[THE OFFICIAL] RM (알엠) / Kim Nam Joon (김남준) Thread ♪♫ ♫♪

bohmi

Posted on April 30, 2022.

Cafe Stammtisch’s owner Instagram Update

dzqt1OS.jpg

Today’s surprise.
A famous young guy came for a visit.

Since it’s a privacy, I can’t tell you who he is….;;

The famous young guy holds the customer who’s going to leave as there’s no seat... saying please sit down... Whoa~  the consideration he had that much ^^

Anyway, a small holiday event! Thank you!!

Source (1) (2) (3)

That famous young guy is me, RM :lol:

rgOatyh.jpg

June 6, 2022

Works by abstract artist Rhee Seundja gain recognition after auction record, RM picture

Works by Rhee Seundja (1918-2009), one of the few female first-generation Korean abstract artists, are attracting renewed attention after one of her paintings fetched a record high price for the artist at a Hong Kong auction late last month and RM, leader of boy band BTS, unveiled another painting by Rhee as part of his art collection on his Instagram account in late April.

Rhee’s 1961 painting titled “Subitement la loi (A Sudden Law),” was sold for 5,670,000 Hong Kong dollars ($722,700) at Christie’s Hong Kong on May 26.

The work is one of her paintings created in the early 1960s, which the artist herself categorized as “Woman and the Earth” paintings. They are characterized by thick textures and geometric motifs reminiscent of ancient East Asian characters.

1aa92e70-1b9c-49b5-8888-233b9dc98f50.jpg

Previously, the artist’s highest-priced work was “Le vent en témoigne (The Wind Testifies)” (1965), which fetched 5,625,000 Hong Kong dollars at Christie’s Hong Kong auction on Dec. 1, 2021.

On April 30, RM, whose real name is Kim Nam-joon, uploaded four close-up shots of the painting on his Instagram account. Market insiders confirmed that the painting is now part of the K-pop superstar’s collection. RM is known as not just an art collector but also an earnest supporter of Korean 20th century, modern artists.

“The Wind Testifies” is also part of Rhee’s “Woman and the Earth” series. These paintings reflect nostalgia for the motherland and longing for her own mother and her three children, according to the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art.

Rhee experienced her three young children being taken away from her by a divorce in the extremely patriarchal society of 1950s Korea, in the midst of the Korean War. Then, she left her home country for Paris, and her art bloomed there. The MMCA held a large-scale retrospective of Rhee in 2018 at its Gwacheon branch in Gyeonggi to celebrate her 100th birthday.

Korea JoongAng Daily

June 13, 2022

RM Changed His Lyrics ("Born Singer") During BTS 'Proof' Live Performance

Frankly, I was scared said I'm all that, but proving myself
I only had pens and books now I gotta wow the world
I dunno, what if I can't live up to the world's expectations
I was scared, what if I let down everyone who believed in me
Lift my heavy shoulders and climb onto my first stage
A moment of silence, I catch my breath
The people I used to watch are now watching me
Everyone I've always admired on TV are now below me
The one-time-only play started quickly like a flash of light
It only took 3 minutes to show my 3 years a fierce fight with the mic
Though it's only a few seconds, I pour my all into it, I'm f***ing real

Hey man, what's your dream? Mine is to become a rap star, can't you feel?
Hey man, what's your dream? Mine is simply to become me, can't you feel?

And then the moment I step down, the cheers,
Yeah I could read your mind, I could read your mind
A smile instead of a question mark
The members silently pat me on the back

It feels like just yesterday but 20 days have passed
It feels like just yesterday but 10 years have passed

And let the haters hate on me, it's their job
And let the haters hate on me, let the lovers love on me

While you fiddled with your keyboard, I fulfilled my dreams
Sunglasses, hairstyle, know why you hating

Whatever, at 20 I'm still better off than you
Whatever, at 29 I'm still better off than you

Haha

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

Runch Randa and Underground Scene

On June 11, Zico updated his Instagram story with a screen shot of RM’s rap lyrics in BTS’s “Yet To Come.” He then wrote, “Oh this is totally Runch Randa s**t.”

The RM’s rap lyrics says, “Like I’m 13 years old again, spitting bars just like I did back then.”

Runch Randa is one of RM’s pre-debut stage names. RM and Zico used to be active as underground rappers back in the days by the name Runch Randa and Nakseo respectively.

Spoiler

JDlP28c.jpg

Spoiler

Unofficial collab song of Nakseo (Zico) and Runch Randa (RM), “Fu*k Cockroachez” released in 2008.

Long before Kim Namjoon became RM, the leader of BTS, he was tearing up the underground hip hop scene under the names Runch Randa, Largo, The Nexist, and Stealo. RM started rapping in 2007, and during this time he was active on Jungle Radio, an underground hip hop cafe.

RM had already become quite well known within the underground scene by this time despite being 14 years old. RM was huge and well respected in the underground scene.

In 2008, Zico made a diss song toward rapper Philopon, and referenced that Philopon had already lost to RM.

→  “You got your a*s handed to you by 15 year old Runch.”

Many fellow rappers also mentioned ‘Runch Randa’ multiple times in their lyrics. (1) (2)

→  “I’m more jealous of Runch Randa than Nas or AZ.”

→  “Last year I heard Runch Randa for the first time // At that time he was 1st year middle school? What was I doing then?”

→  “It must have looked cool since we had '94 Runch.”

→  “Randa, Delcco and them are the best.”

When DaeNamHyup (underground Hip Hop crew) released their first song without RM (as he was busy), people said : →  “There’s no need for a 94liner without Runch.”

During “Map of the Soul: 7 – The Journey” promotion (2020), the members talked about their first impressions of each other.

Suga : “For Namjoon, I watched his videos and listened to his music before he (Namjoon) joined the company. So when I first met him, it was pretty fascinating, but at that time, there was that.. groundless confident? like ‘pft~ tsk~ if I’d go against him, I’d be better..’  because I was young, I had thoughts like ‘I’d win~ I’d win if I were put against him..’  but it was fascinating at first.”

Other translations,

Suga : “For Namjoon, I had already heard his songs and seen videos before going to Big Hit. When I saw him for the first time, it was fascinating. But at younger times I was like: ‘Whatever it is, I must do better, and I must win at all things, and if I get on the field (for a match), I must win..’  It was like that but.. It was fascinating/interesting when I first met him.”

From BTS 2022 Season’s Greetings.
Q. “Who’s your biggest idol/star?”  Jung Kook : “Runch Randa.”

Spoiler

d8ee84454192d68c78071a25f7756cdac8a4e5d1

9430cf0a724e241e05358c8382ec76e074a2148d

Source (1) (2) (3)

Credit/Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

@zicostaff, @prodk0ya, allkpop, koreaboo