[THE OFFICIAL] RM (알엠) / Kim Nam Joon (김남준) Thread ♪♫ ♫♪

bohmi

March 30, 2022

27 Top Rainy Day Songs

Put on your favorite sweatpants and queue up these tracks from current hitmakers, up-and-comers and musical legends for your next rainy day.

Sweatpants, a good book, your favorite warm drink and some music to mellow out to: These are the necessities for any given rainy day. While it may seem like a downer that the sun is M.I.A., gray clouds have taken over the sky and outdoor activities have become a thing of the past, take it as an opportunity to relax and reflect as the raindrops hit the pavement.

Lucky for you, Billboard has handpicked 27 songs by current hitmakers, up-and-comers, and musical legends alike to add to your rainy-day playlist. From chill wave electronic tracks like Medasin’s remix of Portugal. The Man’s “Feel It Still,” to guitar driven numbers like Led Zeppelin’s “The Rain Song,” to ambient tunes like SZA’s “Good Days,” there is something on this list for every kind of music fan.

Whether the dreary day has you thinking about your future or reminiscing on your past, queue up these calming tracks to further that cozy feeling.

eAeon feat. RM, “Don’t”

With a feature from BTS’ RM, eAeon sings about heartbreak and begging someone to stay in “Don’t.” Listen here.

Spoiler
  • Led Zeppelin, “The Rain Song”
  • Portugal. The Man, “Feel It Still” (Medasin Remix)
  • Etta James, “A Sunday Kind of Love”
  • Jack Johnson, “Banana Pancakes”
  • Bad Bunny, “TRELLAS”
  • SZA, “Good Days”
  • Rex Orange County, “Pluto Projector”
  • Louis The Child feat. Ashe, “World On Fire”
  • Patrick Watson, “Je te laisserai des mots”
  • Billie Eilish, “Halley’s Comet”
  • Elena Rose, “Picachu”
  • Ray Charles, “Come Rain or Come Shine”
  • Phoebe Bridgers & Jackson Browne, “Kyoto”
  • WILLIS, “I Think I Like When It Rains”
  • Daniel Caesar, “Japanese Denim”
  • Arctic Monkeys, “Only Ones Who Know”
  • Lauri Garcia, “Miel”
  • Sufjan Stevens, “Mystery of Love”
  • Billy Joel, “Vienna”
  • Lana Del Rey, “Mariners Apartment Complex”
  • Leon Bridges, “River”
  • ford., “Bedford Falls”
  • Emmit Fenn, “Lost in Space”
  • eAeon feat. RM, “Don’t”
  • Shakira, “Moscas en la Casa”
  • Frank Ocean, “Moon River”
  • Maroon 5, “Sunday Morning”

Spoiler

Source (1) (2) (3)

March 21, 2022

RM’s “Voice,” Off His Debut Mixtape, 7 Years On

In this essay, writer Jiye Kim explores BTS leader RM's debut mixtape song “Voice” seven years after it was released.

Seven years ago, RM of BTS charted a new course for what his career might look like with the release of his first mixtape, the self-titled RM. Then 20 years old, he dreamed of being heard. “This moment is what I’ve hoped for so desperately / I’m finally oiling the pedals that I’ve stepped on for seven years,” he raps on “Voice,” the first song on the mixtape. “I secretly raise the volume of my voice / so that you can know, so that it can reach you.”

RM’s dream has surely been realized, another seven years on: he’s the leader of the biggest band in the world, and his voice reaches and resonates with millions. But dreams change, and there’s always more to do.

To celebrate the 7th anniversary of RM, we trace his origins and growth as an artist desiring to give his voice – and in doing so, get a glimpse of what he received in return.

Spoiler

BTS released an adapted track titled “Born Singer” on July 11, 2013, just one month after their debut. The four vocalists take the chorus to confess their wary joy: “I’m a born singer, a belated confession / The mirage that had only ever been far away is now here in front of my eyes / I’m a born singer, perhaps an early confession / But I’m so happy, I’m good.”

The three rappers weave their narrative journeys around these lines, with RM documenting how his fears dissipated in the face of the audience’s cheers. “Honestly, I’d been afraid to prove myself after talking big, / to impress the world after only knowing the book and pen,” he raps. “I square my shoulders and climb onto our first stage / A moment of silence, I catch my breath.”

He returns to these images in RM, two years later. The first section of “Voice” details how music had become a lifeline in his teenage years:

Spoiler

“I thought the mirage called happiness would be captured there,

But I wasn’t happy, not once, when sitting at my desk.

Without my mum’s knowledge, I secretly slid blank sheets of paper between the pages of my workbook,

I wrote regarding my identity and matched it to the bass and drums.

It felt like a different way to breathe, compared to when I received my school reports –

even when I ranked 1st, I’d never felt at ease.

Is there a need to want what others want?

Rather than breathing out sighs filled with han,

I chose the path where I could breathe without han.”

RM draws on a pun to explain the origin of his rap career. School study only made him sigh (한숨), and so to be able to breathe (숨) freely without “han” (한) – a Korea-specific emotion of deep sorrow, resentment, and grief – he chose to pursue what he loved.

So it is here in “Voice”, with lines that reference Nas’s “One Mic,” that RM announces, “If you really think you ready to fly with my power / This is what R is about, fella the time is now.”

Spoiler

The letter “R” encompasses all of his personas as an artist: Runch Randa and Randa, two of the names he used as an underground rapper; Rap Monster, his stage name from 2013-2017; and RM, his revised stage name, which he shared could “symbolize many things” including the idea of “Real Me.”

He confirms this is still the case in 2019 with the line “Yeah, my name is R” in his solo track “Intro: Persona.” He later follows it up to say that he’s “living, breathing, every minute, every moment even now.” In 2021, too, he writes in his “Butter” message of thanks, “I realize I’m happiest above all when I make music and am able to share it with people. So today also, I do not falter in living as RM.”

Thus music continues to be his chosen manner of expression, for which he carefully extracts the essence of his lived experience and multitudinous thoughts. He may not be stepping down on his pedals with that early desperation, but that’s a purposeful choice.

Spoiler

RM released “Bicycle” in June 2021. He described it as a “somewhat defiant” gesture in a Weverse interview; one that stepped away from the pressure to make music that helps him “move ahead a little more” or “stands out better” and focused instead on something important to him specifically. It was “like a compass, telling me where I’m at right now.”

In the song, RM concentrates on the mixed emotions that riding a bicycle gives him. “When we’re sad, let’s ride our bicycles / Let’s have the wind blow beneath our two feet / Oh, let’s ride our bicycles / with our two arms spread freely.”

The bicycle has been his favorite mode of transportation for a long, long time, but only recently has he decided to document this activity in song. After years of promising to fly and run, here he is on his bicycle: trundling along, feeling the wind, taking in the sights, and allowing himself to feel what he does.

RM realized quite quickly, however, that even his preferred path could not rid him of his uncertainty. Track 9 of RM, “Life,” is a recognition of the life-long loneliness we’re all to bear. Track 10, “Adrift,” contrasts the happiness that we’re told to seek with the despair that we feel. But in Track 11, “I Believe,” RM concludes, “Though there have been times I’ve doubted my dream and even my entire existence, / I’ve never once doubted my voice.” Perhaps it’s because his voice is what allows him to reveal such doubts. [ ... ]

It is this plaintive, raw honesty alongside his music’s charismatic fierceness that has made RM such a valuable and well-respected artist. [ ... ]

RM pursued music as a teenager in the hopes he could breathe a little more freely. The extra wonder of shared experience came with time, with him recognizing in a 2018 Dispatch interview that “through music, through our stages, we are breathing together.” This in turn refined his dream. “I want to live through this world in this way – by comforting one another through the inevitable loneliness and alone-ness we are bound to experience as humans. That is the work I want to do.”

read the full article here / Source (1) (2)

#7YearsOfRMixtape  :glasses:

Spoiler

#GRAMMYS2022

Kelsea Ballerini’s Instagram story : “stanning, of course.”

The way she’s holding RM’s hand.. :)  RM shared her music on his Instagram story in January.

MPhLHZ7.jpg

Spoiler

FPdH0cbXIAI7jKW?format=jpg&name=large

FPdMVBlWQAkXxxJ?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

dk6mn0O.jpg

David Chua Boon’s Instagram story : “Time to grab some nasi lemak! RM says ok!”

xLZ9cSJ.jpg

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

April 5, 2022

[SPOTIFY Daily Viral Songs] - Panama

RM’s single songs have occupied today the highest positions among BTS songs on Spotify’s daily chart of popular songs in Panama and have already occupied high positions on the chart for several days in a row.

#8 Don’t     (listen here)
#13 Winter Flower     (listen here)
#20 Crying Over You     (listen here)
#24 Uhgood     (listen here)

April 4, 2022

[SPOTIFY Daily Viral Songs] - Paraguay

‘Don’t’ re-enters the Paraguay top daily viral songs chart at #85.

Source (1) (2) (3)

#5YearsWithGajah

Wow, new information !! :o

MelOn Interview 5 years ago — Gaeko about his collab with RM on track ‘Gajah’

Q. Is there a part that you personally think is the ‘killing part’?

Gaeko : “I think I worked the hardest writing the lyrics for the first verse. Also, I like Namjoonie’s part — ‘no disrespect for starfish but if you want a fish, be selfish’ — it’s very witty and has a cool meaning.”

Q. What are your thoughts on working with Rap Monster who participated in featuring? Are there any memorable episodes?

Gaeko : “First, the whole time we were working (on the song), Namjoonie wrote his verse at least 5 times. He modified his recordings many times and I actually felt sorry because he gave (the song) affection as if it were his own and I’m thankful that he worked on it so diligently.

BTS’ album released too, so he must have been busy, but I admire his attitude towards music. If we have more opportunities in the future, I want to continue working with him.”

eAeon also said the same thing about RM when they worked together on “Don’t.”

“When I first got RM’s recordings, I was totally surprised. He sent over not just the main vocal melody, but like 10 or so perfectly arranged vocal tracks, incl the background vocal harmonies and doubling vocals too that I really liked. He even sent an outro melody, which I didn’t even think about, but he said he tried for fun. I felt his affection for the song. I used everything as he sent me (without making any change), and I think that’s what completed the song. I think you could say that the harmony between my higher-than-most vocal tone (other translations: my vocal tone, which is relatively high) and RM’s lower vocal tone is the point of the song.”  — eAeon, May 2021

“First, the whole time we were working (on the song), Namjoonie wrote his verse at least 5 times. He modified his recordings many times and I actually felt sorry because he gave (the song) affection as if it were his own and I’m thankful that he worked on it so diligently.”  — Gaeko, April 2017

Spoiler
On 11/7/2020 at 11:01 AM, bohmi said:

March 30, 2017

Gaeko Reveals Why He Asked BTS’s Rap Monster To Feature On New Track

Dynamic Duo’s Gaeko will soon be releasing a new track featuring Rap Monster of BTS, and he has now talked about what it was about the young rapper that caught his attention.

“I’ve always thought Rap Monster has a good voice and also liked his tone,” explained Gaeko. “His energy is great, so it seemed like it would be good to work with him.”

Gaeko’s agency Amoeba Culture has shared a teaser for Gaeko’s new track “Gajah” (with the Korean title meaning “Elephant”) featuring Rap Monster, which is due out on April 5 at noon KST.

Rap Monster also previously announced the collaboration to his fans by sharing two photos of himself with Gaeko to BTS’s official Twitter. (Soompi)

(April 5, 2017) -  Dynamic Duo’s Gaeko is back with a new solo release in approximately two years and five months!

His single “Gajah” featuring BTS’s Rap Monster is a message to people in society about not hesitating in front of different choices who may struggle with losing their way in life.

The music video features 3D animation, unique graphics, and incorporates original stories. (Soompi)

On 11/7/2020 at 5:02 PM, bohmi said:

Gaeko feat. RM - “Gajah”

April 5, 2017

Gaeko of famed South Korean rap group Dynamic Duo recently released his latest single “Gajah” featuring Rap Monster of the group BTS. The release of the track is accompanied by dizzying visuals that start off chronicling a child’s trip to a dentist which takes a surreal turn into a computer-generated dream world. A bouncing soulful beat serves as the canvas for Gaeko and Rap Monster to display their rap prowess as the two go back and forth spitting bars in their mother tongue. (Source)

April 6, 2017

랩몬스터 피처링은 조금 의외였어요.

제가 본 랩몬스터는 열정도 엄청나고 무엇보다 힙합 자체를 너무 좋아해요. 가끔 신보 정보를 엄청 공유하는데, 얘기가 되게 잘 통할 정도로 음악 듣는 폭이 넓어요. 그러다 보니 자연스럽게 음악까지 연결이 됐어요. 어떻게 보면 랩몬 차체가 논쟁이 될만한 캐릭터죠. 아이돌 그룹에서 랩을 한다는 모순도 있고.

Interviewer: Rap Monster’s featuring was a bit unexpected.

Gaeko: Rap Monster that I’ve seen has a lot of passion, and more than anything, loves hip-hop in itself very much. Occasionally, we share of new information (about music/songs) with each other. He listens to a wide variety of music so we can communicate well. Eventually, we naturally connected musically too. In some ways, Rap Monster himself could be a disputable character. It’s also (considered) contradictory that he raps in an idol group. (Hypebeast Korea), (Bangtanintl)

April 7, 2017

Interviewer: You’re working with Rap Monster in this project. Is there a specific reason why you guys worked together?

Gaeko: I personally like Rap Monster’s voice, tone, and energy. I thought his voice would fit the song perfectly. (Dingo), (Bangtanintl)

April 14, 2017

A behind-the-scenes video of the production of ‘Gajah’ with Gaeko and RM. Source (1) (2) (3)

RM’s Instagram Stories

RM listening to “Her” by BTS (04/07) and “Rainbow” by Yung Bae (04/05).

Spoiler
On 3/14/2022 at 9:17 PM, bohmi said:

March 9, 2022

EarthGang react to RM of BTS listening to their music

EarthGang have expressed their appreciation for BTS leader RM, after the boyband member shared the duo’s music.

Yesterday (March 8), RM shared an Instagram Story of him listening to ‘L.O.V.E.’, the Hip-hop duo’s new collaboration with future funk producer Yung Bae, and musicians Jon Batiste and Sherwyn.

The Instagram Story later made its way onto Twitter after a fan posted a screenshot of on Twitter, while tagging the official EarthGang account. The duo have since expressed their admiration for RM, quote-tweeting the screenshot while tagging the BTS account “❤️❤️ good music travel[s] much love from @bts_bighit member RM,” the duo wrote.

EarthGang Twitter Update : :heart::heart: good music travel[s] much love from BTS member RM npGa3uz.jpg

Yung Bae Twitter Update : bro rm from bts hyping the album

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

:happyshakes::gangnamstyle::elated::happydance::getmygrooveon:

“It’s not our new song, it’s my personal new song. We’re also working on our (BTS) song..”  — RM during the press conference, April 10.

“I’m inviting really interesting and unexpectable people (collab) to my album (mixtape/playlist).”  — VLive, April 9.

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

~ Pokémon Bread ~

“Even BTS’s RM asked, ‘please make more’ Pokémon bread”

The segment was about the Pokémon bread craze that’s taken over Korea right now.  :lol::joy:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

From Dispatch's D'Festa - 'The Exhibition'

On March 24, Korea Dispatch released a teaser followed by a detailed breakdown of the entire concert experience. The ‘D’Festa’ concert is a Global K-pop Festival where fans will be able to meet a total of 69 idols from 9 different groups virtually. The show will be broadcast in three parts, ‘The Movie’, ‘The Exhibition’ and ‘The Experience’. ‘The Movie’ will be a music film that consists of performances from various K-pop artists. ‘The Exhibition’ will feature a collection of photos of these 69 artists that Dispatch has taken over the last 10 years. Finally, fans who have watched the concert movie and have visited the exhibition can gather around and experience the performances from these artists on a virtual reality stage.  read more >

FP5SGrNaAAIf7qu?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Spoiler

SAMSUNG

FPDh_d-aIAA4L18?format=jpg&name=large

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

#FreeFire×BTS

YRDpnA7.jpg

From the designs they made to actual in-game outfits!

The BTS members put in hard work and effort into making these designs and trusted us to make them into outfits!

• Gen Free Fire Outfit Designed by BTS RM

FOypiLDVEAA0MNy?format=jpg&name=900x900

Source (1) (2) (3)