Idol Love Scandal 8th – SNSD Tiffany & 2PM Wooyoung

Idol Love Scandal 9th – After School Kahi & Teen Top Niel

Idol Love Scandal 10th – Jang Geun Suk & Jang Yun Ju

Idol Love Scandal 11th – Lee Dong Wook & Lee Si Young

Idol Love Scandal 12th – MBLAQ GO & After School Jooyeon

Idol Love Scandal 13th – B2ST Doojoon & 4Minute Gayoon

Idol Love Scandal 14th – SHINee Key & Kara Nicole

Idol Love Scandal 15th – TVXQ Yunho & Go Ara

I love Wookie in WR and I miss this drama already. His chemistry with LSY is superb and he brought his character so great to life. I like him most in funny roles. He's just made for comedy in my eyes. :wub:

Now I'm thrilled about news about his next project. I hope it won't take too long. :sweatingbullets:

Guest naniscude_89

I like  that Park Mu Yeoul and Eun Jae are together but at the same I feel sad that his 8 years relationship with Kang Jong Hee just end that way. 

http://redutdgal.wordpress.com/2012/02/26/wild-romance/

Wild Romance (Spoilers included)

I am actually surprised that I am writing again, just a week after my Super Show 4 blog entry. Haha…but I guess I feel strongly enough about Wild Romance for me to actually write about it. Anyway, I realised I last wrote about a drama almost 2 years ago! I’ve watched so many dramas in these 2 years, but I’ve been too lazy to actually write about them. Lol~

So what is it that makes me want to write about Wild Romance?

I would say it’s the low viewer ratings.

Weird, you might say. Why am I reviewing a drama that didn’t bring in the viewers?

Well, I just thought that I should try to understand why that is the case. Because I asked myself: Why are people not watching this drama? Or rather, why are people in Korea not watching it?

I tried to think of some reasons, and indeed I found some. But before I continue, I must say that I actually liked the drama. Lee Dong Wook aside (if I even dare to make him an “aside”!), the drama actually had a good plot. I’m one who likes drama with a sports setting because I had my own good experiences with sports, so from the get-go I was already looking forward to the drama. Add Lee Dong Wook into the mix, and well, I just couldn’t turn the drama away. Haha…

Ok back to the plot. When I say “good plot”, I’m looking at it as a whole. If we actually dissect it into 2 parts i.e. the main plot and the sub-plot, we come to realise that the sub-plot takes up too much airtime. I like that the process of finding out who the stalker was brought out the Sherlock Holmes in all of us. However, the main plot, I feel, fell short of something compelling to bring the viewers in. I love sports and Lee Dong Wook and I admire women like Lee Shi Young who are active in sports, so perhaps that was why I continued watching the drama, but I felt that there wasn’t enough focus on the relationship of the leads. It was exciting till mid-way in the show when Eun Jae goes to the mountains in search of Moo Yeol who ran away to reflect on his life, but when the old flame Jong Hee appeared, I thought the relationship of the main couple got such a back seat that I wonder whether they were really the main couple.

Bringing the old flame into the frame is almost like a given in any modern mainstream drama, but having seen many dramas, I realise that there are some dramas that actually add value when they bring in the old flame. The old flame disrupts the process of building the current couple’s relationship but you still see many interactions between the current couple. I didn’t feel that was done in Wild Romance. The way Eun Jae just observed from afar and let the man she likes try to rekindle his relationship with his old flame just didn’t work for me. Yes, at some point, I could understand why she decided to take a step back, but the drama would have been more exciting (and more befitting of the title!) if she had gone head-to-head with Jong Hee and fought for Moo-Yeol’s love. Instead, the fighting, as it were, was only evident in the very 1st episode when Jong Hee suddenly popped up. After that, it was just her resigning to her fate…how would viewers identify with Wild Romance if the romance wasn’t wild enough?

Then I thought about it and realised….

Maybe the “wild” in Wild Romance didn’t refer to the main couple’s relationship. Looking at the just the final 2 episodes alone, perhaps the wild romance referred to the love the housekeeper had for Moo Yeol? You have to take a step back and look the plot as a whole to realise this. “Wild Romance” seemed like a misnomer because maybe we expected too much from the main couple. But if we look at the lengths the housekeeper go to just to have Moo Yeol by her side, then we can say that it was indeed romance at its wildest. Then it wouldn’t be surprising that one of the few things that gripped me (other than Lee Dong Wook’s fabulous acting!) was the actress who played the housekeeper role. She was really good at playing the insignficant other whose ugly side rears it head because of her repressed feelings. I especially like her lines when her statement was taken at the police station, especially the bit which goes like “A princess falling in love is a fairy tale; a witch falling in love is a curse”. That doesn’t mean her actions were justified. Especially when so many people were hurt along the way. But just at that moment whe she bared her feelings, I thought: Wow, that is so true.

If that romance that the housekeeper crafted on her own isn’t wild enough, I don’t know what else is. The question is whether this was actually intended. When the writers came up with the title, did they really want us to focus on the housekeeper-master relationship? If they did, then I’d give them 2 thumbs up because they managed to make me think deeper about the plot. If it was unintended i.e. if the wild romance was supposed to refer to the Eun Jae-Moo Yeol relationship, then I would think that it wasn’t compelling enough. At least not compelling enough for viewers who were looking forward to just how wild their relationship would be.

Ok, guess that’s enough reviewing already. Can I just gush about Lee Dong Wook now? Lol~

When I found out he was going to act as a baseball player, I was thinking: DAEBAK. My favourite actor as a sportsman. That is just so cool. Well, he was cool…but I think he’s too skinny to play the sportsman persona. He was fine when he just got out of the military and acted in Scent of a Woman (which I think is one of the best dramas in recent years!), but I thought he was a bit too skinny for a baseball player. Haha but he’s still very charming! Everytime I see him act, I admire the way he conveys his emotions and engages people with just his eyes. Of course other parts of his face come together to make a very good-looking man, but I like his eyes the most.

To revisit his wonderful ‘eye acting’, I’m going to rewatch some of the recent dramas he’s acted in. Bought the Scent of a Woman DVD some time ago, but never got down to watching it!

That’s it from me this time around. I’ll leave this blog with a beautiful MV I saw on Youtube. Till the next post…

Guest incarnadine

Hi everyone!

This thread has been moving pretty slow lately (though still at a steady pace), I think it's time to liven things up around here once again :)

And so, Wookie wrapped up his first drama of the year, Wild Romance. I have been following it religiously and I must say, Wookie did such an outstanding performance there as Park Moo Yeol. You guys should see it. It did rather poorly in the ratings, which is very unfortunate, but it's been earning positive reviews left and right from the critics. I hope Wookie doesn't feel too glum about it as WR has had a very solid and avid fanbase, akin to a cult following, if I may say so :D

I can't wait for his next project!!! Though I think he needs some time to rest, too. He has mentioned in recent interviews that he's really keen on being cast in a sageuk drama. Hmmm, Wookie in a sageuk? Wouldn't he look too pretty in it? heehee :P But I know he'll do well and I'll support him 100%.

Guest incarnadine

Not sure if this has been posted here, but here is an old photo (around August of 2011) of Wookie working out in preparation for his role as Kang Ji Wook in Scent of a Woman :

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

20110807151640662.jpg

‘Wild Romance’ Draws Curtain with Kissing

The kissing of a couple has marked the final ending of the KBS2 Wednesday-Thursday drama “Wild Romance.”

On the February 23 episode, Park Mu-yeol (Lee Dong-wook) and Yoon Eun-jae (Lee Si-young) becomes a true couple against all odds. They first met as enemies when Eun-jae was forced to work as a bodyguard for Mu-yeol, a star baseball player, although she was his detractor. When Eun-jae fell for him, Mu-yeol’s first love, Kang Jong-hee (Jessica), to Eun-jae’s disappointment, returned some years after she left him. And a stalker of Mu-yeol harassed women around Mu-yeol.

1329_3471_l.jpg

But it turns out that the stalker is Mu-yeol’s housemaid, and she is arrested. Jong-hee leaves him again after learning that what Mu-yeol has cherished is not her but the memory that they had together.

Mu-yeol then confesses to Eun-jae, who is afraid of taking their relationship to the next level, that he is sorry to Jong-hee but the person he loves is her and kisses her.

Meanwhile, the Kim Dong-ah (Lim Joo-eun) and Kim Tae-han (Kang Dong-ho) couple tie the knot as they have wanted, while Jin Dong-su (Oh Man-seok) moves to a rural town with his wife Oh Soo-young (Hwang Sun-hee) to lead a quiet life.

“Wild Romance” will be succeeded by “Just Ordinary Love Story” starring rookie actors Yeon Woo-jin and Yoo Da-in.

Writer: TV Report

Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBS Media - Illegal reproduction & distribution is banned.

KBS Global - http://english.kbs.co.kr/TVRadio/BehindtheDrama/view.html?No=1329

http://kpopfever.com/2012/02/lee-dong-wook-among-friends-celebrating-jung-joon-has-girlfriend-nemos-birthday/

Lee Dong Wook among friends celebrating Jung Joon Ha’s girlfriend Nemo’s birthday

BY CERIDWEN – FEBRUARY 29, 2012

POSTED IN: ICANDY

Comedian Jung Joon Ha shared a picture from the birthday party of his girlfriend whose nickname is Nemo.

Jung Joon Ha tweeted around 11pm on February 28th, “(Jung) Hyung Don, (Lee) Juk, Bada, Happy birthday from the bottom of my heart. And one more person. Happy birthday from the bottom of my heart and I love you! TO Nemo FROM Shrek“, sharing that it is his girlfriend’s birthday.

Jung Joon Ha continued, “(Lee) Dong Wook who was with us, I thank you and love you” including a selca taken at the birthday party. In the picture, Jung Joon Ha and Lee Dong Wook look affectionate as they smile in front of Nemo’s birthday cake. Jung Joon ha and Lee Dong Wook have worked together on SBS’s ‘Scent of a Woman’ last year and have been friends since.

On the cake, it is written ‘I am a happy man for having met Nemo’ which shows Jung Joon Ha’s love for his girlfriend.

In the morning of February 29th Jung Joon Ha added a message of thanks that reads, “Many special friends who have wished my love Nemo a happy birthday, I want to thank each and every one of you but I believe you will be understanding that I am not able. I thank you from the bottom of my heart once again and be healthy and happy???”

Hi everyone!

This thread has been moving pretty slow lately (though still at a steady pace), I think it's time to liven things up around here once again :)

And so, Wookie wrapped up his first drama of the year, Wild Romance. I have been following it religiously and I must say, Wookie did such an outstanding performance there as Park Moo Yeol. You guys should see it. It did rather poorly in the ratings, which is very unfortunate, but it's been earning positive reviews left and right from the critics. I hope Wookie doesn't feel too glum about it as WR has had a very solid and avid fanbase, akin to a cult following, if I may say so :D

I can't wait for his next project!!! Though I think he needs some time to rest, too. He has mentioned in recent interviews that he's really keen on being cast in a sageuk drama. Hmmm, Wookie in a sageuk? Wouldn't he look too pretty in it? heehee :P But I know he'll do well and I'll support him 100%.

Let me second that - Wookie did great in Wild Romance, and despite its low ratings, it was a very enjoyable watch and I would recommend it to all.  Of course, I don't think Wookie can be bad in anything.  I love his expressions...he acts well with his eyes.  Well, with every part of him, really, but his eyes do a lot of the talking, you might say.

Did he really say he'd like to do a sageuk drama?  Wow, I'd love to see that.  Hope we hear soon of his plans.

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/03/boom-and-lee-dong-wook-cheer-on-koreas-soccer-team-together

Wookie news today

Hi kler, thanks for sharing this link. They became close when they were in the army together. And so nice to see them together once in a while now that they’re out from the army despite of their busy schedules. It seems that Boom is really sociable. :lol:

420391_245975182160564_113445755413508_536221_1249401435_n.jpg

Wookie posted a photo on his me2day 06-March-2012! So cute! We missed you!<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; ">Lee DongWook says he's doing fine. He's just taking a rest since “Wild Romance” is finished. Oh, and he said he'll answer some questions soon^^ He said he'll receive the questions for a week.. Didn't say he'll answer them in a week :P He apologizes for not being clear. Translations by me2stars.wub.gif

Hmmmm.. I want to see him making more dramas so I'm not sure how I feel about this

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/03/lee-dong-wook-in-discussion-for-mc-position-on-strong-heart

Earlier SBS had revealed that they were considering a two man co-MC team for ‘Strong Heart‘ following the departure of original MC Lee Seung Gi. One of the MC candidates had been been rumored be actor Lee Dong Wook.

Representatives of SBS revealed, “Lee Dong Wook has been offered an MC role, and we are currently talking and discussing the matter with his representatives. A decision hasn’t been made yet, but we will soon be talking about the finer details of his role.”

King Kong Entertainment also added, “It is true that Lee Dong Wook has been offered an MC position for ‘Strong Heart’. There has not been any decision, but we are discussing the matter.”

Lee Dong Wook has been playing a part in the Hallyu wave, as he has a gained a considerably large international fanbase. Officials hope that his addition will help the show spread to larger audience.

Lee Dong Wook’s rumored MC partner has not reached the same stage of discussion yet, but stay tuned for updates!

Source + Photos: Star News via Naver

http://kpopfever.com/2012/03/lee-dong-wook-offered-to-mc-strong-heart/

Lee Dong Wook offered to MC ‘Strong Heart’

BY CERIDWEN – MARCH 9, 2012

POSTED IN: NEWS, TV

Actor Lee Dong Wook is being sought out as the new MC for SBS’s ‘Strong Heart’.

According to information from an SBS insider, after Lee Seung Gi decided to leave the show, ‘Strong Heart’ is looking to bring about changes in the program as a 2 male MC system and Lee Dong Wook’s being mentioned as a possible MC.

The insider said to Star News, “Lee Dong Wook is being sought out to become the MC, and discussions are taking place with the Lee Dong Wook’s side.”

It was also added by the insider that, “Whether Lee Dong Wook would appear has not been decided on so sometime soon we will be sharing the opinion on the detailed situation.”

Lee Dong Wook’s management company King Kong Entertainment also revealed to Star News, “It is true that Lee Dong Wook has been offered to MC ‘Strong Heart’. The decision has not been made and we are reviewing it currently.”

‘Strong Heart’ had a 2-MC system with Kang Ho Dong and Lee Seung Gi but then with the retirement announcement by Kang Ho Dong in September last year, Lee Seung Gi has been carrying the show as the MC. However, Lee Seung Gi will be leaving the program with the last pre-recording to take place on March 15th, so ‘Strong Heart’ is expected to undergo some changes.

Viewer interest is peaking since starting with the change in MC, a brand new ‘Strong Heart’ is expected to emerge.

Lee Dong Wook is a Hallyu star who has a lot of fans not only in Korea but overseas as well so the value of ‘Strong Heart’ as Hallyu content is expected to increase as well.

The second MC is not known to be specifically discussed as of yet.

The much talented Lee Seung Gi, who has done a great job of carrying ‘Strong Heart’ by himself for months now, will be MC’ing the last episode to air through April 4th which will be the YG Family Special.

Source: Star News via Nate

Guest incarnadine

Hmmm... interesting.

I've always known that Lee Dong Wook is a very quick-witted and funny guy, and I have no doubt in my mind that he will be able to carry an MC position. Plus, he's displayed that in his hosting stint with Boom during his army days. So talent or skill-wise, I believe there is no question that Wookie can do it.

Now the question is... should he do it? Is it part of his master plan of being a great actor and eventually directing his own film/s? If Wookie thinks it is, then so be it. But if it will get in the way of his true goals, then perhaps he or his management should reconsider. I mean, sure, MC-ing a popular show will further solidify his position in the Hallyu wave, and will perhaps turn him into a household name. But those reasons alone shouldn't determine whether he should take the offer or not.

Anyway, whatever happens, I am quite confident that Wookie will make the right decision, and that he will fight for it. He knows what he's doing. So Wookie sshi, FIGHTING! smile.gif

Hmmmm.. I want to see him making more dramas so I'm not sure how I feel about this

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/03/lee-dong-wook-in-discussion-for-mc-position-on-strong-heart

Earlier SBS had revealed that they were considering a two man co-MC team for ‘Strong Heart‘ following the departure of original MC Lee Seung Gi. One of the MC candidates had been been rumored be actor Lee Dong Wook.

Representatives of SBS revealed, “Lee Dong Wook has been offered an MC role, and we are currently talking and discussing the matter with his representatives. A decision hasn’t been made yet, but we will soon be talking about the finer details of his role.”

King Kong Entertainment also added, “It is true that Lee Dong Wook has been offered an MC position for ‘Strong Heart’. There has not been any decision, but we are discussing the matter.”

Lee Dong Wook has been playing a part in the Hallyu wave, as he has a gained a considerably large international fanbase. Officials hope that his addition will help the show spread to larger audience.

Lee Dong Wook’s rumored MC partner has not reached the same stage of discussion yet, but stay tuned for updates!

Source + Photos: Star News via Naver

http://kpopfever.com/2012/03/lee-dong-wook-offered-to-mc-strong-heart/

Lee Dong Wook offered to MC ‘Strong Heart’

BY CERIDWEN – MARCH 9, 2012

POSTED IN: NEWS, TV

Actor Lee Dong Wook is being sought out as the new MC for SBS’s ‘Strong Heart’.

According to information from an SBS insider, after Lee Seung Gi decided to leave the show, ‘Strong Heart’ is looking to bring about changes in the program as a 2 male MC system and Lee Dong Wook’s being mentioned as a possible MC.

The insider said to Star News, “Lee Dong Wook is being sought out to become the MC, and discussions are taking place with the Lee Dong Wook’s side.”

It was also added by the insider that, “Whether Lee Dong Wook would appear has not been decided on so sometime soon we will be sharing the opinion on the detailed situation.”

Lee Dong Wook’s management company King Kong Entertainment also revealed to Star News, “It is true that Lee Dong Wook has been offered to MC ‘Strong Heart’. The decision has not been made and we are reviewing it currently.”

‘Strong Heart’ had a 2-MC system with Kang Ho Dong and Lee Seung Gi but then with the retirement announcement by Kang Ho Dong in September last year, Lee Seung Gi has been carrying the show as the MC. However, Lee Seung Gi will be leaving the program with the last pre-recording to take place on March 15th, so ‘Strong Heart’ is expected to undergo some changes.

Viewer interest is peaking since starting with the change in MC, a brand new ‘Strong Heart’ is expected to emerge.

Lee Dong Wook is a Hallyu star who has a lot of fans not only in Korea but overseas as well so the value of ‘Strong Heart’ as Hallyu content is expected to increase as well.

The second MC is not known to be specifically discussed as of yet.

The much talented Lee Seung Gi, who has done a great job of carrying ‘Strong Heart’ by himself for months now, will be MC’ing the last episode to air through April 4th which will be the YG Family Special.

Source: Star News via Nate

Hi kler, thanks for posting this news. I'm curious if he's going to accept this offer. Actually, being an MC isn't new to him anymore since he did that during his military service. He had done recorded variety shows w/ peers like Boom. So. I'm sure he could handle this. That's why, I'm sure they must have a lot of confidence in him to handle this show. Now, if he decides otherwise later I'll always support him - acting suits him better, anyway. But, he won't be alone here because there's another MC aside of him. Also curious who will this be? :lol:

Wookie just updated his me2day a few min ago, he is answering questions, so far he has answered 6 questions now, hopefully someone will translate them.

Willenette- yeah but I wanna see him doing more dramas cause I think he only has few dramas as male lead..

And also going overseas meeting fans cause then you get all the interviews, fan encounters and stuff ;)

[POLL] Who Looks Younger in Their 30s!

Another fun and exciting week for all of us!

This week, we will decide who among our Idols today (ages almost 30 and above) have the Youngest Look in their batch!

Who among them look’s so young? Who among them can still capture the heart of the crowd!

Now, let us choose, Among the 10 listed below, who will win in the [POLL] Who Looks Younger in Their 30s!

Link here : http://k-popexpress.com/poll-who-looks-younger-in-their-30s/

http://en.korea.com/blog/enter/tv/lee-dong-wook-reveals-“i-had-two-near-death-experiences-while-shooting-the-sweet-life”/

Lee Dong Wook reveals, “I had two near-death experiences while shooting The Sweet Life”

March 13, 2012 10:00 pm hannacha

As the most memorable scene among his works, actor Lee Dong Wook has selected the scenes that were taken in Japan for MBC’s drama series The Sweet Life.

On March 13, Lee held a short Q&A session for his fans on Me2day.

A fan asked him, “What is the most memorable scene among your works so far?” Lee replied, “I’ve gotta say the scenes that were shot in Japan for the series The Sweet Life. You know, those scenes where I ran here and there in a mountain covered with snow to find the corpse of Sung Goo…

(During the shooting) I had two near-death experiences. Once, when I got exhausted from running and collapsed, I could barely breathe. The other time, I was running recklessly in snow that was hard to guess its depth, when my body fell into it.. Fortunately, my face rested above the surface, so the staff ran down to rescue me.”

When another fan asked, “If you are to challenge yourself with another job besides acting, what would you do?” Lee drew attention by answering, “Back in my school days, I wanted to study hotel management. But I really like my job as an actor now.”