Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

2 hours ago, isapuilai said:

OMG!! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?? :w00t: I melted after seeing this picture..

Oooooooo my God ! This photo is so cute and.... her look is so fantastic > ( sexy ):D:D .... she is really Goddess of beauty!:wub:

Just now, bellalizzie said:

161001 Beautiful HanHyoJoo arrived at Ngurah Rai International Airport, Bali

CtqG38kUMAA9OrZ.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

CtqG38nVIAE408i.jpg

CtqG38rUMAADUKk.jpg

CtqG38sUMAAijP9.jpg

CtqHviTVIAEcugy.jpgCtqHviRVUAIQvEP.jpg

Oooooo she is more cute without makeup ! Woaaahhh !!!!! excuse me but i'm so temptation for a strong kiss on her white face!!!!!!!!!!:sweatingbullets::blush:

Our girl is so cute ! I'm happy each time this angel is so happy ! Now she is resting and enjoy ! I'm wait for her come back and start her new project ! I jealous to her group but i'm happy she is not alone and she is enjoy with her near friends! .love is sweet poison that, doctor can not cure .. hyo joo love you forever!!!

• Like 5

:grin:Yehey, let's celebrate,,,our dear Han Hyo Joo won the TOP EXCELLENCE ACTRESS (MINI SERIES)!!!! :D So happy and proud of her! (Answered prayer, thank you Lord).... although a little bit sad 'cause she was not there to accept the award, still, like a proud sister i'm so happy for her! She really deserved it! 

Congratulations Hyo Joo! Be in good health and keep safe always! Enjoy and relax there in Bali! :blush::heart::blush: More awards/recognitions to come!God bless you always! 

A happy day/night chingus! :grin:

• Like 8

:heart::heart::heart::w00t::heart::heart::heart:

YAY!!! CONGRATS HHJ!!!:blush:

i actually didnt expect her to win,coz knowing she not attending this award..hehe.coz usually that's how some award r done rite?no come means no win.sorry dear, for having doubt.:sweatingbullets:

2 hours ago, enps123 said:

Congratulations! its a pity she didnt attend the award. She would've looked stunning!:w00t:
is there video of the award?

Any news from her?:)

i know rite..it would be the best if she managed to come..:wub: hmmm..so far,didnt see any updates on it yet.:mellow:

now,lets wait she will updates thru BH Ent.'s IG or her own weibo or anywhere to talk a lil bit bout bout this award.;) hehe

Spoiler

after 6 years~ (that freaking long to wait) her comeback to drama world... Han Hyo Joo won the TOP EXCELLENCE ACTRESS (MINI SERIES)!!!!  how JJANG is that?? hehe..:lol:

• Like 10

I was quite surprised to hear that she had won honestly :sweatingbullets: Not because I don't think she deserves it, but because the character OYJ has been constantly overlooked and underappreciated by fans and by the writing itself. Like the writer said, it is a very sacrificial character, which unfortunately means that it's not going to be an exciting or well-written character. OYJ going through so much in so little time, and with the incredibly fast pace of the drama, means that it's going to be difficult for any actor/actress to slow the narrative down for the viewers in order to emote and translate the intricacy of emotions the character is feeling. I'll admit that sometimes she doesn't get it right, but there are numerous times where she does. While I may constantly express my dissatisfaction towards how little character development there is and how weakly written OYJ was, there are a lot of character traits of hers that are well made and established by Hyo Joo's portrayal. I think Hyo Joo did a tremendous amount of character building on her own to make up for the blandness of OYJ and to humanize a character that is thrown into so many crazy situations while still retaining her sanity, as well as making her relatable and likeable at the same time.

Other people or fans may disagree with me, which is fine, but there should never be a need to spout out and spread so much hatred and anger towards a person because the results were not what you were hoping. Please remember that unless proved otherwise, it is not her fault that she won (meaning there were no politics involved). The acting portion of these awards are votes casted by a committee of persons. So if one disagrees, please keep in mind that there was a committee and that a majority of them agreed on the results. 

Whether she won this award or any award for W or not, I think W was such a great project for her to have been a part of. It's gained her so many new fans and its popularity has turned many people's eyes and attention towards her. More exposure can sometimes mean that not everyone will like her for whatever reasons, but that's the tradeoff. Not everyone will like something or someone and no matter how loud these people can get, remember that there is so much more positivity.

Being Hyo Joo fans, we are used to this kind of animosity though. She, herself, is often underlooked and underappreciated when it comes to her acting but she's proven time and time again that her work is worth being awarded (Daesang for Dong Yi, Best Actress for Cold Eyes, and now Top Excellence for W). Let us fans ignore the hostility that we may chance upon and continue showing support for Hyo Joo, something that she herself cherishes more than winning any awards. 

• Like 11

in as much as i wanted to feel happy for our girl winning that award i honestly feel rather burden & i'm pretty sure it'll put more burden on Hyo Joo ...i've already seen some backlash and expecting more to come(sigh) i would've been extremely happy(literally jumping up & down) if JongJoo couple bagged the best couple award!:phew:

still congratulations to our girl..

>>>

On a happy note yay! @adeleyam you got us all so envious but honestly so happy for you cuz you got a chance to see our Hyo Joo in person again!..we'll be relying to your paparazzi skills!:lol:....

• Like 6

It's disheartening for me too, even though I've been around to witness this a third time. Nothing we or HHJ can really do but wait out the storm though. I wish the rabid HHJ fans wouldn't go attacking others for expressing their opinions. It makes us look bad :( Opinions and criticisms are fine and are well merited so I don't see the need to defend HHJ when people are just expressing how they feel. Fans can also be critical of their bias as well. Not everything she does is perfect, she is human afterall. This "true fan" nonsense is really weird for me to see lol.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ohnoitscindy said:

Being Hyo Joo fans, we are used to this kind of animosity though. She, herself, is often underlooked and underappreciated when it comes to her acting but she's proven time and time again that her work is worth being awarded (Daesang for Dong Yi, Best Actress for Cold Eyes, and now Top Excellence for W). Let us fans ignore the hostility that we may chance upon and continue showing support for Hyo Joo, something that she herself cherishes more than winning any awards. 

I think I failed to say welcome before, but, welcome to new Hyolics (whether you have posted here or are still lurking)! Thanks, Indonesian fans for welcoming her warmly at the airport, she looked so happy. ^^

Another reason why I prefer the movie industry is this: there are more male film critics and film journalists and thus, evaluation and reviews and opinions are much more balanced, compared to the drama-writing community. I think I could tell if Hyo Joo's going to be nominated for a particular role, it's when she is critically acclaimed not only at home but internationally, too. So I am not surprised that she got a grand slam Best Actress nomination for The Beauty Inside. Just read all the existing film reviews.

Now, I am surprised that she won this award for W, too. I wish she did not. There's already enough of that negativity thrown at her and it's not even her fault that she won. Girl cannot catch a break from netizens. Do I think she deserved the award for W? No. It's no secret that I am not a great fan of the drama and especially the character Oh Yeon Joo, it's all thanks to her that I was able to enjoy a few of Yeon Joo's traits, but, Hyo Joo was not in her best form as her. I thought her overall performance was a downgrade from her back-to-back stellar film performances. Perhaps some of them are right, she does not suit such a passive character which Yeon Joo turned out to be for the most part.

So my wish is for her to carefully select next project.. and choose a role that she could really sink her teeth into.

2 hours ago, chyantrils25 said:

in as much as i wanted to feel happy for our girl winning that award i honestly feel rather burden & i'm pretty sure it'll put more burden on Hyo Joo ...i've already seen some backlash and expecting more to come(sigh) i would've been extremely happy(literally jumping up & down) if JongJoo couple bagged the best couple award!:phew:

still congratulations to our girl..

>>>

On a happy note yay! @adeleyam you got us all so envious but honestly so happy for you cuz you got a chance to see our Hyo Joo in person again!..we'll be relying to your paparazzi skills!:lol:....

welcome back

And you always beautiful words about Han Hyo joo@chyantrils25

2 hours ago, ohnoitscindy said:

I was quite surprised to hear that she had won honestly :sweatingbullets: Not because I don't think she deserves it, but because the character OYJ has been constantly overlooked and underappreciated by fans and by the writing itself. Like the writer said, it is a very sacrificial character, which unfortunately means that it's not going to be an exciting or well-written character. OYJ going through so much in so little time, and with the incredibly fast pace of the drama, means that it's going to be difficult for any actor/actress to slow the narrative down for the viewers in order to emote and translate the intricacy of emotions the character is feeling. I'll admit that sometimes she doesn't get it right, but there are numerous times where she does. While I may constantly express my dissatisfaction towards how little character development there is and how weakly written OYJ was, there are a lot of character traits of hers that are well made and established by Hyo Joo's portrayal. I think Hyo Joo did a tremendous amount of character building on her own to make up for the blandness of OYJ and to humanize a character that is thrown into so many crazy situations while still retaining her sanity, as well as making her relatable and likeable at the same time.

Other people or fans may disagree with me, which is fine, but there should never be a need to spout out and spread so much hatred and anger towards a person because the results were not what you were hoping. Please remember that unless proved otherwise, it is not her fault that she won (meaning there were no politics involved). The acting portion of these awards are votes casted by a committee of persons. So if one disagrees, please keep in mind that there was a committee and that a majority of them agreed on the results. 

Whether she won this award or any award for W or not, I think W was such a great project for her to have been a part of. It's gained her so many new fans and its popularity has turned many people's eyes and attention towards her. More exposure can sometimes mean that not everyone will like her for whatever reasons, but that's the tradeoff. Not everyone will like something or someone and no matter how loud these people can get, remember that there is so much more positivity.

and 

Your speech about the true actress award for Our Hyo joo

Thank you

24 minutes ago, kaz11 said:

I think I failed to say welcome before, but, welcome to new Hyolics (whether you have posted here or are still lurking)! Thanks, Indonesian fans for welcoming her warmly at the airport, she looked so happy. ^^

Another reason why I prefer the movie industry is this: there are more male film critics and film journalists and thus, evaluation and reviews and opinions are much more balanced, compared to the drama-writing community. I think I could tell if Hyo Joo's going to be nominated for a particular role, it's when she is critically acclaimed not only at home but internationally, too. So I am not surprised that she got a grand slam Best Actress nomination for The Beauty Inside. Just read all the existing film reviews.

Now, I am surprised that she won this award for W, too. I wish she did not. There's already enough of that negativity thrown at her and it's not even her fault that she won. Girl cannot catch a break from netizens. Do I think she deserved the award for W? No. It's no secret that I am not a great fan of the drama and especially the character Oh Yeon Joo, it's all thanks to her that I was able to enjoy a few of Yeon Joo's traits, but, Hyo Joo was not in her best form as her. I thought her overall performance was a downgrade from her back-to-back stellar film performances. Perhaps some of them are right, she does not suit such a passive character which Yeon Joo turned out to be for the most part.

So my wish is for her to carefully select next project..

The same as my opinion about Han Hyo joo and received the Award
And I hope next selected for its project is prepare a naturally acting like The Beauty inside Or Dong yi 

• Like 1

congratulations so much to our angel !she is to deserve for this award  :w00t::wub::wub:I hope she always be happy and have laugh !!:sweatingbullets: I'm so wait for end her rest in bali and come back seoul for start new project !!^_^:heart:

• Like 1

Congraaaaaaaaaaaaaatulations uri Hyo-joo ahhh hahahaha!!!! I still remember my first comment here was a super long-winded defense of both the character OYJ and HHJ's portrayal of the character, and I wrote it I think around EP. 8 or 9? When a lot of people were frustrated with the series and the little development OYJ has gotten by then. But as if to mock my draggy post, EP 10 happened and many, including the ever-so-hard-to-please K netizens were impressed and praised her performance in the episode, which I think remains the best episode for OYJ in the series.

I think extra consideration has to be given to HHJ for just how frigging difficult it was to portray a character with such a strange setup, and to be used mostly to advance the plot while the two main male characters, namely KC and OSM, get to have their arcs and characters developed in a much more typical linear fashion as the series progressed. So for HHJ to not only have made OYJ convincing as a normal person going through all those impossible situations (side note: hate the "exaggerated over-acting" comments, stupid, Soo-bong was being 10 times more dramatic yet I think normal people like you and I could very well have reacted like Soo-bong did in those situations), but to have made OYJ lovable. 

Anyway, haters gonna hate, they were bashing her before she got this award and if they want to say the award was rigged, then they'd be challenging the validity of ALL the other winners too. Glad that while HHJ has always been underappreciated by netizens (I won't even say the general public, who tend to not bother comment much online so their voices I think are heard better through concrete numbers like ratings, box office results and sales of brands that the actor/actress represents), her good work has at least been recognized more often than not by the critics, judges, other actors, some directors and writers!

• Like 12

Congratulations to Hyo Joo!!! :lol:

20 minutes ago, starfield said:

I think extra consideration has to be given to HHJ for just how frigging difficult it was to portray a character with such a strange setup, and to be used mostly to advance the plot while the two main male characters, namely KC and OSM, get to have their arcs and characters developed in a much more typical linear fashion as the series progressed. So for HHJ to not only have made OYJ convincing as a normal person going through all those impossible situations (side note: hate the "exaggerated over-acting" comments, stupid, Soo-bong was being 10 times more dramatic yet I think normal people like you and I could very well have reacted like Soo-bong did in those situations), but to have made OYJ lovable.

This! Although for me OSM wasn't developed very well either, he was just given more badass-type stuff to do. To me OYJ was definitely the most difficult character to portray in W. Hyo Joo was the only actor in the show who had to carry both the comedy and the drama in the show, and she had to do it with a character who could have had a lot of potential but whose motivations were written as quite one-dimensional. Major props to her for pulling it off; I don't think a lot of other actresses could have done it as well as she did.

Looking forward to her appearance at the BIFF opening night! <3

• Like 11

Oh, forgot to say, please send our love to her, @adeleyam, if you happen to meet her again lol. Thank you in advance for your updates!

Let's keep the good vibes, guys. We may not agree on some things abt W, Oh Yeon Joo - personally, I am not a fan of her pairing this time, too, but we are all here because we love the actress and the personality. Excluding the netizens' negativity, Hyo Joo IS good vibes, something she's always been, that is why I'm here to stay lol. 

2 hours ago, starfield said:

Congraaaaaaaaaaaaaatulations uri Hyo-joo ahhh hahahaha!!!! 

Anyway, haters gonna hate, they were bashing her before she got this award and if they want to say the award was rigged, then they'd be challenging the validity of ALL the other winners too. Glad that while HHJ has always been underappreciated by netizens (I won't even say the general public, who tend to not bother comment much online so their voices I think are heard better through concrete numbers like ratings, box office results and sales of brands that the actor/actress represents), her good work has at least been recognized more often than not by the critics, judges, other actors, some directors and writers!

I agree...i like her to win best actress/individual award rather than the best couple(although it would have been a happy news for a shipper like me:P) 'cause the committee/critics/judges/jury are the ones who chose the winners(their votes are much weighted than online votes)...They are the professionals in this field so it only means that they chose the best among the best...

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

Congratulations to Hyo Joo!!! :lol:

To me OYJ was definitely the most difficult character to portray in W. Hyo Joo was the only actor in the show who had to carry both the comedy and the drama in the show, and she had to do it with a character who could have had a lot of potential but whose motivations were written as quite one-dimensional. Major props to her for pulling it off; I don't think a lot of other actresses could have done it as well as she did.

Yes indeed!!!even the writer itself admits that OYJ has the difficult character to play but although HHJ got criticized on the first few episodes (mostly from haters), i believe that she really nailed the last few eps (especially eps 10)...and she really did her best to portray the role, maybe others got disappointed of OYJ 'cause we already seen how great our HHJ's acting in her past works but we should also remember that this is not her cup of tea and a major transition/change she did to portray this role...there maybe few haters but i believe that much more fans praised her and got hooked in W bec. of OYJ...:D Among other contenders, she's still the BEST!:P

Like one of the saying here in my country says " : A tree that bears fruit is often hurled at."
Meaning: People who succeed are the subject of jealousy and envy. (success always accompanies by criticism)

HYOJOO FIGHTING!:)

Anyways, i know that we hyolics are all proud and happy for this award of our dear Hyojoo....:blush:

Good day chingus! God bless everyone! 

• Like 9

Congratulations, Yeon Joo-sshi/Han Hyo Joo! 

I truly believe she deserves this award. Han Hyo Joo gave life to Yeon Joo. I think I've gotten used to Hyo Joo being criticized since Spring Waltz days (on  her own forum lolz and other fora as well) and during Dong Yi days, I realized whatever explanantions I have to give on why Hyo Joo deserves what she was given, nonfans and even some fans would still rant on why she does not deserve what they think she does not deserve. So I think its enough to say why she deserves it and let them say their piece. But that's easier said than done coz some are really harsh with their words. 

But the multitude of emotions that Hyo Joo was able to convey through Yeon Joo surely warrants this award for me. She was caught between her father and her ideal man that she has come to love. She understands Kang Chul and why he thinks the way he does and at the same time, she respects her father and hopes her father is doing what he thinks is best for the situation. When the time came when both her father and kang chul came to a misunderstanding, she was caught in middle trying to fix things for all of them. Yet in the end, some people still see her as a damsel in distress, as an ungrateful daughter, as a woman undeserving of a hero's love, as a girl who did not even show happiness in the arms of her man (in the last hospital bed scene where yeon joo was being hugged by kang chul ) forgetting that she has just lost her father.

• Like 12

I can't blame Hyo Joo for picking up W as a project. From the sounds of it, it seems like only the first two episode scripts were out before production commenced and the cast was decided and announced. LJS has said that he wasn't expecting his character to do so much as the episodes progressed. OSM's actor has also said that he wasn't expecting to portray such a heavy character and that it actually became burdensome for him as an actor. I think we can all agree that judging by just the first two episodes or so, that on paper, OYJ seems to be a role that is full of potential. Hyo Joo probably thought the same way and unfortunately, the character did not change much and kind of took a backseat (quite literally in episode 4 or 5? when she's taking the taxi to her father's place after KC breaks out into the real world lol) during the whole arc between her father and Kang Chul.

But anyway, just a few more days until BIFF! Really excited :) 

• Like 7