Guest shiverbaby

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an older article but I don't think it had been posted here

Five Fun Facts About Yoo In Young

Sep 29, 2014

Yoo In Young

Only a few months ago Yoo In Young was balancing roles in two popular k-dramas. She played the girl whose murder Jun Ji Hyun was blamed for in "You Who Came From The Stars." At the same time she played Yon Feisal the warrior and trader in love with Korea's king in "Empress Ki."

Now she plays Mi Ryung Prince So Hyun's first love in "The Three Musketeers." She co-stars in the drama with Lee Jin Wook, who plays Prince Sohyun, and Jung Yong Hwa, who plays swordsman Park Dal Hyang. Here are a few more facts you may not know about this versatile actress:

1. She was not an overnight success, at least not in her own estimation. In an interview with BNT News, she talked about the slump she experienced as an actress. She thought she might always be typecast in certain roles and wondered if she would ever get a chance to play another kind of character.

"I once fell into a slump. Most of the roles I've played or cast for were 'rich bad girl.' I felt like I was stuck in that image," she said. "I believed I would meet my dream character when my time came. And that time eventually came." 

2. Yoo In Young began her career as a model, appearing in commercials such as the one she did for LG Telecom. She became known as the "la la la" girl because of her commercial roles. And she still models. In 2013 she became the Asian spokeswoman for Elizabeth Arden.

3. The actress also won a "Fashionista" award at the 2013 Asia Model Awards in Seoul. The award show recognizes the best in fashion and modeling in Asia. The award was based on her fashionable appearance at public outings.

4. Yoo In Young is passionate about baseball. In 2012, she chaperoned a group of Korean children to the Major League Baseball All-Star Game in Kansas City. She attended the game with Dynamic Duo's Choiza and Supreme Team's Simon D to represent MLB Korea.
"Yoo is best known for the combination of exotic Asian looks and a Westernized body. As a representative actress of Korea, Yoo was picked to attend the event," an MLB Korea spokesperson told the Joongang Daily.

5. She won a 2012 20th Korean Culture and Entertainment Award for Drama Excellence as an actress for her role in "Dummy Mommy." In the story about a genius whose mother is developmentally disabled, she was the only actor to win an award.

Source

New upcoming movie

Yoo In-yeong and Lee Won-geun join Kim Ha-neul in movie 'Schoolmistress'

photo612394.jpg

Director Kim Tae-yong-I's new movie project, "Schoolmistress" (working title) has completed casting by securing Yoo In-yeong and Lee Won-geun following after Kim Ha-neul.

"Schoolmistress" depicts a shocking story between two Schoolmistresss.

The movie depicts the fateful extraordinary story that would not have happened if the three people had not been at the same place together: Hyo-joo, a Schoolmistress at boys' high school, Hye-yeong, a newly hired novice teacher at the same school, Jae-ha, their student.

Rom-com queen Kim Ha-neul, the urban woman. Yoo In-yeong, who is ready for the exceptional transformation for her role, and the rookie actor Lee Won-geun's intense debut on big screen are anticipated to deliver the outstanding performance through director Kim Tae-yong-I's sophisticated and persistent method to portray each character. Movie "Schoolmistress" will begin filming this summer.

Source: http://tr.im/ODIVv

Will Entertainment shares adorable childhood pictures of actress Yoo In Young

July 8, 2015

yoo-in-young_1436383114_af_org.jpg

Agency Will Entertainment showered their actress Yoo In Young with love by uploading special childhood pictures of her on July 8 to show off her beauty since youth!  

They wrote, "We reveal Yoo In Young's childhood pictures!  Even when she was in kindergarten, she had piercing eyes, nose, lips and superior height; starting from her first impression, she's unlike others ^^"  There are four pictures from her kindergarten days!  

Currently, she's acting in 'Mask.'  Isn't she cute?

yoo-in-young_1436383465_yooinyoung.jpg

Source

"The Time I Loved You" Lee Jin-wook cheers for "Mask" Yoo In-yeong

photo612148.jpg

Lee Jin-wook and Yoo In-yeong had a surprise gathering.

Will Entertainment posted on its official Facebook, "Won and Mi-yeon had a surprise meeting! Lee Jin-wook and Yoo In-yeong took a picture of proof together!"

"The Time I Loved You" Lee Jin-wook and "Mask" Yoo In-yeong cheer for each other sincerely.

The picture was taken at the poster making location of "The Time I Loved You" and the two are smiling brightly at the camera. They show off beauty and handsomeness despite the fact that they are dressed casually.

Yoo In-yeong heard that Lee Jin-wook was nearby where she was filming "Mask" and visited him. They were happy to see each other and then started talking about their work. They didn't forget to advise each other about their professions and showed how much they supported each other.

Meanwhile, Lee Jin-wook's "The Time I Loved You" can be seen every weekend at 10PM and "Mask" every Wednesday and Thursday.

Source: http://tr.im/ytVEC

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

12 Korean Actresses Who Look Better With Short Hair

There is a Korean saying, “You are thirteen times more beautiful when you grow out your hair.”

Contrary to that saying, there are many actresses who became even more famous and beloved after getting a short hairstyle. Amazingly, we think that some of them have become even more beautiful after their haircuts!

Here are our top nine actresses who are loved for their short hair.

Keeping relevant material only

2. Yoo In Young

YooInYoung

source

So happy to hear this new casting news....  Yoo In-Young will be in upcoming drama "Oh My Venus" (which already has amazing cast!)

Yoo In Young and Henry join 'Oh My Venus'

bb99.jpg

Edaily - Naver: [Exclusive] Yoo In Young joins 'Oh My Venus' (formerly 'Oh My God')... confirmed lineup with So Ji Sub, Shin Minah and Jung Gyu Woon

1. [+2,136, -36] Nice. She's a good actress ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Looking forward to it!!

2. [+1,563, -17] Sseokun-ssi

3. [+1.146, -26] Han Yoora, long time no see

4. [+161, -5] An amazing actress like her should be playing lead roles

5. [+152, -10] I'm a woman and Yoo In Young's face is my type. It's elegant and exudes a certain ambience..

6. [+134, -3] I hope your character doesn't die this time ㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+119, -4] Sseokun-ssi, do you love me?

8. [+114, -2] Jeon Ji Hyun didn't overshadow her during their scenes together in YWCFTS. Looking forward to Jung Gyu Woon too

9. [+86, -4] Can't they give her the lead role for once? She always plays the villain

10.  [+71, -2] I wish to see her in a bubbly role. She got a bad ending in her previous drama so I hope she gets a better ending in this one

11. [+49, -4] The lineup is daebak

source

Yoo In Young Joins Cast of “Oh My Venus” with So Ji Sub and Shin Min Ah

Yoo In Young Joins Cast of “Oh My Venus” with So Ji Sub and Shin Min Ah

Yoo In Young has been confirmed to join the new KBS2 Monday-Tuesday miniseries “Oh My Venus.” She will be completing an already fantastic lineup that includes So Ji Sub and Shin Min Ah.

“Oh My Venus” is about a female lawyer and former “ulzzang” who seeks to regain her figure by working with a famous health trainer. The two polar opposites attempt a new diet regimen together and end up healing each other’s hidden scars. A story about loving the person inside rather than valuing outer looks, the drama is said to be a new genre called “health-focused healing romantic comedy.”

yoo in young

Yoo In Young recently acted in the SBS drama “Mask” with Soo Ae, Joo Ji Hoon, and Yeon Jung Hoon. She impressed viewers with her talented portrayal of a complex character as well as her beauty. Ever since last year’s “My Love Who Came From the Stars,” the actress has been quietly stealing scenes, showcasing her fantastic visuals in the recent film “Veteran” as Yoo Ah In’s female lead.

“Oh My Venus” is scheduled to air after “Sassy Go Go” has completed its run.

source

• 3 weeks later...

"Oh My Venus" Yoo In-yeong becomes Cleopatra

photo648634.jpg

Actress Yoo In-yeong has become Cleopatra.

Yoo In-yeong plays a pretty lawyer named Oh Soo-jin who used to weigh 120 KG but spent time and effort becoming a goddess in the drama "Oh My Venus".

She is Kang Joo-eun's (Sin Min-ah) friend and envies and has a sense of inferiority against her. She appears as Woo-sik's (Jeong Kyeo-woon) new girlfriend, ending the 15 year relationship with Joo-eun.

The first day Yoo In-yeong appeared as lawyer Oh Soo-jin was on the 26th, at a hotel in Gangnam.

Yoo In-yeong cut her bangs short to become the lawyer. As a result, she turned up at the site looking like Cleopatra and the staff cheered.

In addition, the producer introduced Yoo In-yeong to the site and everyone shouted and cheered for her name. Despite the fact that the making went on until over 2AM, she didn't show any signs of exhaustion.

The scene taken on this day was of running into Sin Min-ah while Yoo In-yeong and Jeong Kyeo-woon were walking together in the hotel. Yoo In-yeong is a tall actress who is over 172 CM in height. She looked like a model walking along and looked like a Barbie doll.

After the first take, Yoo In-yeong said, "I was nervous but the staff made me feel comfortable. I heard for a while that the atmosphere on set was great but I felt it personally and I think this is going to be fun".

The production company said, "We thought of many actresses for the role of Soo-jin but we couldn't think of anyone more suitable than Yoo In-yeong, with her perfect bodyline and beauty".

Meanwhile, "Oh My Venus" is a romantic comedy about a worldwide famous health trainer and ugly and fat woman who turns into a goddess one day and attempt at going on a diet. The first episode will start on the 16th of November.

source

Yoo In Young Sports A Stylish Pageboy in 'Oh My Venus'

Yoo In Young

Recently several k-drama actresses have sported shorter haircuts. Moon Geun Young wears her hair shorter in "The Village: Achiara's Secret." Kim Tae Hee trimmed her hair in the middle of "Yong Pal" and Go Jun Hee looks stylish in a pixie cut in "She Was Pretty."

Now it's Yoo In Young's turn to sport a sleek new style. She's had short hair for a drama role before but never this particular look. She wore her hair short in "Mask" when she played the jealous sister-in-law. And it was even shorter when the actress played Jun Ji Hyun's frenemy in "You Who Came From The Stars." For her role in "Oh My Venus," she's coiffed in a sleek pageboy cut with bangs.

Her character in the drama is Oh Soo Jin. Oh is a successful and self-confident lawyer who gave herself a makeover by losing weight and adopting a more sophisticated look. She's the best friend of Kang Joo Eun, played by Shin Min Ah. In the drama she inspires Shin Min Ah's character to shape up. To do so, Shin Min Ah begins training with a personal trainer, played by So Ji Sub.

The drama begins airing on November 16 and filming is already underway. When Yoo In Young turned up on set the first day she was complimented on her new look. In the first scene she filmed she is walking with her drama boyfriend, played by Jung Kyeo Woon, when she runs into her friend, played by Shin Min Ah

According to the Korean media outlet The Star, the production company was happy with Yoo's sophisticated good looks, which were deemed perfect for the role.

An unnamed production company representative said that many actresses were considered for the role of Soo Jin but that Yoo In Young was perfect.

"But we couldn't think of anyone more suitable than Yoo In Young with her perfect body line and beauty."

Before she began acting, Yoo In Young was a commercial model. She was the first Korean actress to represent the Elizabeth Arden cosmetics brand. Yoo had her first drama role in 2005 and has appeared in dramas such as "My Husband Got A Family," "Ad Genius Lee Tae Baek" and "Empress Ki." She can be seen in two films this year, "Female Teacher" and "Veteran."

source

• 2 weeks later...

18 Glamorous photos of Shin Min Ah, So Ji Sub, Henry, and more at the Oh My Venus press conference

Keeping only relevant material

2b2950a9-3f10-417f-abc3-d6f34c533238.png

The stars were out in their best fashion for the November 11 Oh My Venus press conference. So Ji SubShin Min AhHenryJung Gyu WoonYoo In Young, and Sung Hoon all made appearances to promote the November 16 series premiere. Take a look!

Yoo In Young, also choosing all black. Are they trying to make it clear that they're villains?

3a7cbcba-8735-42e2-a0ef-cede17fceddf.jpg

effa48ea-34ae-4530-85e5-51a9980939a6.jpg

eff8140a-ffeb-4c46-a2e5-f74c7623749c.jpg

764b30ab-b119-46d1-9530-4d9361ea0b05.png

13c019b9-1154-48ce-9284-be94a95e8b55.jpg

4c0b6480-c88a-465a-9619-5ef6b7b636d2.jpg

Source: DramaFever Blog

• 3 weeks later...

What Yoo In Young Did Before The Fat Suit

Yoo In Young

Yoo In Young plays two versions of herself in the drama "Oh My Venus." She's the mean slim lawyer Oh Soo Jin. In flashbacks she's also the heavier and much nicer version of herself. The thinner she got, the meaner she got.

And that means trouble for her co-star Shin Min Ah.

The actress has been something of a chameleon in the past few years, switching back and forth between sophisticated mean girl and fierce and furious characters. And her k-drama styles have followed suit, ranging from sultry sophistication to warrior gear. Here are a few of her most recent roles and the looks that accompany them.

"Mask"

150611-6-h264-aac-720p-cinebus-mp4_20150

In this drama she was delusional and sociopathic but oh-so-well-dressed. She played Choi Mi Yeon, the wife of the ambitious man played by Yun Jung Hoon. She was a killer but so delusional that it all seemed worth it to hold onto her man. She was bad but somehow still pitiable. And she wore some beautiful, stylish clothes, befitting a rich but emotionally troubled heiress.

"The Three Musketeers"

first-look-at-jung-yong-hwa-yoo-in-young

In "The Three Musketeers" she played Jo Mi Ryeong, a woman who sought power after being hurt by the prince, played by Lee Jin Wook. She was fierce, devious, and did not hesitate to get what she wanted. As a powerful woman, she wore the clothes befitting her station. As she acquired her power and fortune in China, they did have a Chinese flair and palette.

"Empress Ki"

bf6g1etcyaa0d-i-jpg.jpg?w=600

In "Empress Ki," she played Yon Bi Su, the fierce but noble warrior chieftainess who allies herself with the Korean king because she loves him. While she had occasion to dress in women's clothing, she most often wore fighting clothes, chopped off hair and brandished a sword. In "Empress Ki" it's Joo Jin Mo's character she wants the most and because she loves him she eventually pays the ultimate price.

"You Who Came From The Stars"

yoo-in-young-png.png?w=600

In "You Who Came From The Stars" Yoo In Young was an ambitious actress, whose chief competition was Jun Ji Hyun's character. She dressed like a star. But she was also ambitious to make a good marriage and it was the means she took toward that end that ended her life.

In all these roles, Yoo In Young plays a woman who is ambitious and prepared to pay the price for what she wants. And her k-drama wardrobe has run the gamut from historical to modern, conservative to flashy, and frumpy to stylish. Whatever she wears, except maybe for that "Oh My Venus" fat suit, Yoo In Young always looks good.

Source

Meet Yoo In Young, the Girl You Love to Hate

Meet Yoo In Young, the Girl You Love to Hate

Oftentimes, an actor pulls us into her character so much that she reminds us more of her various roles rather than the real personality; Yoo In Young is one of these actors. Yoo in Young (born Yoon Hyo Min) made her acting debut in 2005 after getting her start as a CF model for brands such as LG Telecom.Over the course of her career, she has managed to pull off multiple characters, but the ones that many fans remember are her most villainous and tragic. Let’s take a look at some of her most memorable characters.

Yoon Ja Kyung (“Loveholic”)

Yoo In Young Loveholic

In 2005, Yoo In Young starred in “Loveholic” as a radio show host who harbored a one-sided crush on the male lead, played by Kangta. Yoo In Young has mentioned before she always thought she’d be typecast as the “bad girl,” and one can assume it’s due to her earlier portrayals of such characters that she pulls off bad so well.

Han Yoo Ra (“My Love From the Star”)

YIY1

Yoo In Young’s role as the late actress Han Yoo Ra in “My Love From the Star” was brief, but her four episode appearance was memorable and basically set the tone for the main plot. Han Yoo Ra and Cheon Song Yi (Jun Ji Hyun) were rivals and were known to not get along so when the former was found dead, her rival is suddenly accused of causing her suicide and becomes the topic of scrutiny online and off. What made her such a memorable — and I dare say likable — character is how Yoo In Young portrayed her as someone who wasn’t just a rival to the main character, but a person who had depth and shouldn’t have died in the manner in which she did.

Choi Mi Yeon (“Mask”)

YIY3

Earlier this year, Yoo In Young starred in “Mask” as Choi Mi Yeon, Joo Ji Hoon‘s older sister who wasn’t above homicide to get what she wanted. Choi Mi Yeon is what I would consider a tragic character; she was very lonely despite her wealth, stuck in an unhappy marriage — and one-sided love. She often drowned her sorrows in alcohol while trying to fix her crumbling marriage even when she knew it was hopeless. In the beginning, you want to hate her, but can’t due to how similar she is to her younger brother. Both had it hard and they coped with their loneliness in different ways, with Choi Min Woo (Joo Ji Hoon) eventually finding someone who loves him enough to help him get through it.

Oh Soo Jin (“Oh My Venus”)

YIY2

In Yoo In Young’s most recent role in “Oh My Venus,” she plays the top lawyer Oh Soo Jin, who use to be best friends with Shin Min Ah‘s character, Kang Joo Eun. Oh Soo Jin is beautiful, but we have seen her to have low self-esteem that traces back to her college days when she was overweight. Since her appearance, Oh Soo Jin has begun dating Kang Joo Eun’s ex-boyfriend, Im Woo Sik (Jung Gyu Woon), and has made things very difficult for herself. This can be another “bad” role for Yoo In Young, but we see that Oh Soo Jin is so much more than just an antagonist; the writers have shown that she harbors jealousy and an inferiority complex when it comes to her old bestie. Kang Joo Eun still has her ex-boyfriend looking after her as well as a new person who has taken an interest in her. Oh Soo Jin is a complex character who is far from the cookie cutter one-dimensional villains we’re used to seeing.

Apart from these dramas, Yoo In Young has been in many dramas such as “A Man Called God” alongside Song Il Gook and Han Chae Young, “The Three Musketeers” with Lee Jin Wook and Yang Dong Geun, as well as “Empress Ki” alongside Ha Ji WonJoo Jin Mo, and Ji Chang Wook.

Ten years into her career, she manages to always amaze us with her portrayal of her characters no matter the genre. Currently she’s starring in “Oh My Venus” as Shin Min Ah’s former friend-turned-boss, Oh Soo Jin. As her recognition as an actress continues to rise, we can only wish for her next role to be a main lead. What were some of your favorite roles by Yoo In Young?

LavelyShai is just a simple Californian who happens to have a [slight] obsession with K-Dramas. You can follow her on Twitter to see more of her ramblings.

source

@LavelyShai, What a great article! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yoo In Young carries her intensity from Oh My Venus to Goodbye, Mr. Black

2deb38e2-2ebe-439d-98a9-5fb76d8ee265.jpg

Now that she's reached her fair ending in Oh My Venus, beautiful actress Yoo In Young will next join revenge drama Goodbye, Mr. Black, which stars Moon Chae Won and Lee Jin Wook. Will she play another character that audiences tend to hate?

In case you haven't noticed, Yoo In Young seems to have carved a niche in playing female antagonists that generate a strong emotional reaction from the audiences. In a recent string of highly rated dramas including MaskThe Three Musketeers, and Oh My Venus, the statuesque beauty brings the necessary intensity to her characters to add depth to those plots that contain intrigue and revenge elements. 

She is also quite a chameleon in adopting a new look for each new role.

Oh Soo Jin in Oh My Venus:

7bb1e90d-aab8-4b37-8840-9ce9a417bf7b.jpg

Mi Yeon in Mask:

93c08c2e-8127-42cb-8496-7417efb78f7f.jpg

Jo Mi Ryung in The Three Musketeers:

b0823904-3993-47a8-a5d0-6eb129c855ad.jpg

What will she look like as the female antagonist in Goodbye Mr. Black?

According to initial synopsis, Yoo In Young will play Lee Jin Wook's first love who ended up marrying his enemy. The two actors also happened to play ex-lovers in The Three Musketeers. Expect them to continue their sizzling but dangerous chemistry in the new drama where Moon Chae Won will pretend to be married to Lee Jin Wook to help him exact his revenge.

The awesome cast also includes Song Jae RimKim Kang Woo, and Daniel Henney

Goodbye, Mr. Black is expected to premiere in March 2016. 

Don't you agree that March needs to come sooner? Which actor in the cast are you most anxiously waiting to see?

Source: DramaFever Blog

Archived