[Drama 2023] Crash Course in Romance /One Shot Scandal, 일타스캔들

larus

According to KyungHo, Sooyoung also enjoyed watching CrashCourseInRomance, but they tend not to judge each other's performances.  "To be honest, I don't talk about work with Soo-young. I like talking about other people's acting, but we don't talk about each other's acting."

JungKyungHo said that he is still in a serious relationship with ChoiSooYoung, his girlfriend "I don't have any plans to get married yet. I said I would propose if I won the Best Actor Award, but I don't think I can do it for the rest of my life."

“It feels good to be in an open relationship and to receive support. Having been in a relationship for a long time, it is also a plus that we can go anywhere comfortably together. I think I can go out and travel more freely now.”

JungKyungHo said he had a lot of trouble learning math formulas. I FEEL YOU KYUNGHO "There is a scene where I lecture on formulas for about 12 questions in the work. So I tried to memorize the formulas."

JungKyungHo said it was not easy expressing Chiyeol because the setting of being a ilta instructor was unfamiliar to him. "Actually, I didn't know the word 'Ilta' and I didn't know such a world existed. Moreover, I didn't know anything about mathematics."

JungKyungHo said that CrashCourseInRomance is a honorable work with JeonDoYeon and he learned so much from her! "It was an honor to act with someone I've admired and liked. It was so good from the beginning to the end of the filming."

Spoiler

Here are the ratings for Episode 16 *Last episode*! :).

“Crash Course In Romance” Ends On 6th Highest Ratings In tvN History

“Crash Course In Romance” Ends On 6th Highest Ratings In tvN History

tvN’s “Crash Course in Romance” has gone out on a high note!

On March 5, the hit romantic comedy achieved the highest viewership ratings of its entire run for its final episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the series finale of “Crash Course in Romance” scored an average nationwide rating of 17.0 percent, takings first place in its time slot across all channels.

In addition to setting a new personal record for the show, the finale has made “Crash Course in Romance” the drama with the sixth-highest ratings in tvN history, bested only by “Crash Landing on You,” “Reply 1988,” “Goblin,” “Mr. Sunshine,” and “Mr. Queen.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1570607wpp/crash-course-in-romance-ends-on-6th-highest-ratings-in-tvn-history

• Like 4

Jung Kyung Ho Dishes On Chemistry With Jeon Do Yeon, Steamy Kiss Scene In “Crash Course In Romance,” And More

Jung Kyung Ho Dishes On Chemistry With Jeon Do Yeon, Steamy Kiss Scene In “Crash Course In Romance,” And More

Jung Kyung Ho has shared his thoughts about acting with Jeon Do Yeon in “Crash Course in Romance”!

“Crash Course in Romance” is a drama about the unlikely love story between Nam Haeng Sun (Jeon Do Yeon), a former national athlete who now runs her own side dish shop, and Choi Chi Yeol (Jung Kyung Ho), a star instructor in Korea’s elite private education sphere.

On March 5, the hit romantic comedy “Crash Course in Romance” went out on a high note, achieving its highest viewership ratings of its entire run for its final episode.

Jung Kyung Ho, who immersed perfectly into his character of Choi Chi Yeol, showcased great acting skills which made the drama’s charms stand out even more.

Jung Kyung Ho shared, “It wasn’t just a romance drama. The genre suddenly changes in the middle to fit the drama’s description of bittersweet [romance]. Since I had done intense romance in my previous project ‘Hospital Playlist,’ I didn’t have big pressure about doing [romance with Jeon Do Yeon]. I was happy to be with Jeon Do Yeon, and I filmed with great excitement.”

With regard to the concerns about dissonance with Jeon Do Yeon before the drama premiered, Jung Kyung Ho remarked, “I am saying this carefully, but there is no male actor who does not fit Jeon Do Yeon. No matter who acts with Jeon Do Yeon, it would be absurd to say that they are not a good match. I also had many glorious moments while acting together [with Jeon Do Yeon]. I pretended that I wasn’t [too excited] to be filming a romance drama with someone I’d been seeing [acting on television] since I was young, but I went to the director and secretly told him that I was happy and feeling successful. I wondered if this is what a ‘successful’ fan might feel.”

The kiss scene between Choi Chi Yeol and Nam Haeng Sun was one of the scenes that garnered a lot of attention. Regarding this, Jung Kyung Ho shared, “I was shy. It was a scene where [Choi Chi Yeol] kisses her not knowing whether it is a dream or real. I was worried because [the scene] was so intense. However, it’s good to film a kiss scene in just one shot like an action scene. I did my best while filming it.”

Born in 1983, Jung Kyung Ho debuted in 2004 through “Five Stars,” the first mobile interactive drama in Korea which allowed viewers to participate in casting and scriptwriting. The actor also appeared in dramas including the “Hospital Playlist” series, “When the Devil Calls Your Name,” and “Happy Once Again,” as well as films such as “Men of Plastic,” “DAEMUGA,” and “Amor.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1570616wpp/jung-kyung-ho-dishes-on-chemistry-with-jeon-do-yeon-steamy-kiss-scene-in-crash-course-in-romance-and-more

• Like 4

2 hours ago, africandramalover said:

Help! That ending with our couple in the middle of a busy street was very familiar! Which drama ended the same way? I know it is an old one (pre2010), and I'm going crazy trying to remember which one it is!!:unsure:

I think of Princess Hours

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lucia704 said:
7 hours ago, africandramalover said:

Help! That ending with our couple in the middle of a busy street was very familiar! Which drama ended the same way? I know it is an old one (pre2010), and I'm going crazy trying to remember which one it is!!:unsure:

I think of Princess Hours

I thought the same because I vaguely remember Yoon Eun Hye was probably the female lead, so I looked for pics of the ending, but it is different. Lemme watch the episode again and see.

Edit: just checked, and it isn't the one, unless there was another ending. It ends outside the church in Macau... But I could swear there was a similar scene, starring YEH... Maybe in another episode?

This old drama had the exact same scene of the couple in a crowd, kissing and walking away. The people on that Seoul street didn't realise a shoot was happening and looked on excitedly as the stars kissed...

• Like 3

by Lily Alice, March 6, 2023
9 5

The tvN drama Crash Course in Romance aired its last episode on March 5, and the drama achieved its best-ever viewership of 17.03% for its finale. The average rating of the entire drama is 10.73%. Crash Course in Romance commenced with a single-digit rating of 4.04% and slowly made its way to double-digit viewership ratings.

According to Good Data Corporation, it was also ranked as one of the most buzz-worthy dramas. And as per top10.netflix.com, the rom-com ranked on the list of top 10 dramas on Netflix for four weeks and has 23,280,000 viewed hours on the platform. 

kAAq1m_2f.png

https://mydramalist.com/article/crash-course-in-romance-ends-with-highest-rating

• Like 4

Crash Course in Romance: Episodes 15-16 (Final)

by mistyisles

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/CCR1516-00139.jpg

Our story is coming to an end, meaning it’s time for our characters to graduate into the next stages of their lives. Despite the dark turn things took last week, this finale takes a somewhat more hopeful approach, allowing most of our characters to grow, break free of old expectations, and step into a wide-open future.

EPISODES 15-16

Though ready to admit something’s shady about Dong-hee, Chi-yeol plays it safe, wanting to be certain before outright accusing him of murder. His worst suspicions are confirmed, however, when he investigates Dong-hee’s home and finds evidence that 1) Hae-yi was held here the night of the kidnapping, and 2) Dong-hee was Su-hyun’s younger brother — the latter of which he hadn’t yet realized. The final pieces fall together just in time for Chi-yeol to stop Dong-hee from a second attempt at killing both Hae-yi and Haeng-ja.

Chi-yeol chases Dong-hee to the roof and urges Dong-hee to turn himself in, if only for Su-hyun’s sake. Ignoring Chi-yeol’s pleas, Dong-hee says in defeat that he has nothing left to protect. Then he steps off the roof and plunges to his death. The complete, tragic story of his life is revealed to the public, with excessive competition over education named the true culprit behind it all. It’s very sudden, but from there the show is able to focus on resolving the other characters’ stories.

For starters, Hae-yi’s biological mother, HAENG-JA (Bae Hae-sun), has been making a general nuisance of herself, breezing in to take over Hae-yi’s care while demanding everyone else cater to her every whim. When Hae-yi finally wakes up, though, she makes it unmistakably clear that the mother she wants taking care of her is Haeng-sun.

Once Haeng-ja gets wind of Haeng-sun’s rich boyfriend, her eyes practically light up with dollar signs. She’s scheming to get as much as she can out of Chi-yeol, but Hae-yi overhears her plans and threatens to kill herself if Haeng-ja ever asks Haeng-sun or Chi-yeol for money again.

After wrestling with conflicted emotions, Hae-yi decides the best thing she can do to protect Haeng-sun from being taken advantage of is to draw clear line between the two sisters. So at her own welcome home party, Hae-yi announces that she’s decided to move back to Japan with her mother.

This is a disappointing shock to literally everyone (myself included), but as Haeng-sun stubbornly keeps taking care of Hae-yi and Hae-yi stubbornly keeps rejecting her, Haeng-ja’s eyes are opened to just how much these two love each other. So, Haeng-ja decides to bow out and return to Japan alone, leaving behind a genuinely sweet letter for Haeng-sun and taking with her only a few of Hae-yi’s baby photos.

Following Sun-jae’s confession about the leaked exam, Su-hee rallies the other moms to stage a protest demanding his immediate expulsion. But Sun-jae is ready to move on anyway and willfully drops out of school. With a little encouragement from Haeng-sun, he finally works up the courage to face Hae-yi again and apologize. He also works up the courage to (clumsily) confess his feelings, which Hae-yi puts off answering until after the college entrance exam.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/03/crash-course-in-romance-episodes-15-16-final/

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2023] Crash Course in Romance /One Shot Scandal, 일타스캔들

I really enjoyed this kdrama, it made me smile in one of my hardest moments this year. I was glad that they didn't leave any holes in the plot and we saw how the story of all the characters turned out. I would have changed some things at the end, like the way Hae-yi's mother's appearance was handled, I think it made Nam Haeng Sun suffer unnecessarily, among other things, but it was a good ending.

JeonDoYeon said that JungKyungHo is a kind and warm person "When I met him, he complimented me so much that I avoided him in the beginning. It was too burdensome and uncomfortable. It's not like you're doing it from the back. If you do it from the front, you don't know ++

what to do. But Kyungho said that not only to me, but to everyone. I think I've never seen such a person. He is a person who looks at each person and greets them. It's not because I'm a senior, but because I found out that he's that kind of person, I think I opened up my heart."

JeonDoYeon said she was a little surprised with RohYoonSeo's resume. "It was her first time acting in 'Our Blues', so I was a little worried because Hae-yi's character is so important to Haeng-seon. But he's a very confident actress. I was surprised because ++

she's an actress/friend who is confident and doesn't shy away from doing what she has to do. I felt that she resembles Haeyi a lot, her smile is so pretty. Even in the drama, a child like sunshine comes to me.

JeonDoYeon said she watched CrashCourseInRomance with her daughter "Happiness is not in order of grades," but I felt happy through my daughter (her grades rise), and I want her to choose what she is good at rather than saying that I succeeded because I did this."

JeonDoYeon said she honestly felt the prejudice against actress who could do romcom & it didn't feel good. "It's still a world where women are judged by their age and set standards. Romantic comedy aren't just for young people and I think they can do it even after 10 years."

Spoiler

by Lily Alice, March 9, 2023
12 3

Crash Course in Romance was a hit, not only among the domestic audience but also among international viewers. The rom-com had us hooked from the first episode itself and the 16 episodes went by like the wind. So, to stay with the drama for some more time before we push it to the back shelf of our memories, let's recall some of the most iconic moments from the show the whole world loved.  

1. Nam Heang Son Trying to Be a Real Mom

1wwZvb_2f.png

When Hae Yi (Roh Yoon Seo)  opens up to her aunt/mother about her desire to join a hagwon, Haeng Seon (Jeon Do Yeon) realizes how ignorant she has been of her daughter/niece's wishes and aspirations. She gets down and blames herself for not doing the best for her family. But her best friend Kim Young Joo (Lee Bong Ryun) assures her that Haeng Seon is truly admirable considering how she looks after her disabled brother and even quit the national handball team to earn a livelihood for her family. She tells that the only thing she did not do for Hae Yi is give birth to her. A little pep talk from her best friend cheers her up and she decides to give the academy a visit and consult on the best course of action for Hae Yi. Seeing our female lead striving to give her niece-turned-daughter the best makes her fans swoon over her. 

2. Choi Chi Yeol in Disguise

vXXENX_2f.png

When Choi Chi Yeol (Jung Kyung Ho) realises that the same woman who chased him for the phone is the owner of Nation's Best Banchan he decides to never step foot in the shop again nor eat its food. But his eating disorder worsens and he craves Nam Haeng Seon's handmade delicacies. So, to avoid getting caught, he decides to go undercover and successfully dupes the former national athlete making her believe that he is just another customer. But Jae Woo (Oh Eui Shik) catches him and recognizes him to be the phone thief and the star teacher. Chi Yeol's attempt to escape is hilarious but he is caught by Nam Haeng Seon, which gives way to a bickering relationship between the two. 

3. Haeng Seon and Chi Yeol Bickering

x44Bjj_2f.png

It's no doubt that bickering scenes between the leads were some of the most hilarious moments in the K-drama. Haeng Seon mistakes Chi Yeol for a thief who ran away with her brother's phone. And that laid the foundation for the bitter relationship between the duo which leads to hilarious moments. One such moment is when Haeng Seon and Chi Yeol are in the police station reporting the incident of someone breaking a glass and the officer wants to confirm their relationship. No sooner than later they start bickering and Haeng Seon even called Chi Yeol a young man and he called her ahjumma (lady). It is the little spats between the duo that keeps the viewers anticipating more from them. 

more https://mydramalist.com/article/8-best-moments-from-the-k-drama-crash-course-in-romance

“Crash Course In Romance” Sweeps Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings In Final Week On Air

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Mar 12, 2023
by E. Cha

In its final week on air, tvN’s “Crash Course in Romance” successfully defended its position at the top of the list—ending a perfect eight-week streak at No. 1!

Ever since its premiere in January, the hit romantic comedy has topped Good Data Corporation’s rankings of each week’s most buzzworthy dramas without fail, and its stars have also consistently made strong showings on the list of most buzzworthy drama cast members.

This week, not only did “Crash Course in Romance” remain No. 1 on the drama list, but it also swept the top four spots on the actor list. The drama’s cast claimed a total of five spots out of the top 10, with Noh Yoon Seo at No. 1, Jung Kyung Ho at No. 2, Jeon Do Yeon at No. 3, Shin Jae Ha at No. 4, and Lee Chae Min at No. 10.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the first week of March are as follows:

1. tvN “Crash Course in Romance”
  2. SBS “Taxi Driver 2”
  3. KBS2 “Three Bold Siblings”
  4. JTBC “Divorce Attorney Shin”
  5. KBS2 “Vengeance of the Bride”
  6. tvN “The Heavenly Idol
  7. tvN “Our Blooming Youth
  8. MBC “Kokdu: Season of Deity
  9. KBS2 “Brain Works
  10. ENA “Delivery Man”

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Noh Yoon Seo (“Crash Course in Romance”)
  2. Jung Kyung Ho (“Crash Course in Romance”)
  3. Jeon Do Yeon (“Crash Course in Romance”)
  4. Shin Jae Ha (“Crash Course in Romance”)
  5. Lee Je Hoon (“Taxi Driver 2”)
  6. Pyo Ye Jin (“Taxi Driver 2”)
  7. Cho Seung Woo (“Divorce Attorney Shin”)
  8. Park Ha Na (“Vengeance of the Bride”)
  9. Han Hye Jin (“Divorce Attorney Shin”)
  10. Lee Chae Min (“Crash Course in Romance”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1572182wpp/crash-course-in-romance-sweeps-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-rankings-in-final-week-on-air

• 2 weeks later...

Shin Jae Ha Explains His Tendency Of Playing The Villain, Personal Acting Philosophies, And More

Mar 27, 2023
by AliG

shin-jae-ha-1.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

Actor Shin Jae Ha sat down with Esquire Korea to talk about his return to acting with “Crash Course in Romance” and “Taxi Driver 2” and the new approach he’s taking toward his profession.

Starting off by talking about the massive success and infinite praise “Crash Course in Romance” has received, Shin Jae Ha could only describe it as a huge relief.

“My character Ji Dong Hee is one who has a big turning point [in the show]. That secret was revealed in episode 12, and I got messages from so many of my friends and family.” He added jokingly, “It was to the extent I posted on Instagram saying, ‘I got more messages than I did on my birthday. Should I go into the mountains for the time being?’ It was at that time that I realized just how popular the drama is.”

For anyone who’s a fan of “Crash Course in Romance,” the bond between the cast, both on and off screen, is more than obvious. Shin Jae Ha took the opportunity to praise his co-star Jung Kyung Ho.

“We tried to bring different energies from the very beginning,” Shin Jae Ha explained. “For example, Jung Kyung Ho made an effort to stand out on purpose, and his speech and facial expressions were very humorous. Meanwhile, I slowed down the tempo and worked to keep the balance. There were also so many ad-libs.” He then went on to talk about a scene that features the two humming. According to the actor, that scene was 100 percent ad-libbing, with none of it appearing in the original script.

Shin Jae Ha is a very passionate actor, yet he revealed that he doesn’t like to get too deeply immersed in his characters. “In the past, there was one time when I was so immersed in my character that it took me a long time to get over it even after work had ended,” he admitted.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1575321wpp/shin-jae-ha-explains-his-tendency-of-playing-the-villain-personal-acting-philosophies-and-more

• 1 month later...

Winners Of The 59th Baeksang Arts Awards

Apr 28, 2023
by S. Cho

The 59th Baeksang Arts Awards celebrated some of the best in television, film, and theater from the past year!

The annual ceremony took place on April 28 at Paradise City in Incheon and was hosted by Shin Dong Yup, Suzy, and Park Bo Gum.

Television

Best New Actress: Noh Yoon Seo (“Crash Course in Romance”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1583476wpp/winners-of-the-59th-baeksang-arts-awards