[Drama 2024] Lovely Runner, 선재 업고 튀어

larus

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (April 27, 2024)

by DB Staff

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

javabeans

Lovely Runner: This is my happy pill of the week. I’m trying to hold off watching the new episodes for as long as possible, saving them up as motivation and reward to push through the stresses of corporate worklife — I need that light at the end of the tunnel. So far I’ve made it to Tuesday. I can see intensifying angst in our future, but the deepening relationship between Sol and Sun-jae is so sweet and earnest that it buoys my spirit even when I fear what’s around that corner. (Well, the earnestness is mostly on his side, but that is like 90% of his appeal and I’m not complaining. Such a pure and lumbering sweetheart is he, and his failed attempts to play it cool give me inordinate amounts of joy.) I can appreciate that the time-travel mechanism makes it extremely difficult to change one’s fate, but I won’t give up hoping Sol’s faith moves metaphorical mountains and gives us a happy outcome. I won’t even contemplate the alternative.

mistyisles

Lovely Runner: This show just continues to be exactly what I didn’t know I was craving. I’ll admit I could do without the brother/best friend scenes, but I love the rest so much that I don’t find those parts as annoying as I probably would otherwise. I adore how Sol is simultaneously so protective of and exasperated with her younger self, and I can’t blame either of the boys for swooning over her — though I appreciate the distinction that Sun-jae likes *both* versions of her, while Tae-sung didn’t seem to find her interesting (let alone anything else) until the version of her from the future rejected him. Speaking of Sun-jae, watching him come to terms with losing one dream (swimming) and finding another (singing) is beautiful and heartbreaking even without knowing how tragically it ended the first time around. I know Sol is just desperate for any way to save his life, but I really hope she can find a way to do it that doesn’t prevent him from joining Eclipse. He was SO happy on that stage, and it kills me that he apparently lost that joy somewhere along the way.

DaebakGrits

Lovely Runner: This story is bringing me life, and Byeon Woo-seok is giving me so many squees. The last time I looked forward to Mondays this much was when Business Proposal was airing. What can I say? I’m a sucker for a male lead who’s secretly been in love with the female lead for a long time (in a non-stalkerish way) and finally gets his unrequited crush requited.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-april-27-2024/

• Like 1

Kim Hye Yoon Waits Desperately For Byeon Woo Seok In "Lovely Runner"

Apr 29, 2024
by S Nam

Byeon Woo Seok and Kim Hye Yoon have returned to the present in the latest stills for “Lovely Runner”!

Based on a popular web novel and penned by “True Beauty” writer Lee Si Eun, “Lovely Runner” is a time-slip romance drama that asks the question: “What would you do if you had the opportunity to save your ultimate bias?” Kim Hye Yoon stars as Im Sol, a passionate fan devastated by the death of her favorite star Ryu Sun Jae (Byeon Woo Seok), who goes back in time to save him.

Spoilers

Previously, while burying a time capsule together, Im Sol and Ryu Sun Jae promised to meet at the Hangang Bridge on midnight of January 1, 2023, raising anticipation for whether the two will be able to keep their promise to meet 15 years later.

The newly released stills depict Im Sol waiting for Ryu Sun Jae on the bridge as snow flutters down. The Hangang Bridge is a meaningful location where the two met in another timeline before Ryu Sun Jae died. The snow piling up on Im Sol’s umbrella appears to hint that she has already waited for Ryu Sun Jae for a long time.

kim-hye-yoon.-.jpeg

Another still depicts Ryu Sun Jae calling someone on the phone. Ryu Sun Jae appears to be trying his best to remain calm in an emotional situation. Nevertheless, his gaze conveys great affection for someone, making viewers wonder if the two will reunite in the future.

byeon-woo-seok-.jpeg

kim-hye-yoon-2-.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1657903wpp/kim-hye-yoon-waits-desperately-for-byeon-woo-seok-in-lovely-runner

• Like 3

Kim Hye Yoon Reunites With Byeon Woo Seok As A Film Company Employee In "Lovely Runner"

Apr 29, 2024
by S Kim

tvN’s “Lovely Runner” has released new stills previewing Byeon Woo Seok’s and Kim Hye Yoon’s changed fates!

Based on a popular web novel and penned by “True Beauty” writer Lee Si Eun, “Lovely Runner” is a time-slip romance drama that asks the question: “What would you do if you had the opportunity to save your ultimate bias?” Kim Hye Yoon stars as Im Sol, a passionate fan devastated by the death of her favorite star Ryu Sun Jae (Byeon Woo Seok), who goes back in time to save him.

Ahead of the April 29 broadcast, tvN unveiled new stills featuring Ryu Sun Jae and Im Sol that foreshadow their changed fates with completely different appearances from before. In particular, a 34-year-old Im Sol, who was previously sitting in a wheelchair before she could travel in time, showcases her mature charm as a confident career woman. Viewers are curious to find out about the new life of Im Sol as an employee at the film company of her dreams.

lovely-runner-02_9d6c0d.jpeg

lovely-runner-01_0c32fa.jpeg

More stills capture Ryu Sun Jae being humiliated in front of the public as he gets pushed into the water fountain. It is no one else but Im Sol, who accidentally pushes him, who was tying his shoelaces with one leg on the fountain railing.

Spoiler

lovely-runner-03_e26918.jpeg

lovely-runner-04.jpeg

Anticipation is high for the reunion of Im Sol and Ryu Sun Jae, who used to have a fan-and-star relationship, as well as their romance which will unfold in the future.

Episode 7 of “Lovely Runner” airs on April 29 at 8:50 p.m.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1657961wpp/kim-hye-yoon-reunites-with-byeon-woo-seok-as-a-film-company-employee-in-lovely-runner

• Like 1

Ep 7 thots:

Spoiler

1. OMG - How could they transport Im Sol back to 2023 just right after she escaped the clutches of the pyscho? Sure she saved herself, but that also meant the pyscho was not captured unlike in the original timeline, which i suspect is still hovering around her in 2023 (cue the mysterious guy who knocked her handphone)

2. OMG AGAIN - Our Sun Jae really sets a new record for "Men who cannot forget their first love". How can he still pine for her after so many years and continue to keep their photo in his wallet?

3. ROFL - The bickering msgs between Sun Jae and Im Sol when both didnt know who they are texting is so funny. I cannot believe he actually wanted to send a photo of his *****wear to her to prove his point, haha. I burst out laughing

4. MY WISH - i do hope in the new 2023, Im Sol can tell Sun Jae about her time travel...I can just imagine how lost Sun Jae must be after Im Sol doesnt rem him after the near miss incident... Excited for Ep 8!!!

5. ??? - By right, Im Sol still have one more chance to go back to the past. But the watch is missing now. Will the pyscho strike again? Will there be a happily ever after for Im Sol and Sun Jae? Fingers crossed?

• Like 4

Loving the way the writers are weaving the story reveals -

We see that Sun Jae was plagued in part because he didn't get Im Sol off the bus in time to avoid the original accident that paralyzed her in the first time line

5 hours ago, bibianni19 said:

4. MY WISH - i do hope in the new 2023, Im Sol can tell Sun Jae about her time travel...

He was half way to figuring it out, at least in part when he started remembering her initial odd behavior and her statements about the accident, and the reservoir, which allowed him to get to her in time this episode

Loved her brother & bff getting married/kids :lol:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Loving the way the writers are weaving the story reveals -

We see that Sun Jae was plagued in part because he didn't get Im Sol off the bus in time to avoid the original accident that paralyzed her in the first time line

He was half way to figuring it out, at least in part when he started remembering her initial odd behavior and her statements about the accident, and the reservoir, which allowed him to get to her in time this episode

Loved her brother & bff getting married/kids :lol:

Spoiler

Yeah, can imagine the guilt he was carrying for years in original timelime, just becoz he didnt wake her up and missed getting off the bus w her. And to helplessly witness her  getting knocked by the taxi and flung into the river when he is just inches away...

I suddenly have a bold wish. Can the writer just transport Im Sol back to the past a final time for both of them to capture the pyscho for good, and Sol confessed to Sun Jae and they continue to be lovely dovey to the present time???? (assume there is absolutely no problem for an idol to have a girlfren) And this time, Sol will get to watch the concert INSIDE and hear the love song meant for her...

• Like 2

Another amazing episode 

I hope no more time jump please. 
This episode clears up what happens to Sun Jae in the original timeline. 

- Sol’s Grandma knows about the Time Jump but still isn’t normal.

- Serial Killer is out 

-Serial Kill is targeting Sol and Sun Jae but thanks to the time Jump. He has no had the chance to harm her. 
- Sol and Sun Jae’s life are still in danger

- Sun Jae is still very much in love with Sol

I can finally see that Baek In Hyuk is still Sun Jae’s best friend  and they are still close . I am happy for that. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7xqfdy191e6mdikli5v

same clothes and sneaker

Why would they release a SERIAL KILLER????

Koreans really need a wake up call

• Like 4

Since the writer/PD-nim made it a point to show us the watch being knocked off during Sun Jae's fight with the taxi driver, I'm starting to think the killer has it, and will use it to come at one or both of our leads. 

Its a fair guess now that Sun Jae didn't commit suicide and may have instead been pushed by the killer. 

I would also hazard a guess that Sun Jae & Im Sol were always together and that the killer may prove to be the cause of their fractured joint timeline. 

So time for a bold unsubstantiated prediction ...

Along about episode 15 Im Sol will die at the hands of the killer. Sun Jae in his grief will somehow reacquire the watch and realize its power and that Im Sol had returned repeatedly to save him in the past. He will make a jump back and save Im Sol thus resetting what will be revealed to be their initial timeline, where they were never separated after high school. 

Roll credits -

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 7! :).

20240430015600_lovely-runner-2-1-1.jpg?s

"Lovely Runner" Ratings Soar To New Personal Best

tvN’s “Lovely Runner” is on the rise!

According to Nielsen Korea, tvN’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Lovely Runner” achieved an average nationwide viewership rating of 4.5 percent, which is a 1.1 percent boost in ratings from the previous episode’s score of 3.4 percent and the drama’s new personal best ratings.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1658155wpp/lovely-runner-ratings-soar-to-new-personal-best

• Like 1

Top 5 K-Dramas On Viki In April

Apr 30, 2024
by S Kim

April has been another month filled with diverse K-dramas that kept us on the edge of our seats. Here’s a recap of the top five K-dramas that were the most-watched on Viki this past month so you don’t miss out!

In no particular order.

Lovely Runner

lovely-runner-still-01-copy.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1656688wpp/top-5-k-dramas-on-viki-in-april

• Like 1

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7qrgfvajbr8yzc8k45p

What if ?? “ You haven’t changed? What did 

Sun Jae mean from the original timeline. Do you think he was talking about “the time she knew his existence” or meant when she did not know his existence.  “You have not changed! must mean something right  chingus.

7 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I would also hazard a guess that Sun Jae & Im Sol were always together and that the killer may prove to be the cause of their fractured joint timeline. 

7 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Since the writer/PD-nim made it a point to show us the watch being knocked off during Sun Jae's fight with the taxi driver, I'm starting to think the killer has it, and will use it to come at one or both of our leads. 

the time @LeftCoastOppa  If I recall  Sun Jae fought with the serial killer in the original timeline. Sun Jae never saw the Serial Killer from my recollection in the second timeline. I believe she got the watch after the fight occurred in the original timeline.
 I believe Sun Jae changed his watch to Pocket watch. In  Epicode 5 , pocket watch had a short scene with the director kinda zoomed in for us viewers.  It was the scene
when SJ came home and looked at the picture of him and Im Sol.

I don’t Im Sol knew she actually had Sun Jae’s watch but she thought she has one just LIKE Sun Jae. Remember the clothes  Im Sol wore is very different from the original timeline. 

• Like 1

Byeon Woo Seok And Kim Hye Yoon Get Intimate In "Lovely Runner"

Apr 30, 2024
by S Kim

tvN’s “Lovely Runner” has unveiled more heart-fluttering stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

Based on a popular web novel and penned by “True Beauty” writer Lee Si Eun, “Lovely Runner” is a time-slip romance drama that asks the question: “What would you do if you had the opportunity to save your ultimate bias?” Kim Hye Yoon stars as Im Sol, a passionate fan devastated by the death of her favorite star Ryu Sun Jae (Byeon Woo Seok), who goes back in time to save him.

Spoilers

The previous episode of “Lovely Runner” depicted the changed fates of Ryu Sun Jae and Im Sol. In the present time, Ryu Sun Jae continues to maintain his popularity as Korea’s top star while Im Sol lives a completely different life as an employee at a film company. The two kept their promises from 15 years ago and reunited on the Han River bridge, making viewers’ hearts flutter.

Amidst this situation, the newly released stills capture Ryu Sun Jae visiting Im Sol’s home.

lovely-runner-still-02_31f4a2.jpeg

After stepping inside, Ryu Sun Jae and Im Sol gaze at each other’s eyes in close distance, exuding romantic vibes.

lovely-runner-still-01_122040.jpeg

More stills preview Ryu Sun Jae affectionately looking down at sleeping Im Sol.

Spoiler

lovely-runner-still-03_8fee1a.jpeg

The serious facial expressions of the two make viewers eager to find out about what kind of conversation they will have.

Spoiler

lovely-runner-still-05_494297.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1658248wpp/byeon-woo-seok-and-kim-hye-yoon-get-intimate-in-lovely-runner

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ep 8 thots - SQUEE AND OMFG

Spoiler

1. FINALLY their second kiss!!!! And i think it's quite well done, both of them! (playing on repeat mode till next mon)

2. AND NOW WE KNOW...Sun Jae didnt commit suicide in the original timeline, he must have been killed by the pyscho and thrown down the pool, but this new timeline he probably fought and but still injured...both timelines Sun Jae foiled his plans to kill Im Sol, so although he was captured and jailed (both timeline), he wanted to seek revenge on Sun Jae.

3. TAE SEONG appeared in the new timeline briefly! I wonder what plotline he will bring!

4. POOR LOVEBIRDS,their happiness was shortlived! Time to go back to the past again! I believe this time will be via the pocket watch that Sol gave Sun Jae?

• Like 2
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

the time @LeftCoastOppa  If I recall  Sun Jae fought with the serial killer in the original timeline. Sun Jae never saw the Serial Killer from my recollection in the second timeline. I believe she got the watch after the fight occurred in the original timeline.

I went back and re-watched the attack scene, while they focus on the watch falling off Sun Jae's wrist, he's shown clutching it in hand, while sitting in the hallway during Im Sol's hospital scene. So I was mistaken, the killer didn't have it.

As for Im Sol's watch, she claims she got it at an auction, so I was always under the assumption it was Seo Jae's actual watch that he himself put up for auction which was why Im Sol was always so protective of it.

Episode 8 was possibly the best so far.

The moment Sun Jae turns and sees Im Sol with the time capsule ...

:heart2beat:

Now we gotta wait another week???!!!

:headbang:

• Blob 3

Here is the ratings for Episode 8! :).

20240501043402_ratings.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

"Lovely Runner" Maintains No. 1 Ratings + "Nothing Uncovered" And "The Midnight Studio" See Slight Rises

Lovely Runner” remains No. 1 among Monday-Tuesday dramas!

According to Nielsen Korea, the April 30 episode of tvN’s “Lovely Runner” achieved an average nationwide viewership rating of 4.1 percent, a slight dip from the previous episode’s rating of 4.5 percent, which was the drama’s personal best.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1658425wpp/lovely-runner-maintains-no-1-ratings-nothing-uncovered-and-the-midnight-studio-see-slight-rises

Hello, I'm new and in love with sol and sun jae.

Kind of spoiler:
I saw a leaked video somewhere where Sol is still in a wheelchair and Sun Jae is happily talking to another woman and it doesn't know Sol. 

so here is my theory: I guess the only way to save Sun Jae is for him to never fall in love with her. I think Sol will be able to go back into the past again and stop the first Meeting. He never falls in love with her and doesn't know her, which is why his and the serial killer's lives never cross paths, so no reasen to be killed in the future.

Sol's fate is probably to be kidnapped and spend her life in a wheelchair, but maybe it was never Sun Jae Fate to die and that's why she can always go back to the past to save him.

But I really hope the series doesn't end like this and its also just a theory

Or maybe it will also be possible for Sun Jae to travel into the past the last time and change the future with a happy ending

I really hope that they are happy and together in the end 🥲🙏

Byeon Woo Seok-Kim Hye Yoon’s Lovely Runner maintains top spot in viewership ratings race; Nothing Uncovered, The Midnight Studio follow close behind

The viewership ratings of the Monday-Tuesday dramas are still being reigned by Byeon Woo Seok and Kim Hye Yoon’s Lovely Runner. See where other dramas took place here.

Updated on May 01, 2024

420021923_lovely-runner-ratings_202405.j

On April 30, 2024, Lovely Runner aired its 8th episode while completing half of its 16-episode run. With this, Lovely Runner has successfully managed to remain at the top among Monday-Tuesday dramas. 

Lovely Runner recorded a nationwide rating of 4.1 percent on Tuesday according to Nielsen Korea. However, the ratings saw a small dip from Monday’s (April 29) episode which achieved the highest rating of the drama yet, 4.5 percent. Nonetheless, Lovely Runner managed to win in ratings and fans’ hearts. 

Byeon Woo Seok and Kim Hye Yoon’s Lovely Runner has been creating overwhelming buzz among K-dramas fans and has them on their toes waiting for the next episodes. As the story unfolds, the romantic comedy has successfully maintained the top spot in viewership ratings. 

Lovely Runner starring Byeon Woo Seok and Kim Hye Yoon has won the hearts of viewers with their interesting storyline and spellbinding acting performances. The K-drama airs every Monday and Tuesday. 

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/byeon-woo-seok-kim-hye-yoons-lovely-runner-maintains-top-spot-in-viewership-ratings-race-nothing-uncovered-the-midnight-studio-follow-close-behind-1301100

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1