[Upcoming Drama 2023] I Kill You, 아이 킬 유 - Kang Ji Young & Lee Gi Kwang- Premiers second half 2023

larus

Drama:I Kill You

Hangul:아이 킬 유

Genre: action, drama 

Network:

Episodes:

Director: Yu Ha

Writer:

Release Date: second half 2023

Runtime:

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Plot

Drama I Kill You tells the story of a once-promising taekwondo athlete who has become a low-income worker and gets involved in a drunk hit-and-run incident. She is mistaken for the granddaughter of Beom Han Construction, who resembles her in appearance and ends up representing her in the media. The drama explores the events that unfold in this situation. 

Cast

Kang Ji Young as Sun-Woo / Ji-Yeon

Lee Gi Kwang as Ho-Joong

Uhm Tae-woong as

Character descriptions

Sun-Woo  (Kang Ji Young) comes from a poor family background. She was once a promising Taekwondo athlete, but she now works part-time jobs to support herself. One day, she is is selected to become the stand-in for Ji-Yeon  (Kang Ji Young)  due to their similar appearance. Ji-Yeon is the granddaughter of Beomhan Construction Company's chairman. She was the driver of a fatal hit-and-run car accident. Sun-Woo must play Ji-Yeon in front of the public and media.

Ho-Joong is Ji-Yeon’s stepbrother and he has an inferiority complex over Ji-Yeon. He wants to become the successor to Beomhan Construction Company.

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

by Hazel Jung, June 23, 2023

Xd3zNd_2f.jpg

I Kill You, tells the story of a once-promising taekwondo athlete who has become a low-income worker and gets involved in a drunk hit-and-run incident. He is mistaken for the granddaughter of Beom Han Construction, who resembles her in appearance and ends up representing her in the media. The drama explores the events that unfold in this situation. Kang Ji Young and Lee Gi Kwang will star in the drama, with director Yoo Ha, known for works like Once Upon a Time in High School, A Bittersweet Life, A Dirty Carnival, A Frozen Flower, and Gangnam 1970, taking the helm.

Kang Ji Young and Lee Gi Kwang's casting as the leads in I Kill You promises a unique transformation. Kang Ji Young will showcase her charm by playing two roles: Seon Woo, the low-income worker, and Ji Yeon, the granddaughter of a conglomerate. Kang Ji Young, who was once a promising taekwondo athlete, will fully transform into the protagonist Seon Woo and face a life-altering event in I Kill You. Through this drama, she is expected to display her potential as the next generation of action actors chosen by director Yoo Ha.

jQj3Zy_2f.jpg

Additionally, Lee Gi Kwang, a member of Highlight, stands out with his casting, displaying his abundant talent and passion for acting. He will portray Ho Joong, who aims to become the heir to a conglomerate as Ji Yeon's stepbrother, while harboring feelings of inferiority towards her. In I Kill You, Lee Gi Kwang reveals a side of himself never seen before, portraying a wealthy young man with an outwardly exemplary image but an inner wildness. Anticipation is high for his remarkable transformation and intense acting performance.

Helmed by Yoo Ha, a master of the action genre, featuring Kang Ji Young's casting that heralds the birth of a new action star and showcasing Lee Gi Kwang's striking transformation and acting skills, I Kill You began its rapid production on the 12th, signaling a strong start.

As filming commenced, Kang Ji Young stated, "Action scenes are not easy, but I'm enjoying the atmosphere on set and working hard with enthusiasm. I hope for much anticipation and interest in my transformation into an action actor." Lee Gi Kwang also expressed his positive feelings about the first shoot of I Kill You, saying, "This is my first project where I use my body a lot, and since it's a work where I appear as a villain, I'm focusing on studying the script and practicing martial arts during filming. I ask for a lot of expectations and interest.

KARA’s Kang Jiyoung And Highlight’s Lee Gikwang Cast In Upcoming Action Drama

Jun 23, 2023
by S. Cho

20230623141231_Kang-Jiyoung-Lee-Gikwang.

KARA’s Kang Jiyoung and Highlight’s Lee Gikwang have been confirmed to star in an upcoming drama!

Kang Jiyoung and Lee Gikwang are set to lead “I Kill You” (working title), an action drama that follows the story of Sun Woo, a former Taekwondo hopeful who appears in the media on behalf of chaebol Ji Yeon, who eerily resembles Sun Woo and gets accused of being the main culprit of a drunk hit-and-run accident.

“I Kill You” will be the first-ever drama by director Yoo Ha, who helmed the films “Once Upon a Time in High School,” “A Dirty Carnival,” “A Frozen Flower,” “Gangnam Blues,” “Pipeline,” and more.

Kang Ji Young will take on a double role as Sun Woo, a former Taekwondo prospect who’s born into a poor family, and Ji Yeon, a third generation chaebol. Lee Gikwang stars as Ji Yeon’s half-brother Ho Joong, who feels inferior to her but aims to become their family’s heir.

Along with their casting announcement, “I Kill You” unveiled photos of director Yoo Ha, a master of the action genre, and rising action stars Kang Jiyoung and Lee Gikwang on set and at their first script reading.

Kang-Jiyoung-Lee-Gikwang.jpeg

Following the first “I Kill You” filming last month, Kang Jiyoung shared, “Action is not easy, but the filming set atmosphere is fun and I’m working diligently and enjoyably, so I ask for lots of interest and anticipation.” Lee Gikwang added, “For the first time, I have a lot of scenes using my body and I appear as a villain, and I’m filming while diligently studying the script and focusing on martial arts practice, so I ask for lots of interest and anticipation.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1595946wpp/karas-kang-jiyoung-and-highlights-lee-gikwang-cast-in-upcoming-action-drama

June 23 2023

Kang Ji-Young & Lee Gi-Kwang cast in drama “I Kill You”

I-Kill-You-SM1.jpeg

Kang Ji-Young & Lee Gi-Kwang are cast in new drama series “I Kill You” (working title). “I Kill You” will have veteran film director  Yu Ha (“Gangnam Blues“) directing his first ever drama series. In “I Kill You,” Jang Ji-Young will play two characters. Sun-Woo is a former takekwondo athlete and now part-time worker in various jobs. She is hired to become the stand-in for a rich chaebol heiress Ji-Yeon, who will also be played by Kang Ji-Young. Lee Gi-Kwang will play Ho-Joong. He is the stepbrother of Ji-Yeon and jealous of his stepsister.

Filming for “I Kill You” is currently underway and the drama series is targeted for release in the second half of this year.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Sun-Woo (Kang Ji-Young) comes from a poor family background. She was once a promising Taekwondo athlete, but she now works part-time jobs to support herself. One day, she is is selected to become the stand-in for Ji-Yeon (Kang Ji-Young)) due to their similar appearance. Ji-Yeon is the granddaughter of Beomhan Construction Company’s chairman. She was the driver of a fatal hit-and-run car accident. Sun-Woo must play Ji-Yeon in front of the public and media. Meanwhile, Sun-Woo becomes the target of Ho-Joong’s (Lee Gi-Kwang) hostility. Ho-Joong is Ji-Yeon’s stepbrother and he has an inferiority complex over Ji-Yeon. He wants to become the successor to Beomhan Construction Company.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/kang-ji-young-lee-gi-kwang-cast-in-drama-i-kill-you

News bites: June 28, 2023

by tccolb

Uhm Tae-woong (Wanted) confirmed casting for the upcoming I Kill You, which co-stars Kang Ji-young (Doctor Cha) and Lee Ki-kwang (Lovely Horribly). Directed by filmmaker Yoo Ha (Pipeline, Gangnam Blues), the crime-action began filming earlier this month and is aiming to broadcast later this year. [News]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/06/news-bites-june-28-2023/

Uhm Tae-woong returns to drama after 7 years "appearance in 'I Kill You' directed by Yoo Ha" [Official]

2023062710482024555_1.jpg

Actor Uhm Tae-woong returns to a drama after 7 years. On the 27th, an official from Ghost Studio, Uhm Tae-woong's agency, told Star News, "Uhm Tae-woong will appear in the new drama 'I Kill You' directed by Yoo Ha."

I Kill You is Yoo Ha's first foray into drama, having directed films such as Mean Streets, Ssanghwa, and Pipeline, and tells the story of a once-promising taekwondo practitioner, now a dirt-poor part-timer, who takes on the role of speaking to the media on behalf of another person because of her resemblance to the biological granddaughter of Beomhan Construction, who is accused of being responsible for a drunken hit-and-run death.

Uhm Tae-woong is receiving a lot of attention as he returns with this work after 7 years since the SBS drama 'Wanted', which aired in 2016. Meanwhile, in addition to Uhm Tae-woong, Kang Ji-young from KARA and Lee Kikwang from the group Highlight have confirmed their appearances in "I Kill You".

https://www.starnewskorea.com/stview.php?no=2023062710482024555

Uhm Tae Woong to make big screen return after 4 years in 'Last Homework'

Posted by Germaine-Jay

1631619982-20210914-uhmtaewoong.jpg

Uhm Tae Woong is set to make a big screen return after 4 years in 'Last Homework'.

On September 13, Santa Claus Entertainment confirmed Uhm Tae Woong's appearance in the movie, which marks his first film in 4 years since his last film 'Fork Crane' in 2017.

The actor has been taking a hiatus ever since he faced sexual assault allegations in 2016. He was cleared of the charges after the accuser's claims were found to be false. However, he was fined 1 million Won ($854.07 USD) for soliciting prostitution.

According to reports, Uhm Tae Woong is still receiving a lot of flack from netizens about his controversies. Netizens stated, "It's a personal matter his wife forgave," "The public doesn't forgive him," "Isn't he a criminal," and more.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/09/uhm-tae-woong-to-make-big-screen-return-after-4-years-in-last-homework

• 7 months later...

[Official] Kang Ji-YoungX Lee Ki-Kwang cast in 'I Kill You', the first drama from the director of 'Malicious Cruelty'

2023062301001812900234651.jpg

Group Kara Kang Ji-young and Highlight Lee Ki-kwang are starring in 'I Kill You', the first drama directed by director and storyteller Yoo Ha, who has an unrivaled action style such as 'Sassy Street', 'Mean Streets', 'Ssanghwajeom', and 'Gangnam 1970'. 

Director Yoo Ha debuted in Chungmuro with 'You Must Go to Apgujeong-dong on a Windy Day', released in 1993, and 'Marriage is a Crazy Thing', 'Cruel Story of Horse Juk Street', 'Mean Streets', 'Ssanghwajeom', 'Howling', and 'Pipe' released in 2021. As a master of the action genre until ‘Line’, he plans to meet viewers by attempting to direct his first drama with ‘I Kill You’. Expectations are already high to see how his action world view will unfold when transferred to a TV screen.

The lead roles in 'I Kill You' are played by Kang Ji-young and Lee Ki-kwang, who are attracting attention by predicting a unique transformation. In 'I Kill You', Kang Ji-young plays the dual roles of Seon-woo, a dirt spoon, and Ji-yeon, the third-generation granddaughter of a chaebol, showing off her charm. Kang Ji-young completely transforms into the main character, Seon-woo, a promising taekwondo fighter in the past, and faces an incident that will completely change his life. Through 'I Kill You', he plans to show off his qualities as a next-generation action actor selected by director Yoo Ha.

Above all, Kang Ji-young has built up a solid filmography by appearing in movies and dramas between Korea and Japan, solidifying her position as an actor from an idol. She is expected to heat up the TV screen by showing a different side of herself as an action actress through 'I Kill You'. .

In addition, the casting of Lee Ki-kwang, a member of the group Highlight and who stands out as an actor with his overflowing talent and passion for acting, also stands out. Lee Ki-kwang plays the role of Ho-joong, the half-brother of Ji-yeon, a third-generation chaebol, and who is looking for a chance to become the successor to Chae Ji-an, who has an inferiority complex towards Ji-yeon, and competes against Kang Ji-young. In 'I Kill You', Lee Gikwang is expected to show off a powerful performance that has never been seen before through the role of Hojoong, a gold-digger with a model student-like exterior but a runaway interior, and expectations are rising for his transformation.

Directed by director Yoo Ha, a master of the action genre, with the casting of Kang Ji-young, who announces the birth of a new action star, and Lee Ki-kwang, who stands out for his unique acting transformation, 'I Kill You' announced a strong start with a sudden crank-in on the 12th.

https://sports.chosun.com/entertainment/2023-06-23/202306230100181290023465?t=n1

• 1 month later...