[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Rebel 叛逆者

sugarplum892

13 hours ago, hush puppy said:

"Faith should not be attached to any one particular person.  Faith should evolve from an unending journey of practice, struggles and observations - to eventually strengthen one's Resolve."

there're many beautiful quotes in the Rebel that i like, some of them are:
Ep 1
ZQM: "a brief parting today is for a better meeting tomorrow"
CMQ: "Keep this in mind. You can never trust anyone completely"
Ep 2
LNS: "I do cherish this opportunity. That's why i'll do my best. I will adhere to my duty, and never back down"
Ep 8
ZYZ: "I know you're telling me this for my sake. But in his eyes, I'm more than just your daughter. I'm not the rich man's daughter who needs to be taken care of anymore. I'm just me"
Ep 9
ZYZ: "This is my first time meeting someone who's willing to speak with me on an equal level. He respects my toughts. He admires my opinions. When i'm together with him, I don't need to depend on someone else. We care for each others as an equal"
Ep 15
GSY: "Believe in yourself. As long as you do your best, wherever you go you will succeed".
GSY: "Young man don't be reckless, you have to cherish your life"
Ep 1 & 17
ZQM: "As long as we're on the same path, we will meet again eventually"
Ep 18
ZYT : "One with great ability should undertake more responsibility"
Ep 20
LNS: "One who betray his comrade, is more despicable than a traitor"
Ep 21
GSY: "You shouldn't put your faith in someone. In my opinion, you should seek for your faith through continuous battles and progress. Only then, you can be sure your own faith"
Ep 24
Chief Lu: "Of course i'm aware of the situation. But, a noble man won't forget morality and justice even in a time of crisis"
GSY: "You must always look forward, let the past be the past. Let me remind you again,  no matter what you say or do in the future, always be cautious"
Ep 28
GSY: "Don't worry too much about the immediate success or a failure. Every bullet we shoot, is a proclamation of indomitability"
The Japanese lady: "You two has spent a lot of time apart. You rarely get a chance to get together. You must cherish it. Even a chat with each other is good enough."
ZYZ: "I'm leaving in a couple of days. Before i leave, let's have a meal together." 
Ep 32
LNS: "I didn't enter this organisation, just because i wanted a good future"
Ep 34
GSY: "Believe in yourself, and keep going"
Ep 41
LXJ: "You're the person, I cherish the most in my life"

and i really like how they always make sure to stay alive, try and remind each other to live. 
- in ep 22, LNS said to ZYZ that she need to stay alive, and ZYZ said that "we have to stay alive and be well:
- in ep 25, LNS said to ZYZ "but at least we're still alive. Hope exist when we're alive"
- in ep 28, ZYZ reminding LNS that as long as we're alive, there's always hope
- in ep 28, ZQM was glad that LNS still alive
- in ep 33, LXJ said to LNS "at least i'm still alive, at least Zi Lu is still alive"
and there're more. I can't describe this well enough but i really love how they cheres their life and people around them.

Also Lao Ji, i called him our cupid :joy:

44 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

BTW I gave up Reunion: The Sound Of Providence. Not my genre :lol:

it's ok, it's indeed not everyone genre :joy:

46 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

What do you think of  @impoppies's comments.  I would love to hear your views

i'm sorry, i'm not good at giving explanation. Some found The Rebel is a traumatic event (i've a friend who know the event on that era and it's hard for her to watch the Rebel), some might found The Rebel is not their cup of tea, some might found The Rebel is rich in intrepretation. So yeah, i can't comment on that.

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Rebel 叛逆者