[THE OFFICIAL] RM (알엠) / Kim Nam Joon (김남준) Thread ♪♫ ♫♪

bohmi

2022.06.25  Producer/CEO Miho Moon’s Instagram post :

Spoiler

RM with artist Etsu Egami.

FWGXBopWQAIOWhI?format=jpg&name=large

June 14 First Choice VIP Opening. RM, who accurately remembered and recognised the name of the artist who went around together with him throughout Art Basel.

I’m posting this after I saw that RM posted his Art Basel pictures which were his personal schedule on his Instagram.

Indeed what a polite person RM is. He has such a high-level eye for looking at art, and also has such polite manners that while he was greeting the artists and the way he was approaching the artwork (talking about their art), it even made us who were looking at them nod our heads.

That’s why they’re BTS, that’s why he’s RM… a world star who’s even got an easygoingness/lack of ceremony, RM who the world is proud of!

Source (1) (2) (3)

2022.06.15  Journalist Park Hee Ah’s Twitter update. RM’s note on the album (HYYH pt.2 — 2015) :

Spoiler

FVRuIXvUAAEQFnv?format=jpg&name=4096x409

To. Park Hee-ah reporter-nim ♡ Hello!

That you saw me since Hongdae*, it’s an honor. Many things have changed and passed but the truth is that the one thing that’s remained is that I’m still doing music. I thank you since you’re one of the very few people who recognized that. I will also gratefully read your book.

- RM -

*Hongdae is where the underground rap scene is and is referring to his underground rapper days.

Source (1) (2)

2022.06.16  Artist Hur Seunghee’s Instagram post :

Spoiler

BZm0vZu.jpg

“This exhibit was held in March but I heard from the HOARD (gallery) CEO that RM-nim sat in front of this painting and looked at it for a long time.

I wondered a bit and imagined what kind of mindset he had that made him stop & look at this painting. Also [wondered about] the other paintings he bought..
It’s already been a long time since they’ve had to make another side road so that they themselves and their fans wouldn’t get hurt.
My heart hurt a bit thinking about how he must have agonized and agonized again about how to not exhaust themselves and be together for a long time.
I really think that they’ve thought long and hard about this.

You. Did. The. Right. Thing.
Everyone N.E.E.D.S. rest.
Artists especially need it.
I support their direction.

And more than anything thank you.

Why am I crying while listening to them talk about their direction _”

2022.06.14  Yassin J. Adam’s Twitter update. A message to RM :

Source (1) (2) (3)

“Meet Who?” Trends Worldwide After BTS’s RM Is Revealed As The Inspiration For The Newest Character In Author Graci Kim’s Book

When it comes to the members of BTS, their popularity has become so well-known worldwide that it has become common for global outlets to use the group as motivation, whether it’s television, art, or books.

Recently, it seems as if one member has become a true muse for a book all because the author is an ARMY… and it is leader RM.

Since debuting, the idol has not only gained attention for his dazzling visuals and talent but the fact that his leadership skills have allowed BTS to thrive both in Korea and globally.

Unsurprisingly, it has meant that he’s at the top of many people’s bias list, including author Graci Kim. Graci Kim is a Korean-Kiwi diplomat who recently tried her hand at writing and has released a series of books since 2021, and has just released her latest title The Last Fallen Moon.

Yet, just because she is new to the game doesn’t mean she hasn’t made an impact. In particular, a tweet from fellow author and creator of the Percy Jackson series Rick Riordan recently promoted the new book on his Twitter. Yet, it was the character introduced in the book that caught ARMYs’ attention… because it was a dragon called Namjoon.

As soon as the tweet was sent, the phrase “Meet Who” started trending…was ARMYs wanted to know all about this newest character that had to be related to RM, whose real name is Kim Namjoon.

Of course, it could’ve just been a coincidence. Luckily, author Graci Kim was on hand to confirm that it was RM-inspired because of the beautiful shape of RM’s eyes which can resemble a dragon.

In a reply to the tweet, the author showcased her love for the idol and explained that he was the inspiration, adding, “I heart him so much he made his way into my books. I hope you like them too!”

Source (1) (2) (3)

Miu Sakamoto (Ryuichi Sakamoto’s daughter) Twitter update :

I was very surprised and happy about Namjoon posting ‘Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence’ on his Instagram story at midnight that I told my father about it.
But most of all, I received many dms and ARMYs were happy as if it were about themselves. It made me realize again that ARMYs are really amazing. Lovable ARMYs, who can be happy about others and share that happiness together. I love you.

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

2020.04.18  Rewinding the Charts

On this day (April 18) in 2015, RM made his solo debut on Billboard’s World Albums chart with his ‘R.M.’ mixtape. Despite being released for free download and on Soundcloud, ‘R.M.’ eventually entered the chart at No. 12.

Spoiler

uzQFmoE.jpg

Source (1) (2)

McKay Kim Collaborates with BTS’ Rap Monster for “Month of June” Remix

With the month of June coming to an end, what better way to wrap up the month than to listen to McKay Kim’s “Month of June!”

While the original version of “Month of June” is a good addition to your summer playlist, this brand new rendition of the song will have you feeling like you’re relaxing on the beach, soaking up the sun.

McKay Kim of “K-Pop Star 2” recently shared a video in which he collaborated with BTS’ Rap Monster to put a bit of a hip-hop twist on the catchy acoustic melody with the addition of a rap verse.

The singer also uploaded a photo alongside the BTS member on his personal Twitter, saying, “Big thanks to Rap Monster for collaborating! It was a blast singing with you! See you soon brother!”

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

Lee Junhyuk of MIRAE, "RM is my role model."

From rookie K-pop boy group MIRAE's interview with The Korea Times.

MIRAE, which received the Rookie of the Year award at Mnet Japan Fan's Choice Awards in 2021, wrapped up the interview by talking about their role models and goals.

"RM, the leader of K-pop juggernaut BTS, is my role model," Lee said. "A lot of thoughts came to my mind after watching BTS' documentary, 'Burn the Stage: The Movie' (2018). I was particularly impressed by the ways RM treats his members. I want to be like him."

The Two Leaders   :approves:

WbyqeUD.jpg

lee-jun-hyuk-mirae.jpeg

Lee Jang-won, “Having a meal with RM, the most famous thing I did this year.”

On the June 22 broadcast of “Shoveling Today Season 2,” Lee Jang-won mentioned the recent meeting with BTS leader RM.

Jung Jae-hyung said, “Oh, I saw the news recently, that you had a meal with RM.” Lee Jang-won replied, “The most famous thing I did this year was having a meal with RM.”  :joy:

Jung Jae-hyung then asked, “Did you get his (phone) number?” Lee Jang-won answered, “I couldn’t...”
Jung Jae-hyung said, “RM should be on our show...!” Lee Jang-won replied, “He’s meeting President Biden right now.”  :lol:

*Lee Jang-won is a musician and RM’s co-star in variety show “Problematic Men.”
*Jung Jae-hyung is a singer-songwriter, pianist, and film music composer.

Source (1) (2)

Spoiler
On 5/31/2022 at 7:56 PM, bohmi said:

RM Instagram Update  220530

RM : “First time in a long time with our [my] hyung-nims..”

RM is the maknae (youngest) here :D

iLGIeAt.jpg

Kim Namjoon Talks BTS, Art, Turning 30, and the Soul on Art Basel Podcast

by P. Claire Dodson

Kim Namjoon was first drawn to the art world because of boredom, he explains in a thoughtful podcast episode of Intersections: The Art Basel Podcast.

BTS was touring the United States and Europe in 2018, and the group’s leader needed something to fill the hours between performances and rehearsals, since he didn’t have many friends abroad at the time. He found himself at the Art Institute of Chicago; In art museums, he found a place to experience beautiful, historic works and begin to see his own life and art in a larger context. Art made intimate.

“They’re all dead,” he laughed slightly on the podcast, referencing artists like Picasso and Monet. “But for now, in 2018, some outsider from South Korea in here, in this small room, me and his footprint — or some pieces of his time — just encountered, and it still gives me a thrill.”

The podcast was recorded before BTS announced the news of their second chapter, which would focus on solo activities in addition to continued work as a group after a break of some kind.

“I don’t like to divide the art world, but when I see the painters and visual artists, most of them get their fame after their death … their soul is really a long time thing, a long period thing,” Namjoon shared early on in the episode of Intersections. “Because somebody paints this in their 20s, changes their paintings in 30s, starts to make a sculpture in 40s. So when I see them, I could be brave, because I’m 29 in Korea, so when we turn 30 it’s a different thing. I’m still just a young man. But in a world of boy bands, turning into 30 is something different in K-pop. That’s really sad, but it’s a fact.”

“When 300 people see the same artwork, they have 300 different feelings.”  — RM

Read the full article here!

Spoiler

RM Discusses BTS’s Rise To Global Fame, The Unique Way He’s Inspired By Visual Artists, Plans To Open Art Collection, And More

by S. Cho

BTS’s RM has shared his candid thoughts on life, art, music, and more with Marc Spiegler!

Marc Spiegler is a journalist and the global director of Art Basel, an international art fair. BTS’s RM recently joined Marc Spiegler as a guest on the June 28 episode of “Intersections: The Art Basel Podcast” where he spoke about the formation of BTS, their rise to fame, his thoughts on collecting art, and much more.

In his first-ever English-language podcast episode, RM started off by describing where he was, saying, “I’m in Seoul, because I live in South Korea, and here it’s 7 p.m. I’m in my studio.”

[ ... ]  RM added that although these artists are no longer alive, he was thrilled to encounter a piece of them and their time through their art. He commented, “I was so jealous. [I thought,] ‘What is art? What is this painting? What is this color? What do they mean?’ That first experience got me really interested and I had many chances to visit all the famous museums because I was always in Paris, New York, and LA.”

RM also talked about how most visual artists reach their peak of success following their death, which has allowed him to be brave and think longer about the trajectory of his career. He expanded on this, saying, “I’m 29 in Korea. When we turn 30, it’s still young, I’m still just a young man, but in a world of boy bands, turning 30 is something different. That’s really sad, but it’s a fact.”

RM continued, “I just want to make music like the timeless [fine art] pieces that I admire.”

When asked if he thinks there will one day be a Kim Nam Joon [RM’s birth name] private museum in Korea, RM responded with a laugh, “Museums itself are really complicated, right? They need curators and exhibitions.”

He added, “This is my first time actually saying this but seriously, I’m planning to make a small space of my own private collection. Just make a café on the first floor and set up my collections on the second floor and third floor and people could always see the collections when they want to see it.”

Spoiler

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

BTS rapper RM (Kim Namjoon) has been nominated for the Blooloop 50 Museum Influencer List 2022, which recognises and celebrates the work and influence of notable individuals within the sector.

Charles Read, blooloop MD, says: “Kim Namjoon is a great example of an influencer in the truest sense of the word: ‘a person who affects or changes the way other people behave.’

“His genuine interest in art and his visits to museums around the world have created ‘BTS bumps’ and encouraged his legions of fans to learn more about museums, art and culture.”

RM spoke about his passion for art museums in an episode of Intersections: The Art Basel Podcast. The podcast features artists, architects, gallerists, designers, musicians and collectors.

Intersections is hosted by Marc Spiegler, who covered the art world as a journalist before he was named the global director of Art Basel.

Source (1) (2)

#GeniusCharts | Genius Korea K-Hip-Hop Chart: June 2022

1. Yet To Come
2. Run BTS
3. Young Love
4. Quotation Mark
6. Young Forever (RM Demo Ver.)

FWfLry1VUAEO4eT?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

Coway

T4jm9yD.jpg

Last October (2021), Monika Shin (from Prowdmon/Street Woman Fighter) reposted this photo on her Instagram story.  RM with singer Crush and Monika Shin in June 2015.

5Enu6Wr.jpg

Source (1) (2) (3)

Actor Simu Liu says, “RM is my bias.”

Simu Liu is known for portraying Shang-Chi in the 2021 Marvel Cinematic Universe film Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.

Simu Liu : “Okay my bias, my bias is Rap Monster is RM and I’ll tell you why. He feels very much like the mouthpiece of BTS. Like the heart and soul. And it takes a lot to like assume that responsibility right? To be able to speak on in an eloquent manner on behalf of an entire group and I feel like it does that.”

MC : “The White House...”

Simu Liu : “The White House? Yeah! I mean he’s, he’s kind of been there every step of the way. And also you know it is also like one of the producers of the group as well, so he’s the top rapper. I mean what’s not to love.”

Source (1) (2) (3)

Spoiler

BTS’s RM Has Sent K-Pop Fans Flooding to Art Museums Thanks to His Instagram

“I’m not good at multitasking, but I’m a person who digs deep once I get interested. Right now, I’m into art.”

RM’s deep appreciation of art is well known in South Korea. After he lent a sculpture by artist Kwon Jin Kyu to the Seoul Museum of Art earlier this year, SeMA’s curator said the exhibition became one of its most attended. When he was photographed last summer reading a book on Korean artists that had been out-of-print for decades, it suddenly became a bestseller.

For many in South Korea’s art scene, RM’s influence cannot be overstated.

“There are a lot of art exhibitions being held these days and they can be divided into two broad categories,” Yang Jeong-mu, a Western Art History professor at Korean National University of the Arts told Korean radio station SBS Power FM in December. “The ones RM went to and the ones RM didn’t go to.”

While RM’s visits are typically unannounced, arts institutions have noted receiving a surge in social media activity after the BTS member posts. The Chinati Foundation’s post thanking RM for visiting generated 92,000 likes – their other posts typically receive between 200 and 1,500 likes. A post from a month prior to RM’s visit featuring Korean artist Yun Hyong-Keun’s works has over 6,000 likes and is flooded with comments mentioning RM and BTS.

Meanwhile, the National Gallery of Art’s tweet resharing his visit has the most engagement of any tweet for their account at nearly 12,000 retweets and 40,000 likes. The National Gallery translated that attention into a bigger following. In the 24 hours after RM’s post – which didn’t even tag the institution – the National Gallery acquired nearly three times the number of followers it would on an average day, according to Anabeth Guthrie, the National Gallery’s chief of communications.

Spoiler

BTS Fans Are Recreating RM’s Instagram Posts at DC’s National Gallery of Art
The K-pop star also blew up the museum’s Twitter account.

The Instagram post was simple–a 27 year old, sharing a photo of himself in jeans and a beanie, sitting with his legs crossed on the left side of the white bench outside of the National Gallery of Art’s West Building; the museum’s name etched in stone above him. The photo was one of two posts he shared that day from the National Gallery, featuring 16 photos anyone might post during their visit to the museum–sculptures, oil sketches, a few Monet pieces and a sunset on the Mall.

This wasn’t just anyone, though. This was Kim Nam-joon, known professionally as RM—the South Korean rapper, producer, and leader of BTS—sharing the photos to his 35.7 million followers on December 10, 2021.

Museums around the country have gotten an influx of interest thanks to RM, as Artnews reported Tuesday. He has become known as “one of Korea’s most influential young art collectors,” and wherever RM visits, fans follow. What about DC’s art destinations?

The National Gallery of Art says it can’t directly attribute an increase in visitation, or a shift in visitor demographics, to RM’s posts, but the museum did see a big spike in social media engagement.

The NGA’s tweet resharing photos of RM’s visit received the highest engagement ever in the museum’s Twitter history—11.7 thousand retweets, 39.2 thousand likes, and 240 replies. Additionally, NGA says it gained 297 percent more followers on their channels than usual in the 24 hours after RM’s post.

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

2022.07.07  Instagram Update

69FfqAS.jpg

2022.07.06  Instagram Update

RM with the cast of the musical “The Man Who Laughs” (Park Hyo-sin, Sophie Kim So-hyang, Lee Soo-bin). :)

QaQmVkK.jpg

Source (1) (2)