[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama]Jin Yong Wuxia Universe: The Legend of the Condor Heroes (2023)

a_tumiwa

10 hours ago, Don Yu said:

Yeah looks like it's not this month now. Last day is today

Anyone heard air date rumors?

Jin Yong's 100th birthday is on march 10, to commorate that event, i think at least one adaptation will be broadcast , perhaps LOCH drama, LOCH movie, ROCH drama or ROCH movie? 

just take it with a grain of salt :hwaiting2:

On 2/24/2024 at 8:33 PM, a_tumiwa said:

Tencent WeTV is the official broadcaster, the official release date is not out yet by tencent, so just wait and see. There will always be an english subtitles for big title/drama or at least B-rated. Tencent WeTV usually has around 7-11 languages available in subtitles for A-rated drama.

btw, i think the first part will be "East Evil, West Poison", consists of 8 episodes , which tells the story of Huang Yaoshi and Ouyang Feng. This part is purely spin-off and not even mentioned in novel.

the next 3 parts are mentioned a few paragraphs in novel but also considered a spin-off.

The last part of course about Guo Jing and Huang Rong, the main story. 

and if my predictioin is right, i feel that the second season of Jin Yong wuxia Universe would be Return of the Condor Heroes.

Would love to have a decent remake of the Return of the Condor Heroes. I watched some newer versions, and they were disappointing. At least the Legend of the Condor Heroes has the 2017 version, which I thought was nicely done. 

And regardless of what people say about the 2019 version of the Heavenly Sword... I thought Joseph Zeng did the a decent job, never understood why people were so cruel in their criticism. Those 2 remakes are my favorite remakes so far. 

I am a Jin Yong fan - even read the books, not just watching the drama - and I wish they would remake other works as well and not just this trilogy.  

Happy Jin Yong 100th Birthday week

I just read something on Weibo gives me the impression this will air on March 18th.

My Chinese (reading skills) isn't good, see if you all can also verify, please.

Goodness, they are doing promotions for this TV series, but still we don't even have a  release date.

China is so different than how America operates, SMH

They just say it will be released next week after all is done jeez and all the sudden we have the show airing after announcement of release date. China is STRANGE, to an American Chinese like me!

I gotta say I absolutely prefer how America does it, release date known LONG before it comes out. Before any trailers, and promotions..