Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

Actor Lee Dong Wook’s past school photos show his unchanging good looks

201205071750531110_1.jpg

Actor Lee Dong Wook‘s school photos have been revealed.

On the May 7th broadcast of SBS ‘Good Morning‘, Lee Dong Wook’s graduation photos from elementary, junior high, and high school were revealed.

No different from his image now, the young Lee Dong Wook boasted strong, defined facial features and his characteristic fierce gaze.

When asked if he was popular in school, the actor answered, “Honestly, I don’t know. No one ever really expressed their interest in me.”

“So handsome then and now“, netizens remarked after watching the program, along with “Good looking since a very young age“, and “This is the first time I’m seeing his school photos!”

In related news, Lee Dong Wook is currently serving as a co-host on SBS ‘Strong Heart‘ along with MC Shin Dong Yup.

Source & Image : MyDaily / allkpop

***I didn’t know that LDW has a heart of gold. He’s such a friend! :lol:

Lee Dong Wook, Why the $9000+ wedding gift to Gaeko’s bride?

lee_dong_wook_gaeko_strong_heart_120508.jpg

Gaeko revealed the side of the loyal friend Lee Dong Wook.

On the May 8th installment of SBS’s ‘Strong Heart’, Dynamic Duo member Gaeko revealed, “When I got married, there was a friend who particularly gave a big monetary gift. The gift was in the thousands (implied at about 10,000,000 KRW, about $9,000 at press time) but he really took too much credit for it.” (Traditionally in a Korean weddings an envelope with money in it is given as a gift to the couple sometimes with an actual gift and it is usually handed to the side, either bride or groom, that you were invited by.)

The friend in question was MC Lee Dong Wook. Lee Dong Wook gave the gift not to Gaeko but to the bride. To Gaeko couple who were on their honeymoon, Lee Dong Wook even called and texted to ask, “Did you see the letter in the envelope?”

Gaeko shared, “When we opened the envelope, there was the gift and a personally written letter.” In the letter, Lee Dong Wook wrote “The money is for my sister-in-law and not Gaeko so please spend it freely.”

Lee Dong Wook showed his thoughtful side when he explained, “Gaeko prepared for the wedding while in the military. I watched him having a difficult time having to prepare for the wedding in the barracks. I thought the husband’s friend trying to take care of them would help to bring up Gaeko’s status.”

Image: SBS ‘Strong Heart’

Source: NewsEN via Nate / kpopfever

May 11, 2012

th_soompi_poll.jpg It's the time to vote again! ^^

Some of you might already be familiar with the poll (refer: April Top Heart Poll), many would probably be new to it. Nonetheless, it's for everyone to join in and participate positively. Check it out and show your love. :)

Poll: Multiple choice answers

May Top Heart Thread (May 11 - 27, 2012)

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/378135-may-top-heart-thread/

April_Heart.jpg

Lee Dong Wook : SNSD Jessica is the only idol singer I know

lee-dong-wook-jessica1.jpg

During an interview with SBS FM program ‘Kim Young Chul’s fun today’ , the host Kim Young Chul asked Lee Dong Wook ‘Is it right that Jessica is the only idol you know?’

Lee Dong Wook answered : ‘Right. There’s also same question during SBS Midnight entertainment news program. They asked me, who’s my best friend ? I mentioned Jessica, Yang She Yung, Boom and Lee Jin Wook. But they edited the last three names and only aired Jessica name.

Actually at that time of the interview, me and Jessica just finished filming Wild Romance, so we’re so close and we contacted each other. I had met Tiffany one time at Strong Heart show. I often made contact with actress whom I worked with. Kim Sun Ah is also one of them‘.

Yeah, but Kim Sun Ah and Tiffany weren’t on the list of Lee Dong Wook’s best friend, ha !

For your information, last March, Lee Dong Wook and Jessica were seen attending a birthday party at Jung Joon Ha’s restaurant at trendy area Chungdamdong, Seoul. Jung Joon Ha is their mutual friend. And they looked cozy together !

a6.jpg

Source : Newsen / koreanvibe

Pic credit : Dispatch

Lee Dong Wook coming to Thailand.......

found the news on this link

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2012051508580251749

Lee Dong Wook to hold fan meeting showcase with Boy Pakorn on 23rd June

http://www.dailyktjdrama.com/2012/05/lee-dong-wook.html

interesting article about lee dong wook dramas/movie

***Really? He selected IU as his ideal type?

IU thanks Lee Dong Wook for selecting her as his ideal type

1337698220_330903.jpg

Singer IU expressed her gratitude towards actor Lee Dong Wook.

On the May 22nd episode of SBS ‘Strong Heart‘, guest IU bragged, “I saw an article where Lee Dong Wook was previously on Boom oppa’s radio program and selected me as his ideal type.”

“When I meet my idol friends, we talk about male celebrities. Suzy and Jiyeon are pretty so they often get selected as celebrities’ ideal types, but I never did,” she continued.

The singer expressed her gratitude as she added, “But ever since Lee Dong Wook selected me as his #1 ideal type, I have been bragging to everyone.”

An envious Jung Juri then remarked, “That was a long time ago, [his ideal type] could have changed by now,” causing everyone on set to explode in laughs.

IU was then asked who she would choose between Boom and Lee Dong Wook, and evoked much laughter when she selected Boom, leaving the actor dumbfounded.

Also on the episode were Lee Jong Suk, Kim Min, Chun Myung Hoon, and more.

Source & Image : TVDaily via Nate, TVReport via Nate/ allkpop

• 2 weeks later...

class="entry-title"Lee Dong Wook to endorse ‘Cass Light’ with 2NE1′s CL

654439%280%29-280370_83681.jpg

Actor Lee Dong Wook has been selected as the newest endorsement model for ‘Cass Light‘!

Known as the representative light beer of Korea, Lee Dong Wook will be kicking off a fresh start for the brand as their new model. Since his discharge from the army last year, he’s been involved in a variety of activities like emceeing for ‘Strong Heart‘ and has risen as an almighty entertainer that viewers are more than comfortable seeing on screen.

Riding on his popularity, love calls from the advertisement industry have been reportedly pouring in. In the end, it was with ‘Cass Light’ that clinched a deal with Lee Dong Wook, helping him rise as the newest ‘CF King’ in the market.

Lee Dong Wook will be working with 2NE1‘s CL for a new advertisement due to come out this month.

Source + Photos: Asia Today via Nate / allkpop

***I think these two are doing a terrific job…..It’s nice to be able to watch Lee Dong Wook on TV every week. Ye, I hope they could do a funny commercial together.:)]

Shin Dong Yup hopes to star in a commercial with Lee Dong Wook

shin_dong_yup_lee_dong_wook_strong_heart

Comedian Shin Dong Yup revealed his hopes to land a TV commercial deal with co-host, actor Lee Dong Wook.

Shin Dong Yup stated on the June 19th episode of SBS ‘Strong Heart’, “I get many offers for commercials as well but I tell them I wouldn’t do it unless Lee Dong Wook was included. So Lee Dong Wook, you should do the same when you get offers for commercials as well. Let’s do it together.”

Shin Dong Yup was of course making a joke because Lee Dong Wook is fast becoming the most sought after spokesperson in Korea right now. He has recently signed up to become the spokesperson for a Ham and a beer brand.

After listening to Shin Dong Yup’s suggestion Lee Dong Wook asked, “What type of commercial would you like to do? What do you think about a makeup commercial?”, to which Shin Dong Yub replied, “I couldn’t in my good conscience do a makeup commercial. I think a Soju commercial would be good”, and everyone in the studio burst into laughter.

Other guests on the day included comedians Jang Dong Min, Yoo Sang Moo, and Yoo Sae Yoon, actors Lee Ki Woo, Kim Bin Woo, Yoo In Young, and more.

Image: SBS ‘Strong Heart’
Source: Sports Seoul via Nate / kpopfever

class="entry-title"

***So happy for LDW that so many CFs are on his way...................He was recently selected to be the model for a liquor advertisement and now his selection as the model for the food brand. He's showing popularity in the world of advertisements. I like his ad in this "Ham" CF. It's funny............at the same time romantic.:)]

***LDW looks very fine, good-looking. 

Lee Dong-wook looks good in white shirt

photo244687.jpg

Actor Lee Dong-wook looks attractive once again.

While he is the rising entertainment star for his performance in the SBS TV program "Kang Heart", he's done an ad for Richam and revealed 4 different pictures of himself never seen before.

In the picture, Lee is smiling brightly with faint eyes. He is banging the table with his chopsticks like a little would, asking his mommy for dinner. In another picture where he has his legs up supported by his hands, he looks cute all the way down to his feet.

Netizen's say, "A man who looks good in a white shirt is good for any girl", "We can see his tummy even if the shirt is loose", "I want to cook for him" and more.

Meanwhile, Lee Dong-wook is hosting the TV program "Kang Heart" so fluently he has good potentials to be a good entertainment MC.

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c... ( English )

Translation : Hancinema