SC2019

300px-Decreed_By_Fate.jpg
Details:

Chinese title:  千金难逃
English title: Decreed by Fate

Genre: Historical, Comedy, Romance

Director: Liu Chun (刘春)
Episodes: 16

Broadcast Date:  Mar 31, 2022 (all episodes released in one day)

Network: iQiyi

Cast:

Chen Fang Tong as Ye Rong'er
Li Jiu Lin as Yin Sishen
Wu Chong Xuan as Fang Xianxun
Xu Shao Hang as Wang Yizhi

Synopsis:

An imperial decree forces two strangers, a princess and a cold-faced general, into matrimony. On the wedding day, right after completing the marriage ceremony, the princess comes across a scene which causes her to misunderstand her newly-wedded husband (a scene involving a clingy woman). Foreseeing divorce in her future and believing that he is not a loyal man, she flees his home and decides to establish a "match-making office" in another city to handle her own divorce (apparently divorces were handled by such offices) as a marriage decreed by the Emperor was not one that could be easily 'dissolved'.  Along the way, another handsome suitor tries to charm his way into her heart, while the husband courts his unbeknowing wife.

Spoiler

Note: This is a sort of reverse harem, full of laughs and a female lead who is not afraid to speak her mind, including ogling when the opportunity arises.

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

@leo2020 @ElleSor @MayanEcho if you have the time, do check this out. It's quite a fun watch and with 16 episodes, there are very few unnessary story fillers. It's refreshing for a change to watch the FL try to carve out a future for herself and not be shy to admit it when a man finally catches her fancy. I bet it was written by a lady (LOL). You will likely end up shipping 

Spoiler
Spoiler

the two MLs as they have a bromance of sorts. And for once, I really liked the 2nd ML very much. The ML acted in Time Flies and You are Still Here, also in a supporting role while the 2nd ML was in The Long Ballad and Unforgettable Love also in a support role. It's a HE, in case you are wondering. And I am praying for a Season 2, though I think that is quite unlikely unless the lead actors get popular enough to warrant a sequel.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

@MayanEcho @leo2020 @ElleSor hope you will enjoy it as much as I did. 

Btw, there's another one that may be worth checking out.. 

Spoiler

The Lady in the butcher house....I saw it briefly but I read some comments on MDL that some people don't like it because the FL is quite abusive. I think though one has to park aside those sentiments and allow the both of them to grow. The ML starts off as being a weaker personality vs the FL who is much more aggressive/dynamic. I believe, in time to come, both will grow, and one will mellow down while the other becomes more dynamic. If you enjoy character growth and a woman who is ahead of her time (the female CEO type of character but born far too early when women were expected to be submissive and subordinate to men) enlightening the ML, then do check this out too!

Hope you all had a great weekend! And if any of you are fasting, Ramadhan Kareem!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SC2019 said:

hope you will enjoy it as much as I did. 

Btw, there's another one that may be worth checking out.. 

Reveal hidden contents

The Lady in the butcher house....I saw it briefly but I read some comments on MDL that some people don't like it because the FL is quite abusive. I think though one has to park aside those sentiments and allow the both of them to grow. The ML starts off as being a weaker personality vs the FL who is much more aggressive/dynamic. I believe, in time to come, both will grow, and one will mellow down while the other becomes more dynamic. If you enjoy character growth and a woman who is ahead of her time (the female CEO type of character but born far too early when women were expected to be submissive and subordinate to men) enlightening the ML, then do check this out too!

Hope you all had a great weekend! And if any of you are fasting, Ramadhan Kareem!

Ok, I've managed to check it, however only 10 episodes so far (but will try to finish it ASAP:lol:). So, "Jun Jiu Ling"'s annoying maid and "Time Flies and You are Here"''s brother Cong Wen  actually can act:lol: and can make a really sweet couple, ha?)))) The third guy, I believe I also saw him somewhere, but I suppose just very very briefly, bcs I definitely would remember such a talented actor even in a supporting role. He looks like he is Jin Han's handsome younger brother, hehe, and acts accordingly :D.

Many thanks for the tip, I was so into Be My Princess, will definitely miss it without your recommendations). 

Spoiler

Will try to check the second drama you've mentioned. Too much work recently,  nowhere to get more free time :lol:.

Also someone on YouTube mentioned a supershort (18epx12 minutes!!!) drama The Killer Is Also Romantic. I just love the title, so will try to squeeze it somewhere in my watching schedule as well))).

• Blob 1

@SC2019Hi, just finished and 

Spoiler

because of the ending I wonder if we can look forward to S2? That should be fun). The North Kingdom general is adorable:wub:

So, I suppose I'll now try 

Spoiler

The Lady in the Butcher House you've mentioned. 

Ohh, and 

Spoiler

would totally recommend Killer Is Also Romantic. But make sure you have no one sleeping or working around you whom you might disturb))). I laughed so loud my husband chased me away from the sofa :D

• Like 1

@ElleSor glad you enjoyed it! Yes, the 2nd ML is cute and based on personality, I would say he is more fun loving to be with. Did you know he is a HK actor?

I have yet to check out the other, I'll do it soon, now that I've finished watching JXu and Pinky in you know which drama.

Really? I'll check out your recommendation too (the one which made you LOL).

• Like 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Decreed by Fate 千金难逃

@leo2020 I've finally checked out your recommendation. @ElleSor @MayanEcho you both should check this out too! You won't regret it.

Spoiler

Killer Is Also Romantic is such an amazing watch! I hope the ML gets more opportunity as main actor, the FL is doing well too. And with short episodes, the story just moves w/out being draggy. Thanks awfully for this recommendation.

I am trying to google to see if there is a season 2 for Decreed by Fate, but so far I've had no luck. Just some news articles commenting that the message about this drama is about women, independent spirit, that kind of thingie. Which is true, I do get that message from the show, though I've seen some comments from other forums that such a woman doesn't seem cohesive with people in that era. I am sure there were women like that, but they probably had to keep their thoughts under wraps, lest they be 'stoned' for being different. I wonder sometimes what it would be like to be so progressive and ahead of one's time?

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

@SC2019 ohh, I'm so happy you've enjoyed 

Spoiler

Killer Is Also Romantic as much as I did. I was very satisfied with the leads' acting and the production quality itself. A proper HE, no plot holes or unfinished business. Many highly anticipated big budget dramas could learn a lot from this tiny "hidden jam".

And I actually think the creators managed to show us just some obvious moments from our normal real life- how we all are trying so hard to look perfect and better in other people's eyes, how we all are afraid we won't be accepted for who we really are. 

I should confess I had no time to check the one that you've recommended:(. Just too much going on, and now with all that new dramas like

Spoiler

Who Rules The World (that I haven't even checked yet) I'm not sure I'm able to watch it right now. 

3 hours ago, SC2019 said:

am trying to google to see if there is a season 2 for Decreed by Fate, but so far I've had no luck.

Thanks a lot, emm, well, may be they'll have more updates in future. 

3 hours ago, SC2019 said:

I am sure there were women like that, but they probably had to keep their thoughts under wraps

I'm absolutely sure there were such women as well. However it's like you said, the strictness of the society "codes(standarts,way of life)" just made them keep their thoughts for themselves... 

I personally find the heroine quite amusing, a lively free spirit - just what you expect in such kind of dramas))). 

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, marrez1 said:

i really like this drama, i wanted two husbands for FL, but i love the lead couple,  sadly, harem is just for men lol 

me too, though some people would consider that heresy! And though the bromance of the two MLs weren't quite at par with that of Goblin's but I would say, they were still pretty good. I am praying for a Season 2....sigh, drama gods, it's such a tease to end on that note and leave us hanging there like that...  plus I dislike the fact that they never told us why the ML said he came back from war to marry the FL, seems like there's a back story to this that they didn't reveal, unless it was planned for the sequel. In which case, all the more they should air it!!!

• Like 1