[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest suzziee

^LOL the door! and speaking of doors, I JUST caught another spoof. If you look carefully at Dalja's apartment door, it's actually controlled by those numeric keypad locks (as is usual in Korea) but in episode 10, Dalja demands that TaeBong returns her the keys to the apartment and that he is to wait for her if she's late getting off work etc... when actually, he could've just gotten the code and gotten himself in. AND best of all, I don't think keys are even used with those kind of locks anymore, unless the keypad fails... :P

Since the whole series seems to revolve around the concept of keys (Taebong and Dalja, Dalja's mom and halmonee getting access into her house with THEIR keys), maybe they should really think about changing the type of lock. wahahaa.. :D

yah.... DJ's doors are all messed uP! rofl :) maybe the front door (number coded lock) was the one spray painted and she doesnt use it anymore.. now she used the backdoor (and keys?)

lol the PDs havent taken much notice on DJ's door :P

yah.... DJ's doors are all messed uP! rofl :) maybe the front door (number coded lock) was the one spray painted and she doesnt use it anymore.. now she used the backdoor (and keys?)

lol the PDs havent taken much notice on DJ's door :P

hehe...if there was actually 2 doors leading into DJ's apartment, TB and DJ wouldn't be in the situation they are at the end of EP 10...

Just how many doors have been used for Dal Ja's apartment? The one where TB had to wait beside in EP 10 doesn't have the peephole (?) I think that he looked through at the beginning of the episode when he wanted to check whether UKJ had left.

waah creidesca thinking about it now... i totally forgot about their problem in ep10! hrm... it's so funny that they made this OBVIOUS mistake lol :)

Guest babymarzy07

oh yeah.. $3,000? how much won is that im wondering for a security deposit? 3,000,000 million won? im not sure if from my understand of the conversion from dollar to won if its right. Must be a big amount for TB to return to DJ for the contract thing. funny about the door thing. i never realized hahhaha i wonder if other ppl noticed that? maybe they would put in the ngs next week hahhaa

you guys, I was reading YA Entertainment's February '07 Newsletter, and one of the questions asked that was answered dealt with how YA chooses which drama they'd release. They make note of each request and when a particular drama gets a certain amount of requests, YA would make effort to obtain the licence rights to the drama. If we'd like to see Dal Ja's Spring on DVD w/ e-subs from YA, we should all start making requests to YA here: http://www.yaentertainment.com/about.html

----

another gif, credits to min ki's cafe:

47121694yd7.gif

creidesca, would we have to wait for it to finish airing before we request it? :sweatingbullets:

I was thinking that too...but it's best to slowly start requesting, because we don't exactly know just the # of requests that is required for them to even lift a finger in trying to get the license for the drama. Since the drama is already 1/2way over, this looks like a good time. It's so sad to see that not many ppl even buying the OST at yesasia (based on their top 100 music bought/purchased). If you've already made your purchase either at yesasia or some other outlet, kudos to you!

I've made my order, but I won't be getting it anytime soon thanks to the release date for the movie "War of the Flowers" being pushed back all the way till end of Feb =(

Guest n5y17cgirl

some more re-ups:

Episodes 9 & 10 in sendspace

[LQ] original version (re: no subs)

Episode 9

Episode 10

*to whomever requested re-ups in mediafire, I actually looked into it and tried uploading to that medium. but it was actually taking me longer to upload than through sendspace... also, I think there might be a 100MB limit per file?? in any case, I'll try one more time, but just thought you should know...

Guest cafeaulait
Ah, caught up finally! Another great pair of episodes.

I'm not a huge fan of Mr. "Perfect" Eom Ki Joong, but I have to admit they made me laugh with his character this week. In the beginning of Ep. 9, when he asks Dal Ja to the musical, he does so very smoothly. But, as he walks away he asks his secretary, "Was it very obvious that I was waiting for her? Was I too forceful?" Later, he confirms their date and asks if she has time to have dinner with him beforehand, but Dal Ja says no, she'll meet him there. As Eom Ki Joong walks away, he asks his secretary, "Should I not have asked about the dinner part?" It was cute to see him display uncertainty.

Although I've read the comment here that Tae Bong is too typical and perfect, I'll disagree, at least with the typical part. He is rather charming, but I actually find his character refreshing and different in his honesty. Frequently, these kdramas are dragged out much longer than need be: Sometimes, the two leads simply don't communicate, or misunderstand, or repress their feelings. Sometimes it's because there is not enough conflict to keep the leads apart until they inevitably come together (my big complaint with Lovers). Sometimes it makes me want to claw my eyes out. But Tae Bong flips that expectation on its head every time, which is awesome. Someone mentioned that in the beginning of ep 8, when Tae Bong witnesses Eom Ki Joong confessing his feelings for Dal Ja, normally the typical Korean male lead would walk away, wounded and nursing his injury (and that misunderstanding would keep the leads apart for a good episode or two). But instead, TB calmly walks in and asserts his intentions. In episodes 9 and 10, he's completely honest about his feelings for Dal Ja and is just waiting for her to admit them. But what impressed me even more was, when Eom Ki Joong asks if Dal Ja feels the same way for Tae Bong, TB is honest when he says she hasn't decided yet. He isn't weakened by admitting he hasn't succeeded in winning her over yet.

I quite liked this exchange in Episode 9, when TB first comes to Dal Ja's apartment and returns the money. He moved out of his place to get the deposit to pay Dal Ja back. But Dal Ja refuses the money, telling him to use it to find a new place. That upsets Tae Bong:

"If you do that, we can't start properly! If I take that $3,000 back, whatever I say will only ever amount to $3,000, and whatever actions I take will only be as much as $3,000. Whatever I do, our relationship will always just come to $3,000's worth. Don't you understand what I'm saying?"

As for Episode 10, I do enjoy that this series isn't just about Dal Ja's love life. (By the way, someone was asking what nickname was given to Dal Ja's boss. It's "Gargamel," as in the villain from "The Smurfs." That makes me giggle.) In any case, the plot line with the boss wasn't terribly exciting, but it had its nice humanizing moments. It could have been a lame, predictable story, but they made it work by giving a glimpse into why the boss is so mean. In the beginning of the episode, the boss scolds Go Soon Ae (Mrs. Go, Dal Ja's unni) for being late, even though her daughter was sick with an extremely high fever and had to go to the hospital. She tells Mrs. Go quite coldly that family and work are to be kept apart, and not to use it as an excuse. At the end of the episode, after Dal Ja trips the boss accidentally, the boss explains that all her life, she's kept family and work apart. And because she's repressed that so long, it finally burst like it did today. So that's why she insists that her employees keep their personal lives and work separate. It's not merely that she's being mean; she's actually cautioning them against greater problems that might arise if people confuse the two issues. It may be misguided logic on the boss's part, but it does explain a lot more about her character, in a subtle way.

I love the crazy wife. She's so awesomely loopy. When she started singing, it was just a little weird, but then she kept going, and going, and going... and changing the lyrics from the original to be about her own life ("When I had him, I didn't understand him..." "We stamped our divorce papers...." "Please don't make him lonely...")... I couldn't stop laughing. I love how she plays that character quietly, rather than over-the-top and outrageously crazy.

The "rules" between Dal Ja and Tae Bong in her apartment seemed fairly straightforward (keep the toilet seat down, don't put your toothbrush in my cup), until Dal Ja's explanation made it a little more thoughtful: "We didn't say it aloud, but we both knew. Our relationship may have done away with the contract, but just as before, there were still conditions we imposed to keep each other from coming too close."

And I can see the reason for discomfort with the implied romance between Dal Ja's mom and Tae Bong's dad, but I don't think the series will turn it into something uncomfortable. It doesn't seem to fit the tone. I just think that, like someone already said, it will help Tae Bong's father accept his decision, and bring his father around because he doesn't want his son to live with the same regrets that he has. So if his son can be happy making the right choice, then perhaps both father and son can live contentedly.

That's all for now. Thanks for all the translations and uploads that keep this thread so interesting! :D

Wow, these are all great points.

You hit the nail on the head about this drama being about more than DJ+TB's romance. I love the interaction w/the friends and family, the reflections on getting older, and the challenges DJ faces at work (and not because some evil rival is sabotaging her papers). The story, disguised as a typical romance drama, actually focuses on DJ finding out how she wants to live her life and developing better relationships w/the people around her.

Also, it's so refreshing that neither TB nor DJ agonize over those misunderstandings that in other dramas seem to be devised purely to drag out episodes. DJ has the guts to say she missed TB, and later, to tell him straight up about her concerns about dating him. TB knows what he wants, asserts what he wants openly, and doesn't shy away from telling DJ the truth even if it hurts. SD and SJ are also very frank w/people, even if SJ kept her affections for SD hidden until now. Thanks to that, we have time for real plot (and are struck w/fewer urges to strangle the writers).

---

If this question isn't appropriate for the thread, I'll remove it...

What extra stuff you have to install on your PC before playing the HQ avi files? I don't get any sound on Windows Media Player. Is there some DivX codec I need or just a different media playing program?

---

binaa2: Thank you, that really helps!

Re: DJ's indecisiveness,

I was also frustrated with her, but I think it was hard for her to give up because she thought GJ was her "Man of Destiny" and had already started investing her feelings in him when she found out he was married. He was also separated from his wife for two years and trying to get a divorce, so that took off some of the moral stigma.

Guest simply_dream

I NOTICED IT TOO!!! thank goodness someone pointed out, because it bothered me too... i bet it's a whole huge thing in korea too XD... well for sure the first one is a set... they probably didnt want to ruin the door that was actually real, and the second 1 is definitely real... aigoo i sorta feel bad now LOL like the story doesnt follow XD and with the whole KEY ISSUE that somebody mentioned too XD BUT HEY! the plot needed it, so might as well go with it

Edit:

To be on topic. I (thanks to the subbers) have now watched up to ep 5. I have to say that i start to dislike Dal Ja's character a bit now.

Mainly cause of her indecisivness(sp?) about the whole adultery history.

hmm i see ur point but well i mean i have watched a lot of drama where the main character richard simmons me off and i sometimes wonder why she is SO stupid to make it all DRAGGY and crap, but i dont know, for this show... it's different, i actually enjoy watching it since i feel like i am not being so pissed off, oh except for that evil um ki joong wife thing *not even the evil boss bothers me because... well she just put work on dalja, it's not like she's slapping her around =P*, but other than that i dont hafta get all excited about how some character can be so stupid... LOL iono if that make sense but yea

I just finished watching ep 5, and all I have to say is

OMG the ex-wife is a CRAZY .... BEEP....

ahh but i'm really addicted to this drama!!!

i also noticed SeDo's phone and SunJoo's are the same... just different color :) havent really taken note of TB's fone though :)

as for DJ's indecisiveness.. i think it's just right for her to feel that way, since she had firmly established at the back of her mind that KiJeong was the right man for her.. after finding out he was not yet divorced.. the moral issues surrounding it was just something she discarded. she cant seem to understand what was wrong in dating KiJeong. it's good TaeBong is there to guide DalJa and advice her.. and now she's falling for TaeBong..

i think the drama is not draggy at all. unlike other dramas where romance starts to unravel at episodes 12 or 13 and that's for a 16-episode drama.. in this drama, it just gave the viewers what they wanted. more DalJa and TaeBong! :)

btw, what time is power videos NGs???

Guest javabeans

Did anyone else notice this in Episode 9? When Seon Joo calls Sae Do after missing their date at the musical, we get to see that Sae Do has her number programmed in his phone as "거절" -- which means "rejection." (At first I thought it might be asking him if he wanted to reject the call, but his phone isn't open yet.)

djphoneqd1.jpg

EDIT: ovette, actually I just assumed Sae Do was commenting on how he was always rejected by her. But then I noticed that the top part says I [heart] Seon Joo, so maybe I assumed wrong. But my initial reaction thought it was funny b/c it means he's a glutton for punishment (which he totally is).

Guest cafeaulait
Did anyone else notice this in Episode 9? When Seon Joo calls Sae Do after missing their date at the musical, we get to see that Sae Do has her number programmed in his phone as "거절" -- which is the Korean word for "rejection." HA! (At first I thought it might be asking him if he wanted to reject the call, but his phone isn't open yet. And Eom Ki Joong's phone shows Dal Ja's name written normally.)

It also says "I [Heart] Sunjoo" above the phone number. Is that Sedo's default screen? (edit: I should have read the updated version of this thread before posting)

Incidentally, Taebong's phone name for Dalja is "Oh Dalja Yusa" (Madam/Mistress Oh Dalja). :P

Guest javabeans

Does anyone know what this sequence was parodying in Episode 10? I've understood the spoofs so far, but I'm not sure of this one. Looks vaguely Chinese from the style of dress, but the deliberately-bad voiceover could be an old Korean thing too. In any case, it was cute:

bscap0006sh1.jpg

"You didn't know I was this kind of person, did you? I have the things you want in a man: the skills, the looks, and the foreign car."

bscap0007bq6.jpg

"Oh my, I had no idea! And all this time I just thought you were a flighty, frivolous wanderer!"

Archived