Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

Thank you for all updates, and links to the drama on KBSW.

“The Return of Superman” PD Expresses His Sadness at the Departure of the Song Triplets

“The Return of Superman” PD Expresses His Sadness at the Departure of the Song Triplets

Many are already saddened thinking about the departure of Song Il Gook and his sons Daehan, Minguk, and Manse from the February 7 episode of the popular KBS show “The Return of Superman.”

The head PD of the show, Kang Bong Gyu, completed his final edits of their last episode on February 3, and spoke with Star News on the telephone, saying that, “Just thinking about their last episode makes me incredibly sad.”

He said, “Even after finishing the filming, I was able to see their faces every day as I edited the video and so it really seems like I spent the last 582 days with them, from their first episode on June 6, 2014 to their last episode February 7, 2016.”

He added, “Maybe because it was the last editing for them, but I just kept looking at their videos today. I feel so sad thinking that this is the last time I could see them. My heart felt stuffy and I even got teary-eyed. I can never forget the time that Song Il Gook and his triplets spent with us on ‘The Return of Superman.’ It feels like I must have done something great in my previous lifetime. I’m so happy I was able to film with such good people. I look forward to seeing Song Il Gook’s great acting in the future and I hope that the triplets grow up healthy and happy.”

The last episode for Song Il Gook and his triplets will be on this upcoming Sunday, February 7.

Are you sad to see the triplets leave?

You can check out their previous episode below!

http://www.viki.com/videos/1076655v-the-return-of-superman-episode-115?embed_site=www.soompi.com

source

• Like 10

38 minutes ago, irilight said:

I  thought I will be OK they are leaving but watching their preview last episode my heart is paining and teary-eyed plus the background music it makes me even more sad! We can't see them anymore every sunday after this last!:bawling:

We will miss them terribly,My daehanie the responsible, mingukie the smart and manse the cheeky! Grow up well and healthy,.Hope to see you all again as what Song appa said see you next time!:wub::blush:

• Like 10

1 hour ago, starfire182921 said:

I  thought I will be OK they are leaving but watching their preview last episode my heart is paining and teary-eyed plus the background music it makes me even more sad! We can't see them anymore every sunday after this last!:bawling:

We will miss them terribly,My daehanie the responsible, mingukie the smart and manse the cheeky! Grow up well and healthy,.Hope to see you all again as what Song appa said see you next time!:wub::blush:

I just watched the preview on the viet FB fanpage too...my heart broke. too sad...so so so sad....:bawling:

• Like 9

Like everyone else in this thread, I also feel sad that the Song family is leaving ROS for good.  Although it's not very clear to me what the exact reason is, I have to bear with it.  What's hurting me most is not only missing the triplets, but being not able to see SIK on regular weekends.  The dad who always wears black shorts and tshirts, snores when he sleeps,  his messy hair and puffy eyes when he wakes up, how I love those other sides of him.  But if leaving the show would mean more projects for him, there's no reason for me to complain.

KISH, done hybernating?  Welcome back!

• Like 6

The time has come.

We will say goodbye to our beloved Song Family on ROS, but we will remember them for years to come.  My eyes were also teary reading PD Kang's confession.

We're looking forward to see our angels in CFs, Instagram, and any fan-taken photos. :fearful: :blush: :flushed:

Episode 116 preview.

• Like 10

Song Triplets Team Up With Dad One Last Time to Prepare Surprise for Mom

Song Triplets Team Up With Dad One Last Time to Prepare Surprise for Mom

At the end of 19 months, through tears and laughter, the time to say goodbye toSong Il Gook and Daehan, Minguk; and Manse has come. 

The upcoming February 7 broadcast of KBS 2TV’s “The Return of Superman” is a Lunar New Year special episode, titled “I Love You, I Love You, I Love You,” and is also the last episode featuring Song Il Gook and his sons.

On this day, Song Il Gook, who originally agreed to the show in order to give his wife a break, remarks that he “wants to spend the last day of filming dedicated to Mom, who was the catalyst for our appearance,” and selects delivering lunch boxes filled with love to his wife, Jung Seung Yeon, as their last mission.

The triplets gather their strength together to skewer fruit onto sticks in order to give them to their mom. Like the mukbang (also known as eating broadcast) babies they are, Minguk and Manse eat the fruit instead, behind their father’s back, making everyone at the scene laugh at their high-level eating skills. 

Afterwards, each of triplets grab a lunchbox in their hands, and go around yelling their mom’s name, each pulling his own weight in order to successfully deliver the lunch boxes.

return of superman

Song Il Gook and the Song triplets also reveal their thoughts about their last filming. Song Il Gook especially shows his great affection for the show, when he responds, “‘The Return of Superman’ has been the greatest gift in my life.”

Manse reportedly says, “if we are sad, then dinosaur uncles (how the triplets refer to the cameramen) will be sad too,” showing a mature image, completely different to the Manse from the very first meeting with the staff, 27 months ago. He touches the hearts of all the staff who have been with them since the very beginning.

The production team behind “The Return of Superman” says, “the viewers, and the staff, will most likely never forget all the memories of the Song triplets and Song Il Gook are leaving behind on this show,” and that “it was hard to hold back tears when the staff saw the bright and energetic Daehan, Minguk, and Manse. Please look forward to the matured Song triplets in their last episode.”

The last episode featuring Song Il Gook and the Song triplets will air this Sunday, at 4:55 p.m. KST.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/02/05/song-triplets-team-up-with-dad-one-last-time-to-prepare-surprise-for-mom/

• Like 9

Hello there fellow SIKers~

It's really gonna happen, uri Song family leaving the show. I kinda avoid reading the stuffs about them leaving because it just breaks my heart. Like Songie appa said, "‘The Return of Superman’ has been the greatest gift in my life", I believe that for everyone of us here, it's also the greatest gift we ever received from uri Song family. I'm gonna miss them so much~:bawling:

• Like 8

On 4 February 2016 at 0:23 PM, KonaBeans said:

Hello Mr. Hummer @hummer82, we shouldn't wait for it to complete since subs are released so quickly now.  Remember the old days when we were desperately waiting for the infamous "MisterX" to release his (quality) subs.  I believe Jang Young Sil is 24 episodes, but if it's 50, then that's even better.  SIK's acting is great, the story is interesting, only I don't quite follow all the scientific terminologies although I did learn a few things about astronomy.  Stay healthy and happy watching, Mr. Hummer.  Cheers ~ :)

@kish_agnes, hello stranger!  :)

Hahaha thank you agasshi!!! SIK ride a horse again after  long years of waiting our wishes granted. 

Ardently, been a while hybernating hehehe Jang youngsil  restore my fantasy to korean drama, I stop watching kdramas after il kook name dcide to focus his family.

it was ajie who posted Jang younsil pictures thru her status in fb. And yes im kind of hurry to find out if its really coming out already.cant deny when we talk historical drama only one  name i cant forget SIK my king.

HWJ hello dear

to our fello sikers, Shirl dymond may she rest in peace

thank you for all your kindness.

• Like 4

Millions in tears as they wait the triplet’s upcoming last episode on “Superman Returns”

Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 2.27.34 PM

Korean media reports that “Superman Returns” will air their last episode with the triplets

“Superman Returns” have been loved by millions of viewers in Korea for their unique concept of father taking care of their children. The triplets with their father and actor Song Il Gook have been one of the most popular family on the program.

After almost 19 months of being loved by fans and viewers not only from Korea but all over the world, “Superman Returns” reveals that they will air the last episode with the triplets this upcoming February 7th.

Song Il Gook revealed to the media “‘Superman Returns’ was the best gift of my life.”

With a teaser photo of the triplet’s mother being revealed in the next episode, fans are anticipating how the triplets will say good bye to their viewers and fans.

source:  Koreaboo

• Like 12

Comments on article posted by @irilight

NETIZEN REACTIONS
Koreaboo has collected reactions from Netizens who commented on the original article from our Korean source. The below comments are the most popular comments at the time of this article being published.

[ +4995 / -86] The triplets were a big gift to all of us as well! We will cheer them on as we hope they will grow up to be bright!

[ +3965 / -56] We were happy because of you triplets. Please be healthy and be confident! We will miss you a lot

[ +3647 / -66] The triplets were a big gift to us well! Thank you for everything!

[ +3206 / -53] The triplets were the best gift to us well. Thank you and good job.

[ +512 / -9] I felt as though my body was healed every time watching the triplets

Source: Star News

• Like 11

I'm also one of a million fans of Song family who is crying when I saw the last part of Song family on TRoS. :bawling::heart:

This family is so special, they all full of love and joyful. Wish Song Il Gook family always full of love, joy, and healthy. 

Really thanks to Song Il Gook and Jeong Seung Yeon eomma for sharing triplets moment with us on TRoS. Thanks also to the crew of The Return of Superman for taking such the best production and quality moments between father and their kids. 

I will miss Daehan Minguk Manse so much.

:grin: Happy Lunar New Year to all Song Il Gook fans here. Wishing  you all have joyful & prosperity year. 

• Like 7