Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

Whoa!  beautiful art works!   ^:)^   Oh my! sooo many talented SIKers in this forum!  I feel very happy for SIK. :)  but on the other hand,  I feel bad I don't know how to create anything to share (sigh):(

Love you all! 
:x :)

Guest elisabeta

Hello, I greet you all SIKers!
Many thanks to Xiaomeihuili and Kona!!!
I'm glad to see Album of Life even without subtitles !
I  watch like to cartoons .. 
 But I
want a Synopsis ...
Can someone do this?I would be very happy.
  :))

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyhZfSOoOZyPfIFQywCv8

TV Novel:  ALBUM OF LIFE

Translation and editing:  Eunil and Celia

16-Apr-2003

SIK_2003_AoL_3.jpgTV novel "Album of Life"
A drama about the war torn life of the 50s, which raised a lot of enthusiasm.

KBS morning drama "Album of Life" will end on the [April] 19th . This drama, which is greatly depicting people's lives in the difficult after-war conditions, has been popular enough to start a mania. Immediately after being broadcasted, "Life pictorial” has climbed to the top receiving about 50 comments per day, on average.

The story lines of the drama include topics from the good conscience dominates the world rather than money, to the plain subject of young men and girls getting married after they overcome their life problems and handicaps. The love story between Ae Lim (Kim Jung Nan), who is a pure girl, and Hyong Sik (Song il Kook), who chooses a woman over honor, is the main topic of this drama, but it is also enriched with all sorts of spices adding a flavor of the social conditions of the time, which were rather turbulent .

The conflict is facing a catastrophic ending by overlapping the hard times experienced by both Sin Yong Sik (Han In Soo), who had picked up a bag of money and then established Dong-A trading company during the war, and Lee Chi Ho (Song Ki Youn) who had been the real owner of the money bag. The conflict between Sin Yong Sik, who becomes a politician and is elected to the National Assembly, and Muncheol, a public prosecutor, who is investigating his political ascension, is reflecting recent social conditions and the common "power game" between a politician and a public prosecutor.

At a time when home dramas are disappearing, this warm drama is  depicting, the poor social conditions of the post-war period from the perspective of ordinary people. Sim (Kim Ji Yeong), Ssang Ga Ma ( Kwon Kwi Og), and Wol-yeong (Yang Mi Kyung)'s supporting performance are growing into very important roles in this drama. Wol-yeong is a key figure in a wife-concubine conflict, Ssan Ga Ma is a degenerated leader who is using money to get elected. However, we are unable to hate them because they might be our self-portraits, reflecting the way we have lived since liberation. […]

The social conditions of the early '60s period piece as well a set of facilities are using a touch of nostalgia to please, but the lives of women throughout the '60s seem overly glamorized. Jung Lim (Kim Ji Yeon) who in spite of all difficulties becomes the owner of a bakery, Ae Lim who wants to continue her career and work after marriage, Miss Na who wants to live with her mother after marriage – these are attitudes that do not effectively express the social ideas about women’s lives and the way they were treated during the early 60s.

A week before the drama ending, the story line regarding Sin Yon Sik relationship with the gangsters who helped his candidacy, then kidnapped his son and injured him with a gunshot are seen as exaggerated. Min-soo (Do Gi Seok) and Jung Lim's sudden disengagement is also an issue left unsolved.

But when considering the uptake of this intellectual drama and its pulling power, these only seem minor points. Because there is a gift of laughter and emotion melted into the stories of the people living in this value-based drama, which makes "Album of Life” an authentic TV fiction melodrama that stands out from today’s sitcoms and light and sensual trendy dramas. The topic itself, about of the painful past and the reality that forgiveness and reconciliation needed for preparing the future projection is perfect for our taste buds by just dropping the freshest ingredients.

© News Town 
http://www.newstown.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=3088

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had some of my favorite scenes subtitled.This is one of them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myioFntwSyI&feature=share&list=PLASVktlxBN24NB1OMCnpx41Sug75rCBo3

Guest danasibro

Many thanks to Xiaomeihuili and Kona for sharing Album of Life!!!

pohhooi   Your drawings are awesome, ardently the videos are touching , gabi , mae ri and elisabeta your artworks  and pictures are very nice. Thank you charmy, metal, alex and h20g for yor nice words.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO Dae Han, Min Kook, and Man Sae,I will always remember SIK's words
"The year of 2012 when I met my three sons whom I love, Dae Han, Min Kook, and Man Sae, [the three names put together means 'Hooray for Korea'] is passing. These kids were able to grow up healthy because of you all. I will live giving it my all even more so from now on."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEbnPVrwljE&feature=share&list=UUbCiS4V4sCsMSlMEB8w0NFw

Love you all!

Wow..poh…thanks for post ing the thothron race, on the 9th!!  Glad some of his outfits are still around too!!  :D..it's fun how they all still wears like you and me!   lol   AND once again lovely artwork, you mind I take them for my own viewings??  I won't, spread them around..that's for sure, he's mine?  :D 

LOL..wowwww…thanks KB for more and spiderman.. lol….can top those..photos!!  And thanks to Mewre!   Yup, he did in 2010, I was on the same land as he was….darn!  Well it was far but still close to me..  :D 

Thanks ardently for TOD..caps..always great to rematch, seen and hear the tunes..  v

Wow….mae risong for more lovely artwork, we sure have a bunch of talents around here!!  Thank you!!    v

Heeey kish, good to see you..and wow….his anniversary already!!??  Happy Anniversary to our man!!  

waves to elisa, gab, celiap, charmy, metal, dana………….

8557739621_d7a84b5dfe_z.jpg

A few posters of mine....    :) 
5454196411_c6518205cf.jpg    5454196705_7907331b16.jpg

A poem posted in Korean by [운영]곰돌이 푸 @ http://cafe.daum.net/GeNtLeSongillgook/1oxw/49013
Translated by Google  -->  Although the words sound awkward, the meaning is sweet and lovely.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our actor's wedding anniversary congratulations ^ ^

~ ♡ you happy today is yearning ..... ♡ ~    8556863889_3e131b0cb1_o.jpg   You also contain up to chestEarly in the morningAgain you longing to immerse favorite  Your chest is very romantic glorious sunshineIs to be carved.   8557972194_ecfa7d5d8f_o.gif  So beautiful today.  Your smelt andMoist eyes just woke upThe only thing I can think of in the early morning  Can have someone to love and be lovedExcitement one gets from the chest.   8557972194_ecfa7d5d8f_o.gif Miss and think of you, andHappy excitement filled the sky from below  Loved you and that you can live yearsIt is a great happiness and blessings.   8557972194_ecfa7d5d8f_o.gif  Such you love that fills my heart holdsExcitement over the whole sky in a world full of happinessMiss you with all my heart and, Living  Ache in the morning, tweetClear, crystal birds  And more beautiful, BlueAll over my day to shine.8557972194_ecfa7d5d8f_o.gif     You put it in my chest ohrotyiYou placed there my mind to be the presence You longingPenetrating moist early in the morning  You put in a cup of fragrant tea to drinkOr a little bit of happiness alone beauty. 이리도 worldBuy me a taste and beautifully reminded that rapnida    8557972194_ecfa7d5d8f_o.gif
  Sitting outside the windowAche a point in the wind  Today thisBeautiful and brilliantInside of me, because you are.   In my loveYou today  Sky as much land as much asFilled with happiness to see today is hope.  8557972194_ecfa7d5d8f_o.gif   Always meAttend hold up to the chest sindaneun you.   Sometimes slowlySometimes stalkedSometimes uncontrollable whirlwind Yearning said getting closerUnderachieving, tears bulhi when you sirs.   Always hold you in my heart danimyeonseodoAlways yearning, saying he looked georimyeo  You herd sseusineun cute indeedYou such a lovelyTenderer will very nostalgic today. 8557972194_ecfa7d5d8f_o.gif    Twinkling stars in the night sky, as well asSweet and precious promises laid numerous GunStill on my mindYou, O jealous.     In your skyIn your chest and breathing and you  Starting todayThis is very romantic.     Love youUnder the same sky, the same yearsSaid Mr can be  Really is a great blessingMystery in my life and happiness is the best.  8557972194_ecfa7d5d8f_o.gif We learn byThe fifth anniversary of marriage to sincerely congratulateAccomplish way more happy family origins.

8557972194_ecfa7d5d8f_o.gif

KONA, although the translation is not perfect, I can still grasp the meaning of the poem.  As a writer myself, I can decipher the words.  I can rewrite the poem in my own way but I won't do it.  It's plagiarism.
I feel sorry for not writing a poem for Sik and the triplets on the two special occasions in his life.  Honestly, I can't find the emotion flowing.  I'm jealous of the wife, and a little bit of the triplets.  They take away SIK from us.  His time and attention are all with them.  If I'm going to write a poem for him now, it will only sound bitter.  Sorry, I sound irrational but that's the truth.  I'll just wish them happiness, keep on waiting and hoping for his comeback.
:( [-(