Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

I would love it if SIK took the role of Jang Young-sil!  Jang's biography(thank you Kona) is rich with conflict and tragedy, something SIK does so well...... and, better yet, its a sageuk!   

Maldita has a good point - KBS might be willing to be flexible with the schedule so as not to threaten their #1 show on Sunday, ROS. 

• Like 9

Oh my! Good news for our hero dad! I would love him to come back into acting, I'm selfish that I want him back to small screen, but the children also need their dad. I know the pressure on SIK because he doesn't want to give up on ROS because its great pleasure on him that he is working at the same time spending time with his kids he wouldn't trade anything in the world! For me I prefer to see him again when the children graduated from ROS, but of course I will also fool myself if I said I'm not happy to see him in the drama..... How  I wish we could clone him! Hahaha!

• Like 8

It's a good news to have SIK back on drama again, but i feel really sad if it means he and triplets has to leave the show. IMHO he can do both, since Cha Tae Hyun can do filming for 2D1N and The Producers, so why can't SIK? Filming 2D1N is probably as hard as filming with triplets. And i think KBS wouldn't let SIK and Triplets leave the show since (as far as i concern) the rating of Superman Returns go up high after Triplets join the show. That would be disadvantage for KBS and the viewers. I think as long as Choo Sarang is still on the show, Triplets won't go anywhere. After all, if KBS decided to change the cast, there will be 'a guest' shown up just like that boy in Busan (who apparently stop casting because his dad join politic or something) and the twin sister to check the water if the viewers like them or not. 

SIK keeps mention "we came here last year" or "It's been a year" every time they filming at the spot they used to came. I feel like it's just like "we done enough already boys." And it makes me feel so sad.

It's just my opinion, or so... i'm lying to myself and pretend to be ok. If somehow Triplets leave the show, this will be me when it happens : 

: 10953113_435347679946020_1117486499_n.jp

Edited by vieryo
  • Like 10

A little opinion: SIK knows what is best for him and his triplets; if he can manage triplets, he sure can manage two jobs, ROS and new drama series. He is a super dad and a great acting professional, I have faith in him...

14pYJLm.gif

• Like 9

I heart pounded at the same time it felt sort of heavy as I read the news about SIK considering sageuk drama.  I will be praying every morning and night from this day on for KBS to accommodate SIK's schedule in order for him to have both.  I know there will be other people involved in the drama filming, it's very difficult to accomodate SIK's schedule, therefore, I have to pray.  For me, it will be a loss-loss situation if the conflicting schedule can't be soved,  :(

@yvonneallen, good luck with your move, on the river sounds very good.  :)

Love you all SIKers and the triplets lovers. :wub: I'm pretty sure all the SIKers feel excited.  We haven't seen him in a drama for a long time.  I don't think he should miss this opportunity.  For the triplets lovers, I'm pretty sure you feel kind of sad, but please pray with me.

• Like 8

@adelinetew I know that SIK doing a great job being a superman dad but we are all human beings. I have met a lot of  that cases where I work where parents offered a nice high paying job but they always ended up sacrificing their happiness and time for their family. ROS is a great show that while SIK is working he can still spend his time with his children, that's why he is in torn between drama and ROS, because it's like choosing your good opportunity for a greater job offer. Let's face it that he needs to provide for his children, but ROS and CF is enough for the future education of the children. So if he choose the drama it's highly possible that he will quit ROS. Like I said I rather not see him very tired knowing that he is making a big sacrifice for everyone and his health will be affected. He needs to stay healthy for the sake of his family.

• Like 7

Hi Ladies:  Well, I have been patiently waiting for SIK to do another historical drama, and maybe it will now happen. I do hope that he does takes the offer, but we have to wait and see..............It's good news K.B.

• Like 9

@adelinetew I know that SIK doing a great job being a superman dad but we are all human beings. I have met a lot of  that cases where I work where parents offered a nice high paying job but they always ended up sacrificing their happiness and time for their family. ROS is a great show that while SIK is working he can still spend his time with his children, that's why he is in torn between drama and ROS, because it's like choosing your good opportunity for a greater job offer. Let's face it that he needs to provide for his children, but ROS and CF is enough for the future education of the children. So if he choose the drama it's highly possible that he will quit ROS. Like I said I rather not see him very tired knowing that he is making a big sacrifice for everyone and his health will be affected. He needs to stay healthy for the sake of his family.

Agree with your viewpoints on the toughness to handle two jobs. Just to share my experience as a working mother travelling extensively for the past 10 years and have to manage two kids, it was hard but one could benefit of getting stronger with those hardship.

Back to SIK, whatever his final decision is, my best wishes to him. I will sure have hard feeling if he can't continue with ROS as I can no longer seeing lovely Daehanie appearing on scene. I know that day will come eventually but hope this would only happen at the end of this year.

• Like 9

I heart pounded at the same time it felt sort of heavy as I read the news about SIK considering sageuk drama.  I will be praying every morning and night from this day on for KBS to accommodate SIK's schedule in order for him to have both.  I know there will be other people involved in the drama filming, it's very difficult to accomodate SIK's schedule, therefore, I have to pray.  For me, it will be a loss-loss situation if the conflicting schedule can't be soved,  :(

@yvonneallen, good luck with your move, on the river sounds very good.  :)

Love you all SIKers and the triplets lovers. :wub: I'm pretty sure all the SIKers feel excited.  We haven't seen him in a drama for a long time.  I don't think he should miss this opportunity.  For the triplets lovers, I'm pretty sure you feel kind of sad, but please pray with me.

thank you charmy2

• Like 5

Someone on Soompi mentioned a good point. KBS won't shoot themselves on the foot like this. They know just how valuable SIK and the triplets are to the RoS ratings. 

Plus, Cha Tae Hyun has managed to act in 'Producers' and shoot for 1N2D at the same time. Let's hope SIK appa is able to do the same thing. KBS would probably be flexible for his shooting days as well. This article about him choosing one or the other is probably just to garner media and to promote the upcoming drama. Fighting Song Il Kuk Appa! :)

• Like 8

Oh Daehan, you're such a sweet boy, giving appa SIK a big hug. You always amazed me! :wub:

tumblr_nqbcumevC61qdxrpuo2_250.gif

And Manse... you're super cute last episode. You talk so well until Minguk has to stop you, haha!

tumblr_nqbcumevC61qdxrpuo4_250.gif  tumblr_nqbaydSuEK1qdxrpuo4_250.gif

And this part of the episode is truly heart-warming!

tumblr_nqbe0fV7Wy1qdxrpuo4_500.gif

tumblr_nqbe0fV7Wy1qdxrpuo1_500.gif

tumblr_nqbe0fV7Wy1qdxrpuo3_500.gif

Appa SIK, we love you  and your family so dearly!

tumblr_nqbe0fV7Wy1qdxrpuo2_500.gif

Edited by Chellsee
  • Like 14

Hi Ladies:  Well, I have been patiently waiting for SIK to do another historical drama, and maybe it will now happen. I do hope that he does takes the offer, but we have to wait and see..............It's good news K.B.

Good to know you're still silently watching us, Mr. Hummer!

If it pulls through, it's going to be a Joseon historical drama, not like Jumong where  he'd wear armor and yield his sword on the horse.

But it would still satisfy our thirst.

@chellsee, the 2 babysitter men are definitely from I Am You and BD/FM with SIK.  They have become his brothers since the first season of I Am You.  It's so sweet to see how they take care of the boys. 

Edited by KonaBeans
  • Like 10

Guest leix_

It's definitely a good news for those who've been waiting for him to return to drama.
The decision will all come down to SIK. Even if the schedule permits him to do both, it may be too tiring for him.
I wonder why KBS offered this to him when he still has ROS, though? They know it's gonna make him divide his time.

I still believe they would be exiting ROS this year, and this drama sort of became one reason. I would want him to do both, of course.

This is just the sweetest thing. Minguk's handwritten message!!!

I've always thought that kids' handwritten messages with their messy handwriting is the sweetest thing. It's just cute and heartwarming to see messages from those cute little hands especially because you know they made effort to write those words.
It warmed my heart when he said IT'S ALRIGHT to his dad after waking up. He must've been feeling uncomfortable riding but it seems like he understood what his dad was doing so he was willing to cheer him on despite the speed and the wind. Smart and sweet, Song Minguk. He can even converse with adults now. :sweatingbullets:
And Daehan, the waterboy. Always ready with water for their dad and always there to feed Manse. :P

I don't know if they came in last but it looked they were the last racer during the cycling part. I don't even know if they qualified to the time limit. Whatever the result, the ending was still the best with all four of them at the finish line.

Xru8Y9H.pngXx7OFWE.png

6dwi0nK.png?1

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Edited by leix_

Man Se Asks His Brothers for Water in the Most Adorable Way on “Superman Returns”

tumblr_nqdtdifHmy1tjt42ro1_540.jpg

Though the Song triplets are always cute, most would agree that they are the most lovable when they talk to each other.

On the episode of KBS 2TV’s “Superman Returns” aired on June 21, the triplets visit a buffet that is fit to settle their feverous appetite.

Once Song Il Kook leaves the table to get his children food, Man Se says, “Hey Min Gook, will you give me some water,” in an adorably polite manner.

He continues to ask Dae Han, saying, “Hey Dae Han, will you give me some water,” while the responsible older brother passes on his cup.

Watching the two exchange cups, Min Gook, too, desperately asks, “Hey Man Se, will you give me some water? Min Gook is coughing.”

Watch the clip below!

Meanwhile, on this episode of “Superman Returns,” Song Il Kook and his triplets finished a triathlon.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/06/22/man-se-asks-his-brothers-for-water-in-the-most-adorable-way-on-superman-returns/

Edited by Chellsee
  • Like 9

Song Il Kook Receives Drama Offer, Must Choose Between Drama and “Superman Returns”?

It's the best news in a long time.  Actually SIK's last TV drama is JTBC's Kimchi Family in 2012.

I did some searching and found that Jang Yeong Sil is a historical figure.  He was a Korean scientist and astronomer during the Joseon Dynasty (1392–1897).   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jang_Yeong-sil 

Let's hope the schedule will work out so he can appear in both.

Fighting SIK and SIKers!!!

I totally agree, @KonaBeans. It’s the best news concerning SIK – the actor that we’ve got lately and I have the feeling that, this time, the chance to watch SIK playing in a new sageuk is real. In one of the February editions of KBS Entertainment Weekly (broadcasted with subtitles on April 3) Director Kang Seungyeon was mentioning the reasons why actors do more and more variety shows nowadays. One of these reasons was that filming for variety shows does not require a large amount of time, which allows actors playing in a movie or drama to accommodate their schedules and appear in both types of shows. She was also talking about variety shows as a means of improving actors’ image and increasing their popularity with a corresponding gain in their respective careers and financial status. SIK was given as a solid example.

On the other hand, I am beginning to realize why KBS World is rerunning “Detectives in Trouble / Crime Squad”, the latest KBS drama in which SIK appeared. Maybe they are trying to reiterate the image of SIK as a successful (KBS) actor and combine it with his successful-father image, created through a KBS variety show, in order to draw the public attention on a future KBS drama production.  Anyway, these are my thoughts, based LOL on my longing to see our dear “born to be an actor” SIK acting again. And, since there’s little chance for us to watch his most recent movies with English subtitles, I place my hopes on his accepting a role in a drama as soon as possible.

Thank you for the link to Wikipedia. I can easily see our SIK in the role of Jang Yeong-sil.

• Like 8

Song Il Kook Receives Drama Offer, Must Choose Between Drama and “Superman Returns”?

It's the best news in a long time.  Actually SIK's last TV drama is JTBC's Kimchi Family in 2012.

I did some searching and found that Jang Yeong Sil is a historical figure.  He was a Korean scientist and astronomer during the Joseon Dynasty (1392–1897).   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jang_Yeong-sil 

Let's hope the schedule will work out so he can appear in both.

Fighting SIK and SIKers!!!

On the other hand, I am beginning to realize why KBS World is rerunning “Detectives in Trouble / Crime Squad”, the latest KBS drama in which SIK appeared. Maybe they are trying to reiterate the image of SIK as a successful (KBS) actor and combine it with his successful-father image, created through a KBS variety show, in order to draw the public attention on a future KBS drama production.  Anyway, these are my thoughts, based LOL on my longing to see our dear “born to be an actor” SIK acting again. And, since there’s little chance for us to watch his most recent movies with English subtitles, I place my hopes on his accepting a role in a drama as soon as possible.

Thank you for the link to Wikipedia. I can easily see our SIK in the role of Jang Yeong-sil.

Certainly a difficult question for Song Il Gook and his clan to consider.  It will not be easy for him or anyone to manage both shows but if he does decide to do the saguk but stop the Superman series which would mean the triples are off the TV screen I am not sure he will be allowed anywhere near the TV Land!

Edited by seungshinl
  • Like 5