Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

I agree with many SIKers here...urri SIK appa and his dearing triplets are the most well-prepared family among all TSR families... :wub:

I will be sad and disappointed with the jury if they're not take home the Daesang in KBS Entertainment Awards this year... :angry:

We know Seo In Guk studied art and aspired to be an artist before he 'fell' into acting.  We've heard he did all the interior decoration and he likes collecting things like numerous napkin holders for his own homes.  His wife apparently is not so into this type of stuff.  Looks like through his sons he is able to show his artistic side to the world.

I enjoy seeing the triplets pitch perfect in their presentations all the time but I wonder what this is doing to the Korean (parents') psyche in a country famous for going over the top on 'keeping up with the Joneses' in all manner of things and ways. It makes me chuckle every time I see the triplets and SIG.

I'm sure you meant Song Il-Kook, right? :D I know, when pronounced quickly, their names sound similar, but Seo In Guk is much younger than our SIK and not yet a father:D

But you are right, @seungshin, SIK's good taste and artistic inclinations are showing in the way he's choosing the kids' clothes and preparing their activities. I don't know what this is doing to other Korean parents -  a lot of headaches, maybe :)- but it's surely influencing the kid's own taste and helps educating them.   

Edited by celiap
  • Like 6

I agree with many SIKers here...urri SIK appa and his dearing triplets are the most well-prepared family among all TSR families... :wub:

I will be sad and disappointed with the jury if they're not take home the Daesang in KBS Entertainment Awards this year... :angry:

We know Seo In Guk studied art and aspired to be an artist before he 'fell' into acting.  We've heard he did all the interior decoration and he likes collecting things like numerous napkin holders for his own homes.  His wife apparently is not so into this type of stuff.  Looks like through his sons he is able to show his artistic side to the world.

I enjoy seeing the triplets pitch perfect in their presentations all the time but I wonder what this is doing to the Korean (parents') psyche in a country famous for going over the top on 'keeping up with the Joneses' in all manner of things and ways. It makes me chuckle every time I see the triplets and SIG.

I'm sure you meant Song Il-Kook, right? :D I know, when pronounced quickly, their names sound similar, but Seo In Guk is much younger than our SIK and not yet a father:D

But you are right, @seungshin, SIK's good taste and artistic inclinations are showing in the way he's choosing the kids' clothes and preparing their activities. I don't know what this is doing to other Korean parents -  a lot of headaches, maybe :)- but it's surely influencing the kid's own taste and helps educating them.   

it only proves that SIK is being honest when he said the primary reason he joined the show is to be able to do thingss with his kids that he wouldn't have the opportunity to do if it wasn't for the show. it's not because of the fees or fame. 

Let's face it. A lot of the things he are doing is expensive and although it is obvious that he seems to have been able to invest a lot of his money well, "having fun" is still a secondary thing for parents. priority will still be their health, shelter and education. Because of TROS, SIK gets the financial support that helps him afford all these activities. With 3 kids that have appetites of a full grown NFL linebacker, taking them to a simple camping or trip to the zoo or Japan for that matter, could be pretty expensive.

then, there is the security of knowing that someone is always watching  his sons  when they go into adventures like camping. He can essentially allow his kids to roam free and let them discover themselves without worrying about their safety because there is a camera man, writer and child development expert that follow his kid. the child development expert would then know how to keep watch ofthe kid without taking away the "independence".

SIK took the oopoortunity to join thee show knowing he will be able to do things that will help the triplets create memories with him and things that will help the kids develop and discover themselves. 

he did say that the moment the triplets "realize" they are celebrities, he will pull out of the show. I would be very very sad on that day but I will also support it because the bottomline has always been the kids. as a parent, he wants to do things that will help his kids. raising them to be humble individuals is one of the priorities.  

• Like 10

I agree!!!

Regarding how his parenting style will affect how other parents raise their kids. While I agree that not all parents can afford a trip to Japan or rent a luxury camping tent or trailer like SIK does, not everything he does is expensive to do. Example of this :

* The puppet show- all it takes is a creative imagination and willingness to do silly stuff.

* Reading to them. 

* Playing hide and seek with them.

* The treasure hunt game during the second camping trip can be done anywhere. 

* Nurturing their imagination through play acting and drawing on a foggy window. 

* He bought them pants from an outdoor market vendor. The triplets also reuses clothes they wear on the show. That brown stuff Sunghoon bought for them in Jeju would probably be used and reused for as long as they fit the kids. 

* He teaches them to respect and share with others. There are many instances where the kids shared their food with the camera men without any prodding from their father. 

* He does not buy them expensive toys. They use their body and imaginations to play. 

• Like 10

I'm sorry I meant to type Song Il Gook. I know his name is spelled Song Il Kook here but it can also be spelled Gook or Guk.   Oh dear, I'm sorry about that chingus.  Anyone who knows Seo In Guk knows he doesn't decorate his home and he doesn't have kids nor is it married?  SO yes I meant Song Il Gook (Kook).

• Like 3

Some scenes in the Triplets X-file 03:

1. This one is in relation to the episode where Song appa went for his bus driving test and Daehanie proudly introduced Song appa to strangers.

kDTLeQ8.png

2. Triplets are putting cucumber mask for Song appa.

0rYnXza.png

aIo5p1d.png

Source: DC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday shooting scenes: 1st photo seems to be Song appa with Manse and 2nd photo is Song appa carrying Minguk and Daehan walks in front of Manse.

mczU7Ul.png

a0wKOTG.png

Source: http://kymzoo.blog.me/220444615600

• Like 8

Hope to have someone doing translation for this analysis of our triplets:

vd-baby-150806.jpg

vd-baby-150806-02.jpg

I like the way Daehanie is described as "Sunflower", Song appa is his sun, his focus is always his beloved appa; he is also mentioned as a caretaker, always care for his younger brothers.

vd-baby-150806-03.jpg

vd-baby-150806-04.jpg

Source: http://news.visualdive.co.kr/2015/08/vd-피플사전-누나의-마음을-흔드는-삼둥이의-치명/

• Like 10

I agree!!!

Regarding how his parenting style will affect how other parents raise their kids. While I agree that not all parents can afford a trip to Japan or rent a luxury camping tent or trailer like SIK does, not everything he does is expensive to do. Example of this :

* The puppet show- all it takes is a creative imagination and willingness to do silly stuff.

* Reading to them. 

* Playing hide and seek with them.

* The treasure hunt game during the second camping trip can be done anywhere. 

* Nurturing their imagination through play acting and drawing on a foggy window. 

* He bought them pants from an outdoor market vendor. The triplets also reuses clothes they wear on the show. That brown stuff Sunghoon bought for them in Jeju would probably be used and reused for as long as they fit the kids. 

* He teaches them to respect and share with others. There are many instances where the kids shared their food with the camera men without any prodding from their father. 

* He does not buy them expensive toys. They use their body and imaginations to play. 

in addition:

The kids only get to eat meat when they are outside filming.... it could be an x-deal with the restaurant owner for free advertisement or the expenses will be shouldered by the production.  

• Like 4

in addition:

The kids only get to eat meat when they are outside filming.... it could be an x-deal with the restaurant owner for free advertisement or the expenses will be shouldered by the production.  

I think SIG and wifey are generous when it comes to food. He mentioned before that he used to give them only premium korean beef until he realized how expensive it would be in the long run :lol:. Also on his first episode when he went grocery shopping with them, his wife called him to buy beef brisket for the kids soup. So yes they eat meat often, but we should also credit the parents for trying their best to give them healthy foods like vegetables and fruits,

I think SIG pays for all the food they eat and activities they do on the show. It was mentioned during that grocery errand episode they did, when Minguk filled his basket with bread that appa il guk payed for all of it. 

I think the only time KBS steps in to shoulder the expenses are for those activities that the production impose on the families, such as the one in Jeju and when SIG and the kids went to Japan. I also think that KBS shoulder's the expenses of Sarang and family whenever they shoot in Korea. 

• Like 6

in addition:

I think SIG and wifey are generous when it comes to food. He mentioned before that he used to give them only premium korean beef until he realized how expensive it would be in the long run :lol:. Also on his first episode when he went grocery shopping with them, his wife called him to buy beef brisket for the kids soup. So yes they eat meat often, but we should also credit the parents for trying their best to give them healthy foods like vegetables and fruits,

I think SIG pays for all the food they eat and activities they do on the show. It was mentioned during that grocery errand episode they did, when Minguk filled his basket with bread that appa il guk payed for all of it. 

I think the only time KBS steps in to shoulder the expenses are for those activities that the production impose on the families, such as the one in Jeju and when SIG and the kids went to Japan. I also think that KBS shoulder's the expenses of Sarang and family whenever they shoot in Korea. 

True. :D I meant in the context of filming where he can share his parenting styles with the viewers.  Otherwise they would not grow as big as they are now without protein in their diets.:) It is actually amazing that his kids at their age can enjoy eating vegetables for meals when most are picky eaters and stick to fried foods or processed foods for meals.  

Edited by janis_joong
  • Like 4

True.  I meant in the context of filming where he can share his parenting styles with the viewers.  Otherwise they would not grow as big as they are now without protein in their diets. It is actually amazing that his kids at their age can enjoy eating vegetables for meals when most are picky eaters and stick to fried foods or processed foods for meals.  

I agree! Their so big for their age, his doing a good job teaching his kids to eat different kind of foods and their not picky at all.:D

• Like 5

Happy Birthday @Ardently!  :wub:  Hm...what's up with the emoticons?  seems like they've been taken away.  anyways this is what I want to send you:  XOXOXOXOXO

@Celiap is right, you're too quiet!  

I'm really looking forward for SIK's new drama.  I already requested it on Viki and Dramafever,

Jumong.jpg

• Like 5

in addition:

production pays for most. when it is within production plan, production pays. before filming, the cast already tells the production where they plan to  go and what they do (unless of course there are some production mandatories like the gathering of all families in Jejudo). if, however, cast members do something unplanned (like SIK's run to the bakeshop after the  dentist appointment, SIK pays). for food within the house, SIK pays. it  is the production's discretion whether they get an ex-deal  with the places the cast goes and simply pays outright. 

for the clothes, production said SIK buys them and styles the kids. however, they often wear clothes given by the clothing brand they are endorsing. there is also what we call "production stylist". different brands usually send clothes to  stylists. stylists can then offer the clothes to the cast member. these are not endorsements. there is no mention of the brand either. the only thing brands get is the opportunity to use in their marketing releases that the celebrity used their clothes. 

it is possible for SIK to sometimes get clothes from the production line and simply style the triplets himself. 

• Like 8

Hi all..i'm new here...i just want to say...

I love these triplet..they are so adorable & brilliant..So cute.....i like daehan , manse but honestly I already falling in love with mingukkie..

Mingukkie...your aegyo just make you more cute & funny....:-)

Triplet fighting...mmuahhhh

• Like 9