[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

OMG, WITH S2, thanks for the hardwork!

When I first watched the drama, I didn't like CR's dark make up and curly ahjumma hair do, but they grow on me, somehow because even with those on, she just looks incredible cute. If it's possible, she looks cuter than when she has the long hair (portrayed as her younger self in the drama).

Okay, I'm curious about the girl TB sent out the money? Who the heck is she?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BeyoutifuLove x

I just watched ep. 10, and I can't exactly put my finger on what was lacking, but this episode was a bit of a let down.

-There wasn't any really witty piece of dialogue, compared to the previous episodes.

-Dalja's boss crumbled way too easily. She presented no "puzzle."

-Taebong's parents are such frustrating people they make me pull my hair whenever they're on screen.

-I can't believe TB's father and DJ's mother were starcrossed lovers. It makes TB and DJ's relationship slightly creepy.

-DJ still hasn't figured out GJ is not the man for her.

-DJ's not so airheaded as to pull electric cords. Is she?? :o

exactly what i was thinking. it really was a let down.

i'm hoping the drama gets even better since this week's

was the halfpoint of the show. i want more TB and DJ

scenes =[ and UGJ is annoying. his OCD bugs me hecka.

he needs to go away soon ^^;;

i guess chae rim's make up and hair wudn't be de main topic we shud discuss rite.. hahaha.. i mean some people like it and some people don't... we shud jus concentrate on wat de drama means to us.. ;)... and it seems to be getting better still.. cant wait for de nxt episodes... :)

Guest lotteworld

Finally finished watching ep10! great episode, love how it's ended too! I wonder where will TaeBong hides... LoL

Anyway, I don't know if anyone posted this though before, but right now I am wondering what if Dalja's mom is in the *similar* situation/story in the past as Dalja is having/suffering right now.

Looks, someone points out, that TaeBong's dad looks/seems younger then Dalja's mom. That made me think what if really, TB's dad is younger then DJ's mom and that is the reason why DJ's mom went off to another man, plus proberly in DJ's mom "era" people will find more hilarious if a couple;a woman is older then a guy for xxx years...., (intro Bibl. said DJ's mom went off to some rich guy? correct me if I am wrong) anyway, so DJ's mom chose the other path, instead of the path that where her *heart* goes... LoL, watching at ep10, seems like DJ's mom still likes TB's dad... (I think...)

So this situation is similar to TB and DJ now... right now DJ is *choosing* which path she should take, either to go to the wealth and car... or go to where DJ's "heart" is going...(from ep10 panel...) Omo omo~ I hope DJ's mom will soon find out that the one DJ really love is TB... So her mom can teaches her not to "follow" her "old path"... but instead choose the one that she really loves...................... sigh** :)

Plus, there is something wrong with Eom Ji Woong too, he is just wanted to be toooooo perfect and exceptionally clean! it is funny to see how he starts wiping everything when TB gave him the drink at DJ's apt!! I really think Eom Ji Woong should go off with his ex-wife, they MATCH perfectly! (since both of these person are having a a little mental problem. Sooooooo DJ can be with TB~~~~~~ SweeT...

dljssprlnge10hdtvxvidsupg1.jpg

Guest babymarzy07

Finally finished watching ep10! great episode, love how it's ended too! I wonder where will TaeBong hides... LoL

Anyway, I don't know if anyone posted this though before, but right now I am wondering what if Dalja's mom is in the *similar* situation/story in the past as Dalja is having/suffering right now.

Looks, someone points out, that TaeBong's dad looks/seems younger then Dalja's mom. That made me think what if really, TB's dad is younger then DJ's mom and that is the reason why DJ's mom went off to another man, plus proberly in DJ's mom "era" people will find more hilarious if a couple;a woman is older then a guy for xxx years...., (intro Bibl. said DJ's mom went off to some rich guy? correct me if I am wrong) anyway, so DJ's mom chose the other path, instead of the path that where her *heart* goes... LoL, watching at ep10, seems like DJ's mom still likes TB's dad... (I think...)

So this situation is similar to TB and DJ now... right now DJ is *choosing* which path she should take, either to go to the wealth and car... or go to where DJ's "heart" is going...(from ep10 panel...) Omo omo~ I hope DJ's mom will soon find out that the one really that DJ really love is TB... So her mom can teaches her not to "follow" her "old path"... but instead choose the one that she really loves...................... sigh** :)

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/8906/dl...tvxvidsupg1.jpg

lotteworld, make mine a third. i have to say that ur observation is very keen and i have to agree from what i have understood thus far. This makes for a very interesting scenario that faces our TB and DJ. I also think that DJ's mom somewhat has regrets about her choice and that she can be a key element in the relationship of TB and DJ or how it will go on... im excited i wanna watch the next eps to find out how it will go on already... im also sad cause we are halfway through already... im not too happy about UGJ there he's like ughhhhh but nothing we can do his character is the conflict too.

Guest june_showers

^haven't watched ep. 10 yet, but that seems to be a very good point, hmm dal ja's life is full of choices and decisions to be made, but then again whose life isn't like that; i guess the interesting thing is seeing where the choice takes us, and how we make that choice.. on a side note, i thought it was really cute how ep. 9 ended, with her sleeping soundly while the rest of the world is confronting a problem.. anyway i just realized how pointless it is to translate ngs because they don't really say anything new or special :sweatingbullets: , the action is the most important i guess, but here it is anyway, it's the first ng clip..not much i guess.. but yep, as a way to thank everyone for the caps and summaries and etc.. asterisked lines are captions and other ones are dialogues..also used a line from translations done by kiki08, so thanks!

*Love needs to be bold and exciting, like in a dream…*

CR: I often hear people around me say I’m a fool in love.

*She who always craves for love*

A: Old single Oh Dal Ja is always craving for love.

CR: Revenge, you think you are the trap of youth, you think you’re Shim Eun Ha?

*33 year old single without much strength!*

A: Aiyeye, love is not smooth, strength isn’t plentiful either.

*But in terms of work, she can be considered to be truly PROFESSIONAL!*

A: But for work, Oh Dal Ja can be considered to be truly professional.

*Feeling it would be popular!* * ’Dal Ja’s NG’, starting now*

A: Predicting it to be popular, let’s enjoy its NG scenes.

It’s the new series for Wednesday and Thursday, right.

Yes.

A very hot series.

* Hot topic: a parody of the movie “In the Mood for Love”*

A: Chae Rim sshi gets prettier and prettier.

Parodied the kiss scene from the movie “In the Mood for Love”.

This scene was a topic of great discussion even before filming.

*Chae Rim and Lee Min Ki’s heated kiss scene*

A: Looks like they’re really kissing.

Every year there’s one of these scenes.

*What Secrets are there behind this scene?*

A: What secrets are there behind this scene?

*Dong!*

*2nd try*

A: It seems strange without the music.

Yes, it’s quite awkward.

*Hat was successfully removed!*

A: Hat was successfully removed.

*But the angle was not right, NG!*

A: Angle was incorrect, NG.

*3rd try*

*Finally ready for the kiss!*

A: Atmosphere is good.

*Through twists and turns, kiss scene is Successful!*

*Love is not successful but a strong sense of Self-Esteem*

CR: Very sorry but I’m not like this because of love.

It’s because of my self-esteem.

*She who is full of pride and self-esteem*

If I truly loved, right, even for one moment, if I had loved, I wouldn’t feel this bad…

What can I do?

*But results in NG*

CR: You flippant, thug, beggar, criminal, scoundrel!!!

*Dal Ja’s curses to Tae Bong*

MK: What?

CR: What you did to me…do you know what you did to me?

*To a defenseless woman…why is like this?*

CR: To a defenseless woman…why is like this?

*2nd try*

CR: What you did to me…do you know what you did to me?

To do something to a drunk and defenseless woman, that is a very bad crime!

*Crossed the first obstacle!*

CR: It’s an especially violent crime…you xxx.

*Am I worse?*

HY: Pants I definitely won’t wear, but I can wear the top to promote the products, is that okay?

*Wee Seon Joo (Lee Hye Young), Dal Ja’s fierce rival*

A: Dal Ja’s fierce rival: Wee Seon Joo played by Lee Hye Young.

*The best infomercial host, Wee Seon Joo*

HY: Hello, I am Wee Seon Joo, today is the New Year’s eve special.

We’ve prepared some very stunning products.

Clothes can represent a person’s personality, style, and even taste.

You can get a glimpse of someone’s inner self.

*Should be continuing naturally, but*

So today…

*It’s NG*

A: So it’s NG.

CR: This is not a simple matter of preference.

*Finally, it’s begun!*

A: Finally, the self-esteem battle of Oh Dal Ja and Wee Seon Joo has begun.

*Oh Dal Ja and Wee Seon Joo’s battle of self-esteem*

A: Who would be the winner of round one?

HY: Necklace has to be pearl, a longer one.

*She who doesn’t want to lose to Dal Ja*

HY: Sigh, don’t remember…

*I lose*

CR: Don’t belittle everything!

*Their multi-dimensional battle*

A: Their multi-dimensional battle.

CR: If you really won’t wear it, then we’ll just have to change the host.

HY: If I’m not there, sales will go down as well.

*Who would be the winner of this battle?*

CR: Your accountability will also go down.

A: The winner of this battle is…?

Looks like she was really hit.

*Dal Ja win!*

A: Dal Ja, wins!

*But the real situation?*

A: If the drama shows Dal Ja winning, then what would the real situation be like?

*Kicked space?*

A: An amusing empty space kick and…

*Chae Rim’s kick results in great laughters*

A: A kick that makes others laugh can only be NG.

CR: Just now you looked like you were going to eat even the pan!

MK: No matter what, I won’t mix up meat and pan.

A: As long as it’s for money, Kang Tae Bong can provide it, actor Lee Min Ki.

*Kang Tae Bong (Lee Min Ki), As long as it’s for money, love can be provided!*

Let’s have a drink!

*Tae Bong, seem to want to eat even the pan*

Tae Bong who appears like he wants to eat even the pan.

*Hurried*

Let’s have a drink first.

*Ah! It’s hot*

*Rolling, rolling*

*Eating is not easy*

A: First practice using chopsticks.

*When talking while eating, it will always result in this look!*

MK: In order to take on the next job, I’m resting for a bit now.

Ah that…

HJ: You’re late!

Guest Dahee Fanel

Huh. Guess I'm the only one here who likes UKJ. :sweatingbullets: I wasn't all that fond of him before, but once they started showing his "cute" and more "human" side, I started really liking him. Everyone has their little quirks, after all. I was laughing soooo hard when he started cleaning his apartment with that "soothe your anger" music on...LOL. And when he'd ask his secretary if it had been obvious that he'd been waiting for Dal-ja, or whether he'd forced the date on her badly...hehehe. I thought that was really cute.

My heart is firmly with TB, however. God, I love him. And he just keeps getting better and better, although I'm a little disappointed that he's turned out to be so conveniently smart and "perfect". The only saving grace for him, I think, is that he has chosen the path away from all that wealth and prestige...He's looking for something a little deeper than what that society can give him. Dal-ja, in her materialist naivete, hasn't realized yet that wealth doesn't really do anything for you in the long run...but TB can definitely show her this. :)

P.S. Is it just me, or does this drama really remind anyone else of What's Up Fox? The same themes of happiness, the same age for the leading character, the same older woman-younger man relationship...But these dramas are approaching these topics very differently, so it's fun to watch. I do think that the writer for WUF did a superior job, but...Let's see where this writer will lead things. (Although I was very turned off by the sudden parent love story...How typically drama-esque.)

Guest lotteworld

Yes, that remind me of What'sup fox too! Eventhought the show has ended now, but I remember while Park Ju Soo was talking to the doctor, somehow the doctor asked him something, and PJS answered "I am not the one who will lift her up when she fell down. However, I will be the one who is going to teach her how to stand back up herself..." (something like that) Anyway, this is one of my favourite quotes of all!! Really touching too...

So now TB is teaching DJ how to become more of a having *personality* type of person... Don't really know how to say this in word, but I do think the relationship between TB and DJ is similar to the idea that was held in What'sup fox.

Guest cafeaulait

I only watched a few episodes of What's Up Fox, but one difference I appreciate is that Dalja and Taebong aren't quasi brother and sister. They're friendly, but they met as adults and have only known each other for a month. Perhaps because of that I sense keener sexual tension between DJ and TB than the couple in WUF.

What I do like about both dramas is that the girl doesn't fall for the typical Prince Charming. I hope this trend continues. :)

Guest .Cherry.

My gosh, I LOVE this drama so far, LOL, it's to great. Sorry, I just had to say that, haha. ^___^ This forum is organized very well too. :D *yay for Min Ki and Chae Rim!!* Can't wait to see what the coming episode is going to be about! *woot*

cutiepie, LOL, I knew there was something different with Dal Ja's Apt!!! And it's so obvious when you think about it, lol, thanks for pointing that out.

Well I guess I like now that they have shown UKJ's more human side instead of reducing him to an ordinary brooding prince charming type. But I just cannot see the chemistry between UKJ and DJ, or perhaps CR and LHW, but that's not the point. The point is, it is hard to work anything there without any chemistry together.

Guest cafeaulait

cutiepie:

OMG THE DOOR. The more I look at it, the more I feel like I'm going crazy. What were the PDs thinking?

what was written on the door??? whose door is it?

It says, "I'll kill you, you husband-stealing evil b

itch

." And it appears to be "one" of Dalja's doors.

havent written here for a long time already... wow the thread seriously grew fast :)

it's great to know more enjoyed this drama...

and for DJ's hair and makeup, ive said this for the nth time, it was intentionally made that way.. sure you might find it annoying at first, since ChaeRim has never worn such thick makeup before, but as you go along with the episodes, you'll get used to it too. i dont find her hair or makeup or nails that disturbing.. i even love how she ties them up. and her clothes are fab!

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/2523/vi...e2ab1741my1.jpg

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/8391/vi...e2ab318bxi0.jpg

OMG the door!! i didnt notice it at all! thanks to the observant people... now it made me wonder why those PDs would make such and OBVIOUS mistake!!

ive just finished watching ep10.. and yes, KiJeong is starting to irritate me as well! his obessesive compulsion is freaking me out! it's getting way too over him.. he even needs to turn the russian doll around, when it's not even his home?? aahh..

i also laughed when the ex-wife gave the apple pie and said ill give a sagwa for a sagwa.. lol. when she sang, i was like weeh?? it's was so off league..

i agree with the one who said that KiJeong and his wife should really get back together since both of them have MENTAL PROBLEMS!

more mysteries were revealed in ep10.. now we know there was something in the past b/w TB's father and DJ's mom which i think will complicate things in the end.. maybe something in that past had reasons as to why DJ's mom was cold or unsure of TB at first.. i just wish that DJ's mom and grandma would still treat him nicely and approve of him after they know who his father is....

i was so happy to see the bus scene... it was soooo sweet!! and DJ looked touched as well :) she just stared at TB before getting on the bus, and although i dont know what she was saying on her mind, i know she realizes how much TB cares for her. the dream was funny too. now DJ's dreaming of TB too? :) :) :)

so what did DJ pull? it was the electric chord taped on the floor? lol she didnt know it was a chord?

i actually cried for the boss, she just showed this strong will to everyone that she had a hard time showing the soft side. she even locked in the bathroom just to talk to her son. she doesnt want anyone to know, unfortunately sunjoo heard her. i was so touched when DJ and SJ announced to everyone about her son's surgery. when everyone was asking her to go, she was crumbling with tears but tried to fight back and still look strong. i cried at that scene too..

so now ive cried three times on the drama.. first was when DJ's coworkers wrote letters with balloons before she left the team. second was when SJ was opening up to DJ.

this drama has so much depth and emotion... and i love how the drama doesnt focus on one story only... you see the interaction of all characters, one scene you see DJ and TB, the next SJ and SD, the next DJ and SD or even SJ and DJ's boss! :)

thank you so much for all the spot translations! and WITHS2 for another great sub!

Guest javabeans

Ah, caught up finally! Another great pair of episodes.

I'm not a huge fan of Mr. "Perfect" Eom Ki Joong, but I have to admit they made me laugh with his character this week. In the beginning of Ep. 9, when he asks Dal Ja to the musical, he does so very smoothly. But, as he walks away he asks his secretary, "Was it very obvious that I was waiting for her? Was I too forceful?" Later, he confirms their date and asks if she has time to have dinner with him beforehand, but Dal Ja says no, she'll meet him there. As Eom Ki Joong walks away, he asks his secretary, "Should I not have asked about the dinner part?" It was cute to see him display uncertainty.

Although I've read the comment here that Tae Bong is too typical and perfect, I'll disagree, at least with the typical part. He is rather charming, but I actually find his character refreshing and different in his honesty. Frequently, these kdramas are dragged out much longer than need be: Sometimes, the two leads simply don't communicate, or misunderstand, or repress their feelings. Sometimes it's because there is not enough conflict to keep the leads apart until they inevitably come together (my big complaint with Lovers). Sometimes it makes me want to claw my eyes out. But Tae Bong flips that expectation on its head every time, which is awesome. Someone mentioned that in the beginning of ep 8, when Tae Bong witnesses Eom Ki Joong confessing his feelings for Dal Ja, normally the typical Korean male lead would walk away, wounded and nursing his injury (and that misunderstanding would keep the leads apart for a good episode or two). But instead, TB calmly walks in and asserts his intentions. In episodes 9 and 10, he's completely honest about his feelings for Dal Ja and is just waiting for her to admit them. But what impressed me even more was, when Eom Ki Joong asks if Dal Ja feels the same way for Tae Bong, TB is honest when he says she hasn't decided yet. He isn't weakened by admitting he hasn't succeeded in winning her over yet.

I quite liked this exchange in Episode 9, when TB first comes to Dal Ja's apartment and returns the money. He moved out of his place to get the deposit to pay Dal Ja back. But Dal Ja refuses the money, telling him to use it to find a new place. That upsets Tae Bong:

"If you do that, we can't start properly! If I take that $3,000 back, whatever I say will only ever amount to $3,000, and whatever actions I take will only be as much as $3,000. Whatever I do, our relationship will always just come to $3,000's worth. Don't you understand what I'm saying?"

As for Episode 10, I do enjoy that this series isn't just about Dal Ja's love life. (By the way, someone was asking what nickname was given to Dal Ja's boss. It's "Gargamel," as in the villain from "The Smurfs." That makes me giggle.) In any case, the plot line with the boss wasn't terribly exciting, but it had its nice humanizing moments. It could have been a lame, predictable story, but they made it work by giving a glimpse into why the boss is so mean. In the beginning of the episode, the boss scolds Go Soon Ae (Mrs. Go, Dal Ja's unni) for being late, even though her daughter was sick with an extremely high fever and had to go to the hospital. She tells Mrs. Go quite coldly that family and work are to be kept apart, and not to use it as an excuse. At the end of the episode, after Dal Ja trips the boss accidentally, the boss explains that all her life, she's kept family and work apart. And because she's repressed that so long, it finally burst like it did today. So that's why she insists that her employees keep their personal lives and work separate. It's not merely that she's being mean; she's actually cautioning them against greater problems that might arise if people confuse the two issues. It may be misguided logic on the boss's part, but it does explain a lot more about her character, in a subtle way.

I love the crazy wife. She's so awesomely loopy. When she started singing, it was just a little weird, but then she kept going, and going, and going... and changing the lyrics from the original to be about her own life ("When I had him, I didn't understand him..." "We stamped our divorce papers...." "Please don't make him lonely...")... I couldn't stop laughing. I love how she plays that character quietly, rather than over-the-top and outrageously crazy.

The "rules" between Dal Ja and Tae Bong in her apartment seemed fairly straightforward (keep the toilet seat down, don't put your toothbrush in my cup), until Dal Ja's explanation made it a little more thoughtful: "We didn't say it aloud, but we both knew. Our relationship may have done away with the contract, but just as before, there were still conditions we imposed to keep each other from coming too close."

And I can see the reason for discomfort with the implied romance between Dal Ja's mom and Tae Bong's dad, but I don't think the series will turn it into something uncomfortable. It doesn't seem to fit the tone. I just think that, like someone already said, it will help Tae Bong's father accept his decision, and bring his father around because he doesn't want his son to live with the same regrets that he has. So if his son can be happy making the right choice, then perhaps both father and son can live contentedly.

That's all for now. Thanks for all the translations and uploads that keep this thread so interesting! :D

Archived