[Drama 2023] Crash Course in Romance /One Shot Scandal, 일타스캔들

larus

Here are the ratings for Episode 8! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Red Balloon,” “Crash Course In Romance,” And “Three Bold Siblings” Soar To Their Highest Ratings Yet

Three dramas reached new all-time highs in viewership last night!

On February 5, tvN’s “Crash Course in Romance” wrapped up the first half of its run as the most-watched miniseries of Sunday night. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the romantic comedy scored an average nationwide rating of 11.8 percent, marking a new personal record for the show.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1565468wpp/red-balloon-crash-course-in-romance-and-three-bold-siblings-soar-to-their-highest-ratings-yet

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I really don't understand Bang Su-ah and her mother. What the heck is their problem?

So Hae-yi did well on her last set of exams. And they're going to hire a private detective? The heck? What do they even think they're doing? How is this helping Su-ah get into college? Teaching her to become a stalker? So crazy.

• Like 2

So this episode has made it fairly clear that metal ball guy is the assistant as only he knows chiyeol sucks original id owner. So lawyer's son prolly was also a victim of metal ball guy and he is tracking him down. I find nam hae saeng's brother's character quite annoying sometimes prolly because this type of role was written and played so well by oh se jung in its okay to be not okay that you can't forget it.

My biggest concern is hae yi's aunt losing her business and customers due to bad rumors, that's freaking sick. As of su ah and her mom, I mean the way we see abnormal competition and all such kind of societal norms will only nurture pyscbopaths like su a and her mom who would think to get to top they should eliminate competition instead of improving themselves.

I was watching a korean tv show recently, I think it was new episode of you quiz on the block and they had invited 2 star tutors, it's a tvn show and so is this drama so prolly they intentionally invited. Saw the same long queue outside the academy in the video. In any part of world students putting even 50pc of effort these kids are shown doing, would be topping their exams. I dunno why these kids are still not happy with their grades.

• Like 2

One thing I love about this show is that it all began with an act of kindness - Haeng-seon's mom feeding Young Chi-yeol. She showed him love and grace when he badly needed it, and he never forgot it. It's really wonderful.

I am so upset with the SKY moms, especially Su-ah's mom:

12 hours ago, Shimmery-summer said:

My biggest concern is hae yi's aunt losing her business and customers due to bad rumors, that's freaking sick. As of su ah and her mom, I mean the way we see abnormal competition and all such kind of societal norms will only nurture pyscbopaths like su a and her mom who would think to get to top they should eliminate competition instead of improving themselves.

Yes, exactly! Remember that the "all care" class began earlier than originally scheduled all because Su-ah needed to have an advantage over Hae-yi. And when Hae-yi was accepted into the class, too, Su-ah's mom needed to kick her out somehow.

And how that Hae-yi became top student, they hire a private investigator. This is just insanity. Stop spending all that time obsessing over someone else, and maybe study some more?

Seriously, opening other people's bags and stalking them at their home? These are crimes. What kind of example is this mom setting? They all need to be shamed out of town.

• Like 3

One really has to appreciate how Chi yeol is uncomfortable 99% of the time he spends in the Nam household yet they have resolutely adopted him and refuse to let him go (and he secretly loves it)

6bb614e3a56338c1bd1ddeee5c20a0fbf5ee1c2b.gifv

:Megalol:

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 6

Watch: Jeon Do Yeon And Jung Kyung Ho Keep Each Other Laughing With Their Competitive Spirits On Set Of “Crash Course In Romance”

Watch: Jeon Do Yeon And Jung Kyung Ho Keep Each Other Laughing With Their Competitive Spirits On Set Of “Crash Course In Romance”

“Crash Course in Romance” has dropped a making-of clip for Episodes 7 and 8, as well as their special poster shoot!

tvN’s “Crash Course in Romance” is a drama about the unlikely love story between Nam Haeng Sun (Jeon Do Yeon), a former national athlete who now runs her own side dish shop, and Choi Chi Yeol (Jung Kyung Ho), a star instructor in Korea’s elite private education sphere.

The behind-the-scenes video begins with the cast’s heated matches of handball and foot volleyball. After impressing one another with a quick practice, they start properly rehearsing their game scene where Jeon Do Yeon adorably struggles to steal the ball from Jung Kyung Ho. Once she manages a proper steal, she impressively scores a goal with some light threatening of the goalie, making all the crew laugh. After a great take, the cast members excitedly express satisfaction with the scene but the take is unfortunately scrapped due to nearby helicopter sounds.

To perfect her throwing stance, Jeon Do Yeon gets tips from a real handball player. After watching their demonstration, Jeon Do Yeon jokes, “Is it really that different [from what I did]?”

The intense game of foot volleyball ends with Choi Chi Yeol sustaining a wrist injury that Nam Haeng Sun runs over to assess. Although their characters should both be deeply concerned, the two actors struggle to maintain eye contact and straight faces, accidentally bursting into laughter the instant their eyes meet. Between takes of Jeon Do Yeon icing Jung Kyung Ho’s wrist, she kindly helps warm him up with a hot pack.

A later scene focuses on Bae Yoon Kyung’s special appearance as Hye Yeon, who went on a blind date with Choi Chi Yeol. For her unexpected entrance to Choi Chi Yeol’s lab, Jeon Do Yeon proposes ideas that will better illustrate her character’s discomfort and jealousy. While going over their lines, Bae Yoon Kyung flirtatiously tells Choi Chi Yeol that she’ll cry if he doesn’t come to her recital and Jeon Do Yeon hilariously shouts from the side, “Cry!”

The end of the video takes viewers to the set of Jeon Do Yeon and Jung Kyung Ho’s special poster shoot where they’re seated with a huge table of food. Their ideas are endless as they pose in a variety of ways with a variety of dishes and constantly make each other laugh.

Watch the full making-of clip below!

“Crash Course in Romance” airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1565611wpp/watch-jeon-do-yeon-and-jung-kyung-ho-keep-each-other-laughing-with-their-competitive-spirits-on-set-of-crash-course-in-romance

• Like 2

7 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Su-ah needed to have an advantage over Hae-yi.

It's even more interesting that su a was always jealous of hae yi and hating on her even when she was at bottom of class. Which always made me think deep inside she hated hae yi because she has great friends and sun jae, and that she lives a care free life with no abnormal pressure of grades from mom. It's weird she wasn't even jealous of hae yi's female best friend but her since the start. However, it doesn't change that su a has a snakelike behavior where she can't see anyone doing better than her in grades and even in life in general. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Crash Course in Romance: Episodes 7-8

by mistyisles

http://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/CCR0708-00036.jpg

Our superstar math teacher encounters an unexpected problem — namely, “irrational” feelings he can’t easily explain away (though not for lack of trying!). But he might not be the only one trying to solve this particular problem by ignoring it and hoping it’ll just go away.

EPISODES 7-8 WEECAP

Su-ah and her mother are about to catch Chi-yeol arriving for a tutoring session, but Haeng-sun spots them and warns Chi-yeol to make it look like he’s just a customer. He’s a bit heavy-handed with his loud Oh no, looks like the shop is closed, but for now at least it’s convincing enough.

Meanwhile, the tutoring is already starting to pay off. Hae-yi scores at the top of her class on the next mock exam, above even Su-ah. When Haeng-sun calls Chi-yeol with the good news, he feigns nonchalance, but celebrates as soon as she hangs up. Aww.

They throw a party to celebrate, and since there are five of them (counting Chi-yeol and Young-joo), Chi-yeol calls a very confused Dong-hee to join them and even out the teams for a game of foot volleyball. It’s even in numbers only, though — the boys are absolutely terrible at it.

Watching Haeng-sun in her athletic element does things to Chi-yeol. His heart pounds, and he can’t stop staring at her, and it only gets worse when he sprains his wrist and she runs over to take a look and get him an ice pack.

Naturally, this sends Chi-yeol into a bit of a mental crisis. He’s a sensible man, and (he believes) she’s married! Plus, she’s his student’s mother. What’s wrong with his nervous system?? His therapist figures he’s probably just lonely — if he expands his social circle to include more women, he might feel less strongly attached to this particular woman.

So Chi-yeol takes a colleague up on her offer to set him up with her pianist friend. Despite an awkward start, the date goes well enough that they set a second one, and Chi-yeol breathes a sigh of relief that he can enjoy other women’s company.

Except, the second he’s back in Haeng-sun’s presence, the racing heartbeat and romantic music flare up again. He can barely speak to her without stammering, and when she offers to take him to an acupuncturist for his wrist, he finds himself unable to say no.

He assures himself it’s not a date, then proceeds to obsess over what to wear. He underdresses for class that day, then panics and overcorrects with a nice outfit and way too much cologne. The acupuncturist decides to treat a lot more than just the wrist, and the way he and Haeng-sun push Chi-yeol to accept despite Chi-yeol’s obvious discomfort makes me pretty uncomfortable, too, I have to say. But in the end Chi-yeol holds Haeng-sun’s hand to get through it, and though they bicker in the car afterwards, she’s touched that he finally remembers her full name.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/02/crash-course-in-romance-episodes-7-8/

• Like 3

Yi Sang meets Jeon Do-yeon ♥ Jung Kyung-ho... Special appearance in 'One Big Scandal' [Official]

585168_812889_5954.jpg

Actor Lee Sang-i makes a special appearance in 'One Other Scandal'.On the 9th, the agency PLK Good Friends said, "Lee Sang-yi will make a special appearance in the 9th episode of tvN's Saturday and Sunday drama 'One Other Scandal' (script Yang Hee-seung, director Yoo Je-won)."

Lee Sang-i, who announced his appearance in the 9th episode to be broadcast on the 11th, will play an active role as a key player to make the drama more exciting by cooperating with Jeon Do-yeon and Jung Kyung-ho, who are leading the romance development in the play. In particular, it is rumored that Lee Sang-i's special appearance was made even more special by the relationship between producer Yoo Jae-won, who he met in 'Seaside Village Cha Cha-cha', and writer Yang Hee-seung, who worked together on 'I've Been There Once'.

Lee Sang-i's charming face where good and evil coexist as well as high character with stable acting skills through 'Seaside Village Cha Cha-cha', 'Youth in May', 'I've been there once', 'When the Camellia Blooms', and 'Special Labor Inspector Jo Jang-pung' Showing a synchro rate, he is imprinting a new charm to the public in each work he appears in.

In addition, Lee Sang-i is meeting with the audience as a promising playwright and poet 'Will Shakespeare' in the recently opened play 'Shakespeare in Love', as well as the Netflix series 'Hounds' and Disney Plus 'Han River', which are about to be released this year. etc., and will continue to carry out various activities on the 10th. 'One Hit Scandal' airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9:10 PM.

https://www.spotvnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=585168

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Noh Yoon Seo, Lee Chae Min, And Lee Min Jae’s Love Triangle Deepens In “Crash Course In Romance”

Noh Yoon Seo, Lee Chae Min, And Lee Min Jae’s Love Triangle Deepens In “Crash Course In Romance”

The love triangle between Noh Yoon Seo, Lee Chae Min, and Lee Min Jae in “Crash Course in Romance” is heating up!

“Crash Course in Romance” is a drama about the unlikely love story between Nam Haeng Sun (Jeon Do Yeon), a former national athlete who now runs her own side dish shop, and Choi Chi Yeol (Jung Kyung Ho), a star instructor in Korea’s elite private education sphere.

Spoilers

In addition to the romance story between Nam Haeng Sun and Choi Chi Yeol, another point of interest in the drama has been the love triangle between the three students, with Sun Jae (Lee Chae Min) and Gun Hoo (Lee Min Jae) taking different approaches regarding their growing feelings toward Nam Hae Yi (Noh Yoon Seo).

Previously, Sun Jae covered for Hae Yi by lying to Soo Ah (Kang Na Eon) about the teaching materials Hae Yi possessed and successfully persuaded his mom Seo Jin (Jang Young Nam) from dropping the issue as well. Meanwhile, Gun Hoo wanted to be cared for by Hae Yi, asking her to help him study and trying to gain her attention rather than explicitly showcase his feelings for her. Both Sun Jae and Gun Hoo realized that the other has feelings for Hae Yi.

The newly released stills preview unexpected tension in the air between the three. Usually, Hae Yi is full of smiles and energy, but she wears a serious expression. Sun Jae and Gun Hoo appear concerned for Hae Yi, staying right by her side in a reliable manner.

Sun Jae affectionately looks at Hae Yi with warm concern while Gun Hoo, who always charges in without a care of other’s opinions, also seems to be scoping out Hae Yi’s feelings as she appears lost in thought with a serious expression. The stills raise anticipation for the direction of the love triangle and what changes will be brought to their relationships in the upcoming episode.

crash-course-in-romance-.jpeg

lee-chae-min.jpeg

Spoiler

crash-course-in-romance-2.jpeg

noh-yoon-seo-1.jpeg

lee-min-jae.jpeg

The next episode of “Crash Course in Romance” airs on February 11 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1566152wpp/noh-yoon-seo-lee-chae-min-and-lee-min-jaes-love-triangle-deepens-in-crash-course-in-romance

• Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 10:48 AM, larus said:

Actor Lee Sang-i makes a special appearance in 'One Other Scandal'.On the 9th, the agency PLK Good Friends said, "Lee Sang-yi will make a special appearance in the 9th episode of tvN's Saturday and Sunday drama 'One Other Scandal' (script Yang Hee-seung, director Yoo Je-won)."

This is so cool!! I like this actor since Hometown Cha Cha Cha. He's probably appearing because this show is by the same director who directed Hometown Cha Cha.

• Like 1

Whoa the mothers are nastier than I imagined!

Why are most of the women in this show steeped in such internalized misogyny?

I completely get Hae e for trying to protect herself, she's a kid after all. I just hope the showmakers don't make her the villain in her aunt/mother's love story.

Choi Chi Yeol is becoming one of my favourite male leads - he's decisive, resolute, doesn't mince words, has the courage to stand up for what he deems correct, is protective without being obnoxious. He tells Nam Haeng Seon to back off as it was his problem to deal with and he was taking care of it, till she butts in. Also the moment he realizes he has feelings for her, he decides to minimize his interactions with her, as he still believes she's married.

Nam Haeng Seon needs to stop being so naive. For instance, towards the beginning of the show, she never realized that Hae e needs tutoring, some additional guidance since she'll take the CSAT soon. Her protesting in front of the academy was in poor choice, which got Hae e blacklisted. Instead, she could have written an online post, as that's where people are these days - however, without that we would never have Choi Chi Yeol teach Hae e separately. Then, she needlessly inserted herself between Choi Chi Yeol and the obsessive mothers, when he had carefully whisked them away to his office, again leading to speculations. She was also trying to justify the influencer's behaviour, when because of him her brother landed in the hospital! For someone who has gone through a lot of hardships, her character is surprisingly naive. I hope we see more of Lee Sang Yi as the influencer.

Apart from Choi Chi Yeol, my favorite character today was Dan ji. She didn't hold a grudge against Hae e and supported her when she needed her. I liked what Dan ji said to Hae e - Hae e should have been the one kicking butts and not the boys. Now even the teachers are gossiping about Hae e's mother and again it's a female teacher!

I totally didn't see that coming - Choi Chi Yeol's confession. It takes immense courage to do that when there's so much at stake, but he did it and that too with no hope of his feelings being reciprocated. I'm gonna replay it a few more times. :love:

His assistant is pissing me off so much - he is so thoughtless and uncaring towards others - I think he'll start viewing Nam Haeng Seon and her family as an obstacle in Choi Chi Yeol's path.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

I am *ded* after watching today’s episode and really want to talk about it! Omg!! I burst out crying! This show is too good!!!

27 minutes ago, Hong Banjang said:

Whoa the mothers are nastier than I imagined!

Why are most of the women in this show steeped in such internalized misogyny?

While there is some exaggeration, I can assure you that the competition for higher education in many Asian cities is completely ridiculous and the level of misogyny entirely within the realm of what I have seen in Korea.

• Like 2