* special thanks to the adorable kathleen for this cute banner*

EPISODE 2

Main Translator: kiki08

Spot Translators: ripgal, purpletiger86

Timer: CraZyaH

Editor/QC: SeReNiTy, victory

Final QC: ay_link

Coordinators: mily2, ay_link

I can watch EP2 now , thank you kiki08,ripgal, purpletiger86,CraZyaH,SeReNiTy, victory,ay_link and mily2.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest badhairday

OMG, thanks for the epi. 2 subs. Also, thanks for the romanization of the sweet lover song.

I'm also one of the hopefuls that TB and DJ will end up together. She's been thru too much to have a unsatisfactory ending. I just want to see DJ happy!

Guest n5y17cgirl

some clarifications and translations to the message below... *Note: Min-ki is quite playful in the 1st one ;)

credits to minki's cafe...Min Ki's Chae Rim's, Min Ki's manager...autographs and messages (?):

846344192ce.jpg

민기님께서 우리가족들에게 해주신 싸인입니다^^

(p.s : 민기님께서 '무슨글씨인지 알아보겠지?'라고 물으셔서,

제가'모르겠어요ㅜㅜ'라고 했더니..

'내가 한글을 새로 개발했어~'라고 하시면서 웃으셨답니다..

아직도 모르겠다는..ㅜㅜ..여러분들도 맞춰보세요! ^^)

This is Min-ki's autograph to our family.

p.s. Min-ki asked "You know what these letters are, right?"

to which I replied "I don't know..."

Min-ki laughs and says "I've developed a new Korean alphabet."

Fan: I still don't get it..

Fan: See if you (the audience) can figure it out as well!

(still not sure what the scribble part in the middle or upper left corner are... any guesses??)

298809188bw.jpg

'달자의 봄' 같이 촬영중이신 '채림'님 싸인입니다. (채림님, 감사합니다^^)

This is Dal Ja's Spring's co-star Chae Rim's autograph. (Thank you, Chae Rim!)

Chae Rim writes: Min-ki, a true young gentleman... Please show [him] a lot of love.

122783164jz.jpg

민기님 매니져분께서 써주신 메세지입니다. (매니져님, 감사합니다^^)

This is a message from Min-ki's manager. (Thank you, Mr. Manager!)

Message says: Min-ki! Happy birthday and always be healthy. P.S. Thank you for the dduk (rice cake) you all sent us. They were delicious (we ate them well).

252796110vf.jpg

'달자의 봄' 진행부를 대표해 스텝분께서 써주신 메세지입니다. (감사합니다^^)

This message is from Jin Haeng-bu representing/on behalf of the whole "Dal Ja's Spring" staff. (Thank you!)

Message says: Thank you! We'll enjoy eating [the rice cake].

translations courtesy of n5y17cgirl

Guest javabeans

Just gotta speak up for how much I'm enjoying this series. At first I thought it was going to be your typical love-contract kdrama which we've seen so much of recently (albeit a really well-done one), but it's definitely become a surprising treat. Every time I think I know where something's going, they manage to change it up a little.

I don't want to be too quick to make the Kim Sam Soon comparison, because I feel like this drama is (or will be) getting a lot of that comparison and that belittles the uniqueness of these characters and plot. BUT, I think the character of Oh Dalja is a version of Bridget Jones... but on a bit of a deeper level than Sam Soon. I loved MNIKSS so it's not a swipe at that drama, just that the Sam Soon-Bridget comparison seemed to be limited mostly to age, weight, and marriageability. Whereas Dalja is much more thoughtful... Sam Soon had some profound insights too, but her character was more simple -- she was just trying to figure out how to be happy in this world that valued her differently than the "ideal" woman, and live each day happily.

I guess I would describe Dalja as Bridget Jones in an existential crisis.

I'm not in my 30s yet, but I find myself relating a LOT to her character... how she was kind of recklessly careening through her 20s, making mistakes left and right and learning everything the hard way. And now that she's an adult, her approach is different. I think it's also different in that it shows that someone can make really big discoveries and realizations well into adulthood; it's not like we just magically learn everything at once.

Like some people here, I would also really be fine with Dalja ending up alone (her version of the infamous Kelly Taylor "I choose me!" moment), but I also agree with someone (was it Jo?) who said that because Dalja spent all her life alone, and is experiencing love and heartbreak for the first time, I doubt the series would end with her being alone. Plus, she and Minki have waaaay too much chemistry not to go there. Come on!

Oh, and I have to say I love the crazy lawyer's wife (as a character, not as a person). If she was a little saner, she'd be really annoying, but since she's so batsh*t insane she's hysterically entertaining. :D

made some very minor dorrections from serenity's romanization :) thanks super serenity for your HUGE EFFORT!

2. Sweet Lover - 박혜경 (Park Hye Kyung)

참 보고 싶은걸

Cham Bo Ko Ship Eun Keol

자꾸 생각이 나는 걸

Ja Kkoo Seng Kak Ee Na Neun Keol

순진하게 웃던 너의 모습이

Soon Jin Ha Keh Woot Deon Neo Eui Mo Seub Ee

매일 내 맘에 놀러와

Mae Il Nae Mam Eh Nol Reo Wa

그럴때면 웃음짓곤 하지

Keu Reol Ttae Myun Woot Eum Jit Kon Ha Ji

가슴떨린 설레임

Ka Seum Ddeol Rin Seol Reh Im

따사로운 햇살

Dda Sa Ro Woon Hes Sal

얼음같은 내 마음

Eol Eum Kat Eun Nae Ma Eum

살짝 녹여주는 것 같아

Sal Jjak Nok Yeo Joo Neun Keot Kat Ah

Oh~ Sweet Sweet Sweet my Lover

나를 기억해 줘 Oh~

Na Reul Ki Eok Hae Jwo Oh~

저 하늘 구름

Jeo Ha Neul Koo Reum

달콤한 솜사탕 같은 눈

Dal Kom Han Som Sa Tang Kat Eun Noon

나 사실은 그래서

Na Sa Sil Eun Keu Rae Seo

너의 전화를 기다렸어

Neo Eui Jeon Hwa Reul Ki Da Ryeos Eo

아닌척 해도 숨기려해도

Ah Nin Cheok Hae Do Soom Ki Ryeo Hae Do

니가 자꾸 생각나

Ni Ka Ja Kkoo Seng Kak Na

괜히 자꾸 혼자 웃음짓곤하지

Gwaen Hi Ja Kkoo Hon Ja Woos Eum Jit Kon Ha Ji

가슴떨린 설레임 속엔

Ka Seum Ddeol Rin Seol Re Im Sok En

눈을 감아봐도 다시 떠 올려봐도

Noon Eul Kam Ah Bwa Do Da Si Ddeo Ol Ryeo Bwa Do

자꾸 니 모습만 떠올라

Ja Kkoo Ni Mo Seup Man Ddeo Ol Ra

나 사랑하나봐

Na Sa Rang Ha Na Bwa

이런 내 마음 솔직하게 말할래

Ee Reon Nae Ma Eum Sol Jik Ha Keh Mal Hal Reh

나 고백할래 Baby~

Na Ko Pek Hal Reh Baby~

너를 사랑해

Neo Reul Sa Rang Hae

사랑에 빠져버린

Sa Rang Eh Bba Jyeo Beo Rin

달콤한 나의 심장

Dal Kom Han Na Eui Shim Jang

이런 내마음 받아줘

Ee Reon Nae Ma Eum Pat Ah Jwo

난 너 뿐이야

Nan Neo Ppoon Ee Ya

나 사랑하나봐

Na Sa Rang Ha Na Bwa

이런 내 마음 솔직하게 말할래

Ee Reon Nae Ma Eum Sol Jik Ha Keh Mal Hal Rae

나 사랑하나봐

Na Sa Rang Ha Na Bwa

이런 내 마음 솔직하게 말할래

Ee Reon Nae Ma Eum Sol Jik Ha Keh Mal Hal Rae

i loved reading all your insights! :)

im also a DJ-TB shipper so count me in there! i would really really really love if DJ ends up with TB, their chemistry is so great!! makes my heart throb with every scene that they're together... they make such a cute couple lol :) :) a few more hours til episode 7, kinda sad coz i wont be able to watch the live streaming.. il just have to wait for the uploads...

javabeans i see you're also a fan of the drama.. i see you in FC thread and i really love your reviews, hope to see more of you here in this thread :) it maybe quite similar to Samsoon and Bridget Jones as it deals with the same middle aged woman who loved and was heartbroken.. and left hopeless. but surely dalja's spring has its own element that makes it very unique. as you said, dalja thinks deeply. i agree with you on that. she knows life too much, and she knows situations well and how people are. but sometimes like us, we tend make the same mistakes we are trying to avoid. and for that we learn..

i was sooo touched when DalJa said... "I am 33 years old. Now I learn how to put down my self-esteem grandly." aawwww.....

now we see DalJa moves to a new workplace.. and i really empathize with her coz it's like she's gonna start from scratch again... all those years of hardwork were wasted just because of the 'evil' girl...

creidesca ,aybe you're right. the 'meaningful' pictures might refer to the snow scene where the two will be stuck. the wind blowing to minki.. does that mean DalJa's emotions are shifting from KiJeong to Minki??? hope so!!! and we cant really say DalJa have absolutely NO feelings for TaeBong coz how will she imagine the 'hot' kiss in the first place.. it should mean something, even if it was just her fantasy, it might also mean she was wishing it to come true :) :) :)

BTW, thank you so much WITHS2 for the episode 2 subs! yey!!

Guest badhairday

Thank you creidesca for uploading epi. 2 in HQ at d-addicts. I was waiting for that since I don't get along with clubboxes.

Just gotta speak up for how much I'm enjoying this series. At first I thought it was going to be your typical love-contract kdrama which we've seen so much of recently (albeit a really well-done one), but it's definitely become a surprising treat. Every time I think I know where something's going, they manage to change it up a little.

I don't want to be too quick to make the Kim Sam Soon comparison, because I feel like this drama is (or will be) getting a lot of that comparison and that belittles the uniqueness of these characters and plot. BUT, I think the character of Oh Dalja is a version of Bridget Jones... but on a bit of a deeper level than Sam Soon. I loved MNIKSS so it's not a swipe at that drama, just that the Sam Soon-Bridget comparison seemed to be limited mostly to age, weight, and marriageability. Whereas Dalja is much more thoughtful... Sam Soon had some profound insights too, but her character was more simple -- she was just trying to figure out how to be happy in this world that valued her differently than the "ideal" woman, and live each day happily.

I guess I would describe Dalja as Bridget Jones in an existential crisis.

I'm not in my 30s yet, but I find myself relating a LOT to her character... how she was kind of recklessly careening through her 20s, making mistakes left and right and learning everything the hard way. And now that she's an adult, her approach is different. I think it's also different in that it shows that someone can make really big discoveries and realizations well into adulthood; it's not like we just magically learn everything at once.

Like some people here, I would also really be fine with Dalja ending up alone (her version of the infamous Kelly Taylor "I choose me!" moment), but I also agree with someone (was it Jo?) who said that because Dalja spent all her life alone, and is experiencing love and heartbreak for the first time, I doubt the series would end with her being alone. Plus, she and Minki have waaaay too much chemistry not to go there. Come on!

Oh, and I have to say I love the crazy lawyer's wife (as a character, not as a person). If she was a little saner, she'd be really annoying, but since she's so batsh*t insane she's hysterically entertaining. :D

I agree with you with regards to the differences between this series and MNIKSS. I love MNIKSS.. it's my 3rd fave drama after All About Eve and Dae jang geum. Here's what I feel is the difference between Dal ja and KSS.

I feel that Dal Ja is a teenager trapped in a 33 year old body. There are many things that Dal Ja experiences in her 30's that should have been explored earlier in life. She was so naive in not noticing the hints the producer was dropping for her when she was with him that short period of time...Like most teenagers, she trust guys to easily and gets hurt.... However, with Dal Ja, I feel like I'm being taken on a journey with all her life's experiences... so I feel as if I have a bigger connection with her character than KSS.

Kim Sam Soon's character is a lot more mature... like she's been there and done that sort of thing. I felt that if it was KSS' character in this series, she would of spotted the producers hints in a jiffy and beat the crap out of him.

Although the 2 characters are different, they are so well developed by both actresses. We should appreciate both performances and characters as their own entity.

Chaerim's mom from On the Green Prarie/Fields is her new superior!

hehe, Hwang Jini parody Min Ki actually looks pretty good in his costume...

oh my...TB's mom saw TB and DJ come out of the motel...

I can't wait for tomorrow's episode...preview looks sooo good.

Guest carrey_chan

WAHAHAHAHAHA

mother T-Rex Jurassic Park man!!!

oh man...the encounter with the new boss is SO FUNNY!

sorry i just have to say that i love TB's mum and grandpa so much...hahaha... did you guys notice that TB's mum also dragged the armchair closer to grandpa's table like what he did while he was chained to the chair!! hahaha so cute!

gee TB's got such nifty quick footwork sneaking up behind DJ! haha

arghhhhhhhh he's so sweet to put her hand into his own pocket!!! :):):):):):):):)

Preview summary for EP 8 is up (they haven't included the preview clip yet):

8회 :: 애정결핍이 노처녀에게 미치는 영향

사랑할 시간이 얼마 남지 않았다는 생각에 새삼 서른셋 나이가 버거워지는 오달자, 애인대행 계약기간이 일주일 밖에 남지 않은 시점에 강태봉까지 연락두절이다. 자기도 모르는 사이 태봉을 향한 감정이 자라나고, 그 감정을 들키는 바람에 결국 계약은 파기될 위기에 처하는데…!

from the KBS DMZ site:

달자와 태봉, 모텔방에서의 하룻밤?!

30대 노처녀 달자의 유쾌한 상상과 현실성 있는 이야기로 인기리에 방영중인 KBS수목드라마 <달자의 봄>!

지난 주 방송된 <달자의 봄>에서 달자(채림 분)는 엄기중(이현우 분)의 부인이 회사에 나타나 자살소동을 벌여 가정파괴범으로 몰려 위기에 처한 상황.

0124063qj.jpg

△ <달자의 봄> 달자와 태봉 모텔에서 하룻밤을 보내게 된다는데..!

그리고 오늘 24일 <달자의 봄>7회에서 달자는 급기야 고객사업부로 부서이동을 당하게 된다. 그러나 새 부서에는 악명 높은 팀장이 버티고 있고 달자의 앞날이 결코 순탄하지 않을 것만 같다. 한편, 갑자기 쏟아진 폭설로 옴짝달싹 할 수 없게 된 달자와 태봉(이민기 분)은 모텔에서 하룻밤을 보내게 된다는데...

계약으로 맺어진 달자와 태봉의 관계가 어떻게 발전할지, 그리고 기중과의 관계는 또 어떻게 전개될지, 달자에게 과연 봄이 오긴 할 것인지 시청자들의 관심이 집중되고 있다.

더불어 매 회 등장하는 달자의 깜찍 발랄한 상상씬도 놓치지 말아야 할 시청 포인트!

서른셋 노처녀의 현대연애백서 <달자의 봄>은 매주 수,목 밤 9시 55분 KBS 2TV를 통해 방송된다.

Archived