Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

AHA, a observant viewer has noticed holes in appa's stocking...:lol:

Source: DC

SIK is such a low profile, a very simple man.

He looked after the kids first and forgot himself.. (need extra nanny, i'm available! LOL) 

Love this man for having a humble yet big heart for the needy. :wub:

~~~~~~~~~~~

Royal Story / 장희빈 (2002-2003)

Emperor of the Sea / Haesin 해신 (2004-2005)

Jumong / Book of Three Hans 추몽 (2006-2007)

Kingdom of the Winds / Land of Wind 바람의 나라 (2008-2009)

Jang Young Sil (2016)

tumblr_ns87h8i7ee1tjt42ro1_500.jpg

Photo from GeNtLe.

• Like 9

Hi adelinetew, ahhh.............is that a hole in his socks? I thought all along when I saw this picture you posted it's a stain..... hahaha. :P

Saw this piece of news a moment ago, Song appa has confirmed taking up two challenges - new drama & ROS. :D

Source: http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=75

Saw this piece of news a moment ago, Song appa has confirmed taking up two challenges - new drama & ROS. :D

Source: http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=754867

Luckily this piece of news is also published in another website (allthatstar) in where there is availability of Chinese version, it is confirmed!

http://www.allthatstar.com/tw/view.php?action=5207&postID=118410&rtn_sns=fa

Hooray!!! So glad that we'll be seeing uri Songie both in a drama and a variety. Let's party!!!:lol:

I don't know why i'm so excited about this. I'm just a new fan. LOL 

Hi klent, I'm excited, too. Oh.. I've been waiting for his decision ever since I read news about the drama for him. Great news! I’m happy he will stay with the show while taking this drama. It won't be the same without the cute, adorable triplets in the show. He would be very busy - I wonder if SIG will survive this! Well, both programs are under KBS so no problem in coordinating schedules in case. But at the same time it'll be challenging for him. I do hope he doesn’t wear himself out too much. I know that you are the real superman, SIG! :P

• Like 7

Song appa, what do you have in mind when seeing this lovely photo of you on the iPad screen?
(Appa: These three little rascals are the reasons of my aging and weight increase, aiyooh...)

fOw9uz6.gif

IdJf3EE.jpg

Can someone post a bigger resolution one of SIK photo above?

• Like 7

BTW - according to new Soompi rules, a drama thread can be opened with only one confirmation.

So, if anyone here wants to open the new drama thread for "Jang Yeong-Sil" - we can chat there about the upcoming drama.

KBS post and twit yesterday.

#송일국 씨가 KBS 1TV 【#징비록】후속인 【#장영실】출연을 확정지었다는 소식이에요. 【#슈돌】과【#장영실】을 병행할 예정인 송일국 씨. 일과 육아를 오가는 워킹대디의 활약에 많은 응원 보내주세요~♡

Embedded image permalink

• Like 6

He looked after the kids first and forgot himself.. (need extra nanny, i'm available! LOL) 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Royal Story / 장희빈 (2002-2003)

Emperor of the Sea / Haesin 해신 (2004-2005)

Jumong / Book of Three Hans 추몽 (2006-2007)

Kingdom of the Winds / Land of Wind 바람의 나라 (2008-2009)

Jang Young Sil (2016)

tumblr_ns87h8i7ee1tjt42ro1_500.jpg

Photo from GeNtLe.

Does anyone on this thread know/have links to Royal Story (Jang Hee Bin)?  I've only seen SIG clips of them on YT.  I would love to see the series some time.  Thank you in advance to anyone who can help!

• Like 4

Yayyyy...that's very cool..king Drama is back again.  Think he done all of them almost every years..or so!  Now it's another every years!  :)  Fightings!!  AND next year would be 10 years ago Jumong debuted to us on May 2006!  Keep on celebrating..v

6484016317_041be44a87_o_zpse0231c6d.jpg  6484016357_145fb7910b_o_zps161f3c12.jpg 

6482630799_b4bdb2ca5a_o_zps3afaced7.jpg  4683251179_1a5390024b_zpsd809f09f.jpg 

IMG_0633_zpsd505082b.jpg  IMG_0632_zps312e2ed7.jpg

• Like 7

Song Il Gook makes final decision on continuing “Superman Is Back” with his triplets

Song Il Gook and triplets

After numerous of reports that Song Il Gook and the triplets may leave Superman is Back, Song Il Gook has released an official statement for his decision. 

After two months of Song Il Gook deciding whether or not to continue appearing in the program with his triplets, he finally released his final decision.

The reason for Song Il Gook’s possible leave was due to his recent casting for upcoming historical drama, Jang Yeong Sil. Due to the anticipated hectic schedule of appearing for the drama and filming for the program, it was reported that the actor may not return to the program with the triplets.

However, both the producers of the upcoming drama Jang Yeong Sil and Superman Is Back have officially stated that they have come to a consensus. They claimed to have contacted each other to collaborate the future schedules for both the show and the upcoming drama. According to both sides, one of the biggest reason for their collaboration is the actor’s wish to remain on the program, while taking on a role in a production that interested him.

Therefore, Song Il Gook and the triplets will remain on the show while the drama Jang Yeong Sil will air their first episode on January of next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

The netizens have reacted positively to the news and left encouraging statements saying:

[ +12780 / -383] He is going to have such a hard time.. but I’m glad I still get to see the triplets!!!

[ +11325 / -306] Hul I’m glad I get to see the triplets but wouldn’t it be too difficult for Song Il Gook? I cheer for you

[ +8632 / -285] I hope you catch both rabbits ^^

Source: TV Report / koreaboo

• Like 8

BTW - according to new Soompi rules, a drama thread can be opened with only one confirmation.

So, if anyone here wants to open the new drama thread for "Jang Yeong-Sil" - we can chat there about the upcoming drama.

I'm also waiting for someone to create it. Hehe~

• Like 7

Pediatric Psychiatrist Says Song Minguk Has Motherly Rather Than Brotherly Love for Manse

Pediatric Psychiatrist Says Song Minguk Has Motherly Rather Than Brotherly Love for Manse

On July 22, pediatric psychiatrist Dr. Son Seok Han left a message on the official “Superman Returns” message board after watching the recent July 19 episode of the show, notably the part where Minguk cleans up for Manse.

Dr. Son Seok Han says, “After [Song Il Gook] asks Minguk to help Manse with cleaning up, Minguk admirably complies. Minguk cleans up Manse’s plate and napkin, and even helps take off Manse’s bib. Manse must have been really happy, basking in the glory of being the youngest of the three.”

The doctor goes on with a brief analysis of Minguk’s behavior, and says, “Minguk doesn’t stop [at taking off Manse’s bib] and goes on to carefully clean it. At that point, rather than brotherly love, he is closer to a sort of motherly love.”

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 17

Guest ilenaz

Hello everybody ^ ^

Yes ... it's been a long time ,so sorry as usual for being absent and only the silent reader. Just so happy to hear that Mr.Song accept the new drama,I always love to see him in historical drama than others one ...

Thank you so much for all the great updates and news and looking forward to see the  Tattooist trailer soon.

Good luck ,Fighting!

He looked after the kids first and forgot himself.. (need extra nanny, i'm available! LOL

Photo from GeNtLe.

:D:D:D  Me too!  Let's work together, dear Chell!!

Man se, SIK!! Great news with Jang Young Sil!! Fighting!!

Love you all, SIkers!

• Like 10

@irilight dear...i believe you fall in love with SIK appa after watch Jumong, right chinggu ??? :P

I suggest you to watch Emperor of the Sea...his chemistry with our lovely Soo ae is too good to skipped... :wub:

@badsmuler dear.. yes...  :wub:

Emperor of the Sea is on my list for sure!

• Like 8

KBS' official position "Song Il-gook will be Jang Yeong-sil"...What about Superman?

photo618150.jpg

KBS official announced the casting of Song Il-gook in their historical epic "Jang Yeong-sil".

In a press release provided on the 28th, KBS said "Song Il-gook will be starring as the title character, Jang Yeong-sil, who is the protagonist of the show. The show will be our follow-up to "Jing Bi-rok" which will come to an end on August 2nd". They followed this with the comment saying "he will be appearing in both 'Jang Yeong-sil' and 'The Return of Superman'". They added by saying "Song Il-gook has made a strong impression with the audience performing in many of KBS' historical epics including 'Emperor of The Sea' and 'Land of wind'. We are greatly anticipating his portrayal of the character".

"Jang Yeong-sil" starring Song Il-gook is KBS' first attempt as a science drama telling the story of Jang Yeong-sil. In the age when only Confucianism was the order of the world, he was born into slavery but entered the palace and became a world class genius scientist in the 15th century.

Source: http://tr.im/VFDXW

• Like 10

Song appa, what do you have in mind when seeing this lovely photo of you on the iPad screen?
(Appa: These three little rascals are the reasons of my aging and weight increase, aiyooh...)

fOw9uz6.gif

IdJf3EE.jpg

Can someone post a bigger resolution one of SIK photo above?

I thought the same way too.. HAHAHAHAHAHA... BOYS, you owe your father soooooo much! 

Anyway, although i'm happy to hear the news he do both TROS and drama, i think he probably reconsider sign off of TROS on January 2016, before the drama on air. Even if the shoot begin somewhere between this August and aired on January 2016, it will be a very long saeguk drama so i assumed that the filming will take some time. SIK will step down from TROS early next year, i supposed.

Well, let's get used to it ladies.. 

• Like 8

I thought the same way too.. HAHAHAHAHAHA... BOYS, you owe your father soooooo much! 

Anyway, although i'm happy to hear the news he do both TROS and drama, i think he probably reconsider sign off of TROS on January 2016, before the drama on air. Even if the shoot begin somewhere between this August and aired on January 2016, it will be a very long saeguk drama so i assumed that the filming will take some time. SIK will step down from TROS early next year, i supposed.

Well, let's get used to it ladies.. 

I think it's only going to be 26 episodes long (not confirmed yet but I'm quite sure it's not going to be in the epic scale of Jumong) So it's possible to do what CTH did, do drama and variety at the same time. Since they stated it will be aired in January 2016, chances are this drama would be filmed in advance, even if they start filming in September or October, they would still have 2 mos. buffer time to pre-film episodes for ROS before SIK gets busy with both drama filming and ROS recording. By the time it premieres, they probably have done at least half of the 26 episodes already. 

• Like 8

Hello SIKers and triplets lovers,

I'm glad that triplets lovers also become SIKers and lend him all the support.  Thank you new SIKers (and longtime SIKers) SIK never fails to deliver especially in historical drama genre.  Haven't heard from Mr. Hummer.  He must be really excited to hear about SIK's new historical drama.

Looking forward for discussion on SIK's performance and his new character in the drama.  Finally this thread becomes SIK thread gain. Hope the new drama also has a passionate story like TOE.

@ilenaz, glad to hear from you!

Waves to chellsee, konabeans, ardently (what happened? you've been absent for a while), gabi, metaltiger, HWJ, pohooi...and other SIKers, old and new!

Love you all!

:wub:

• Like 10