Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

15 hours ago, giegie said:

About the second lead, maybe I'm the minority here, but I was glad LDW took the second lead at Goblin. I don't have a problem if someday he'll choose this path again as long as he loves the complexcity of character and eager to portray it. In my opinion, GR/WY is such a beautiful character which written more beautifully and complex rather than Goblin himself. Yes, we didn't have many heroic moments between the second couple since KES needs work harder to make audience believe in first couple but personally, at the end of Goblin, I think people will be remember the bromance rather than romance, LOL. I also thought KES in LDW's side and she's very kind to write all of GR's works-stuff, dilemma and his personal burden as WY which are deeper than any second lead from KES's previous works. If a writer need a muse to make his/her writing better, I think LDW is KES's muse in Goblin. I didn't want to make comparison, but believe me, the way KES portrayed GR/WY is so much better than the first lead from DotS, Yoo Shi Jin, maybe in 3 or 5 years later, LDW will land in another KES project as first lead. 

@giegie sorry for cutting your post. I'm here with you. I don't care a lot that GR is secondary character since he's the best character out there (imo) and it gives Wookie many possibilities to shine as GR amnesiac/GR on duty/ cute GR/ clueless GR while dating/ devastated king WY/ GR WY with  memories. And honestly I'm not fond of the way KES writes her main leads, especially the latest. For me they're all are almost similar and even doing similar things. And there are always nothing special to play in her main leads. I should say that in Goblin main lead is the most complex among her leads I have but it's only because of his Goryeo back story. But apart of this the most complex and versatile character among KES's even if to scip Goryeo part will be Grim Reaper. And I'm sure that some years will pass and GR will be the one people remember the most unless KES will come up with solidand not typical storyline for her next main lead. As to her casting LDW in her project in 4-5 years as a lead....only if she'll have solid and eceptional story for him without her typical romance. Like you've said I would love him to challange himself in indie movies of dramas from writer of Signal, It's Ok That's love or maybe W. I'm not very good in their names. huh

@Puppywookie unfortunatelly I think that they have ended with Goryeo flashbacks or maybe smth will be revealed by the Girl Grim Reaper about the past, but I think that he has really commited suicide and this his biggest sin since at the end of the day the sins of ordering ppl' death it's not the same as having blood on the hands. And with commiting suicide he has made God angry because it God's decision when person should die. That's why God is still mad on WY. Idk how he'll redeem himself to be forgiven. For me his suicide was of course wrong decision but I think that his mind was poisoned that much that he couldn't think clearly already and I think he has got insane. I can't blame writer for this since I have seen this side of Wookie's talent and he has dethroned Cha Jae Wan in terms of complexity of his character. Tho I wish there will be something more from the past which will give Wang Yeo chance to forgive himself. Something which will lighten his burden. Like @MaysoonD said WY needs to forgive himself. But how can he do this when everybody around are keeping reminding him that he has done so many crimes and doesn't deserve anything. Even before he hasn't believe in Happy Ending...and now...I'm sure he thinks that he's the biggest evil in Kim siblings life. For him to forgive himself he needs faith that all that he did it was in the past, he was foolish young brain washed King and that it's not only his solid fault, and that he's different person now who deserves love. 

@st4rdust is it you who has written that awesome post "The most lovable Grim Reaper"? It's so awesome! We have just talked about it lately how awesome it is. The part with bromance is great as well! I wish I will be able to get back my faith in bromance. I know that without all those troubles and missunderstandings in the past there won't be story and there won't be our Lovable Grim Reaper, still so many un logic things happened in the past. And yeh, it has starded from the poisoned WY's btother stupid order. I hope KES has something in her pockets for GR and Sunny. Both of them deserve happy ending at least in this life.

@miecha @winterdew @joyezz @paolaadl and others who have discussed possible ending for WangSun. Honestly I love sad endings. They give those feelz and you remember this story/couple/character for a much longer period then when it's happy ending. Normally I'm ok with tragic endings. But here...Wang Yeo and Sunny have suffered a lot in their past life, WY have been tortured for centuries, he has become decent person as GR and it seems that Sunny lives her 4th last life. They deserve their happy ending the most. 

Do you remember when in future in Canada ET was taliking with Sunny by phone? That means she's alive and she's around 38-39. We have 5 options:

1) WY sacrifies himself in present and Sunny continuing her life...ofc without happy ending for her as well; 

2) WY will sacrifiee himself in 10 years during which they have stayed apart with Sunny and after his death Sunny continuing her life...ofc without happy ending for her as well; 

3) WY continues his GR duty and their love is still impossible and they're suffering apart.

4) WY continues his GR duty but they're meeting in 10 years again and somehow WY becomes forgiven and human and they leaves happily.

5) WY somehow redeems himself in the present, becomes human, they're ending up leaving happily with Sunny and in 10 years when ET is calling Sunny she's in bed with her beloved husband. 

I know there should be much more options but what I think will be for sure is Sunny will be alive in 10 years and more. Not sure about WY.

What do you think guys?

• Like 9

I am puzzled why some fans said KS still blamed or made WY feel bad or guilty in the present? As far as I can see,  after resenting him for almost 1000 years, he treated WY very nicely... I do agree KS was also wrong in how he handled events in the past but since the writer made it so for the story's sake, that's not really the point anymore. 

The bromance they built over these months, definitely did not go to waste,  because he could have easily just kicked WY out into the street. But he let him stay,  because he knew WY had no other place to go. 

And that scene where WY gave him the information about Eun tak's third card? That scene showed resolution. He was no longer blaming him. And he even tried to make him feel better by telling him he was loved. It may not have made the situation better, since WY was full of guilt, but it was better than blind rage or hateful words. The only thing short of that scene was a nice hug,  but it was just too soon and would have felt out of place. 

And the end on the roof where he said those words to him, that was their goodbye... It's their way of being sadly ironic to each other. Isn't it also showing maybe he regretted not doing so in the past? That he disobeyed his order? It was a really heartbreaking scene for these two. 

That's just my take on it. Now for some brotherly love to see how GR going to flout rules or look for legal loopholes so Goblin can return lol 

I mind how people keep referring to WY being a coward for taking his own life. That just shows the massive level of pain and suffering he was under. Why do you think the other characters keep sadly calling him a fool? But in real life,  people who try to end their lives suffer alot too. It's just a hopeless mental state they reached. We should try to understand rather than just calling them cowards...  Just my humble opinion. 

• Like 11

8 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

@stardust sorry for cutting your post. This part had me rolling. Its true though. Why the heck did he just not fire evil eunuch and talk to his little brother? Haha. 

Sorry for cutting your post @Princi_86 . I agree with some points. If i recall correctly, my mother's advice: if you don't express your love (or any other type of emotion), no one will know. Express it with words, because sometimes people misinterpret or simpy dont understand actions. I try to follow my mother's advice. Sometimes i can, sometimes i can't. But its good advice non the less. It makes me think when i see others and try not being judgmental.

Ok back to the post. I cant recall KS saying grims is trash to sunny. Which part was this? And KS said those words before he turned to ashes just to complete the story i guess. It was the kings order previously. Not really necessary to be said now. But oh well it just kinda hammers the weight of the situation. 

I dont quite agree with him asking to be killed by KS. Yeah he feels guilty, but he needs to also remember all the good he made in the 300 years as grims. I just dont like it when someone asks to be killed. Anyone really.

I do feel the same about KS, grims, the-lame-loving-from-a-far-dead-brother, and evil eunuh all have a share for the killings at the palace. I dont like that the blame is skewed only on grims shoulder. Huhu.

On the other hand...

As for the royal's death by poison..come on..seriously after several deaths you did not investigate at all? Why was no one caught. Why? Whyyyyyy? Yes, it became a back story for the lovable grims and his devastation leading to his death. I just can't phatom why no one took action or put any thought for the death if multiple royal family members since the beginning. Where on earth were the royal doctors/physicians? Were all of them corrupt like evil eunuch? Was everyone in that palace corrupt? Omg..i just cant.e, 

@katakwasabi btw I love your icon. I have cute rabbit at parent's home. And I love your mom's advice. I'm trying to follow this rule always in my life but I know sometimes it's not easy.

I was exaggerating when said that KS called WY trash to Sunny. Like @giegie said I was reffering to their 2 conversations where KS tried to put in Sunny's head that WY doesn't worth her and he's fool. The reason of my line was to emphasize that it was strange to ask someone who you have treated like the biggest "trash" and sinner to protect his sister whom he himself was trying to protect from this "trash". 

As to asking to be killed, I know it's not right to ask for that, but can you imagine what he was feeling in that moment? Like @MaysoonD said in that way he has asked KS to finally take revenge on him. It's not cowardice or anything else. It's just understanding that you're the biggest evil in life of people you have loved and cared the most. In that moment he believed that he deserves to be killed by KS so at least one of them will get some sort of justice. And he believed that this will make KS and Kim Sun's lifes better. WY didn't know that KS cared about him in the past and he didn't know that Kim Sun has loved him even when he has walked away while she was dying and that she was happy back then, and even now seeing him she's happy. That man is so pitiful. he seriously deserves to be loved finally and to believe by himself that he deserves love. Even being GR he was jealous of family bonds. He never had family and the only family and love he had he has ordered to kill because he didn't believe that someone can love him. From his childhood he believed that noone loves him and most likely PJW was continuosly spoiling his mind that no one will love or care about him.

As to those stupid things from the past, I thought that something more will be revealed on why no one could kill PJW. If all relatives have died and King has died why King hasn't ordered before his death to investigate their deathes? And when WY has found out about poison in Queen's food why he hasn't ordered to kill PJW? The only amswer is that WY thought that it wasn't PJW who has poisoned Queen but some others? Still why he hasn't ordered to investigate and kill them? I suppose we have this not really logic WY's and KS's past because it's still not the main storyline. The main is happening in present between KS/ET/GR. And KES doesn't care a lot to reveal solid backstroy in Goryeo since she needs to give people lots of main coupl'es romantic epic moments, dates, kisses, epic rescues, etc + PPL + some funny bromance scenes. At the end of the day it's love story of Goblin and his bride, no need to bother about logic of their Goryeo's past. *sigh*

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Princi_86 said:

I just want some justice for Grim Reaper, who became better person then anyone out there in that drama lol. And all he's receiving is a punishment from people who he has loved the most and Idk how he will ever forgive himself after all trash KS has poured on him. There is no justice or happy ending for GR if he will not forgive himself for things WY done in the past. And KS in ep13 killed all the hope for him to find forgiveness to himself.

I agreed with most points for your quote today. I'm typing on my phone so forgive me I can't successfully highlight the points I want. 

Just not sure about your anger towatds KS here.

As far as I can see, KS and Sunny both forgave WY in ep13. They talked over things calmly,  without spite or resentment. 

It will be a longer time before WY can forgive himself. As we can see in GR, he was just a lonely, innocent kind soul who thinks he is lacking, and can't be loved. 

I'm waiting to see what guilt and desperation will let human will open that door they keep foreshadowing. 

Oh and yes thank you for liking my humble blog post...  It was therapy for me to swoon in LDW's screen caps.. Lol

Yes stupid half brother king should have killed evil Park. After all he had time to settle his brother's marriage but can't remove the guy poisoning all of them? Sigh...  But just have to accept the writing here... Even if logic fail haha.. 

• Like 8

@Puppywookie haha I want to see no.3. I can imagine the visual :D 

I want to see Sunny turn into a GR 

Sunny dies

WY is crying while offering Sunny the tea

Sunny refuse and said "I would like to talk to your manager"

Sunny volunteer to be a GR even though she doesn't have big sin

WY and others GR are gathering and other GR told WY there is a new girl in town

Sunny walks towards them wearing this dress with hat 

WY said :"Daebaakk"

WY and Sunny live happily together ever after as GRs

the end :D

• Like 11

12 hours ago, paolaadl said:

About LDW acting, I find his performance as king Wang Yeo even better than the GR himself, tbh. Because it shows perfectly his versatility as an actor. 

I think so too. But i'm just glad that in Goblin he is able to showcase his acting skills in historical and contemporary roles.:smile:

On another note, you guys rock:warning::thumbsup:

Spoiler

imageproxy_php.jpg

• Like 13

hi I am new here.

I know that someone might've asked this already but does lee dong wook have a fan mail?

Regarding the Goblin, I think I like the bromance between Wang Yeo and Kim Shin better than the love stories... I wish that the show would've dug deeper on the relationship.. lol

Also, I wish Lee Dong Wook would've a fan meet here in the US I would totally go.

• Like 9

@leea84 Welcome to the thread ^_^ I would like to know whether he has fan mail or not too 

He said he hope to see us often in 2017 and we are hoping for fan meet :)

Related image

• Like 10

The news about promotional events (not sure it will be fan meetings) is freaking awesome! So sad that I'm not in Asia :tears: Still hope for miracle that I will be able to attend one somewhere.

Another great news I have shared already at Goblin's thread:

GOBLIN's CAST WILL GO ON REWARD VACATION TO PHUKET THAILAND IN FEBRUARY, 6!!!

http://m.sporbiz.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=69288

69288_92751_102.jpg

They totally deserve it! I hope that Wookie will be able to join as well as other actors. He went on reward vacation only once after SOAW. They had fun there and shared some pix. Please, do it this time as well! 

@giegie so what do you think, chingu, can we expect that Na PD will kidnap Wookie? Or it's impossible due to his upcoming schedule in March-April? For sure he'll have some magazine and CF pictorials...But I would rather watch him in variety instead oh. They will be silly if they won't use Wookie's variety skills to promote Goblin further. But I'm afraid that Na PD already has some ongoing projects to add another one. :( 

I will reply on comments after work. Have a nice day, gals!

• Like 11

OMOOOOO FM IN 8 COUNTRIES! RISE LDW RISE! :heart:

such a wonderful news! I hope it'll be a FM, idk about promotional events, is it for Goblin? I already save my 2017 annual leave and money for SK trip but if he'll come to some countries in SEA for his FM, it's gonna be better and cheaper for me. At least, for sure, he'll visit Japan whereas he has such a big fanbase. Idk about 7 other countries, but my gut say SG also gonna be in the list, joyezz and winterdew, I'm in if it will held in SG, I also hope others could join too, we should gather for support LDW

@Princi_86 yes, we could expect the YOF-next trip! I Remember the Reply 1988 casts was took away for their YOF trip at their reward vacation too! LOL. the reward vacation will held at first week of Feb, LDW's FM schedule will held on March-April, so at least he'll have 3 weeks for rest and he could use 10 days of his 3 weeks for shooting YOF with YSJ and the hoobae reaper -idk about GY, I think he'll be so busy even if PD Na before also succeed to bring KHN and PBG to joined the rest of the team. GY is in the different level from PBG and KHN-. 

@st4rdust girl, your posts is daebak! Totally loveeeee it! It's great how you compiled all the cutest things about GR. Couldn't wait for your next post!

@leea84 welcome to LDW thread! I hope you'll enjoy the fangirling time with us! 

@katakwasabi omo... do you have the pics? He had blonde hair at the end 2014 right? 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, giegie said:

@katakwasabi omo... do you have the pics? He had blonde hair at the end 2014 right? 

lee-dong-wook-6.jpg

He looks better/younger with this hairstyle. A bit indifferent about the colour. Haha

I dont know if this is a new or old picture. The article is new.

Credits to owner of pic. Here's the link for the article:

https://www.kpopvine.com/fans-go-crazy-when-lee-dong-wook-bleaches-his-hair-platinum-blonde

• Like 8