[Drama 2024] The Two Sisters - 피도 눈물도 없이 - Mon to Fri 19:50 KST

0ly40

Let's settle this once and for all  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would HW be the evil one instead of HJ if HJ had not chosen to follow her mother because of the ‘whisper’ from HW?

• No, HJ is just bad, she will use the abusive stepmother for excuse or something. HW will still be the normal sister with some issues.
    • Yes, the feckless mother and her henpecked husband will turn any child evil.
    • No, the drama has shown us nothing that would indicate HJ was any more or less evil than her sister
    • Yes, her actions since the whisper clearly indicate a pre-existing psychopathic condition that only manifested after the whisper.
    • None of the above / Something else. What?
  2. 2. Will there be more deaths? It’s been a while since someone was killed. (choose as many as you like)

• YC is declining, not as fast as real brain cancer patients, but dying. He is next.
    • They are keeping Chase and Attorney Baek alive so that one of them will die at the end.
    • YC’s sister is next. She can be removed without affecting the story.
    • MIL twin has double crossed too many people, she’s next.
    • San Duel - he's been essentially scene filler material since the writer change - he'll get caught in the crossfire between sisters
    • San Duels Girlfriend - she stole Hye Ji's phone at Hye Won's direction, nations have gone to war for less - she's doomed
    • Sane Aunt - she'll lip off at Hye Ji at the wrong moment, and "poof" ... she's gone
    • The Yoon housekeeper - she helped Hye Ji in the past, but she's probably on Hye Won's payroll - Hye Ji finds out and its time for a new maid.
    • Min Jun - the only level headed/devoted gf in the show, and we can't have her survive, that would be too "warm and fuzzy"
    • None of the above / Someone else. Who?
  3. 3. Will HW go to jail?

• No, the little traps she set for the doctor and her allies were not recorded
    • Yes, for committing BDE to an asylum by manipulating medical reports
    • No, Attorney Baek is kept in the show to play his most important scene, defending HW.
    • Yes she will, together with Chase who has been assisting her.
    • Yes, but only for one or two of her lesser crimes - no more than two years (if that)
    • Something else. What?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/25/2024 at 11:00 AM

7 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Bottle Cap, Bottle Cap, Bottle Cap ... give it a rest - its worthless!  If the police didn't find it at the scene, you can't just show up with a bottle cap weeks/months later with a finger print on it.  If the writers try and make that the final gotcha that finally brings Hye Ji down ... its weak ... VERY weak.

I think if they succeeded in making her crazy then other evidence won’t matter. She will die in the asylum.

There was a long scene with her mother and stepfather. Will see what the subs say.

• Like 1

Still need subs, but its clear Hye Won and the doctor did indeed manufacture evidence to catch Hye Ji. 

As a drama filled with unexpected twists, I think it would be fitting if Mom actually turned Hye Won in to the police after Hye Ji goes to jail - Unlike step dad, Mom has been growing more and more upset with the sisters being at war with each other, and while it would come almost too late, it could give her just alittle bit of redemption if she at least tried to be a stern mother figure in the end.

on an other subject ...

If you haven't seen them yet, check out the new trailers posted on the "Scandal" drama thread - I'm almost afraid to be optimistic at this point, but it does look really good.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

As a drama filled with unexpected twists, I think it would be fitting if Mom actually turned Hye Won in to the police after Hye Ji goes to jail - Unlike step dad, Mom has been growing more and more upset with the sisters being at war with each other, and while it would come almost too late, it could give her just alittle bit of redemption if she at least tried to be a stern mother figure in the end.

I like this. Both sisters need to pay/get punished somehow.

59 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

If you haven't seen them yet, check out the new trailers posted on the "Scandal" drama thread - I'm almost afraid to be optimistic at this point, but it does look really good.

I'm trying not to be too optimistic, but "Scandal" might revive KBS2 daily ratings with the writer/director combo. The villainess being the FL of the drama is a great premise. The cast lineup is also great.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

I'm trying not to be too optimistic, but "Scandal" might revive KBS2 daily ratings with the writer/director combo.

Have they produced good shows? Dailies are another kettle of fish when compared with the 12-20 episodes shows. These are focused into storylines, beginning, middle and ending. Dailies wobbled to the ratings' drum, me thinks. Anyway if they'd come with good shows, it would be a good start.

The last time I watched HCY  was a show about divorced parents who got together to make another baby so he/she became a donor to their cancer stricken older son.

There was a real family that did it to save their adult daughter. I am not sure how the media got wind of it. I thought it should fall under child abuse. Extracting the bone marrow or removing blood etc. is painful and a  baby cannot protest. Anyway, I liked her acting although I hated the basis of the show.  Not that it matters much that she can act, the summary of Scandal seemed to describe a makjang show. But anything is a better change than watching HW and HJ.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maribella said:

But anything is a better change than watching HW and HJ.

But hey at least it remains unpredictable :lol:

- After 91 episodes of Hye Won forgetting she once loved her sister, she actually had a moment of pause when she thought Hye Ji might've actually killed herself ... of course it didn't last ... she also seems to have forgotten that she herself had tried to kill her.

- Mom dumped some truth on Hye Won, that the nurse would still be alive if Hye Won hadn't had her falsely admitted to the mental institution. 

- The fricken bottle cap just wont die ... and it looks like the lame writers are going to try and make it the lynch pin for Hye Ji.

- Hopefully Hye Ji doesn't kill the doctor who altered her memories, and somehow extracts the info on what he and Hye Won tried to do.  It wont save her in the end but at least Hye Won and part of her crew will go to jail as well.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952hq3zq2fpmqr1b3zlfh

... its almost over guys, hang in there :rolleyes:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, maribella said:

Have they produced good shows? Dailies are another kettle of fish when compared with the 12-20 episodes shows. These are focused into storylines, beginning, middle and ending. Dailies wobbled to the ratings' drum, me thinks. Anyway if they'd come with good shows, it would be a good start.

This is true. I've watched all kinds of dramas, and there are some good dailies that are often recommended online. Heaven's Promise, Ugly Alert, and Temptation of Wife (the biggest one and a blueprint for dailies) are just a few. They're soap operas, for the most part they're supposed to be unincredible.

Hwang Soo-Young wrote Ruby Ring, Cuckoo Nest/Two Mothers, and Red Shoes. All received high ratings regardless of the content. Choi Ji-Young directed Love on a Rooftop, The All-Round Wife, and Stock Struck.

3 hours ago, maribella said:

Anyway, I liked her acting although I hated the basis of the show.  Not that it matters much that she can act, the summary of Scandal seemed to describe a makjang show.

True, from what I've seen she's a great actress. She was also in Sponsor, which was a makjang. And in Sassy Girl Chun-Hyang and Autumn Tale (still makes me cry.)

37 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Mom dumped some truth on Hye Won, that the nurse would still be alive if Hye Won hadn't had her falsely admitted to the mental institution. 

Finally, the mom is doing something!

38 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

It wont save her in the end but at least Hye Won and part of her crew will go to jail as well.

Namely Hye-Won herself and Chase... maybe Attorney SML too.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Hopefully Hye Ji doesn't kill the doctor who altered her memories, and somehow extracts the info on what he and Hye Won tried to do.  It wont save her in the end but at

It didn’t look like he’s dead. In the preview, HJ was on the phone with HW telling her that she found the evidence of memory tampering. So agree, all could go to jail. 

The doctor deserves more. He works with mentally disturbed patients but no panic button, no nurses outside … :smirk:

4 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

Hwang Soo-Young wrote Ruby Ring, Cuckoo Nest/Two Mothers, and Red S

I had watched Red shoes and Red Ruby. There were good moments. But Red Ruby demanded a leap in ignoring science. The sisters had about 5 inches difference in height but nobody noticed esp. the boyfriend that his gf is different. Red shoes… what can I say. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, maribella said:

I had watched Red shoes and Red Ruby. There were good moments. But Red Ruby demanded a leap in ignoring science. The sisters had about 5 inches difference in height but nobody noticed esp. the boyfriend that his gf is different.

To be fair, it was based on Face-Off, and Left-Handed Wife did the same thing. Face-Off was equally illogical. :lol:

44 minutes ago, maribella said:

Red shoes… what can I say. 

Red Shoes isn't that bad if you consider Min Hee-Kyung the protagonist (which she is) instead of Gemma. It had a solid plot, ending could've been better though.

3 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

Red Shoes isn't that bad if you consider Min Hee-Kyung the protagonist (which she is) instead of Gemma. It had a solid plot, ending could've been better though.

I was reminded of Red Shoes while watching the trailer for Scandal. Maybe it will be something similar but a younger version.... 

Both HW and HJ need to face consequences. lets hope both end up in jail as well as the co-conspirators. In the earlier episode, chairman said it was his fault for bringing HJ into the family. Art twin countered that it wasn't him but this whole mess started because HW was married into their family. There was silence but then crazy aunt says that Yong Ki wouldn't have been born and so HW shouldn't be spoken of this way -- basically if there was no kid, everyone would be cursing HW and seeing her as the bad one. Only reason she has some shield from punishment is her mother card. I hope that gets destroyed because HW is just nuts at this stage. There are no differences between the two sisters. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

I was reminded of Red Shoes while watching the trailer for Scandal. Maybe it will be something similar but a younger version.... 

Only in Scandal, the FL is definitely the villain and protagonist of the story. Quite refreshing.

In the earlier episode, chairman said it was his fault for bringing HJ into the family. Art twin countered that it wasn't him but this whole mess started because HW was married into their family. There was silence but then crazy aunt says that Yong Ki wouldn't have been born and so HW shouldn't be spoken of this way -- basically if there was no kid, everyone would be cursing HW and seeing her as the bad one.

They're all correct and not... which is bizarre. 😂

I hope that gets destroyed because HW is just nuts at this stage. There are no differences between the two sisters. 

HW has gone berserk. I mean... she has reasons to (let's be completely real here, she kinda does), and we all thought she'd be evil. Just not to this extent.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

bringing HJ into the family. Art twin countered that it wasn't him but this whole mess started because HW was married into their family.

If we go back step by step to apportion fault, HJ messing around with an old married man and HW marrying JC would not be the cause of any problem. Kdrama chaebols have mistresses and illegitimates all the time. 

HJ had a bone of contention - to put it mildly- with HW. Her bad choice of parent was HW’s fault who had got her infoline crossed. HJ wanted revenge. 

I don’t remember why HJ slandered MIL for having a sexual relationship with the first dead person. But there we got HW wanted revenge. Also for JC’s death caused accidentally by HJ.

JC wanted revenge?? But he died we can strike him off.

ML had no revenge.

Chase wanted revenge for his father against YC. 

The doctor/politician’s wife wanted revenge for her daughter against HW, for marrying her daughter’s crush JC? 

48 minutes ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

They're all correct and not... which is bizarre. 😂

Seems right. The reasons are really purposely presented as unintentional and meant well. Fate. Lame.

Scandal is going to be different I think. 
FL is a gold digger who swindled her own husband. I hope they make him a devoted husband. Any weakness or side chick will weaken any revenge.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

- After 91 episodes of Hye Won forgetting she once loved her sister, she actually had a moment of pause when she thought Hye Ji might've actually killed herself ... of course it didn't last ... she also seems to have forgotten that she herself had tried to kill her.

- Mom dumped some truth on Hye Won, that the nurse would still be alive if Hye Won hadn't had her falsely admitted to the mental institution. 

I wonder if a section of the local audience also despise HW because mom's words were pretty strong and you don't see the anti voice against a FL that often. Or maybe the (second) writer also dislikes this character that she got dumped with to write about. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

because mom's words were pretty strong and you don't see the anti voice against a FL that ofte

Even if what she said  was true, the mother had not paid for being the main cause why HJ was vengeful after growing up miserable. She is the last person that the writer should use to straighten things out. In the show liver or die, the mother who abandoned her children ended up with one good eye and lived as a scavenger. That was so satisfying.

The writer is trying to make a kdrama realistic by making her characters  'real',  they are all human with bad and good sides. Unfortunately,  both HW and HJ cut unsympathetic figures. The reasons for their enmity have lost steam, it is now just winning. 

latest ep:

Omigoodness!! HJ was in prison again after stabbing HW, then a hug in the preview.  What on earth was that all about? Am I looking at oennie, oennie ,oennie??😅

• Like 3

I am going to predict that Chase and attorney Baek are half brothers. There were many hints about them being close during a discussion that the two couples had, although ML did not know he was half a couple yet.

• Like 2