Director:

Writer:

Release Date: January 2021

Runtime:

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Plot

“Times” is a political thriller about a woman in 2020, who can make a phone call to the past, and a man in 2015, who team up to save the assassinated president.

Cast

Lee Seo Jin as Lee Jin Woo

Lee Joo Young as Seo Jung -in

Kim Young Chul as Seo Ki-tae (President)

Character descriptions

Lee Jin Woo (Lee Seo Jin) is a journalist  who makes people in high places afraid in his pursuit of the truth and reveals the true faces behind people in power. Even when he receives threats to shut his mouth, he releases follow-up reports about the threats. He is the main reason that his impoverished paper, the Times, is becoming even poorer, but he is also their star reporter.

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Update #4 - New rule: "No Instagram embedded posts

• Like 1

Actor Kim Young-cheol appears in the OCN drama'Times'.

l_2020061102000545700110631.jpg

Kim Young-cheol said on the 11th  June, “I will appear as president in the “OCN drama “Times””

The details of The Times have not been released.

The Times are said to be filming from September this year, and are aiming to air in January 2021.

http://www.newspic.kr/view.html?nid=2020061115580082320&pn=291

The last time I watched Kim Young Chul in a drama was in 2016 (Happy Home). I am so curious about this. It is an OCN and I kind of want to watch a mature political drama with veteran actors. There will be secret service involved?   If it will begin filming in September, I think we`ll hear more news about this drama soon.

Lee Seo Jin Confirmed To Be In Talks For New Political Drama

Jul 2, 2020
by C. Hong
b0a623f27c7f4a25a6b8b4deace78e29.jpeg?s=

Lee Seo Jin is considering a return to the small screen!

On July 2, a source from the drama industry reported to Ilgan Sports that the actor had been cast in the lead role of the upcoming OCN drama “Times” (literal title).

The role is that of a reporter named Lee Jin Woo, who makes people in high places afraid in his pursuit of the truth and reveals the true faces behind people in power. Even when he receives threats to shut his mouth, he releases follow-up reports about the threats. He is the main reason that his impoverished paper, the Times, is becoming even poorer, but he is also their star reporter.

Lee Seo Jin’s agency, HOOK Entertainment, stated, “Lee Seo Jin has received a casting offer for the lead role in OCN’s new drama ‘Times’ and he is positively reviewing it.”

“Times” is a political thriller about a woman in 2020, who can make a phone call to the past, and a man in 2015, who team up to save the assassinated president. It aims to premiere sometime in January 2021.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1410471wpp/lee-seo-jin-confirmed-to-be-in-talks-for-new-political-drama

Spoiler

Lee Ju-young's "OCN'Times' positive review"…

34f567d7-6a50-401a-a4d2-34a049fa96e4.jpg

Actor Lee Joo-young is positively considering whether to appear in The Times.

Lee Joo-young, an official at Ace Factory, said on the 3rd, "Lee Joo-young has been positively reviewing the proposal for the OCN new drama'Times'."

The Times is known as a time-leaved political thriller that portrays a story of a woman in 2020 connecting with a man in 2015 over a telephone connection, saving the murdered president together. It is known that Lee Seo-jin and Kim Young-cheol are considering their appearance.

https://m.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/A2020070311310004451

• Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 7:25 AM, larus said:

The Times is known as a time-leaved political thriller that portrays a story of a woman in 2020 connecting with a man in 2015 over a telephone connection, saving the murdered president together.

The plot is very similar with the upcoming drama Kairos but it is placed in the world of politics and journalists. In Kairos, the man has a telephone connection with a woman from the past (few years in the past) and in this the woman is in the present and the man from the future. In Times, they have to save the female protagonist` father and in Kairos they have to save the male hero`s daughter. Not to say that in 2021 we have the second season of Signal as well.

I know that kdramaland tends to do the similar plots in the same year. It is like they get a memo to tell them what is trending each year. :sweatingbullets: Regardless that, I will look forward to watch Lee Seo Jin and Kim Young Chul on screen again. I am familiar with Lee Joo young too. I see her in The Ghost Detective.

• Like 1

Lee Joo-young confirmed, Lee Seo-jin considering a new OCN thriller

by tccolb

ljy_times1.jpg

Casting has just been confirmed for Lee Joo-young (Itaewon Class) in a new OCN drama called Times. She join veteran actor Kim Young-chul (My Country: New Age) who was cast earlier in the year. According to reports, Lee Seo-jin (Trap) has also been offered a lead role and is currently considering favorably.

The story for OCN’s Times is a political thriller with a dash of timeslip magic. A woman in the year 2020 is somehow able to call a man in 2015 through her phone. The two work together to try and save the president of South Korea from assassination.

Playing the role of said president is Kim Young-chul, whose life is (or is about to be?) in danger. Lee Joo-young is stepping into the role of his daughter, Seo Jung-in, who works as a reporter.

If Lee Seo-jin accepts, he will be playing another reporter named Lee Jin-woo who works for a newspaper called Times.

This is definitely a cast I can get behind. Kim Young-chul is always a win and I’m happy to see Lee Joo-young moving up into bigger roles. She’s been steadily building experience through supportive characters, and recently gained a lot of well-deserved attention through her work in indie films as well. Fingers-crossed Lee Seo-jin joins the cast as well!

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/07/lee-joo-young-confirmed-lee-seo-jin-considering-a-new-ocn-thriller/

• Like 1

@larus Thanks for updates. I'm intrigue with the plot. Sorta like Signal? Plus like the politcial mistery thriller .. reporter trying  to save President from assisination. I last saw Lee Seo Jin in Trapt ( weird mystery suspense drama) I'm not familiar with the two other main actors but I'll be checking this. I'm not into time slip fantasy  theme.. but as a long as it's well made like Signal or Tunnel.. then I'm going to watch.

• Like 1

Lee Seo Jin Pairs with Lee Joo Young for Journalistic Thriller K-drama Times

http://koalasplayground.com/2020/07/03/lee-seo-jin-pairs-up-with-lee-joo-young-for-journalistic-thriller-k-drama-times/

40 minutes ago, jongski said:

I'm intrigue with the plot. Sorta like Signal? Plus like the politcial mistery thriller .. reporter trying  to save President from assisination. I last saw Lee Seo Jin in Trapt ( weird mystery suspense drama) I'm not familiar with the two other main actors but I'll be checking this. I'm not into time slip fantasy  theme.. but as a long as it's well made like Signal or Tunnel.. then I'm going to watch.

Signal and Tunnel were good. Let see how it will be this one. I am sure it will be suspenseful but I don`t know how they will explain that the telephone call works just a few years in the past. In Signal, one of the people who made the call did not exist in the future, until they change the past. In Kairos and Times, they exuist in both time lines. Or maybe not. Let see how it will be.

• Like 1