Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Hahaha you're bias towards PSJ for personal reasons :P I really loved his rendition of Woo Jin though. I felt more for him than I did for the others, even including YYS who acted out the reunion and narrated a majority of the film. Perhaps it's because we got to actually see him the most, but I think he displayed the traits the director assigned for the character really well.

Seriously, @adeleyam is a true MVP hahaha Much love to you!!

I looked up the Olympic athlete and he's only 20 .___. So young lol. Google Translate said he likes girls that have that innocent charm, which I find really funny because while Hyo Joo does possess this trait, her personality is so tomboyish lol. She's not very feminine at all, despite her delicate features hahaha. I saw over on the JongJoo shipping thread, that she's still known as being an oppa on the W set even though Yeon Joo is such a feminine character. We see her acting like an oppa to her entourage as well lol. It's so cute when they all hug her and she assumes the role of the boyfriend and just completely towers over all of them.

• Like 8

Yes, I was so sad to see PSJ's Woo Jin go haha. I agree about YYS; I found him a bit bland in BI and felt more for him in Love Lies. But I rooted for So Yul and Park Sung Woong's romance in Love Lies I actually felt there was love there, although much more from him.

Hyo Joo is so unique. She has all these sides to her. I love that she is casual and quirky, but not really eccentric. I think she is both feminine and tomboyish lol. Seung Gi did say she is gentle. I think she gives off the oppa vibe because of how she takes care of people. When I read interviews of her past mentors and even BH's CEO they were all saying that she is responsible and the type to look after people.

September 7, 2016

Han Hyo-joo to emcee BIFF opening ceremony

(MBC)

Actress Han Hyo-joo will emcee the opening ceremony of the Busan International Film Festival 2016 on Oct. 6. 

Han will co-host the ceremony with veteran actor Sul Kyung-gu who she starred with in the action flick “Cold Eyes” in 2013.

Han was reported to have rejected the offer from the committee a few times before accepting it. Asia‘s major film festival has been mired in a dispute revolving around the Busan authorities’ restriction on freedom of expression. 

Han has recently returned to the spotlight in the TV series “W” as Oh Yeon-joo.

The 21st BIFF will screen 301 movies from 69 countries in five cinemas. The festival runs from Oct. 6 through Oct. 15.

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 7

@hhj22 Hey, I’m not here to pick a fight or anything, I just wanted to remind you once again about this forum rules. I guess I came on too strong, I apologize for that. Peace! Talking about the power of caps lock and red letters, huh.

BTW, I also have a hunch  that her next project is going to be a movie.

Hyo Joo-oppa, that’s really funny! If I remember correctly during the Cold Eyes filming cast considered her as one of the boys and called her ‘hyung’. Reading the news today that she’s going to MC with SKG for BFF this year got me so excited, cause I love that festival so much. Cute gif to remind us of that chemistry.

HELFKUK.gif cr HHJ Taiwan FB

OT : @kaz11 Hahaha  PSJ, have you seen his latest edition?(can one use this for persons*scratches head*) I laugh every time I see him, although he looks exactly the way you described him here.

• Like 10

Just now, innerchild said:

@hhj22 Hey, I’m not here to pick a fight or anything, I just wanted to remind you once again about this forum rules. I guess I came on too strong, I apologize for that. Peace! Talking about the power of caps lock and red letters, huh.

Yes ! I my self do not want have fight with you and others ! Our love hyo joo is very kind and sympathetic !All we are her real lovers .so, she is our template ! So , we should be politely with our self ! Nice to see you dear friend and have a good time ! ^_^@innerchild

• Like 3

Just now, bellalizzie said:

W Two Worlds still cuts

I do not love her sad scene and her sad face ! But she is very cute and lovely and attractive in her all reactions!!! So i love her character so much!:wub:thanks dear friend for cute stills!!!

• Like 1

Lee Jong Suk, Han Hyo Joo, And Kim Ui Sung Take Some “Family Photos” Behind The Scenes Of “W”

w-lee-jong-suk-han-hyo-joo-kim-ui-sung.p

Recently, the cast of MBC’s “W” — Lee Jong Suk, Han Hyo Joo, Kim Ui Sung — took some “family photos” behind the scenes on the drama set.

On September 6, “W” posted a photo (above) of the three main cast members on its official Instagram, with the caption, “A new type of family photo. The wife is in danger, but [Kang] Cheol is too happy.” Kim Ui Sung is pictured holding a toy gun to Han Hyo Joo’s head, while Lee Jong Suk is all smiles to the side.

Previously, Kim Ui Sung posted a similar photo on his Instagram, in which he says, looking as scary as ever (spoiler alert for episode 13), “The day that two out of the three died.”

w-lee-jong-suk-han-hyo-joo-kim-ui-sung-1

“W” also revealed Kim Ui Sung and Han Hyo Joo having a father-daughter moment, saying, “A happy moment of Yeon Joo and Dad. Dad, right? Not the villain?”

han-hyo-joo-kim-ui-sung-w.png

http://www.soompi.com/2016/09/06/lee-jong-suk-han-hyo-joo-kim-ui-sung-take-family-photos-behind-scenes-w/

• Like 6

“W” Reportedly Airing Special Episode Next Week

Han-Hyo-Joo-Lee-Jong-Suk1.png

W” will be airing a special episode on September 17, according to a report by OSEN.

On September 8, MBC stated that the special episode will be airing at 9:20 a.m. on Saturday, September 17, showing the most memorable scenes from the drama, behind-the-scenes footage from the “W” set, and more. This report comes from OSEN following previous news about a possible special episode on September 15.

The final episode of “W” airs on Wednesday, September 14. Filming will be taking place through September 11, with the ending of the drama kept under tight wraps.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/09/08/w-reportedly-airing-special-episode-next-week/

• Like 5

Just now, bellalizzie said:

“W” Reportedly Airing Special Episode Next Week

W” will be airing a special episode on September 17, according to a report by OSEN.

On September 8, MBC stated that the special episode will be airing at 9:20 a.m. on Saturday, September 17, showing the most memorable scenes from the drama, behind-the-scenes footage from the “W” set, and more. This report comes from OSEN following previous news about a possible special episode on September 15.

The final episode of “W” airs on Wednesday, September 14. Filming will be taking place through September 11, with the ending of the drama kept under tight wraps.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/09/08/w-reportedly-airing-special-episode-next-week/

Do you know what time we can see ep 16 ( end ep ) ???next week???

Just now, Mí Dù said:

To be honest I have never given a damn about BIFF although I know it's a big event :lol: But now that Hyo Joo hosts the opening ceremony, I'm soo gonna watch it.

Yeeeeeeees  i am so happy for this ! :sweatingbullets:How and what time i can watch it?^_^

• Like 1

@hhj22 I'm sorry I don't understand your question. :sweatingbullets:

@innerchild Haha thanks, he's gorgeous with dark hair. I don't follow PSJ lol, I like what I've seen of him in their movie, BTS, those red carpet pics from awards shows.

And... W is going to end. I am going to be honest and say that it's not going to be hard for me to move on after it ends. It just.. did not capture my heart. Or rather, I fell in love at first sight but I became underwhelmed, more and more. It has a lot to do with the writing. The way Song writes her characters is just not my cup of tea, and because of this, I was never really invested in the loveline. Disappointing for me because, considering the premise of two worlds dividing the lovers, I expected an earth-shattering romance. LOL. Well, take away the romance and I still don't like how the hero and especially the heroine are written. I do not really feel that Kang Chul is someone more than a construct while Yeon Joo, I adore her for her flashes of smarts and her idiotic charm but when it comes to the important men in her life, she just seems to lose her spark. Maybe it's because of her childhood but I would have loved it if she was fleshed out more. I enjoyed some elements of the show though, I loved the creativity, the comedy, the transitions from one world to the other. I loved some moments. My favorite is the washroom-to-Han-River moment, it was simply amazing.

Anyway, I am looking forward to Hyo Joo's next project. I hope she gets to enjoy a well-deserved vacation, too.

Just now, kaz11 said:

@hhj22 I'm sorry I don't understand your question. :sweatingbullets:

@innerchild Haha thanks, he's gorgeous with dark hair. I don't follow PSJ lol, I like what I've seen of him in their movie, BTS, those red carpet pics from awards shows.

And... W is going to end. I am going to be honest and say that it's not going to be hard for me to move on after it ends. It just.. did not capture my heart. Or rather, I fell in love at first sight but I became underwhelmed, more and more. It has a lot to do with the writing. The way Song writes her characters is just not my cup of tea, and because of this, I was never really invested in the loveline. Disappointing for me because, considering the premise of two worlds dividing the lovers, I expected an earth-shattering romance. LOL. Well, take away the romance and I still don't like how the hero and especially the heroine are written. I do not really feel that Kang Chul is someone more than a construct while Yeon Joo, I adore her for her flashes of smarts and her idiotic charm but when it comes to the important men in her life, she just seems to lose her spark. Maybe it's because of her childhood but I would have loved it if she was fleshed out more. I enjoyed some elements of the show though, I loved the creativity, the comedy, the transitions from one world to the other. I loved some moments. My favorite is the washroom-to-Han-River moment, it was simply amazing.

Anyway, I am looking forward to Hyo Joo's next project. I hope she gets to enjoy a well-deserved vacation, too.

I am wait for next project of hyo joo like you^_^...but , what about vacation???did say she any thing about need to vacation?:huh:

@kaz11: Girl... Me too about W lol. I'm literally like 5 episodes behind lmao. I was soooo into it, especially the first 2 episodes. I was still hyped after episode 3 but it bothered me so much that KC shot YJ. Then afterwards, he wasn't really understanding of why she was giving him the silent treatment and then he basically forced her to accept his apology, which just added to my irritation. I read the recaps on DB whenever I have time, and it just sounds like the plot is so convoluted now and it's become a rinse and repeat formula. Yes, all that is happening is still shocking but I think the drama lost its intrigue that the first few episodes had, and so now it's hard to be invested in it. 

I think I overhyped myself as well because I was thinking that the rumored plot of how KC would help his manhwa buddies escape into the real world was so amazing and I was really looking forward to it. It gave me false hopes that the drama would be more character-driven, rather than plot-driven. Also, I think the drama would have sustained itself better if the writer had slowed down the pace as well as the twists and turns and just focused on developing the characters more, both the leads and the supporting cast. I can see that the hype for it has also died down both internationally and in Korea... I'm honestly just glad that it's going to be over soon lol.

But I'm really happy for Hyo Joo because it's maintained #1 in its timeslot and even if the ratings aren't spectacular, they're impressive enough for a drama like W. It's also gained her quite a lot of new fans and I'm always happy about that :) 

@hhj22: She hasn't said anything about taking a vacation. We're just speculating that that's probably her next move since she has been working nonstop for so long. A vacation for her is well deserved at this point lol.

• Like 1