[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reposting from Chae Rim's thread, translations of articles 2 and 3 from previous page, credits to CindyW888:

[KBS Drama Zone News] Chae Rim feels more comfortable to be a performer than a star

121905fe5.jpg

After two years, Chae Rim appears in front of the news media with a distinguished bright image. With curly hair style and somewhat rich make-up, she would like to “present an unforgettable performance” this time.

121916wy9.jpg

In this drama, her role Dal Ja is a lovely character who is bright as well as a little bit sad. Although Dal Ja is a woman in her 30s, she dreams to have romance belonged to people in 20s. So far, she has selected bright characters in her previous dramas, and she chooses this bright character again to give people and herself laughs.

She has matured with more experience as time goes by. She aspires to be a comfortable performer instead of a big star.

We anticipate seeing her bright performance on 1/3/2007 when the first episode of this drama is scheduled to be broadcasted.

Source: http://www.kbs.co.kr/dmz/news/1430967_14820.html

=====

[KBS Drama Zone News] The Press Conference of “Oh Dal Ja’s Spring” led by Chae Rim and Lee Min Gi

121901em3.jpg

The press conference of the new drama “Oh Dal Ja’s Spring” scheduled to be aired on 1/3/2007 is held at the 63rd building on 12/19. Many news media attend this event in which five-minute highlight of this drama is shown.

1219011gx1.jpg

“Oh Dal Ja’s Spring” is a romance-comedy drama centering around the job and love of a 33-year-old spinster. On the “job” part, different from other dramas, the PD Lee Jae Sang intends to show the funny side of it and to make viewers feel sympathetic at the same time.

1219_02.jpg

Especially, Chae Rim, who comes back to TV drama after two years since her previous one, selects this drama because “Dal Ja is a character who is in her 30s but dreams and fantasizes loves of people in 20s, and we see this kind of people frequently around us.”

PD Lee Jae Sang points out that he would discover the difference between inside and outside of both strange and normal people appeared in this drama.

All of the production crew, actors, and actresses believe that this “entertaining” drama is expected to look bright in the beginning of next year.

source: http://www.kbs.co.kr/dmz/news/1430966_14820.html

------------

Guest *sayuri*

+Thanks everyone that contribute to the updates and etc.......I'm happy that this drama is 24 episodes long .......:D All the press confrence pictures are very beautiful.....:D I can't wait for the drama to come out.....:P

Count Down Continue:

14 more days till "THE DAY"!!!..... :w00t:

Guest cutiepie

big thanks to CindyW88, creidesca, purpletiger86, nat and shanmei for all the new goodies!! i need to go download the videos now :)

larger pics, click on thumbnails

20061220103935042563xt9.th.jpg 20061220103935068919qe1.th.jpg 20061220104500083306te6.th.jpg 20061220103935029226uu5.th.jpg

20061220103935059453ok3.th.jpg 20061220104500058146ac4.th.jpg 20061220104500068377ip4.th.jpg 20061220103935108252vp5.th.jpg

20061220105227097530ry3.th.jpg 20061220105227088829pu2.th.jpg 20061220104500021213dc0.th.jpg 20061220104500076553xs3.th.jpg

credits: photodaily

Hi ovette, Cindy, cutiepie, everyone :)

Modern Love

DECEMBER 21, 2006 06:54

2006122158968qm5.jpg

I interviewed Chae Rim (picture), who is returning to TV after her divorce from singer Lee Seung-hwan in March, at the new drama press conference held at 63 City on December 19.

"How will I write my white paper on love? Well, it will be like you have different love with different partners."

Thus Chae Rim summed up her view of love. She is going to play the heroine of "Dal-ja's Springtime," a KBS2 new drama about "a thirty three year old woman's white paper on modern love" to be aired at 9:55 p.m. on Wednesdays and Thursdays starting from January 3. Oh Dal-ja, her character in the drama, is a single woman in 30s who falls for Kang Tae-bong (Lee Min-ki), a younger man she met through a love contract.

As for her character looking for a man through a love agency with 3 million won, Chae Rim said, "There will be a debate, but it is already happening in reality." Dal-ja, a home shopping channel MD, has to choose between Eom Ki-jung (Lee Hyun-woo), a marriage candidate with wealth and status, and Tae-bong, a young and energetic man.

"I think there is no unforgivable love. Love doesn’t come as you will."

This is her first time playing a woman in 30s. With her cute girl image, she has played a character younger than she is. When I said she looks changed, she answered, "I tried to look different with thick make-up to express Dal-ja's personality and character."

I asked if she is concerned that people may be tired of another drama about a woman in 30s made after the success of MBC's "My Name Is Kim Sam-soon" and "What Are You Doing, Fox?"

"Their big frames may be similar, but this is a new drama with different actors and directing. I am different from Kim Seon-a. If Sam-soon is friendly, Dal-ja is girly even in her 30s," said she.

Chae Rim also starred in dramas made in China and Taiwan beginning with "Love of the Aegean Sea (Ching Ding Ai Chin Hai)" in 2003. Although she has not been on TV in Korea since KBS2's "Oh! Victory Bong Soon-yeong” in 2004, she played the heroine of "Secret Legend of Kang Xi’s Dynasty (Kang Cao Bi Shi)" this year.

"A Chinese newspaper put me on the list of most popular Chinese actresses. Local fans seem to like me as one of their own actors, not as a Hallyu star."

Chae Rim added, "I like working both in China and Korea. I want to be a friendly actor, not a foreign star, to Chinese people."

She was smiling throughout the interview but lost her smile when asked about her divorce.

"I know people want to know what happened, but I’m not ready to talk about it yet. I'm doing fine. I just hope people watch my new drama with a good will."

Source: The Dong-A Ilbo

http://english.donga.com/srv/service.php3?...d=2006122158968

Guest vivjelly

Thank you rubie for the article!!

After seeing the scenes from the clip creidesca provided, I love her character already!! And gosh, CR's character is so aggressive in here, especially the kiss :lol:

a longer clip of the press conference, credits to YTNstar & empas:

empas link:

http://nv.empas.com/ys/2006/12/20/200612201708042961.wmv

or

YTNstar link:

http://vod2.ytn.co.kr/ytnstar/general/mov/...708042961_s.wmv

(2 diff links for the same clip)

has scenes from the drama we've never seen before!!!

----

seeing those scenes...I can't wait for Jan 3rd!

a BIG Thank you )))), creidesca! Oh My, I'm so excited with soooo much goodies & buzz from this drama :P I'd to steal time to pop in during office hours everyday as can't wait to see all these fantastic pics, news, vods.... :lol:Thank you everyone....shanmei. cindy, nat once again :) & Thanks rubie too for the article :D

thank you for the news! i really really really hope ChaeRim recovers soon from it.. she's still not ready to talk about it meaning the pain is still there... im really sad for her. it's good that she is trying to overcome it by accepting this new drama.. like how her ex is having a new album.. she must also be happy!

Guest siwen_sally

OMG,lim appeared in the southern grand ceremony tonight!!!

CANNOT believe it !!!!

It seems that Lim get the award of the most popular international star

Hot pics:

1166705753_29_2.jpg

1166705753_29_3.jpg

1166705753_29_4.jpg

1166705753_29_5.jpg

1166705753_29_6.jpg

1166705753_29_7.jpg

1166705753_29_8.jpg

Guest *sayuri*

+Wahhhhh......there are so many info. about the drama ......thanks everyone for the updates and etc......:D

+siwen_sally......thanks for posting up CR's pictures at the "Southern Grand Ceremony" ..... she looks so pretty....:wub:

Count Down Continue:

13 more days till "THE DAY"!!! :w00t:

she looks really stunning on those pictures.. her gown and her style, her hair everything.. and most epsecially her smile :) she deserves to winning an award!

Guest *sayuri*

+Yup, CR looks very elegant and pretty in her grown.......... congratulation to her for winning the award!!!

Count Down Continue:

12 more days till "THE DAY"!!!.........:D

it gets nearer and nearer to the day we've all been waiting for!! ChaeRim ssi AJA!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!

..i wanna thank everyone for all your contributions to this thread!

Guest *sayuri*

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year everyone :)

10 more days to go before the 03Jan07 :D

+Yup.....we almost there .........:D

Count Down Continue:

10 more days till "THE DAY"!!!

BTW, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY 2007 EVERYONE!!!

Guest *sayuri*

+Yay.....we almost there you guys ......only couples more days and we get to see this drama.....:D

Count Down Continue:

9 more days till "THE DAY"!!!..... :w00t:

Archived