[Drama 2021-2022] Now, We Are Breaking Up, 지금, 헤어지는 중입니다

twtwb

15 hours ago, ximas last said:

I thought im the only one who hv complaint about the storyline. If not because of Kyo I'll probably drop this drama long ago. I hv never watch any of this PD and writers project before so didn't really know their works but NWBU hv so many loopholes and the drama didn't hv much 'drama' to kind of glue u to keep on watching. Too slow pace and something is just feel missing, and sometimes too flat. As much as i hated YJ I hope her character can bring more extra spicy plot to the storyline. Come on show us some climax. I blamed myself sometimes because im expecting way too much maybe.

I agree tbh. The problem is the story and plot feels really flat. When we watch drama, there is something that you want to looking forward or make you curious but not for this drama. I only watch it because of SHK but now Idk anymore. 

I agree too about SYJ, she looked powerful in today eps (in the begining) but its just ended like that. . .? Its not like I want villain to be too strong or anything but she didnt even do much damage, and it was resolved so fast, so I dont think she create any tension or HYE needs to worry about her at all, she is just too weak.

And the mom is also not YJG real mom, he can just ignoring her, I dont think he is also close to her mom because he spends most of his time in paris, he is not interested to the her company either, and he once said that he will pick over his woman over his parent approval. . So even his mom wont approve HYE, it also doesnt really matter? Both SYJ and YJG mom wont become a threat to HYE at all. Like YJG said, he could just move to paris and happily ever after, this drama actually doesnt need 16 eps, it could ended next week because there is nothing more to offer. 

So yeah the plot is really weak, I don't think director and actors can do too much to save it. The writer only have 1 project (misty) before this drama, and misty wasn't popular and have so much complain about the ending

Edited by Skysky
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Skysky said:

I agree tbh. The problem is the story and plot feels really flat. When we watch drama, there is something that you want to looking forward or make you curious but not for this drama. I only watch it because of SHK but now Idk anymore. 

I agree too about SYJ, she looked powerful in today eps (in the begining) but its just ended like that. . .? Its not like I want villain to be too strong or anything but she didnt even do much damage, and it was resolved so fast, so I dont think she create any tension or HYE needs to worry about her at all, she is just too weak.

And the mom is also not YJG real mom, he can just ignoring her, I dont think he is also close to her mom because he spends most of his time in paris, he is not interested to the her company either, and he once said that he will pick over his woman over his parent approval. . So even his mom wont approve HYE, it also doesnt really matter? Both SYJ and YJG mom wont become a threat to HYE at all. Like YJG said, he could just move to paris and happily ever after, this drama actually doesnt need 16 eps, it could ended next week because there is nothing more to offer. 

So yeah the plot is really weak, I don't think director and actors can do too much to save it. The writer only have 1 project (misty) before this drama, and misty wasn't popular and have so much complain about the ending

My observation and understanding it is the story is about HYE and YJG, their journey, from the day they miss to meet in Paris until they finally meet in Korea. Like the director said their is no Vilain. There is no murder etc....Why need a vilain when most of people are against you and your relationship? It is why the story looks flat. The importance of the supporting character in this kind of drama is also the problem, because they do not focus on the leads, while it is the leads' journey (like TWWL). But, it is may be why SHK chose this drama, because the focus was not just on her. Plus she light wanted to  play safe after a 2/3 years break and before to try solething different with The Glory.

If you look at each episode HYE has an issue and go into trouble in each of them, between Soo Wan and The One. She is still miserable at The One, even if she is staying and work hard to succed. In real life lot of people are still staying in their company because they do not have other opportunity to leave a company they do not like to work somewhere else. People have to pay bills, loans. HYE has no money she is in the red almost every month, help her parents, pay bills, she earn not much for the work she is doing and is stille waiting for a promotion she is not sure fo have. I think it is why she is staying at The One and she knows she is there thanks to CEO Hwang too, so she has to stay too.

I think there is 16 episodes because they want to show us how far HYE and YJG can go with everyone against them. It looks like they will let them together because they know they will end up breaking up in some way. They want to show how much HYE is going to take before leaving The One if she does

YJ is powerfull and will make everything she can for HYE to failed. Everything that will happen to HYE's family and Mi sook will lead HYE to make choices regarding her relationship with Jae Guk and her work: 

- Her mom will ask for divorce

- Mi Sook is going to die

-Something with Chi Sook probably too.

The questions is what path HYE is going to choose?

There is hints like

The fate between HYE and YJG from the start 10 years ago in Paris

HYE being YJG's brother ex

Their age difference

YJG said he will go to Paris with her if they do not accept them in Korea.

Her feelings for YJG

YJG saying he will always be there for her, he will be the one at the end of the road

Her dad being friends with YJG

Mi Sook words and the fact she will eventually die

It feels like there is 50% end up together and 50% they will break up because of the title.

This drama looks more like a mixte of Rom com and Melo, it looks more a drama with a happy end than a sad one, but because of the writer it is hard to know.

• Like 9

With so many quality dramas airing during the weekend, viewers are facing some tough choices!

On December 4, SBS’s romance drama “Now We Are Breaking Up” rose to an average nationwide rating of 6.9 percent for its latest episode, marking an increase in viewership from its previous episode the night before.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/the-red-sleeve-and-now-we-are-breaking-up-continue-fierce-ratings-battle/#ixzz7E8cYVyoF

• Like 1

What can I say? I think HYE and YJG are becoming two of my favorite FL and ML. And together, they are already one of my favorite couples. I love how confident and strong they both are despite their vulnerabilities, they manage to rise above adversities being thrown their way while staying grounded and with their integrity intact. That’s a testament to their achievements and hard work through the years. 

Scrolling through Twitter, these two scenes caught my attention as they seem to show the progress of GukHa’s relationship this episode. In the beginning, their hugs and kisses are “behind closed doors”, in dark shadows or away from other people’s views. But as they spend more time together, get to know each other more and grow in their feelings for one another, they take their relationship to a more open level. That kiss at the store was proof of that. This couple has nothing to hide, they are strong and ready to face everyone with their head held high. Loved that moment what Young Eun told Jae Guk’s mom at the end too....what a brave woman!!:approves:

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Skysky said:

I understand the frustration. But i think there will be more trouble from YJ in incoming ep. From the preview she doesn't seem to stay quiet and just let it go. She will still tormenting YE. Just curious how she will do it since both YE and JG is a strong character. They will not just crush with the pressure.

Villian can be interpreted in many ways. For me there is no obvious villians or murderer (i really hope no but YJ seems psycho for me lol) but surely YJ and the mom is definitely the antagonist. We wait and see how they will interfere again. I get the feeling this time it will involved YE parents. And this SW jerk will it really just end here. We still don't get the answer for his crying and frustration before the accident.

Im kinda agree with the weak plot but i get a feeling the storyline will get heated soon. From SHK and JKY iv they hv mention there will be sad and roller coaster emotions between the two. So ya the antagonist won't make it easy for them. Come on gv us more drama writer nim.

There are some drama start with a strong plot but end up with disappointment because dragging storyline. I just hope NWBU will be the opposite. Start with slow pace and finish with boom is not that bad isn't it. Btw yesterday ep8 is so far the best for me at least. Mix of all elements and emotions. I cried for MS, angry, and happy all in one ep. This is what i hv been waiting for. Those thrill. I really hope the storyline will kick on now.

• Like 4

I just wacthed ep 7 and 8 together. I will not write a long message. I will just briefly write I like in those episodes

I liked

- Ha Young Eun indivudually

- Yoon jae Guk individually

- Mi Sook Individually

- Ha Young Eun and Yoon Jae Gook together

- Ha Young Eun and Mi Sook together

Half away of the drama I wonder what will happen on the second half...people talked about twist/teaser mood with the rings and the burning photos/ the titles, so my question is will Ha Young Eun loose

-Her best friend

-Her job

-Her Brand SONO

-Her love

Will she loose everything in the second half of the drama?

• Like 4

I'm catching both red sleeve and nwbu and I enjoyed both dramas! 

I always watch nwbu first though, bec of shk hahaha

Red sleeve is light hearted and hilarious. While nwbu is closer to reality. I do enjoy creative projects like zombies, action, historical, aliens, fantasies but end day these shows amaze due to fresh ideas etc serve as escape from reality but honestly you seldom learn much. 

Vs nwbu. I feel I understand why shk chose these projects.. create awareness, empathy, showing diff point of views and issues close to our realities,  so relevant to the times we lived in. (Or at least in Asia context) Thus I enjoyed mi sook arc v much. 

Love JG smile.. everytime I see his smile I feel infectious too!! I'm also finally liking director hwang a bit now, as shes finally showed some genuine friend support.

On 12/3/2021 at 9:40 PM, Pitchoum said:

Sooooo hot!!!

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote embedded tweets. Thanks!
  • Like 5

Ep 8 —

Parts I like:

— when HYE’s mum yanked the pillow from under the sleeping dad. This is such a relatable move, i literally loled
— HYE rescuing misook and the hospital scenes. I teared up with YE too
— CS kissing Do Hoon in front of her dad and sticking up for her friend

— HYE giving the Hills VP a ticking off. Daebak!

— HYE throwing the offer to reinstate Sono back in the face of the Hills’ GM. Then she gives a symbolic two-fingered salute to the woman (because surely she can view it on cctv) by kissing JG right in the middle of the department store. HYE has guts.

Also, there have been lines uttered by various people in eps 7 & 8, which can be seen as ripostes to Kyo’s antis. I don’t have the wherewithal to make screencap gifsets here. But here are some of the quotes:

Director Hwang: Koreans are so nosy when it comes to other people’s love lives. 

Seok Do Hoon: It means the past no longer affects her present.

Nam Na-ri: In this industry, people spread all sorts of groundless rumours. So of course this doesn’t surprise me. But can’t you at least try to be a little more inventive?

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2