Z8EQyj_4f.jpg

x44JoE_3f.jpg

Credit: Tencent

Details:

Title: 花琉璃轶闻 / Hua Liu Li Yi Wen
English title: Royal Rumours
Genre: Historical, romance

Director: Zhou Jia Wen
Screenwriter: Wang Hong, He Wen Zhe (贺文哲)
Producer: Yu Ya Lian

Episodes: 24
Broadcast network: Tencent
Broadcast period: March 15, 2023 - ?

Note: ~ Adapted from the novel of the same name by Yue Xia Die Ying.

Cast:

Jeremy Xu Zheng Xi as Ji Yuanchao
Meng Zi Yi as Hua Liuli
Zhu Yuan Bing as He Yuanting
Su Meng Yun as Tian Jiamin
Yi Yun He as Ji Yuanhao
Li Qing as Pei Jihuai
Zhang Xin Yi as Yuan Wei
Jiang Shan as Du Xiuying
Li Fei as Yun Han
Jiao Yu (焦钰) as Yao Wenyin
Huang Zi Qi as Xie Yao
Wang Jian Xin as Hua Yingting
Jin Jin as Hua Changkong

Synopsis:

Ji Yuan Chao is the ice-cold Crown Prince of a powerful kingdom whose safety and prosperity owe much to the loyalty of a clan called Hua. The Hua clan stuck by the kingdom's monarchs through thick and thin and a Hua clan military general helped the kingdom win a famous and decisive victory. But Ji Yuan Chao is less interested in this than his predecessors. He shows no emotion no matter what crosses his path and this has won him a reputation for coldness and indifference.

However, he appears to have met his match when he encounters the military general's daughter Hua Liu Li. This woman is every bit as haughty and strong-minded as the Crown Prince, although she - at first glance - seems to be as meek as a lamb. And when they meet, they both secretly resolve to outwit each other. But as these two fiery souls collide, could love bloom between them? And could they eventually form a powerful union that will help bring peace to the realm?

credit: MDL | Dramawiki

Preview:

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse

Please report to moderator @SC2019

• Wiggle 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Royal Rumours 花琉璃轶闻, premiered March 15, starring Jeremy Xu and Meng Zi Yi

Hi everyone! This week this was my top priority drama to watch, so I managed to do 7 episodes already. Overall, it's (so far) really uncomplicated and easy to watch. Certainly, there are many cliches, but the plot moves forward relatively fast, so they do not bother me that much. The main thing I want to complain is the ML's "character setting". 

Spoiler

Just some very confusing moments...

Jeremy's character is appointed as a Crown Prince - and honestly I do not see any reason for that... He is not the oldest son, not the son his father favors the most, and is known for literally doing nothing and usually ignoring court rules. So why such a man is appointed the Crown Prince???!!! The only reason i can think of right now is that he might be the son of the late (?!) Empress, but we ,the viewers,  have no info re this matter so far... Also , he, the Crown Prince,  lives in some city mansion (?!) and is openly walking the streets just like any commoner/gets to the mansions entrance and waits there on the steps (!?) to meet the FL, who is passing by in her carriage/gets in FL's carriage and travels with her alone (!) since he simply send her maid back home...in addition he secretly leads a vast spy net like some secret service head... I would be totally fine if he was just one of 50 princes/a general/a minister, but for a Crown Prince it's IMO really too much...

So I think the actor is doing his best- and he actually is very good in this type of roles- but the character himself is very questionable. 

I plan to continue watching since it's really short. Have a feeling 

Spoiler

the leads might not end together as a couple, just as an Emperor and a servant-country protector, smth like that. 

• Like 1

Yes, I know what you mean about the Emperor not seen as particularly favouring the Crown Prince. In the novel, the Emperor is described as doting on the CP, and grooming him to be his successor. And yes, his mother is the Empress who is deceased but the Emperor loved her so much that he never appointed another Empress.

The mansion that the CP mostly spends his time in is his Private mansion - his official residence is the East Palace in the Palace. His behaviour with HLL will normally not be tolerated in real Ancient China, but this story is set in a fictional dynasty in China, and the society is depicted as rather open, especially pertaining to women. Eg. HLL’s mother is a famous female general (like Love in the Galaxy). The spy network is added in the drama, I think because the idea became popular after Nirvana in Fire. 

I prefer Jeremy Xu here as compared to his role in Chong Zi. I also like the female lead actress - she totally fits my image of HLL. Despite some cringe worthiness, I’m mostly enjoying this drama.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, omiki said:

Yes, I know what you mean about the Emperor not seen as particularly favouring the Crown Prince. In the novel, the Emperor is described as doting on the CP, and grooming him to be his successor. And yes, his mother is the Empress who is deceased but the Emperor loved her so much that he never appointed another Empress.

The mansion that the CP mostly spends his time in is his Private mansion - his official residence is the East Palace in the Palace. His behaviour with HLL will normally not be tolerated in real Ancient China, but this story is set in a fictional dynasty in China, and the society is depicted as rather open, especially pertaining to women. Eg. HLL’s mother is a famous female general (like Love in the Galaxy). The spy network is added in the drama, I think because the idea became popular after Nirvana in Fire. 

I prefer Jeremy Xu here as compared to his role in Chong Zi. I also like the female lead actress - she totally fits my image of HLL. Despite some cringe worthiness, I’m mostly enjoying this drama.

Hi, and thanks for your inside info). Now it's much more clearer to me why certain things are like that). Just wish all of this would be explained during early stages of drama development, so there would be less confusion here). 

I love the FL, I remember her back from The Untamed, IMO she looks very "editorial" and unique, and has a good oncreen chemistry with her partner.

• Like 1

Feel like Jeremy is playin' a similar character LoL. Like his character here is quite similar to the one in, "The Autumn Ballad". I recognize the fl from her previous drama, "The Rebirth of a Shopaholic". Her character seem to be familiar too LoL.

Am not watchin' this intently as I'm skeptical of Chinese costume dramas.. they start off great and halfway through they become rather.. well, dead LoL. 

The humor and light tone helps but am still not invested in this. Just a casual viewer.

• 2 weeks later...

I started watching this and I couldn't wrap my head around the ML voice!

It's vastly different from the other dramas he starred in recently. 

I'm just going to wait this out and then try to resume when I can.

While I understand the need for dubbing in most CDramas, I would prefer the voice range to be similar for one actor instead a big difference. 

It's so disconcerting!!

Hi everyone, just finished the drama). I should say it was real fun to follow, although

Spoiler

the way they finished the last episode left me with opened mouth:D. There were also some disappointing moments - I was very sad the third couple did not reconciled, Uncle Shu died, Jinpo Prince arc with no real closure (that bad boy!!!). Also I find the wedding scenes and dialog really unnecessary). 

Overall it was great light drama, 24 episodes only, not draggy at all and practically with no fillers. The actors did a very good job, especially Jeremy - IMO he does this kind of roles the best). The good characters are all very likable, and the bad ones are pretty much not that scary at all. I'm totally in love with Jinpo Prince, General A'Wa and Yun Han. The FL's maid seemed to be that "stereotypical annoying maid", but turned out to be a 

Spoiler

soldier and fighter and a  very cool character.

For me this drama is smth arout 8,5/10. Strongly recommended to those who want to watch smth light with a 

Spoiler

happy ending

6 hours ago, ElleSor said:

I started watching this and I couldn't wrap my head around the ML voice!

It's vastly different from the other dramas he starred in recently. 

I'm just going to wait this out and then try to resume when I can.

While I understand the need for dubbing in most CDramas, I would prefer the voice range to be similar for one actor instead a big difference. 

It's so disconcerting!!

Well, the thing is Jeremy in particular is not always overdubbed, so if by recent you mean for example the Autumn Ballad - that's his real voice. He was overdubbed (honestly it was awful) in Chong Zi, and with that I had a lot of fun, since the dubbing guy does a lot of dubbing and while watching I had tones of deja-vu moments:D.  

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2023] Royal Rumours 花琉璃轶闻
On 4/2/2023 at 3:48 AM, leo2020 said:

Reveal hidden contents

soldier and fighter and a  very cool character.

Well, the thing is Jeremy in particular is not always overdubbed, so if by recent you mean for example the Autumn Ballad - that's his real voice. He was overdubbed (honestly it was awful) in Chong Zi, and with that I had a lot of fun, since the dubbing guy does a lot of dubbing and while watching I had tones of deja-vu moments:D.  

Oh, I see.

No wonder I felt that his voice there suited him well!

I'm going to restart watching @leo2020 after your review.

Thanks!!

• Wiggle 1

4 hours ago, ElleSor said:

Oh, I see.

No wonder I felt that his voice there suited him well!

I'm going to restart watching @leo2020 after your review.

Thanks!!

Hope you'll enjoy it. Any plans for 

Spoiler

Till the end of the moon?) 

• Like 1