Vita back in 2008, he had to do a scene which involved him running on thick snow at -16 degrees celcius and 4000 metres above sea level, for six hours. It got so bad that at one point, his limbs all went numb and he just collapsed to the ground and lost consciousness. He had to be sent to the hospital immediately to receive treatment. When he regained consciousness, he was still experiencing numbness in his tongue and couldn't speak. Imagine what a traumatic experience it must have been for him :tears: But that hasn't stopped him from working hard and taking up at least one project every year, following that incident.

And I think he must have known to a certain extent the challenges of filming for La Dolce Vita, prior to accepting the project. Yet, he was all set for it. He could have taken the easy way out and just ride on his popularity from My Girl back then, but he chose to use that opportunity to further prove and challenge himself as an actor.

I compare his passion and determination to that of some other popular K-actors who shy away from taking up roles for a long time following a hit drama because they're afraid of how a flop might tarnish their reputation, or others who refrain from accepting new projects because of how they might have been affected by bad ratings on one project. Wookie has his fair share of hits and misses, as well as what must have been quite a terrifying experience while filming a drama. But in his latest role, he shows that he's still fighting on.

Wookie, your passion moves us greatly and I hope you know that you will always have our support :heart:

• Like 11

28 minutes ago, puuuumash said:

@willenette, hi there unnie! I heard that you are one of the LDWookies Originals here. *bows down* Nice meeting you! I am a new fan of LDW. I am currently watching his past projects. He was my medicine when I was sick and my pain reliever when I had my braces on recently (painful AF). :love:

Hi puuuumash, ye, I've been his fan for quite a long while now & I've watched most of his dramas/movies. When I see that his thread isn't moving up & down, I'm here to share something so, it would be alive. Now, I'm happy that you're all here for him - this thread is alive! Here, I can be a silent-lurker, silently reading all your posts. I enjoyed all of them! Actually, I started to like LDW during "My Girl" days. This drama made him a K-wave star, a Hallyu star, that is! I wonder what are you watching right now aside from of course, "Goblin" - When you find time, try to watch some of his dramas like Dolce Vita, Partner, Scent of a Woman, Wild Romance, The Fugitive of Joseon, Hotel King, Blade Man & Bubble Gum. These are all good dramas. Even his old mini-series, I've watched it like 'Hanoi Bride" & "The Story of Kang Gu". His movies were : Arang, The Perfect Couple & Heartbreak Library. They're good, too!

• Like 9

@siddy09 sorry for late birthday greeting! Happy birthday, dear! Cheers to many wonderful days ahead! Hope you're happy for having LDW's picspam and vids from the fellow members *which also made me drooling, thankyou guys!* I also thought that @joyezz will post such a great meme/gif/pics, you're the best one for cracking me up, LOL

@puuuumash you should inform us about your birthday so we could give you another hawt LDW's picspam! 

@Princi_86 Thanks you for recaping and collecting Knezt comments, so do you @winterdew, thankyou so much for always be our great sources about LDW! *group hugs*

Yes, @Princi_86 DB was quite harsh to some actors (SHK had it at DotS and so does KGE in Goblin) bu so far, DB staffs love GR character like us! Not only Javabeans who does recapping but also the others. From what we're watching thread, all of them praised LDW, and yes, Rise LDW Rise should be our slogan too. LOL

@winterdew I read about LDW and GY got hospitalized at Goblin's but now you confirmed it. OMOOO... I hope LDW will get better soon! No wonder his eyes looked so tired, not only him, I hope Goblin's team could stay healthy until the last eps. Live shooting during winter such a cruel job, but as you said, it's part on how LDW love to challenge himself, but still, stay healthy, our king!

@willenette welcome back! I hope you enjoyed your holiday! And since you're here... let's talk about LDW's better hairstyle in Goryeo rather than in Joseon's era, is it his persoal hairstylist choice or Goblin's stylist's work?

• Like 7

@willenette Sunbaenim, long time no hear!!! Happy 2017

I wanted to ask U this. Did he do any drama called Hwae Jun Mok Ma? Is it something related to precious family? I always wanted to watch this drama. But, I could find only till ep 10 in youtube:dissapointed_relieved:

@joyezz  Mission Going to Korea, FIND HIM, and when you do, STICK TO HIM LIKE A PLASTER!!!

@puuuumash  @joyezz @triplem Shall the members from the LDW Clan save money and go to Korea to stalk Lee? *DREAMING BIG*!!

The latest BTS video posted in @leedongwook_official in IG, that part where he wishes 'Happy New Year' in English.... hope someone makes a gif with audio of that particular part!!!

Found this in twitter & couldn't agree more

2KXwRD3l.jpg

I mean, look at them  :love:

iRm7FK3l.jpg

• Like 10

5 hours ago, triplem said:

Of course chingu. When is your bday? I will troll the net & find a Super hawt one for you. 

@triplem, @giegie, my birthday will be this coming Thursday. Ok since, you guys are telling me that you will give me LDW's hottest pics, I won't go OL here in Soompi for the whole day. Then at night, I will check your posts. I will get ready. I should be ready, I might faint. :joy: Perhaps, you can give me the real LDW? JUST KIDDING! Haha! :sweat_smile: TIA chinggus! 

5 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi puuuumash, ye, I've been his fan for quite a long while now & I've watched most of his dramas/movies. When I see that his thread isn't moving up & down, I'm here to share something so, it would be alive. Now, I'm happy that you're all here for him - this thread is alive! Here, I can be a silent-lurker, silently reading all your posts. I enjoyed all of them! Actually, I started to like LDW during "My Girl" days. This drama made him a K-wave star, a Hallyu star, that is! I wonder what are you watching right now aside from of course, "Goblin" - When you find time, try to watch some of his dramas like Dolce Vita, Partner, Scent of a Woman, Wild Romance, The Fugitive of Joseon, Hotel King, Blade Man & Bubble Gum. These are all good dramas. Even his old mini-series, I've watched it like 'Hanoi Bride" & "The Story of Kang Gu". His movies were : Arang, The Perfect Couple & Heartbreak Library. They're good, too!

Hi @willenette, I'm sorry I was late. I was busy with another oppa back then (see my thumbnail). HAHA! Why did I sound like I was two- timing? Wait, I am! HAHA! Anyways, really thanks to you for keeping oppa's thread alive and burning. Don't worry, we are here now. We will back you up. :wink: I binge- watching My Girl- Hotel King- Partner and then Scent of a Woman last week before Goblin's episode 11. I paused from binge- watching his series and watched Supergirl for the mean time. Tonight, I will start Wild Romance and so on and so forth. I might end being LDW himself. :joy: I am looking forward to Fugitive of Joseon because my girl crush Song Ji Hyo is there. :heart: Imagine, your two crushes together. Heart attack. :heartbreak: :joy:

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, lucifercorner said:

I wanted to ask U this. Did he do any drama called Hwae Jun Mok Ma? Is it something related to precious family? I always wanted to watch this drama. But, I could find only till ep 10 in youtube:dissapointed_relieved:

@joyezz  Mission Going to Korea, FIND HIM, and when you do, STICK TO HIM LIKE A PLASTER!!!

@puuuumash  @joyezz @triplem Shall the members from the LDW Clan save money and go to Korea to stalk Lee? *DREAMING BIG*!!

The latest BTS video posted in @leedongwook_official in IG, that part where he wishes 'Happy New Year' in English.... hope someone makes a gif with audio of that particular part!!!

WHY NOT?! I WOULD FREAKING LOVE THAT! Plans? Plans anyone? :glasses:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, giegie said:

@siddy09 sorry for late birthday greeting! Happy birthday, dear! Cheers to many wonderful days ahead! Hope you're happy for having LDW's picspam and vids from the fellow members *which also made me drooling, thankyou guys!* I also thought that @joyezz will post such a great meme/gif/pics, you're the best one for cracking me up, LOL

@siddy09, BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNNIE! :wink: Hoping for more LDW craziness in the near future. :smiley: YAY!

• Like 4

Annyeong chingu.. after i read all harsh comment about LDW yesterday. I'm getting sad and my eyes teary. He was my 1st K-Drama actor, can't they more be positive towards anyone in their lifes. Be respectful towards others. I'm not sure if i can join to that thread, maybe im just lurking and enjoy reading only about this drama. 

P/s: it is a fans syndrome?? Or my hormone upside down .. oh no.. i need to calm myself.. happy wookie chingu.. hope he will shine shine day by day. :cry:

• Like 6

11 hours ago, giegie said:

welcome back! I hope you enjoyed your holiday! And since you're here... let's talk about LDW's better hairstyle in Goryeo rather than in Joseon's era, is it his persoal hairstylist choice or Goblin's stylist's work?

Hi giegie, LDW's hairstyle in the drama has a perm. It looks very natural and effortless on him & looks very good on him.  And takes at least 5 years off his actual age! Korean celebrities often try and push the limits of trendy hairstyles in both their dramas as well as in their other promotional activities. I know the hairstyles and headgears used during Joseon Dynasty were from the dynasties preceding it and also with influence from China’s dynasties. As women were more particular about their beauty, there was more variety of women’s hairstyles compared to the men. I noticed that during Joseon Dynasty, especially among the noblemen and the scholars, the hair was pulled into a topknot and a headband was used to hold the hair in place. (IDK what they call on the headband-). I'm not really sure if his hairstyle in the drama is his personal/hairstylist choice or because his character calls for it. But, what I can surely say is - he has been dressing his character well with his keen sense of style. ....:blush:

• Like 7

11 hours ago, lucifercorner said:

I wanted to ask U this. Did he do any drama called Hwae Jun Mok Ma? Is it something related to precious family? I always wanted to watch this drama.

Hi lucifercorner, Happy New Year to you, too! About this drama you mentioned above, sorry but I'm not familiar with this at all. I don't think he did this. Or I might stand corrected - :blush:

• Like 5

11 hours ago, puuuumash said:

Hi @willenette, I'm sorry I was late. I was busy with another oppa back then (see my thumbnail). HAHA! Why did I sound like I was two- timing? Wait, I am! HAHA! Anyways, really thanks to you for keeping oppa's thread alive and burning. Don't worry, we are here now. We will back you up. :wink: I binge- watching My Girl- Hotel King- Partner and then Scent of a Woman last week before Goblin's episode 11. I paused from binge- watching his series and watched Supergirl for the mean time. Tonight, I will start Wild Romance and so on and so forth. I might end being LDW himself. :joy: I am looking forward to Fugitive of Joseon because my girl crush Song Ji Hyo is there. :heart: Imagine, your two crushes together. Heart attack. :heartbreak: :joy:

Hi puuuumash, don't you worry - I adore that Oppa, too - hahaha. You're not alone because I, myself has so many biases but the person in my avvie will always be my no. 1.....That's why, you could almost see me around soompi..... :blush:

• Like 5

13 hours ago, lucifercorner said:

2KXwRD3l.jpg

I mean, look at them  :love:

Hi lucifercorner, thanks for sharing the picture. I couldn't agree with you more - The two perfectly capture the essence of bittersweet romance. They have good chemistry together. I want to watch the ending very much. :blush:

• Like 5

6 hours ago, aniliaz said:

Annyeong chingu.. after i read all harsh comment about LDW yesterday. I'm getting sad and my eyes teary. He was my 1st K-Drama actor, can't they more be positive towards anyone in their lifes. Be respectful towards others. I'm not sure if i can join to that thread, maybe im just lurking and enjoy reading only about this drama. 

P/s: it is a fans syndrome?? Or my hormone upside down .. oh no.. i need to calm myself.. happy wookie chingu.. hope he will shine shine day by day. :cry:

@aniliaz  What harsh comments??? who dares???

@willenette I read it somewhere that he gets married in that series and the scenes are quite hilarious.searching since then, but not getting there:dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 4